• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

You're right and seeing his post right after yours just proved it. Won't waste anymore keystrokes on replying to him on this particular topic. If he feels like he somehow "won" something for having the last say, no matter how flawed his arguments were, then good for him.

You-Have-Chosen-Wisely.png

Dude can go back to tilting at windmills and dropping fifth grade logical fallacies. Ball don't lie.

Branduil

the heat should be bummed that the hawks didn't take the pacers out in round 1 because it appears that somehow, some way hibbert is engaged again.... as is the entire team. seems that they got out of their funk and are playing good basketball again. that doesn't mean the pacers will sweep or even win the series but miami no longer has a cake walk into the finals (as they would have against the pacers team that showed up in round 1 or either the hawks/wizards)

ib0sMBEXPnbBuu.png

Why do teams even take a flyer on Bynum? He's made it abundantly clear that he doesn't want to do anything but cash a check. Dude should be flipping burgers at McDonald's
(not that there's anything wrong with that, fast food GAF!).

Cloudy

Banned
Watching the game again, Miami really let Indy of the hook. So many missed 3s (While Pacers made 8-19) and LeBron didn't attack the rim like he usually does. Also in the 2nd half, they started trapping the ballhandler on the PnRs so I expect that from the start next game

Pacers also got a ton of calls refs usually don't call against Miami. Heat in 6 cos the conditions of this game are unsustainable

Cloudy

Banned
It's so rare to see Miami get called for bumping guys on defense that when the game is called fairly, it feels like the refs are favoring the other team lol

fertygo

Funny people not mentioning how Indy looked so easily moving the ball so easily vertically to the deep post last night, yeah they're hot.. but Heat still must do something to that, they can't have Indy bigs so easily got the ball with just 2-4 pass, and very deep in the post, shit Hibbert and West still able to pass one more time at some moment, their interior got wrecked so bad.

Fjordson

Funny people not mentioning how Indy looked so easily moving the ball so easily vertically to the deep post last night, yeah they're hot.. but Heat still must do something to that, they can't have Indy bigs so easily got the ball with just 2-4 pass, and very deep in the post, shit Hibbert and West still able to pass one more time at some moment, their interior got wrecked so bad.
Yep. Miami's pick & roll defense was not very good. Definitely need to adjust.

Leibniz

I think Pacers played the best game of their life. They were nearly perfect in their offense. Hibbert had an atypical game, and the whole team was hitting 3's incredibly.

Honestly I don't think this will happen again in Game 2. And Miami will for sure correct the lack of intensity they had. Bosh played awfully. He bricked every 3 (why on earth is he taking that shot? I'd rather have him taking long 2's than a open 3).

Game 2 for Miami IMO.

Ainge would be dumb enough to trade a top 3 pick for Love, smh

if the Celtics fall to #5 or worse pick then I'd say trade but trading a top 3 pick is a no no unless they gave Sved god too

Love would leave too.

Wade wasted those 29 points, think he will get 10-15 next game

Tom Penny

if the Celtics fall to #5 or worse pick then I'd say trade but trading a top 3 pick is a no no unless they gave Sved god too

Love would leave too.

I would trade a top 3 pick in this draft for Love if he agrees to an extension with zero hesitation. You think Parker, Embid or Wiggins will be as good as him? I take the proven commodity all day every day. Embid is the only player that would make me think twice based on hypothetical upside as a big.

Big changes are afoot!

NBA to Overhaul Replay System.

Looks like they're going to move the review process to the NY office, where they'll havet he benefit of seeing multiple feeds on large screen televisions. No fan influence, no noisy stadium distracting the refs, no "make up" calls.

Additionally, this hints that they will also be allowed to review clear foul calls. Yes, please.

MVP

Banned
Back on topic, Heat fans can pretend otherwise, but they received a grade A butt whooping today. The score doesn't even reflect how bad they looked. Of course, the probably "weren't trying," right?

No you're right, Game 1 means everything, we're in panic mode now...oh wait

wmmeuBQl.jpg

Jag

Or how Haberstroh put it on Twitter:

In Big Three era, the Heat have lost Game 1 four times and won all four series. Their record after losing Game 1? 16-3.

I still think it's Heat in 6 or 7. Pacers had an amazing game. Heat didn't show up. I don't see that happening again. Hell of a time for the Pacers to hit their stride. At least if the Heat win, they can't be blamed for riding a weak ECF to the Finals.

The Spurs-Heat rematch will be a tossup though. If any team can beat the Heat in a 7 game series, it's the Spurs.

You've been in panic mode since you foolishly said this Heat team would have the best regular season ever. Since then, it's been nothing but excuses. The Heat could have been the best ever...but they just didn't care. They were bored. Unconcerned.

It's going to be a long offseason pondering what went wrong when the Pacers bounce these fools out of the playoffs. LeBron is going to take his talents elsewhere, and you're looking at a nuclear winter in Florida.

Enjoy the Dolphins!

