• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

So, even if the Spurs beat the Pelicans next and Grizz drop their next game, they could drop to the #3 seed if the Clips win their remaining games. My only hope is playing @PHX on a back-to-back.

random25

My Pacers still has a slim chance to make it into the playoffs. I really want them in just because. I hate rooting for the Bulls but they gotta win their game against Brooklyn! And hopefully Orlando wins against them too lol.

And Spurs are just damn good right now. No matter how many times the media have counted them out the last few years, they are still the team to beat in the West.

Clarkson averaging 16/5/5 since the All Star break (and since Byron Scott pulled his head out of his ass) on 48% FG. Mitch found a gem in the 2nd round.

Fjordson

Clarkson averaging 16/5/5 since the All Star break (and since Byron Scott pulled his head out of his ass) on 48% FG. Mitch found a gem in the 2nd round.
I called this. Kinda :p

Clarkson is under the radar dope I think. He was good at Mizzou. I remember watching him torch us (Kentucky) for like 30 points late in the season last year.

---

Spurs have to be the worst NBA franchise by a large margin.
Welcome back mang!

Jonm1010

Banned
Davis has some real scrubs around him.

Let's wait til this core group: davis, anderson, jrue, evans and gordon get more then a combined total of 22 games over the last two seasons where they are actually all healthy before we write off Davis's role players.

Those 5 players have played a combined 180 minutes together over two seasons yet we may make the playoffs in spite of that.

Jonm1010

Banned
Don't know about Evans, but Jrue is serviceable.

Why did it take the Pels this long to go to the Hack-a-Smith route?
Jrue is underrated and has potential. People forget he is only a month older then Damian Lillard and when he wants to he can be one of the best defensive PG's in the league.

He wasn't worth giving up two early lottery picks for but I can't undue that so its water under the bridge at this point. I think a healthy jrue and a healthy Pelicans next year will surprise people.

i want lebron to bring a title to cleveland just so he has no more reasons to stay there and come where he really belongs

Miami

I don't want him back, I definitely don't miss the media circus he brings with him. Don't be like spineless Cleveland fans who welcomed him back after he left for selfish reasons.

I want him to never get a ring again, don't care where. He did our team dirty, fuck that noise.

He definitely left us in a bad spot, and he let D Wade walk away from a lot of money. I think he knew he was going to leave Miami long before he announced it.

CSX

Im no basketball fan but I back Louisiana teams 100%.
I hope the Pels reach the playoffs for Davis.

IF they do, it will be fun watching Anthony Davis becoming God of Gods in the playoffs and through sheer will, lose to the Warriors in 6 instead of 4 or 5.

Yeah man. He did your team real dirty with those 4 consecutive Finals appearances and 2 rings.

I never said i wasn't grateful for what he did for us. those 4 years were amazig.

but he also did us dirty in the end, too. I can appreciate what he did for us and also acknowledge that he did us wrong in the end, too. Those feelings aren't mutually exclusive

random25

I never said i wasn't grateful for what he did for us. those 4 years were amazig.

but he also did us dirty in the end, too. I can appreciate what he did for us and also acknowledge that he did us wrong in the end, too. Those feelings aren't mutually exclusive

Where in the world did the man do dirty to the Heat? He wasn't obligated to stay and so he left. It's not like he's Melo that demanded to leave when he's on a contract.

lol, how the hell did he do anything wrong to the Heat?

Shun

So, even if the Spurs beat the Pelicans next and Grizz drop their next game, they could drop to the #3 seed if the Clips win their remaining games. My only hope is playing @PHX on a back-to-back.

Wouldn't the Spurs be guaranteed #2 seed if San Antonio, LA, and Houston all finish with the same record?

San Antonio would win the tiebreaker because they take the division since they have a better head to head record against Houston.

LA would then be the 3rd seed, Houston 5th, and Memphis 6th if Memphis continues to lose.

That said, New Orleans is basically guaranteed 8th seed now and Indiana is now out since Brooklyn holds the tiebreaker and has an easier schedule.

Where in the world did the man do dirty to the Heat? He wasn't obligated to stay and so he left. It's not like he's Melo that demanded to leave when he's on a contract.

lol, how the hell did he do anything wrong to the Heat?

