• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

1019253-bueno2.jpg

Shun

These pitbull transitions are so fucking painful to watch, just stop it

Blame Miami and their bad music taste for that.

Tired of seeing Flop City and their shit and as much as I respect Durant, I'm tired of the Thunder being pampered 24/7. When you're a star and NBA's posterboy, you get the benefit of the doubt.

The faster we move on to the Conference Finals and the NBA finals the better.

btw, new here why is Westbrick called YNB here?

zychi

Banned
This series is completely changing my opinion on CP3. He comes off as a whiny, dirty(kicking the ball and slapping, not ron artest dirty) player. Every single time a call goes against LAC, he's whining to a ref. Even when he was on the bench.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
This series is completely changing my opinion on CP3. He comes off as a whiny, dirty(kicking the ball and slapping, not ron artest dirty) player. Every single time a call goes against LAC, he's whining to a ref. Even when he was on the bench.
Have you never seen him play before?

He's always been like that. Great player. Flopping baby. The latter completely outweighs the former for me. Can't stand him.

heat will sweep okc if they make it to the finals.

LOL nope.

Shun

There's a reason why they're called Flop City.
He was like that in New Orleans too.
Their team as a whole isn't respectable in that aspect par for a few players.

fertygo

Sound like usual CP, he poisoning Blake since he go to clips though ugh.

Draconian

That's how he always is. It was especially comical in game 1 when the game was well out of reach and he was still whining about foul calls to the refs.

You could go down the entire roster and find a bunch of guys who are just awful to watch.

Jonm1010

Banned
Eh, none of that really bothers me anymore.

It happens in every sport and by countless players. It's a mental aspect of the game.

Cp3 isn't the first to do it. Look at Kobe, look at Jordan. Both are/were masters at manipulating the refs to earn favorable calls.

The alternative is to do nothing and let the other team/player use that card to their advantage.

zychi

Banned
Eh, none of that really bothers me anymore.

It happens in every sport and by countless players. It's a mental aspect of the game.

Cp3 isn't the first to do it. Look at Kobe, look at Jordan. Both are/were masters at manipulating the refs to earn favorable calls.

The alternative is to do nothing and let the other team/player use that card to their advantage.

I've always been anti-Kobe, so it makes sense to me, I guess.

Jonm1010

Banned
I've always been anti-Kobe, so it makes sense to me, I guess.
Name me a team and I can find you a player that bitches at the refs.

These are competitors and competitors are gonna use whatever advantage they can use to win. Whether it's harden driving and flailing to draw a foul. Whether its durant selling his last second 3 point shot to get a four point play, David West yelling "and one" after every inside shot or cp3 constantly hounding the refs.

I don't usually pay attention to the West most of the year. Just whoever my Bulls are playing.

I am sorry that you had to watch your Bulls try to play basketball on the offense end instead of the Western Conference teams teams that have like 2 All Stars each. I am also sorry that your Blackhawks are tied garbage Wilds team consisting of 2x 100 million dollar players. Why is that a series, when it should be a sweep? ANYWAY, your CP3 analysis is accurate, and which is why if the Clippers make it past OKC and face the Spurs who would most lucky win. Tony Parker would destroy any thoughts in people's mind that CP3 is the best PG in the NBA.

Cloudy

Banned

MJ got a ton of calls but he wasn't out there acting. Kobe doesn't flop and he always drives with the intent to score. CP3 is just bush-league

Jonm1010

Banned
Looking forward to hearing the anti-YNB rhetoric after this game. Dude is on a tear this series.
What's changed? The guy has those games where he looks like the greatest player in the league and then he follows them up by destroying his teams chemistry and hurting his team. No one denies his talent, what I question is his approach and basketball intelligence. He lets his ego and desire to be the star far too often get in the way of what's best for the team as a whole.

Looks like OKC winning the matchup from these 3 game, even at game 1 you can see clips winning because their 3s falling.

