• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

DWill looked like he was going to be great for a long time when he started in the league. I still remember the time when I legitimately thought he was going to be a better player/career than CP3 once its all said and done.. I did not weigh in on how much of a dog cp3 is on the court. Deron is not that.

Surprised to hear those about Ray. Never thought I would hear someone say somethiing about Ray where he will come across as a douchebag.

Sanjuro

DWill looked like he was going to be great for a long time when he started in the league. I still remember the time when I legitimately thought he was going to be a better player/career than CP3 once its all said and done.. I did not weigh in on how much of a dog cp3 is on the court. Deron is not that.

Surprised to hear those about Ray. Never thought I would hear someone say somethiing about Ray where he will come across as a douchebag.

Nah. It was pretty widely known Ray was like that since the day he showed up here.

He just didn't give a FUCKKKKKK

Sanjuro

Doc was actually good out of timeouts when he didn't call Pierce ISO the other 50% of the time.

I disagree due to him giving the fucking ball to Pierce so much. In the end it didn't matter because we didn't have any players that could thrive in that sort of situation.

spyder_ur

The Anti-Doc.

Doc was plenty good out of time outs actually. I feel like Stevens can actually be a little more creative because they don't have that basketball cliche "guy who has to take the last shot". Thomas, Turner, Bradley, Zeller, Crowder, etc. have all had plays called for them and hit big shots at the end of games this year.

Tom Penny

I disagree due to him giving the fucking ball to Pierce so much. In the end it didn't matter because we didn't have any players that could thrive in that sort of situation.

He ran Pierce ISO and Ray triple screen left and right. Pierce ISO were always so obvious. As he got older he had no juice to hit those step backs.

Sanjuro

Doc was plenty good out of time outs actually. I feel like Stevens can actually be a little more creative because they don't have that basketball cliche "guy who has to take the last shot". Thomas, Turner, Bradley, Zeller, Crowder, etc. have all had plays called for them and hit big shots at the end of games this year.

Rick Pitino is rolling in his grave at the notion of this Celtics team.

I'll never say Doc was great at plays of that sort. Again, largely because his team was constructed of players that weren't able to do certain things, or willing to.

spyder_ur

Rick Pitino is rolling in his grave at the notion of this Celtics team.

I'll never say Doc was great at plays of that sort. Again, largely because his team was constructed of players that weren't able to do certain things, or willing to.

That might be fair. I have memories of Doc drawing up plenty of good looks out of TOs - the truth about that team was they were never that good offensively despite the names. I hated the way he coached offense most of the rest of the time, but plays out of TOs I wouldn't say were a weakness moreso than the rest of the game.

I should be at game 3 at least - really looking forward to it.

Bill Simmons retweeted
Sean Grande ‏@SeanGrandePBP 13m13 minutes ago
The two best teams in the East the last two months will meet in the first round.
CCmRCfjUsAAKmtt.jpg

It's groundhog day... again...

spyder_ur

He ran Pierce ISO and Ray triple screen left and right. Pierce ISO were always so obvious. As he got older he had no juice to hit those step backs.

True, This was kind of his last gasp on that front. One of my all time favorite Pierce moments. That was an incredible game - I'm glad I'm not much of a betting man because I would've bet the house on them in game 6. LeBron put in maybe the greatest performance I've ever seen in person - took all of the air out of the building immediately.

Sanjuro

That might be fair. I have memories of Doc drawing up plenty of good looks out of TOs - the truth about that team was they were never that good offensively despite the names. I hated the way he coached offense most of the rest of the time, but plays out of TOs I wouldn't say were a weakness moreso than the rest of the game.

I should be at game 3 at least - really looking forward to it.

I wouldn't say all time outs. Drawing up a final shot was an issue. Most of them were bailed out by Ray's physical ability to place himself to succeed.

I would love Ray on this team for a playoff run. Especially in the place of Sully.

Kacar

Feel confident against the Celtics.

Hopefuly Stevens doesn't consume Blatt's soul. But I think we will be fine.

Edit: Just read a Rovell tweet that said curry made 77 straight 3s in practice today and 94/100. A god.

Surprised the Wiz even came to play tonight to be honest.

Does a Win cement the 8th seed, or Indy gonna have to beat the Grizz in Memphis to get in?

random25

My Pacers are still alive! Yeah! Don't care if it looks ugly as hell (I've seen much worse lol). The important thing is we get the win we badly needed.

One more. I would wish for a Nets loss but I would rather wish for a Pacers win tomorrow against the Grizz.

Top Bottom