• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

What's with this arena? Can the fans be any less supportive? Going from OKC to this is such a shock. I feel like these people are here because they had nothing better to do.

Everyone that gives a shit about sports is at the Dodgers game or getting drunk at a Dodgers bar. No one gives a shit about a basketball team that isn't the Lakers.

Jonm1010

Banned
You watching this game?
I certainly am. Both teams have gotten some pretty questionable calls both for and against their favor. Frankly it seems to have mostly evened out.

I guess that's what happens when you have two fan bases that live on refs giving them favorable calls. Both are gonna throw their hands up in disgust when the game isn't officiated in the favor their used to.

You watching this game?

Yes. Lots of whining and bad calls...AKA an nba game. It might be giving OKC at a disadvantage right now but I assure you, Plenty of times opponents of OKC have felt te same way with how KD and Westbrook live at the line. Only losers let the refs decide games for them. Good teams overcome a few bad calls.

Vorheez

Everyone that gives a shit about sports is at the Dodgers game or getting drunk at a Dodgers bar. No one gives a shit about a basketball team that isn't the Lakers.
Whats with that tone bruh? It was a simple question. I'm a Clippers fan, so your post just went out the window.

Yes. Lots of whining and bad calls...AKA an nba game. It might be giving OKC at a disadvantage right now but I assure you, Plenty of times opponents of OKC have felt te same way with how KD and Westbrook live at the line. Only losers let the refs decide games for them. Good teams overcome a few bad calls.

Ninja, I probably watch as many OKC games as anyone and keep an even perspective here.

OKC is not aided by the refs any more than other teams. They just happen to be amazingly good from the line as a team. They get to the line and convert, but FT attempts are always close.

OKC got handed the advantage in game 7 of that series. Randolph didn't deserve a suspension on that play. It was a bs call.

He punched a dude in the neck. I don't know what you expect me to say here. I wish he had played that game, too.

You never want to beat a team down a man...like how Memphis beat OKC last year without YNB.

-

The Butler did it!

Caron Butler isn't a good 3 point shooter even though hetakes a lot of attempts. What a game he has having though. He is like 28% beyond the arc for his career.

Vorheez

He punched a dude in the neck. I don't know what you expect me to say here. I wish he had played that game, too.

You never want to beat a team down a man...like how Memphis beat OKC last year without YNB.

-

The Butler did it!
Serious question, did they ever touch on why George wasn't suspended in their game 7 when he stepped over the line? That was my only gripe with the whole situation, seemed unfair to ZBo overall.

Lakers fans in here complaining about OKC refs. Think about that one for a minute.

Serious question, did they ever touch on why George wasn't suspended in their game 7 when he stepped over the line? That was my only gripe with the whole situation, seemed unfair to ZBo overall.

Well, one guy punched a another player. The other took one step onto a court. Seems pretty self-explanatory.

-

The Butler did it!

I really didn't think it was an intentional punch to the neck though. You hate to see a game 7 decided by a questionable call in game 6. I'm an OKC fan, so it helped my team. I just feel unless it is some malice in the palace type of crap, postseason suspensions shouldn't happen until the next regular season game.

Jonm1010

Banned
Ninja, I probably watch as many OKC games as anyone and keep an even perspective here.

OKC is not aided by the refs any more than other teams. They just happen to be amazingly good from the line as a team. They get to the line and convert, but FT attempts are always close.
Just to put it into perspective though, since 2009-2010 OKC has averaged the 2nd most FT attempts per game of any team over that period.

Lakers fans in here complaining about OKC refs. Think about that one for a minute.

Well, one guy punched a another player. The other took one step onto a court. Seems pretty self-explanatory.

The only one complaining and crying about the refs here is you. I'm merely pointing out that all teams and stars (that includes my lakers and your thunder) get the benefit of calls, so crying when a few don't go your way is silly.

After basketball it's Puig Puig Puig for the next 3 months!

June-July is all World Cup, all day. I've even got my avatar flagged up and ready to go.

I really didn't think it was an intentional punch to the neck though. You hate to see a game 7 decided by a questionable call in game 6. I'm an OKC fan, so it helped my team. I just feel unless it is some malice in the palace type of crap, postseason suspensions shouldn't happen until the next regular season game.

It was obviously intentional and incredibly dumb by Randolph. I still think he should be on the court.

Top Bottom