• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA |OT| Let's just wait it out. Be NKY/LAL fans and lose our games together.

Dawned on me that this season is the golden opportunity for the Bulls. Butler is a legit all star, Gasol is really good, and the depth has been great even with McDermott not getting a lot of playing time. If we can be healthy by playoff time we can make the Finals. Don't screw it up Thibs.

Splatt

Dawned on me that this season is the golden opportunity for the Bulls. Butler is a legit all star, Gasol is really good, and the depth has been great even with McDermott not getting a lot of playing time. If we can be healthy by playoff time we can make the Finals. Don't screw it up Thibs.

Thibs is crazy. I can't believe he isn't limiting Butler's minutes. He's playing 40+ minutes every game he's in

Vio-Lence

Banned
i can understand limiting the minutes of aging veterans like Gasol, or a guy coming off injury like Noah or Rose, but there's no reason why Butler can't play 40 minutes a night. He's 25 years old in his prime, he can play the minutes.

The M.O.B

i can understand limiting the minutes of aging veterans like Gasol, or a guy coming off injury like Noah or Rose, but there's no reason why Butler can't play 40 minutes a night. He's 25 years old in his prime, he can play the minutes.

Isn't that what they say before having a season ending injury?

4 nights a week at 40 per isn't ideal for the human body.

Pimpwerx

But why is spreading the floor necessary on pick and rolls when the pick gives LeBron an advantage on his man to either drive or shoot? Love gives LeBron or Irving a greater advantage if he is the one setting the pick than Andy since Love is a far greater threat to score.

I also have a hard time believing it is necessary for Love to park his butt out there on the 3 point line considering that Love and Pek played together last year and the floor spacing was fine, enough for Rubio to make plays by either driving and dishing or simply dishing.

It just seems pretty absurd to waste a 60% TS scorer and elite rebounder by telling him to spot up for the weak-side 3. If that is how the Cavs were going to use him, they shouldn't have bothered to trade for him. I am sure they could have gotten Ryan Anderson, Channing Frye, or some other stretch 4 for far cheaper. Not that I am complaining or anything because I definitely like having Wiggins, Bennett, and Thad.
Love on the LeBron pnr is fine, but that lane is clogged as long as Andy is out there. What incentive is there for his man to stay out of the paint? The dangerous Andy jumper? I just park Andy's man down there and dare Varejao to beat me from midrange. The defenders on the pnr can play it more aggressively knowing they have backup.

LeBron is a big dude and not really shifty. The Love-LeBron pnr works great if Love could play center, but he can't. As long as there's aa traditional center out there, that tandem can never max their potential imo. I see it like Miami. 2 of your 3 best players play on the wing. Love can be efficient enough from the perimeter that any loss of his production is more than made up with increased efficiency from Kyrie and LeBron. That's my kind of thinking. It worked too well for us. PEACE.

Piecake

Love on the LeBron pnr is fine, but that lane is clogged as long as Andy is out there. What incentive is there for his man to stay out of the paint? The dangerous Andy jumper? I just park Andy's man down there and dare Varejao to beat me from midrange. The defenders on the pnr can play it more aggressively knowing they have backup.

LeBron is a big dude and not really shifty. The Love-LeBron pnr works great if Love could play center, but he can't. As long as there's aa traditional center out there, that tandem can never max their potential imo. I see it like Miami. 2 of your 3 best players play on the wing. Love can be efficient enough from the perimeter that any loss of his production is more than made up with increased efficiency from Kyrie and LeBron. That's my kind of thinking. It worked too well for us. PEACE.

You put Andy on the weak-side block so when his man comes up to help on Lebron he can pass it to Andy for the easy dunk. If the weak-side wing defender helps on Andy, Lebron can dish it for a weak-side three.

In that play, the lane is clogged for Lebron, but who cares when you will get to very efficient shots out of it? That being a dunk or a wide open 3.

Pimpwerx

I likey so far. Bazz and Ennis are some nice young talents. McBobs is so lost out there. When he finds his place in the offense, he's gonna be so good for us. Right now he's just freelancing. Good start to the game. PEACE.

I likey so far. Bazz and Ennis are some nice young talents. McBobs is so lost out there. When he finds his place in the offense, he's gonna be so good for us. Right now he's just freelancing. Good start to the game. PEACE.

So far looking better than he has previous Heat games.

Fjordson

Steph fucking Curry (and 24 from Klay). Heat backcourt had no chance tonight.

A lot closer than I would have liked, though. Maybe some credit due for the Heat? Call me crazy, but their team ain't bad right now. Piece or two down the road and they could be nice again.

xHiryu

Rose just cant catch a damn break, well as long as its the minor injuries, i still think he' ll have a great season. Still feel for the guy, hopefully the injury bug lets go of him, cause hes a tremendous talent
when healthy :(

Butler is just going off, his confidence on the offensive end is straight unreal, but hes playing 40+ minutes a game.

Good to see Boogie playing well, I loved him in college.

Rose just cant catch a damn break, well as long as its the minor injuries, i still think he' ll have a great season. Still feel for the guy, hopefully the injury bug lets go of him, cause hes a tremendous talent
when healthy :(

Butler is just going off, his confidence on the offensive end is straight unreal, but hes playing 40+ minutes a game.

Good to see Boogie playing well, I loved him in college.

Bad fundamentals. I don't mean basketball fundamentals, but just like with simple things like running (Dwade running with his heels), jumping, cutting etc. Just wrong technique.

zychi

Banned
Trade Jimmy for Rondo, both sign on long term.

Move Derrick to the 2 when he is healthy.

We need Derrick to win a title, but we can't rely on him all season. Get an actual point guard in the mean time

AcridMeat

Banned
Had to work tonight so I missed the game. Damn it man I missed 40 from Curry? Oh well looks like a solid win.
His hamstring again apparently, pretty dumb of them to put him back straight to b2b night..
Man everyone is going to make a stink about him being hurt this time and it's all the organizations fault for rushing him this time. Hamstrings take a surprisingly long time to heal, so yeah it's incredibly stupid to put him in back to back games.

Unless it was his other hamstring in which case this dude has to be faking it at some point.

Soonri

I really hope the Mavs don't lose to the Knicks tomorrow night....... I don't think I could take it :/
This is actually a matchup I am looking forward too even though Melo is out - if for only the morbid reason that the Mavs might actually not defend the 3 ball again. NY leads the league in 3 point percentage even though they don't take too many - Mavs could easily get sucked into chunking 3 pointers like in Houston if they get down fast.

Mrbob

According to Sun Time Twitter feed Rose basically got benched.

https://twitter.com/suntimes_hoops

He isn't hurt. The "injury" seems to be a front office fabrication. That twitter feed is crushing Rose too. I hope he doesn't read that or the stress might require him to take off the rest of the season to recover.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hahahahaha wow. One of the fastest players out there says the speed of the game was too much, is there an article or interview link to back that up? Because that's incredible.

zychi

Banned
That twitter feed is amazing, so much salt for so long.
Sun times have been a bitter company ran by bafoons for awhile now. I wouldnt use them as a source. They just so happened to be at the right place at the right time when thibs/derrick told the truth about the benching

Top Bottom