• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Vorheez

No, you guys are all wrong, you know what this Wizards team needs to work on? Emotion. Motivation. Hard work. Watch their body language, its embarrassing, these guys just want to go home and drink margaritas for the rest of the summer. Bunch of chumps.

Cloudy

Banned
No, you guys are all wrong, you know what this Wizards team needs to work on? Emotion. Motivation. Hard work. Watch their body language, its embarrassing, these guys just want to go home and drink margaritas for the rest of the summer. Bunch of chumps.

Not sure why everytime a team loses, folks say they have no heart.

Wiz lost convincingly THREE times at home to Indy. If that doesn't tell you they are over-matched talent-wise, I dunno what does

trixx

Yeah they look like they don't want it, same could be said for pacers at times honestly. Some of these turnovers by the wizards is something else...

All around sloppy play at times but they have potential

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

hehe. spurs will annihilate both tho, but okc seems tougher for spurs.. #sweat

Why are Heat fans so deadly afraid of other teams?

Vorheez

Not sure why everytime a team loses, folks say they have no heart.

Wiz team lost convincingly THREE times at home to Indy. If that doesn't tell you they are over-matched talent-wise, I dunno what does
Convincing how? West was their best player this series, that should say something. They played a Pacers team who is all over the place, they have no consistency and frankly are playing like "garbage" considering what is expected of them. Then here come the Wiz, which essentially is Atlanta 2.0 (they have two better Teagues) in terms of being able to expose Indiana's flaws. They demonstrated this in game one, and it appeared they would have it in 5 or 6. I remember watching Inside the NBA that same day and Chuck/Jet/Shaq were saying that the Wiz were going to destroy the Pacers. It only made sense. Especially how motivated and confident they "should" have been coming out of that Bulls series.

But then you watch the actual series... Unless the game was being given to them, good luck being a Wizards fan and expecting your team to actually fight for something. Once they were down, they were down, they weren't coming back from it. Chucking 3s, turnovers, ball stuck in Beal/Walls hands trying to play hero ball. It was just terrible basketball all around. Watching their defense collapse over and over because of lack of help defense and lack of movement was also painful. You can tell how much heart a team has by how they respond to being down.

Now to the good stuff, let's go Clips

Cloudy

Banned
In hindsight, you'd like to have seen the Clipps go to Blake to finish the last game. They totally ignored him down the stretch

Ambient80

Pacers will be lucky to go to miami 1-1 if they play like this next series

The Pacers are basically built to beat Miami. They're like the Anti-Miami. I could see the series going to 7 games again, but Indiana has home court this time around, so we'll see if that comes into play. They split this season, and each team won on the other's court if I remember correctly, so we'll see what happens.

Vorheez

Are you familiar with a man named Phil Jackson? It's something he's famous for.
Phil who?

If roles were reversed and it was Brooks, you would be nowhere to be found when the topic was brought up. That's my point. You feel compelled to make ridiculous comments only when its against players/teams you don't like. I'm still waiting for your opinion on that Durant flop gif.

Jonm1010

Banned
Is there a rule that says both teams should have equal FT numbers? Also, any thoughts on the refs taking out 2 starters already with foul trouble?
Again is 36-20 not slightly lopsided? Also see my post on harden and Evans from a few days ago.

I don't give a fuck how it happens at this point as long as the thunder lose.

I'm so sick of them and their annoying fan base that I will literally buy a Lebron jersey if it comes to that.

Cloudy

Banned
Like I said, OKC might have the 2 best players in the series (I'd personally still take CP3 over Russ) but Clipps are the better team. Thunder are lucky to be where they are right now

Pimpwerx

Steve Kerr has gotten too much praise from too many legends of the game to be a complete bust. Warriors have freaking Jerry West doing consulting for the them , some of you dudes think you know more crap than the logo? Heck someone just said nobody wanted him until Phil Jackson did... Think about that, Phil Jackson has more knowledge in his left nut than you do. Not to mention they are gonna get a stud assistant coach and staff around him, Kerr has legit connections.

Look at Mark Jackson, never particularly prepared, not so much a bright mind, and just overall bland besides his relationship with the players and he was able to get 50 wins out of them. On all accounts Kerr seems like a way more knowledgeable individual that can incorporate some type of strategy unlike Jackson.
I am going to laugh when the team never does as well as when Jackson was coach. Kerr wasn't a good GM. He hasn't really shown himself to be a brilliant mind during games either. That number of years and that amount of money for someone with zero experience is nuts. Spo only makes $4M, I think. PEACE.

Cloudy

Banned
I think it's weird how you can hate the Thunder but not hate the Clippers. They're just as bad, or in my opinion, much worse.

I'm a Clippers hater but I'm rooting for them this series since it's 8 on 5. They definitely flop more than OKC but refs don't constantly give them games

Jonm1010

Banned
I think it's weird how you can hate the Thunder but not hate the Clippers. They're just as bad, or in my opinion, much worse.
I used to not despite the bullshit Oklahoma pulled when the Hornets were there. Although I have never liked the way Russell Westbrook played the game.

I had a slight favoritism toward the clippers because I like CP3, being a Pelicans fan and all.

But the way this series has gone and the fan base from Oklahoma has soured me completely.

I used to not. Although I have never liked the way Russell Westbrook plays the game.

I had a slight favoritism toward the clippers because I like CP3, being a Pelicans fan and all.

You like the guy that left your team. That makes a lot more sense.

I'm a Clippers hater but I'm rooting for them this series since it's 8 on 5

Part of that is your delusions though. You unconsciously ignore calls that don't go the Thunders way.

Top Bottom