Tom Penny

You've been in panic mode since you foolishly said this Heat team would have the best regular season ever. Since then, it's been nothing but excuses. The Heat could have been the best ever...but they just didn't care. They were bored. Unconcerned.

It's going to be a long offseason pondering what went wrong when the Pacers bounce these fools out of the playoffs. LeBron is going to take his talents elsewhere, and you're looking at a nuclear winter in Florida.

Enjoy the Dolphins!

Hater. No matter what happens MJ and Dan Marino's jersey's will always be hanging from the Heat rafters.

Cloudy

Banned

Indy ran more PnR than I've ever seen them run and Miami didn't start trapping the ballhandler till the 2nd half. Game 2 will be very different IMO

Fjordson

ESPN saying Love would be interested in Golden State and Chicago. Fuck I hope Myers makes it happen.

I'm a little worried if we had to trade for him, though. Hard to imagine we could get him and keep Iggy, Klay, Bogut and Draymond.

Love would leave too.

Lol, no one in this draft is guaranteed to be better than a 25 year old Kevin Love any time soon if ever. Embiid is the only one and that's because of his defensive potential. Ainge is very smart.

MVP

Banned

Enjoy the Dolphins!

lol Miami could get swept by the Pacers and Lebron isn't going anywhere, that's a fact. There is 0% chance, it simply won't happen. You can forget about that dream. One does not choose to leave Miami.

lol Miami could get swept by the Pacers and Lebron isn't going anywhere, that's a fact. There is 0% chance, it simply won't happen. You can forget about that dream. One does not choose to leave Miami.

Why the hell do you keep making predictions when you're so god damn wrong all the time.

MVP

Banned
Why the hell do you keep making predictions when you're so god damn wrong all the time.

This one isn't a prediction, though. I know this for a fact. What I don't know for a fact is whether he will opt out, but he almost definitely will, not to shop around but to restructure his contract.

Cloudy

Banned
I still think it's Heat in 6 or 7. Pacers had an amazing game. Heat didn't show up. I don't see that happening again.

Bron, Wade and Chalmers need to attack the hoop relentlessly. Pacers struggled with ATL and WAS because those teams had PGs causing havoc off the dribble and guys making 3s. Heat had neither last night

if Wade and Bosh take pay cuts then LeBron will stay forever, then add in free agents, get z bo and the corpse of pau

boom

wmmeuBQl.jpg

Keep trying to make yourself feel better with that pic lmao! You realize Heat usually had home court advantage in most of those right? You realize heat been through 3 finals already right? These guys are human,they get tired,etc. It's not a grantee heat win.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Big changes are afoot!

NBA to Overhaul Replay System.

Looks like they're going to move the review process to the NY office, where they'll havet he benefit of seeing multiple feeds on large screen televisions. No fan influence, no noisy stadium distracting the refs, no "make up" calls.

Additionally, this hints that they will also be allowed to review clear foul calls. Yes, please.

Good, the bad officiating is one of the major flaws to the game

Shun

ESPN saying Love would be interested in Golden State and Chicago. Fuck I hope Myers makes it happen.

I'm a little worried if we had to trade for him, though. Hard to imagine we could get him and keep Iggy, Klay, Bogut and Draymond.

Please no, we'd have a great starting line up but our bench would suffer tremendously. I like Love, but it's not worth dismantling our backups for.

I'm pretty content with our line up right now but Barnes needs to show up and the team needs to get their head in the game. We also need to get rid of Steve Blake.

Pimpwerx

Keep trying to make yourself feel better with that pic lmao! You realize Heat usually had home court advantage in most of those right? You realize heat been through 3 finals already right? These guys are human,they get tired,etc. It's not a grantee heat win.
This Heat team hasn't won a road game1 before. It isn't a big deal. You have to split the road openers. It doesn't matter which order. Indy had an outlier night. If they can do that all series, more power to them. I'm not betting on it. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Back on topic, Heat fans can pretend otherwise, but they received a grade A butt whooping today. The score doesn't even reflect how bad they looked. Of course, the probably "weren't trying," right?
They weren't on defense. And offense wasn't the problem last night. So I'd say yeah, they lost because they weren't trying. Our defense is almost entirely effort-based. PEACE.

They weren't on defense. And offense wasn't the problem last night. So I'd say yeah, they lost because they weren't trying. Our defense is almost entirely effort-based. PEACE.

They were trying but pacers moved the ball pretty good. One thing i noticed is that the heat is not as good as the past.The defense is in spurts now instead of consistent. I saw it in the nets series.

Jonm1010

Banned
You-Have-Chosen-Wisely.png

Dude can go back to tilting at windmills and dropping fifth grade logical fallacies. Ball don't lie.
Still waiting....

Tell me where I said teams should have equal free throws?

What the fuck does that even mean?? If you're gonna talk shit, back it up or shut it the fuck up!

Then maybe you can tell everyone again about how Rondo is a poor distributor and a ballhog and has worse shooting tendencies then Westbrook....and then crawl away when the board proves you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Top Bottom