That's how I see it. I don't want to overlook anyone, but talent wise I think OKC is the better squad. People were saying the Clippers were deeper, but I'm not seeing that at all.

I think the OKC bigs are a great foil to the Clippers. Griffin Force and DeAndre are having to grind for every basket.

Looking forward to hearing the anti-YNB rhetoric after this game. Dude is on a tear this series.

He always has games where he goes off and then he gets full of himself and completely sabotages his team. OKC are rolling when KD/Russell are doing their thing but when those two are off -- ughh!!!

And Reggie Jackson is a shitty PG. Dude just dribbles the shot clock down and plays 1 v 5 basketball.

fertygo

What's changed? The guy has those games where he looks like the greatest player in the league and then he follows them up by destroying his teams chemistry and hurting his team. No one denies his talent, what I question is his approach and basketball intelligence. He lets his ego and desire to be the star far too often get in the way of what's best for the team as a whole.

Its not like he suited to play the game in another way though, its either letting him playing his style or he just not effective.

Jonm1010

Banned
MJ got a ton of calls but he wasn't out there acting. Kobe doesn't flop and he always drives with the intent to score. CP3 is just bush-league
MJ and Kobe both spend half the game complaining at refs. Cp3 is a flopper, I don't deny that one bit. To the point of annoyance at times.

But it's funny to me reading all these posts trying to claim that what cp3 is doing - trying to gain a competitive advantage with the refs - is such a radical departure from what countless other players have done and continue to do. It's mostly just a difference of approach that separates CP3 from kobe and mj. All three of them were and are masters of that game but it seems whoever you are a fan of you find an excuse to hate the other ones doing it and excuse the ones you favor.

heat will sweep okc if they make it to the finals.

This is wishful thinking. In 2012 the Heat big 3 were in their prime and the Thunder main cast were younger and not as good now. KD, Westbrook and Ibaka are much better today than they were 2 seasons ago especially Durant while the Heat essentially stayed the same and got older. Even without Harden 2014 Thunder > 2012 Thunder. If they still had Harden off the bench today there wouldn't even be a point to watch the playoffs at all.

And this is not coming from a Thunder fan as I don't even want them to come out of the West.

MJ and Kobe both spend half the game complaining at refs. Cp3 is a flopper, I don't deny that one bit. To the point of annoyance at times.

But it's funny to me reading all these posts trying to claim that what cp3 is doing - trying to gain a competitive advantage with the refs - is such a radical departure from what countless other players have done and continue to do. It's mostly just a difference of approach that separates CP3 from kobe and mj. All three of them were and are masters of that game but it seems whoever you are a fan of you find an excuse to hate the other ones doing it and excuse the ones you favor.

MJ was known for working the refs. He was always in their ear.

CP3flopspergame isn't good for anyone. It's shameless, hurts the integrity of the game, and needs to be addressed with more firm fines and suspension after multiple offenses.

Fans hate it. The NBA says it wants it out of the game. Time to put their money where their mouth is. Nobody should be immune, not even world class flopper Lebron James.

Jonm1010

Banned
CP3flopspergame isn't good for anyone. It's shameless, hurts the integrity of the game, and needs to be addressed with more firm fines and suspension after multiple offenses.

Fans hate it. The NBA says it wants it out of the game. Time to put their money where their mouth is. Nobody should be immune, not even world class flopper Lebron James.
What about durant selling his four point play against Memphis? Should that be penalized? Should that be addressed? Should he be suspended?

I agree flopping should be clamped down on. It ruins the game. But about the only thing that bothers me more is fans playing the degree game, "yeah my team flops but it's not as bad as ....." "When X does it it's disgraceful!". Or even worse when fans try and claim their team and players are mostly innocent.

Like I pointed out earlier, your team has benefited from calls more then every other team except Denver over the last 5 years.

Be careful what you ask for when you want the refs to be less persuaded by star power, flopping and bitching.

Top Bottom