• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Zeke

I don't post much in here but these two posts are some bitch posts/reasoning. I expected more of you effzee smh. If fans of a team are gonna run their mouth about being the best then you have to nut up and want to play the best. Taking the easy way out is a straight bitch move. I'd rather the team I cheer for chip playing a real contender then taking an easy out but thats just me.
You don't prefer the least difficult matchup for your team? You act like HEAT fans are the only ones when everyone in every sport does the same. It's not false bravado if you think your team will win regardless, but you'd prefer the easier route. It's not like Miami has actually drawn the easy path in any of the last 3 postseason, and this year is no different. We wanted the Raps, but got the Nets. Said it didn't matter. It didn't. Wanted the Wizards, but got the Pacers. It doesn't matter. We already won. PEACE.

Are you always angry and butt hurt about the Heat?

Its called being fan. Like when you want your team to have the best record so they have home court advantage and play the 8th seed. Or when as a fan you want the least obstacles and as many advantages possible. Spurs have been the best team all season. They pose the biggest threat to the Heat if they make it to the finals. Why wouldn't the Heat fans want the easier match up for their team?
SFqiS9l.gif

"To be the man you gotta beat the man!"

I don't post much in here but these two posts are some bitch posts/reasoning. I expected more of you effzee smh. If fans of a team are gonna run their mouth about being the best then you have to nut up and want to play the best. Taking the easy way out is a straight bitch move. I'd rather the team I cheer for chip playing a real contender then taking an easy out but thats just me.

SFqiS9l.gif

Oh shit.

Ibaka retroactively suspended for the remainder of the playoffs due to well-time nut shot.

For shame, he's a huge part of our team engine, a beast on defense and the boards, and a stellar mid-range shooter. In my opinion, this series goes from a straight forward six game win against the Spurs to a seven game loss now. We are fortunate to have some depth in our front court, but nobody even close to Ibaka's caliber. I wanted both him and Parker at full health so we can really judge which team is better, but it looks like we'll be playing down a man. :/

Also LOL at the Heat fans thinking they've got Indiana in a cakewalk. Good luck with that. You already play in a joke of a conference, but you're actually facing a decent team for the first time in the playoffs. I expect at least six games here, and I'm not convinced the HGHeat come out on top.

Guys, I love my Spurs as much as the next guy, but OKC still has the MVP and YNB, and are capable of winning. Still going to be a tough matchup.

I agree with you to some extent... But fuck that, my team kinda regressed, spurs got better, we got a shot of 3peat, don't hate me for wanting the easy way.. Ain't that often the team you're rooting for will have a chance at it. And it's NEVER going to be easy no matter how much I or fans wants it to be. 3 straight finals and possibly four (IF we get past those fuckers in Indy), This team has been through battles... Ain't nothing wrong if we wish the best case scenario for our team.

I still believe with my team. I've always had the mindset of whatever happens happens in sports.

OT Updated with sched.. OT title suggetion? PM me. There MIGHT be a prize, if your title gets picked... MIGHT. hehe.

Jonm1010

Banned
Nah, man. Maybe if dude harassed CP in the street. But punching a dude's nuts for some trash talk in a basketball game? That's weak. Ugly shit gets talked in all sports to psyche your opponents out. CP showed weakness by letting words hurt him. Ironically, other dude got hurt worse in the end. And nothing's taboo when it comes to trash talk. The whole point is to strike a nerve with the most effective trash talk. If you know your opponent is particularly touchy about a certain subject, then that's the best topic to talk trash about.
Did you actually think before you posted? Or do you actually think that sort of trash talk is fine?

I played sports all the way til college and no one I know would ever shit talk like that. Because no one I ever competed with were scum. Unless you are complete scum you know there are lines you don't cross and talking shit about a murdered relative who essentially raised that person is in that category.

Then he should've punched him in the face. Not some bitchmade shit like a low blow.

Nah, he should of kicked him a few more times in the nuts after he nut checked him.

It's the only way to kill the gene pool of a piece of shit that thinks that sort of comment is acceptable in a civilized society.

PBY

Banned

SFqiS9l.gif

What if were just being honest with ourselves- and understand the heart of darkness that is pop. I think the spurs are better than us. That's the bottom line.

Into

OKC was not beating the Heat anyways, Ibaka or not. They just arent going to do much against the Heat in a final.

At least the Spurs have a far better chance, so the finals will be better. Pop compared to Scott Brooks is gigantic difference

Realized not one damn team wanted him and his baggage so he goes back to saying a few catchy quotes and a bunch of really dumb analytical things.

Did you actually think before you posted? Or do you actually think that sort of trash talk is fine?

I played sports all the way til college and no one I know would ever shit talk like that. Because no one I ever competed with were scum. Unless you are complete scum you know there are lines you don't cross and talking shit about a murdered relative who essentially raised that person is in that category.

Nah, he should of kicked him a few more times in the nuts after he nut checked him.

It's the only way to kill the gene pool of a piece of shit that thinks that sort of comment is acceptable in a civilized society.
Yeah. I did. But I can see where your mindset is. You believe physical violence is more acceptable than harsh words. No point in arguing with you, because we'll never agree on this. And then you end with trying to say what's acceptable in civilized society? That's rich.

Exokell

Banned
Hes fucking terrible. "Mama there goes that man" and "hands down man down" are so annoying to hear. Not funny and not even smart with commentating.

