• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Wow, do the Spurs really drop from 2nd Seed to 6th if they lose today? o_o

Edit - Well shit, now Taj Gibson leaving the game with shoulder pain.

4 pt game in Philly

wadeyeah.gif

Bulls better be smart and lose this game.

Revenge, Wall v Rose, Iron sharpens Iron, they need the Wiz series with Rose working his way back in to get into a rhythm and be challenged.
Milwaukee would be worse because the Bulls will overlook them, Milwaukee is tricky defensively with their length, series will go longer than it needs to, and they won't be sharp enough to handle Cleveland.

Bulls need Wiz - Atl - Cle path to make the Finals.
No Sefalosha, Milsap's shoulder issue is easier than rd 2 Cleveland would be.
Also, going 6 or 7 to hopefully beat a team ball smart Atlanta team would sharpen the Bulls up even more.
By rd 3, Bulls could conceivably be sharpened up enough that could beat Cleveland.
Reminds me a little of the 08 Celtics run on paper.....this Bulls team isn't as good obviously...but that 08 Celtics games needed the playoff games against Atlanta (7) and Cleveland (7) to sharpen them up enough to beat Detroit and the Lakers. Scalabrine said as much, they needed those games.
Bulls have had guys in and out of the lineup all year.......they need 2 playoff rounds against Wiz and Atl in order to have a good shot to upset Cleveland.

ViciousDS

Banned
Bulls better be smart and lose this game.

Revenge, Wall v Rose, Iron sharpens Iron, they need the Wiz series with Rose working his way back in to get into a rhythm and be challenged.
Milwaukee would be worse because the Bulls will overlook them, Milwaukee is tricky defensively with their length, series will go longer than it needs to, and they won't be sharp enough to handle Cleveland.

Bulls need Wiz - Atl - Cle path to make the Finals.
No Sefalosha, Milsap's shoulder issue is easier than rd 2 Cleveland would be.
Also, going 6 or 7 to hopefully beat a team ball smart Atlanta team would sharpen the Bulls up even more.
By rd 3, Bulls could conceivably be sharpened up enough that could beat Cleveland.
Reminds me a little of the 08 Celtics run on paper.....this Bulls team isn't as good obviously...but that 08 Celtics games needed the playoff games against Atlanta (7) and Cleveland (7) to sharpen them up enough to beat Detroit and the Lakers. Scalabrine said as much, they needed those games.
Bulls have had guys in and out of the lineup all year.......they need 2 playoff rounds against Wiz and Atl in order to have a good shot to upset Cleveland.

not going to lie though, our bulls could get pushed to 7 by Milwaukee........they have been a surprise all year. Best, as much as I want an easier round 1. Going through Wall for 7 games would really toughen up the bulls, plus its a revenge series....they will come out with vengeance. I could see Noah turning up his game as well do to last year.

RELAYER

Banned
Can you imagine being a professional NBA player and being so shit at free throws that other teams just foul you at will just to fuck with your offense?

I mean you're a professional basketball player, learn how to shoot a fucking free throw.

edit: holy crap the Spurs are embarrassing

ViciousDS

Banned
I would love to see Indiana make the playoffs.......I really think it would be fun to see a Atlanta and Indiana go back at it.

Nothing but round 1 revenge series lol

Bulls vs Wizards

Atlanta vs Indiana

Grizzlies vs SA

Houston vs Portland

not going to lie though, our bulls could get pushed to 7 by Milwaukee........they have been a surprise all year. Best, as much as I want an easier round 1. Going through Wall for 7 games would really toughen up the bulls, plus its a revenge series....they will come out with vengeance. I could see Noah turning up his game as well do to last year.

I'm with you, I want no part of Milwaukee.
They are so long, it would be an ugly series in terms of shot selection.

Wiz players understandably think they can beat the Bulls having done it last yr, Gortat and Nene always seem to play big against the Bulls.
But the Bulls offense is much more diverse than that overachieving bunch between Mirotic, Gasol, Rose, and improved Jimmy, Brooks hitting 3s.
I'll take the Bulls chances against the Wiz.........it will be hard fought, but the Bulls have grinded so much during the Thibs era that I think these guys need the juice of playing Washington to get perked up right away.

I just dont think the Bulls will be sharp enough to beat Cleveland in rd 2.
They need 12-14 playoff games to get ready for that series.
Plus, Cleveland could lull into a false sense of security.
Coast against Boston in 4 or 5 (probably 5 since Stevens is brilliant and could steal a game)
Then beat Toronto in 5, maybe 6 at most (will be fun for the Toronto crowds, but don't see Toronto threatening Cleveland that much).
Meanwhile the Bulls conceivably would have been through two razor sharp wars, maybe their bball level is higher starting that series.

ViciousDS

Banned
I'm with you, I want no part of Milwaukee.
They are so long, it would be an ugly series in terms of shot selection.

Wiz players understandably think they can beat the Bulls having done it last yr, Gortat and Nene always seem to play big against the Bulls.
But the Bulls offense is much more diverse than that overachieving bunch between Mirotic, Gasol, Rose, and improved Jimmy, Brooks hitting 3s.
I'll take the Bulls chances against the Wiz.........it will be hard fought, but the Bulls have grinded so much during the Thibs era that I think these guys need the juice of playing Washington to get perked up right away.

I just dont think the Bulls will be sharp enough to beat Cleveland in rd 2.
They need 12-14 playoff games to get ready for that series.
Plus, Cleveland could lull into a false sense of security.
Coast against Boston in 4 or 5 (probably 5 since Stevens is brilliant and could steal a game)
Then beat Toronto in 5, maybe 6 at most (will be fun for the Toronto crowds, but don't see Toronto threatening Cleveland that much).
Meanwhile the Bulls conceivably would have been through two razor sharp wars, maybe their bball level is higher starting that series.

Mirotic is easily my rookie of the year over wiggins.....dude is a freak for first year in the nba......he will be huge in the coming years. Would love to see him mature even further like Butler did in his breakout year.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
The Blazers should just concede the 1st round to whoever they play.. they are done this year. Too many injuries.. it's all caught up them. They just suck now.

dream

So through no fault of our own, we would end up playing the Spurs in the first round after all? That's just incredibly unfair.

Wait, what?
If the Spurs lose? Or were you being funny

If the spurs lose they drop to 6th and since we pretty much have won we're going to 2, so we will play them in the first round barring a Memphis loss

EDIT: oh wait shit i messed up we're playing the mavs if they lose lol nevermind I'm tired

random25

Pelicans you're almost there! Hold on to the lead!

And Pacers need to earn it with this final game because Orlando is currently choking.

I can't believe we are not losing this, wtf is wrong with them. What a way to end this shit season, by losing our draft pick cause Beasley.

Well I am glad this cursed season is over, next year will be fun.

Top Bottom