• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Two Words

I'm not putting anyone above the spurs until they beat them in a 7 game series. Defense > offense, though the Mavs offense is legendarily good this year.
Mavs are playing with an average defense rating. That's good enough when you're playing at record offensive ratings. Their defensive rating would probably be better if they didn't finish so many fourth quarters as garbage time minutes and resting their starters so much.

Pimpwerx

We suck, but we're still better than those bitchass Cavs. LOL.

Kyrie dribbles too much and forces way too many shots for someone with Bron and Love out there. Love is finding out Bosh didn't have it so easy the last 4 years. Love doesn't do the defensive things Bosh does. The team as a whole is just garbage on the defensive end. Oh well. Hopefully we can get our shit back in order before they do. I'm tired of taking glee in another team's losses. It's lame. PEACE.

Branduil

Mavs definitely need to improve on defense to be a contender, but good team defense takes a while to build. Half of Dallas' rotation wasn't here last year, and even though some players like Tyson and Barea have been Mavs before, it's still going to take time to create that defensive chemistry.

It sure would help to get a better starting PG than Jameer Nelson though, especially on defense. If only Jason Kidd was a few years younger and still in the league he'd be the perfect point guard for this team.

B.O.O.M

I agree on Kyrie over-dribble mentality....dude needs to calm the fk down and pass the ball more

Lebron just disappears these days when it matters...KLove is underutilized..it's a bit of a mess in Cleveland at the moment.

Why would the Pacers accept that trade

Hibbert is still an elite defensive player and they are going to add Paul George and a high pick to the team

Waiters has no value

I guess they would have had to have done it preseason, when Hibbert's value was low coming off last season. I guess there is always the change he goes back to that and tanks his value.

Gonzalez

Banned
Wade, and Pat arn't there anymore to reel in LeBron's flaws this time. If Gilbert doesn't say anything, then LeBron will continue to regress back to his pre-Heat self.

Pimpwerx

So...did LeBron take himself out of that came with a minute or so left? I have a hard time believing Blatt would do that given the deficit. It wasn't an impossible gap by any means. PEACE.

I'm surprised LeBron keeps getting a pass for that sorry ass transition defense. Whenever he feels like he was wronged on the offensive end of the court, he basically Granny walks his way back on defense EVERY time.. And I never see the coaching staff or his team mates call him out for that. If Joe Harris did that he would get an ear full.

Cloudy

Banned
And this Cavs team is starting to remind me of how the Kobe/Nash/Dwight experiment started out, only without the injuries. They just do not look in-sync at all. I wonder when Blatt starts to feel the heat.]

Too many non-defensive players and not enough pure shooters.

Two Words

I want to give a formal apology to JJ Barea and being upset and Dallas picking him up by cutting Gal Mikel. JJ runs the offense so well off the bench.

Piecake

I want to give a formal apology to JJ Barea and being upset and Dallas picking him up by cutting Gal Mikel. JJ runs the offense so well off the bench.

I didnt know JJ could run an offense. All I saw from him last year was him driving to the basket, throwing up a contested layup and then falling to the ground, which usually resulted in a fast break opportunity for the other team.

Soonri

I didnt know JJ could run an offense. All I saw from him last year was him driving to the basket, throwing up a contested layup and then falling to the ground, which usually resulted in a fast break opportunity for the other team.
He's really good in Carlisle's pick and roll offense - running with anyone of the Mavs' bigs gets him into good situations. Granted Lakers' D is horrendous but he's played amazingly well since his return.

J2 Cool

I really think Kyrie's a large part of the problem. I don't see how him and Lebron will mesh. A pass first PG that plays good D would be so much better here. Also being the youth, such a weird thing to see Lebron as the veteran. He doesn't seem self motivated a lot of times. Just don't know how they'll fix this.

Really shines through the job Spoestra did in Miami assigning team roles and getting them in sync as a unit. Just dont have faith the pieces will come together to fit as well here.

What a wooooonderful day. Reading some comments on lakersground before the game and having a good laugh.

Are the Mavs better than Golden State? Portland?

A large part of their league leading point differential is thanks to a 53 pt running up of the score against Philly.

618.jpg

Cavs are lucky they aren't 3-8 tbh , it's been a struggle but I can see LeBron go back into ISO bron and try to do everything himself soon
Lol if Ray signs that's not gonna do shit .

Cavs offense should be a PnR festifus. But nope, lol. "Ball movement"

This is why Dion comes in the game, and chucks away. The gameplan is ridiculous.

Why is LeBron ignoring KL except when he is open in the corner for a 3?

Why is Irving doing ball handling drills, instead of running an offense?

But these bastards will still end up 55-27, wont they?

AcridMeat

Banned
Cavs offense should be a PnR festifus. But nope, lol. "Ball movement"

This is why Dion comes in the game, and chucks away. The gameplan is ridiculous.

Why is LeBron ignoring KL except when he is open in the corner for a 3?

Why is Irving doing ball handling drills, instead of running an offense?

But these bastards will still end up 55-27, wont they?
Because that's what he did with Bosh.

Top Bottom