• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

untitled-3mzscl.gif

Tech and flagrant

David West needs to be put back in the game

who was the technical on? it seems it was called on chalmers but if they changed it from a tech to flagrant then he shouldn't have shot 3 FT's

p.s.

and if he DID get a tech and a flagrant, wouldn't he be ejected from the game?

Two consecutive fouls on James there. Foul called on Battier. James complains.

From a matchup standpoint, Indiana is a way bigger threat to OKC and SA than this Heat team. But I'm not going to pull some Heat fan base shenanigans to and hope for the easier matchup. It's all about the best two teams doing battle at this point.
This I agree with. A motivated Indy is much more troublesome than a declining Heat team.

Jonm1010

Banned
A long worded post to say there are certain words that justify violence. Nope. I don't believe so. Should Donald Sterling have gotten the shit kicked out of him by NBA players? Nope. I believe the real outcome of that event was much more civilized and acceptable. If someone makes comments that step over your arbitrary line and your too thin-skinned to brush it off, then report him or her, or simply leave. Retaliating with violence is not a civilized response, will only escalate the situation, and may even land you in jail.
Quit making false equivelncies, it makes you look silly.

And quit trying to dumb down my argument into a more easily beatable straw man.

So again, answer the question, you are ok with with racist comments, threats to other players, and verbally abusing people about life altering and devastating tragedies?

Just yes or no is all that is needed.

And frankly I just don't understand how you justify intentional fouls with your bleeding heart feelings toward violence.

Into

Bosh has been terrible offensively. Which against Pacers is not really new

Defensively the whole Miami team is wobbly, Pacers should not be bangin them this easily

Pacers might hold on to get this but Miami won't miss this many 3s again

Actually they have been off on 3's lately this playoffs. Check the Nets series. They actually made more than usual in this match than any Nets game. The one thing though is that jumpers wont go in this much all the time so pacers need to focus more inside.

Cloudy

Banned
How is Miami letting Indy get away with West on Ray. Pacers better figure their matchups out for this lineup moving forward

Pacers might hold on to get this but Miami won't miss this many 3s again
Miami likely won't do anything like this game again, other than those steals on lazy passes.

I want the Pacers to win and I'm excited their offense is clicking so well this game, but there are just too many things going perfectly for them. I feel like when one or two of these factors fails, they will start to get frustrated. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.

Assuming they close out this game, I believe game 2 will decide the series. If Pacers can be as strong then, they'll feel in control and continue to fight. If they lose, Heat will get the confidence boost they need and remember that they're the champs.

lil smoke

Banned
Miami likely won't do anything like this game again, other than those steals on lazy passes.

I want the Pacers to win and I'm excited their offense is clicking so well this game, but there are just too many things going perfectly for them. I feel like when one or two of these factors fails, they will start to get frustrated. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.

Assuming they close out this game, I believe game 2 will decide the series. If Pacers can be as strong then, they'll feel in control and continue to fight. If they lose, Heat will get the confidence boost they need and remember that they're the champs.

I don't think you want the Pacers to start suddenly believing in themselves again, like earlier in the year. To me, the Heat continue you show you kinks.

Top Bottom