• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Heysoos

okcspursjhs92.gif

Amazing

Why else would it be? They lost against the Heat in last season's Finals, and they split the season series...did they get some new relevant players I don't know about?

Danny Green and Leonard are better. Diaw is better, Splitter is better, Mills is a suitable backup to Tony Parker that actually plays well. Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli all look about as healthy as you could expect. They have the best coach in basketball right now. The only true advantage the Heat have is Lebron.

Oh I forgot they have homecourt and are driven by revenge and will likely have a much easier time in the conference finals than the Heat who will get worn down by the Pacers.

Jonm1010

Banned
Danny Green and Leonard are better. Diaw is better, Splitter is better, Mills is a suitable backup to Tony Parker that actually plays well. Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli all look about as healthy as you could expect. They have the best coach in basketball right now. The only true advantage the Heat have is Lebron.

Oh I forgot they have homecourt and are driven by revenge and will likely have a much easier time in the conference finals than the Heat who will get worn down by the Pacers.

Edit: I agree 100%

Spurs have the upper hand at this point. The only reason people are siding with the Heat are lebron and history.

lil smoke

Banned
How do they let an entire night go without playoff BB, as long as this shitty NBA playoffs last? It needs to be everyday idiots.

This is basically a friday night in many areas of the states.

R= Fail again.

How do they let an entire night go without playoff BB, as long as this shitty NBA playoffs last? It needs to be everyday idiots.

This is basically a friday night in many areas of the states.

R= Fail again.

And they're doing one game on Saturday, one on Sunday. Such bullshit. They should do a game from each series on both days.

So annoying how long they stretch the playoffs out.

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 15m
Donald Sterling has agreed to allow his wife Shelly to negotiate a forced sale of the Clippers, source tells ESPN.

^

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 5m
...not to mention, if Sterling sells right now, he'd be selling high (with multiple big $$$$$ suitors). Savviest financial move = sell now.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 7m
NBA's hope was that Sterling would add up the insane legal costs + lost sponsor revenue + costs of being a social pariah, then back down...

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 8m
Also - the NBA spent the past few days painstakingly explaining to Sterling just how much money he'd lose by suing to keep the Clips.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 10m
I wrote 4 weeks ago (http://grantland.com/features/sterlings-fold/ …) that Clips wouldn't go for less than $1.5 billion. Hearing that number is edging closer to $2b.

Bread

Banned
Damn I was hoping for a lot of drama

And then the clip players would leave the team, giving the Cs a lottery pick next year.

Zeke

Ibaka now listed as day to day may play game 3 sunday
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m
Serge Ibaka has rapidly progressed and Thunder have changed status to day-to-day for Western Conference Finals, league source tells Yahoo.

Serge Ibaka has rapidly progressed and Thunder have changed status to day-to-day for Western Conference Finals, league source tells Yahoo.

All those people laughing at the Spurs for doubting the reports about Ibaka being out for the season.

Zeke

Brooks better pray and light candles that he doesn't injure himself even worse. If he gets hurt again everyone will have a field day with. Let's be real if he does come back how much of an impact will a gimped ibaka really have? He's not gonna play 30mins and if the spurs win this won't change the but...but ibaka was out that's why okc lost. Instead it will changed to if he had played the first two games and been 100% etc. Dumb move by okc to play him imo.

Siegcram

Clippers are not worth more than 500 Million. And that's for the names on the back of the jersey not the front. The front is not worth anything.
The freakin Kings sold for 535 million. And they are one of the worst teams in the league in a decrepit arena.
You don't know what you're talking about.

TomShoe

Banned

Screaming_internally.gif

Why is it so wrong to root for the Spurs? Why does all this happen to me? Next thing you know, he's going to pull some Willis Reed-type bullshit and fuck us over again.

effzee

I think what will suck the most is that while he will help them significantly, people overreacting to his presence will recognize just how in sync the Spurs are right now.

With or without Ibaka, it makes no difference. I say series over in 5 no matter what.

andthebeatgoeson

Sunhi's gif is making the rounds on the interwebs apparently, including twitter and now Deadspin, although they "can't figure out who made it."

http://deadspin.com/this-gif-is-all-the-spurs-thunder-analysis-you-need-1580128887

Based legend.

http://m.bleacherrepo*******/articles/2073499-for-the-win-the-coolest-stuff-of-the-week/page/10
There can only be one highlander, and this week's winner is hands-down the Gregg Popovich vs. Kevin Durant Rocky GIF.

We see a lot of GIFs around here, most of them hastily made and short. This is a Mona Lisa among finger paintings.

Gj

Wait, br is banned?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I think what will suck the most is that while he will help them significantly, people overreacting to his presence will recognize just how in sync the Spurs are right now.

With or without Ibaka, it makes no difference. I say series over in 5 no matter what.

At this point if Ibaka prevents a sweep and gets it to a game 5 I will give credence to the importance of what he is doing. Right now Though I still say this is a one sided slaughter.

I'm feeling 2 blowouts tonight.

San Antonio vs. Miami is going to be an interesting series atleast!

Not many of those since the opening round ... amazingly.

OKC is in shambles. Durant and Wes going at each other all the time now. Durant clapping at Wes who then just charges into 3 people driving to the hole and throwing something up like he is in 7th grade again. Then goes back and tells Durant to get his head in the game. lol. It is sad to watch OKC man.

They MIGHT, win a game this series ... maybe. But thats about it.

The Miami / Indiana series lol. I mean if Indiana plays to their potential it could go 7 with indiana having a strong chance. Never seen a team turn it on and off so often though.

effzee

I really hope they lose tonight. Any word on the refs for tonight?

Does it matter? Will you really ever believe the game is called fair by humans who make mistakes?

Also Stern!

Prediction for tonight: Pacers win. By 11 99-88. I still think Miami wins the series but they make it tougher than it need be. Always.

Does it matter? Will you really ever believe the game is called fair by humans who make mistakes?

Also Stern!

Prediction for tonight: Pacers win. By 11 99-88. I still think Miami wins the series but they make it tougher than it need be. Always.

Joey Crawford is not human. Glad he's not reffing this one.

Jigolo

Prediction: Miami wins: 95-83

I think lebron will try and score his points early + home court advantage. Pacers have a good chance if Hibbert has a good game. Doubt Lance will have a monster game like G2.

Koko

Banned
Prediction: Miami wins: 95-83

I think lebron will try and score his points early + home court advantage. Pacers have a good chance if Hibbert has a good game. Doubt Lance will have a monster game like G2.

Good calls. ^

I think West needs to anchor the team in Miami.

What about P. George? I think he is the one that needs to take a step upfront if Indy wants to win this series.

Top Bottom