Spinluck

I don't care enough to be angry or butt hurt. I just think Heat fans are some of the most hilarious fans around. It's all double talk from you guys. "We already won, we already won" in one sentence to "god I hope we don't have to play the Spurs" in another. I think deep down even you guys know that this run is gonna end any minute and this team is gonna disband and then it's back to watching the Dolphins suffer eternally.

That is of course if you're actually from Miami which most Heat fans are not.

Goddamn, lol.

Jonm1010

Banned
Yeah. I did. But I can see where your mindset is. You believe physical violence is more acceptable than harsh words. No point in arguing with you, because we'll never agree on this. And then you end with trying to say what's acceptable in civilized society? That's rich.

No we won't. Your hatred for CP3 has actually made your first reaction to hearing the context of this story be one of defending the scumbag.

Either that or your character as a human being is one that thinks being a scumbag is fair game just because you are playing a competitive sport.

Either way it's pretty sad to read

As a side point lets drop the straw men? Just because I am ok with cp3 nut checking someone for talking shit about his murdered grandfather that basically played the role of a surrogate father to him doesn't mean I have such a viewpoint. Grow the fuck up.

No we won't. Your hatred for CP3 has actually made your first reaction to hearing the context of this story be one of defending the scumbag.

Either that or your character as a human being is one that thinks being a scumbag is fair game just because you are playing a competitive sport.

Either way it's pretty sad to read

As a side point lets drop the straw men? Just because I am ok with cp3 nut checking someone for talking shit about his murdered grandfather that basically played the role of a surrogate father to him doesn't mean I have such a viewpoint. Grow the fuck up.
You say drop the straw man, but then reiterate your position of being okay with permanently disabling a person over words?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Hes fucking terrible. "Mama there goes that man" and "hands down man down" are so annoying to hear. Not funny and not even smart with commentating.

You don't want to at least witness if he is a commentator for a Warriors game? It could be epic....

Jonm1010

Banned
You say drop the straw man, but then reiterate your position of being okay with permanently disabling a person over words?
It's called exaggeration to make a point.

Of course I don't mean for cp3 to stomp on his nuts until their ineffective. But you already knew that.

But keep trying to turn things around to justify defending scumbags.

It's called exaggeration to make a point.

Of course I don't mean for cp3 to stomp on his nuts until their ineffective. But you already knew that.

But keep trying to turn things around to justify defending scumbags.
Oh, now who's using straw men? Denouncing a nut punch is defending shit talkers? No, I just don't think shit talking deserves getting punched in the nuts. I know you think otherwise, and I'm not trying to change your stance on that, but since you want to incorrectly accuse me of using straw men, I thought I'd point out the hypocrisy in your post.

Oh, now who's using straw men? Denouncing a nut punch is defending shit talkers? No, I just don't think shit talking deserves getting punched in the nuts. I know you think otherwise, and I'm not trying to change your stance on that, but since you want to incorrectly accuse me of using straw men, I thought I'd point out the hypocrisy in your post.

You keep pissing him off like that and he's gonna punch you right in the balls.

Bishman

Spurs in 5.

No Ibaka = Parker dropping 30

Spurs will clog the paint, switch all all the screens, and not allow KD or Westbrook to get to the rim.

PoopRiot

Leonard is still improving, Splitter has been great lately, Parker is amazing, Duncan is immortal, and Diaw makes me laugh. Go Spurs

Why do they have to be the white walkers?!! yeah yeah old

WoodWERD

Thunder gaf will go like this
rejoice.png
once KD slides to PF. It could do wonders vs spurs. I actually give okc a good shot at beating/extending the series.

Meh.

48minutesofhell.com said:
In the 148 minutes the OKC shot-blocking terror has been on the floor against the Spurs this season, San Antonio managed to shoot a putrid 42.3 percent from the floor with a true-shooting mark of 49.3, nearly 8 percent worse than its regular-season average. Near the rim, where Ibaka’s presence is most noticeable, the splits are even more dramatic. The Spurs shot 48 percent at the rim when he was on the floor during the teams’ four games against one another; when he was off, that number ballooned to 61.9 percent.

Even more startling are the 3-point numbers. Ibaka’s ability to singlehandedly protect the paint allows perimeter defenders to stick with shooters, scramble aggressively and close out hard when the Spurs kick the ball out to the arc. San Antonio shot 33 percent from deep when he was on the floor against them this season; when he was off, the NBA’s top 3-point shooting team launched away at better than 54 percent.

His absence is huge, highly doubt KD will have that kind of defensive impact but we'll see. Even more stats at: http://www.48minutesofhell.com/serge-ibaka-injury-spurs-thunder-nba-playoffs

Pimpwerx

I don't care enough to be angry or butt hurt. I just think Heat fans are some of the most hilarious fans around. It's all double talk from you guys. "We already won, we already won" in one sentence to "god I hope we don't have to play the Spurs" in another. I think deep down even you guys know that this run is gonna end any minute and this team is gonna disband and then it's back to watching the Dolphins suffer eternally.

That is of course if you're actually from Miami which most Heat fans are not.
So who is this really? Reilo or Lovingsteam?

There were only ever two posters obsessed with Heat fans. Given the increase in saltiness coinciding with Portland's exit, I'm gonna put my money on Reilo. It's got that same "trying way too hard" vibe. PEACE.

Top Bottom