• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Anyone actually think the Warriors can win it all?

If healthy...after a full season of getting familiar with the new offensive scheme...most definitely.

They played like crap tonight and still won.

Defense....3 point shooting and a bench.

The problem unfortunately will be their lack of health come playoffs.

Jonm1010

Banned
Jesus. Davis with another 6 blocks. 27 and 11 as well. A lean night.

Don't forget 4 steals!

....Jrue has also looked really good over the last two games. Great D(basically saved the game tonight with a clutch block on Leonard) 20 assists and 1 turnover in two games. Just needs to take 1 or 2 less bad shots a game and he would be perfect for me.

Jonm1010

Banned
Did I see that right, Harden 1-11 on 3pt? Holy shit that is amazing! Exactly why I will never trust this team or the Thunder to win it all. too much fuck ball when the road gets tough.

I can only hope. Pelicans are facing a hell of a road with teams like the Kings deciding they want to try being good for once.
Huge win today vs San Antonio (with all their starters). If they keep this up and make the playoffs Davis is a lock for MVP. Probably won't keep a 4 bpg pace as that's ridiculous. I think Dikembe was the last one to avg 4 bpg. But something like 24/12 with 3 bpg and good %s along with a 7 or 8 seed and he wins MVP.

Jonm1010

Banned
Huge win today vs San Antonio (with all their starters). If they keep this up and make the playoffs Davis is a lock for MVP. Probably won't keep a 4 bpg pace as that's ridiculous. I think Dikembe was the last one to avg 4 bpg. But something like 22/12 with 3 bpg and good %s along with a 7 or 8 seed and he wins MVP.

It still just seems to good to be true but I hope you are right.

Branduil

If this season doesn't lead to playoff reform nothing will. Gonna be 10-11 legit teams in the west fighting for 8 playoff spots while garbage eastern teams with losing records make the playoffs.

DJwest

Huge win today vs San Antonio (with all their starters). If they keep this up and make the playoffs Davis is a lock for MVP. Probably won't keep a 4 bpg pace as that's ridiculous. I think Dikembe was the last one to avg 4 bpg. But something like 24/12 with 3 bpg and good %s along with a 7 or 8 seed and he wins MVP.
When was the last time someone won MVP with a 7th/8th seed ? I feel like you need to be in a top 4 NBA team to qualify for MVP.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I want to say yes but its been what less than 8 games. only 10% of the season not to mention playoffs where everybody steps their game up. its wayyyyyy to early. However, they are definitely the best team in the league right now. If they are playing like this after the all star break I will be a believer.

Into

Who is ready for some ball!!!?

Magic at Nets? Right guys!?

..guys?

Hello? Cmon its a stank game, but we can make fun of Fournier and his make up

iamblades

They have an 89.4 defensive efficiency so far this season, and I don't really see that continuing over 82 games + postseason.

Last year they were more than 10 points higher, and 89.4 would put them down as the best statistical defense since the 2008 Celtics.

With quality shooting at the right time of year, anything is possible, but I don't think their defense will hold up over the long run.

Fjordson

They have an 89.4 defensive efficiency so far this season, and I don't really see that continuing over 82 games + postseason.

Last year they were more than 10 points higher, and 89.4 would put them down as the best statistical defense since the 2008 Celtics.

With quality shooting at the right time of year, anything is possible, but I don't think their defense will hold up over the long run.
Definitely doubt they'll hold that pace, but they were a top 5 defense last year. And they should be even better this year with Livingston and increased minutes from Draymond Green (+ Ron Adams on the bench).

Jonm1010

Banned
When was the last time someone won MVP with a 7th/8th seed ? I feel like you need to be in a top 4 NBA team to qualify for MVP.

I agree but don't have anything to back it up. I just feel like generally it is the best player on one of the top 3 teams that wins it every year. I mean I am optimistic about the Pelicans but not crazy. I think our absolute ceiling is 6-8 seed and a first round exit.

....Plus if pushed I think Curry is my MVP right now.

iamblades

I think you'd have to go back to Bob McAdoo in the mid 70s to find an MVP winner on a team that wasn't a great team. Aside from that the worst team record wise that had an MVP winner was the 87 bulls where Jordan was obviously the best player in the league, but the bulls hadn't quite become a great team yet.

That said I think the situation this year is a bit different. First, all the previous winners are either injured or getting off to slow starts, and secondly every team that makes the playoffs in the west is likely to be within 10 games of 1st place, so it's not like a 7th seed in this western conference is your traditional 'just made the playoffs' team.

If Davis averages 26/12/3/2+ while remaining efficient and getting his team a 6 or 7th seed, I don't see how you could justify not giving him the MVP, because that would be one of the best 5 statistical seasons since the merger.

If bogut holds up, I don't see how they can't maintain their defensive pace.. There's depth a ton of defensive depth on the perimeter... I mean iggy is coming off the bench

AcridMeat

Banned
Question gaf,, why Phoenix favorite tonight? Am I missing something?
Warriors on a back to back maybe?

I'm really glad Kerr went with Barnes in the starting line up with Igg off the bench. That kind of change is exactly what the team needed to stay coherent with each rotation.

edit: Ugh gonna miss most of if not all of the game. Damn I like watching the Suns in general too. It's gonna be fun.

Pimpwerx

Our ball movement is so good. When McBobs finds his groove and gets his minutes, we're going to be the Spurs of the East. PEACE..

Soonri

Parsons still looks sick, missing short on the J and with those inside moves.

E: Mavs also need to just hit shots, more than plenty of open looks.

Soonri

Heat playing exceptionally well... Mavs need to find ways to get people out of the paint when running O. Defensive rotations on time would also be nice

Pimpwerx

It's early season, but I really like the core of this team. Napier, Wade, Deng, McBobs and Bosh are a nice, veteran group to build from. In two years, adding a Durant or Howard would make us serious contenders. Riley says he's angling for his next big fish. I feel really optimistic for the next two years. This year will still have its hiccups. PEACE.

Here we go.
Faried will be a good challenge for Lopez and Lamarcus.
Lopez has gotten a lot more aggressive these last couple games.
This will be interesting

B2C44snIUAA8rM-.jpg

Top Bottom