• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

It's going to suck to see Mirotic get 6th man instead of RoY. Just like it did with Ben Gordon

Mirotic is great, but I don't think he has a good enough statline to get either award. He started a bit too slow. He definitely would have won ROY easily if only the 2nd half of the year counted.

overcast

Grizzlies look awful all of a sudden, holy shit.

Pelicans won't beat the Spurs. San Antonio gonna get the 2nd seed after seemingly having an "off season" and they're healthy going into the playoffs. Scary.

I would rather get the Blazers or Grizzlies than the Clippers. Clippers have our number. I think people want to see Portland/Houston again after last years crazy series.

random25

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone think the Spurs will lose to the Pelicans?

If Pop suddenly trolls and says he'll send his core guys back home in the final game to rest up, then they have a chance lol. Other than that, I think they are really trying to lock that 2nd seed.

Grizzlies look awful all of a sudden, holy shit.

Pelicans won't beat the Spurs. San Antonio gonna get the 2nd seed after seemingly having an "off season" and they're healthy going into the playoffs. Scary.

I would rather get the Blazers or Grizzlies than the Clippers. Clippers have our number. I think people want to see Portland/Houston again after last years crazy series.

Yeah, I think I'd rather play Portland too.

So what would it take for us to lock up 5th?

So the heat are probably not making the playoffs and the stupid asses are also still trying to win, possibly costing them the 10th pick.

Riley come the fuck on

So the heat are probably not making the playoffs and the stupid asses are also still trying to win, possibly costing them the 10th pick.

Riley come the fuck on

Calm down. The only way we could lose the pick is if Brooklyn loses and we win tomorrow. Worst case we just tank tomorrow's game, we are in the driver seat for our pick.

Calm down. The only way we could lose the pick is if Brooklyn loses and we win tomorrow. Worst case we just tank tomorrow's game, we are in the driver seat for our pick.

yeah but we're playing the sixers. I'm pretty sure they'll be running around on the court with magaritas in those huge round glasses in their hands and sunglasses on, they're ready for the summer.

Warriors reserves used the 4th quarter convince voters that Curry indeed is the league MVP with their awful awful performance. The Lee and Speights experiment should've been concluded long ago.

Warriors reserves used the 4th quarter convince voters that Curry indeed is the league MVP with their awful awful performance. The Lee and Speights experiment should've been concluded long ago.

Thompson was more responsible for the big lead than Curry last night. Thompson couldn't miss from downtown

yeah but we're playing the sixers. I'm pretty sure they'll be running around on the court with magaritas in those huge round glasses in their hands and sunglasses on, they're ready for the summer.

76ers are also the recipients of that pick. So they're probably gonna tank like they've never tanked before. Just gotta hope Brooklyn wins in Orlando.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I hope OKC gets the final spot, as I think they have a puncher's chance of getting the round 1 upset.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This a dirty business ...smh
— DeMarcus Cousins (@boogiecousins) April 12, 2015

George Karl said pregame that he hadn't spoken to DeMarcus Cousins yet since he was declared out for the season.
— Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) April 14, 2015

Coach spoke on a few issues related to the offseason: George Karl believes the Kings have to be open to all possibilities to improve the team in the offseason: "I've had some great players and I never had one player that I've said is untradeable. You've always got to be ready for the possibility of a great trade."
— Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) April 14, 2015

I don’t think that anything is concrete but DeMarcus Cousins trade speculation has jumped considerably among Kings sources in last 24 hours.
— Aaron Bruski (@aaronbruski) April 14, 2015

Sactown what are you doing...

I think nearly every team out there aside from a small handful would consider trading for Boogie.

So Spurs may win the division again....

Also, one more Lakers game to go, then the season is over (finally). Regardless, I still thought there were some highlights of the season for me personally. The Golden State game was one of my favorites in recent memory. Beating the Bulls was fun, as usual. Watching Jordan Clarkson flourish is a treat as well. Hope he becomes an All-Star.

Kinda hope it happens. Love Boogie and Sactown sucks.

edit: also, just went detectiveGAF on some of my old posts about Klay Thompson / Love. I'll carry this L for a while.

0tQHsGT.gif

Most of us here (including me) thought Klay for Love would have been a great trade for GS salary cap willing. Love got us fooled lol.
And to think Klay is your boy so yeah hold that L up high :).

tchocky

Great interview with Paul Pierce

"Before I got there, I looked at Deron as an MVP candidate,'' Pierce said. "But I felt once we got there, that's not what he wanted to be. He just didn't want that.

Though much has been made of it, Pierce said, people don't understand he wasn't all that close to Allen to begin with.

"It was a weird relationship,'' Pierce conceded. "We were all good friends on the court, but Ray always did his own thing. That's just the way Ray was. Even when we were playing together, we'd be having a team dinner and Ray wouldn't show up. We'd go to his charity events but Ray wouldn't show up to somebody else's.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Apparently Nick Batum was injured in the game. Is anyone going to be healthy by the time the playoffs roll around?

Yeah, this season has been brutal all over, but damn the Blazers have been destroyed by injury this year.

Lopez isn't/hasn't been the same.. LA has the hand, though he seems ok, but he has other nagging injuries, Batum has been injured for what seems like all damn year, Leonard was hurt, Kaman was hurt, Freeland was hurt, and of course the heart and soul (sorry LA and Dame) Wes Matthews achilles. I'm sure I missed a few others too.. tough year.

Also, what's with ESPN's fascination with the MVP race.. does any really truly give a fuck about the MVP award.. and if so.. why?

Fjordson

Also, what's with ESPN's fascination with the MVP race.. does any really truly give a fuck about the MVP award.. and if so.. why?
It's one of the more interesting races recently. Not a single dominant candidate, younger players, no Lebron, etc. And fans seem to care a lot about it (aka too much). It is a little overkill at this point, but you know they gotta milk something for as many articles/Sportscenter segments as possible.

Not at all surprised ESPN's panel gives Curry a 91% chance to win it. Like I've been saying for weeks, the race is over.

zychi

Banned

The NBA is ESPN's bread and butter. They''re obsessed with the MVP because it has three great NBA characters involved with Curry, Harden and YNB. They're paid to talk about it since the playoffs are basically set.

Sanjuro

I love Paul Pierce.

Basically stating Deron was shit, and Joe Johnson just isn't that good of a solo act.

Deron will always be cancerous and awful.

dream

Good for Paul, saying what everyone but dIEHARD knew about Deron Williams. He's a piece of shit player, and an even worse human.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Charles just went in hard on young basketball players leaving college coming into the league after just one year.

Paraphrasing: "Please stay in school. I know y'all want to get paid but I'm gonna need a raise if I have to keep watching bad basketball."

I didn't catch what started the conversation to begin with but the Pacers vs. Wizards are playing right now so I assume it has something to do with that.

Top Bottom