He left them in a lurch, they had to overpay bosh to keep him around and they lost out on being able to recruit other free agents waiting for lebron to make a move.

Yeah, he didn't owe them anything but he could've gone about things in a better way. He left them scrambling to put anything together for the next season, missing out on a chance to recruit Pau Gasol and not knowing what their cap situation was going to look like since he was writing letters with SI days in advance.

The team didn't really do him wrong, either, so the least he could've done is walked away in a less ego soaked manner. Mind you, i know the irony in saying this given that's how we got him from cleveland but our organization wasn't a complete shithole like their's was/is. What did he have to get mad at the heat about, letting broken ass Mike Miller go?

Redd

It's not like the Heat had to overpay for Bosh though. Could've let him go to Houston, then tank a season and retool for next year.

Also it's Lebron James, he's done it before. Pretty easy to tell he was frustrated with the Heat after the Spurs series.

I just don't see anything that egregious with what he did. He played the length of his contract, got them to 4 championships (winning two of them) and then took his time to decide to leave. It doesn't seem like he was letting anyone on or anything like that. It's the Heats own fault for not preparing themselves for what was a definite possibility.

Wouldn't the Spurs be guaranteed #2 seed if San Antonio, LA, and Houston all finish with the same record?

San Antonio would win the tiebreaker because they take the division since they have a better head to head record against Houston.

LA would then be the 3rd seed, Houston 5th, and Memphis 6th if Memphis continues to lose.

That said, New Orleans is basically guaranteed 8th seed now and Indiana is now out since Brooklyn holds the tiebreaker and has an easier schedule.

You sure? I mean Portland has a worse record yet they're not budging from that #4 spot. Division winners are only guaranteed the top 4.

Spurs have to be the worst NBA franchise by a large margin.
Really?

I just don't see anything that egregious with what he did. He played the length of his contract, got them to 4 championships (winning two of them) and then took his time to decide to leave. It doesn't seem like he was letting anyone on or anything like that. It's the Heats own fault for not preparing themselves for what was a definite possibility.

He held off long enough that other free agents that they were going to pursue were no longer available. The market was moving along and they had to wait till he decided to do something before they could move. How do you prepare for that?

It's not that he left, it's how he left: he intentionally crippled miami's ability to get decent deals on the market because he held out for so long. He had pat riley fly out to vegas for a 30 minute meeting under the auspicious that Miami still had a shot at him when days before he was helping put the finishing touches on the letter for SI. Dude just trolled the heat on the way out, the team that helped him get those rings he couldn't get in Cleveland because they were/are an incompetent front office that is incredibly reactionary and short sighted.

So i agree, he had the right to leave and he can do what he wants. just that he didn't have to be a dick about it at the end.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I don't think he crippled Miamis ability to deal with other FAs intentionally and I don't think he was necessarily a dick about leaving either. There's just no good way to leave a team.

More importantly:

"NBA rescinds Russell Westbrook technical foul from Sunday night. He can play tonight against Portland." - @DAldrigeTNT

Shun

You sure? I mean Portland has a worse record yet they're not budging from that #4 spot. Division winners are only guaranteed the top 4.

Really?

TIEBREAKER BASIS:
(-) Tie breaker not needed (better overall winning percentage)
(1) Division leader wins tie from team not leading a division
(2) Head-to-head won-lost percentage
(3) Conference won-lost percentage
(4) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, own conference
(5) W-L Percentage vs. Playoff teams, other conference
(6) Net Points, all games

Memphis lose against Golden State, San Antonio wins the #2 Seed over LA as per Basis 1 and beat out Houston for Southwest Division as for Basis 2.

San Antonio wins #2 seed if they all win the next couple games and end with the same record.

Same thing will happen even if Houston loses and LA wins both, San Antonio is guaranteed 2nd Seed so long as Memphis loses.

D Wade opted out of his contract, and $42 million dollars so they could give Lebron the max, and recruit other free agents. I mean yeah they signed him for $31 million and he is already wealthy, but losing $10 million dollars is still a lot to lose.

Lebron could have at least let him know that he was strongly considering leaving Miami.

I agree that the Heat should have been more prepared, but at the same time why would they think he would leave a potential dynasty, for an organization that has never won a championship?

Top Bottom