• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Playoffs |OT| Men lie, Women lie, Bagels don't.

Cloudy

Banned
854834656.gif

Cloudy

Banned
ESPN basically acting like the league got away with murder for calling fouls on Lebron and letting the Pacers get away with Lance being a dick.

Seriously. Only 1 of the fouls were even arguable. The one on Hibbert. You could say Lance fouled him on the turnover but it wasn't called and Bron fouled there

It is strange to see Bron being called for fouls though

effzee

The press conference was hilarious.

"Wade are you thinking about blowing into their ears as a tactic? "

I knew Miami would lose somehow when their 11 point lead was erased. Relied too much on the 3. Have to get to the ft line.

DJ88

nah i expect a close game.pacers arent going down without a fight.

They almost did tonight. That first half was truly embarrassing for a home team on the brink of elimination, against a team missing their best player no less.

They needed that 5th foul and a near assurance that James would be out the rest of the game in the back of their heads for them to finally step it up.

Pathetic.

fucking pacers. even when they win. they almost lose with back to back horrible playing making.

that sequence in the final minute when rashard hits a 3. hibbert was taking his sweet ass time helping stevenson up from the floor when they had possession. then the george hill lazy lay up that was blocked. then the shitty inbound pass and all the missed free throws.

it's unbelievable how unclutch and dumb this team is.

i was paying particularly close attention to hibbert this game. and the man is a walking brick wall of stupid. really really stupid.

they have no chance on friday.

Ambient80

"Pacers got some much needed swagger heading back to Miami..."

Really, ESPN? Did they get some swag in that win? Cause I'm pretty sure if I was on that team I'd feel like shit heading into Friday. It took a miraculous performance from one guy on our team to win against a team without their best player and without one of their better bench guys.

No, I'd say the swag is gone. Heading into Miami where Indy was dominated for two games in a row, on the brink of elimination, against a pissed off Lebron and Co. I'm not saying it's impossible for Indy to win and send it back to home court on Sunday, but I have to imagine this is going to be a Miami victory, easily.

LOL, the Pacers have to win 2 more times against a Miami Heat team that almost ALWAYS rebounds from these kinds of losses.

Impossible? Nah.

Probable. Hell hah.

Siegcram

Just saw the game and boy, that was certainly something that 4th quarter.
No way in hell are these Pacers winning anything in Miami.

And I'm really not one to shame the refs, but some of those calls on Lebron are really baffling. Don't think I've seen a superstar get called for such things, like ever.

Oh and preemptive condolences to the team Lance ends up on. He's at "Metta World Peace" on the insanity scale.

strobogo

Banned
Stop whining. Heat get away with a lot and you guys seem fine with it.

I'd rather lose due to poor officiating than win because of poor officiating. It's hard to be proud of a win where you barely win, even with the refs 100% on your side, the best player for the other team a non-factor, and a guy scoring over 20 in the 4th quarter.

Heat getting away with shit all the time doesn't mean it is a good win when they don't get away with stuff. Pacers wouldn't have won without the refs. Heat will usually win a game without the refs calling everything for them. I'm amazed the Pacers made it out of the first round.

Jag

Heat getting away with shit all the time doesn't mean it is a good win when they don't get away with stuff. Pacers wouldn't have won without the refs. Heat will usually win a game without the refs calling everything for them. I'm amazed the Pacers made it out of the first round.

Pretty much this.

I'd rather lose due to poor officiating than win because of poor officiating. It's hard to be proud of a win where you barely win, even with the refs 100% on your side, the best player for the other team a non-factor, and a guy scoring over 20 in the 4th quarter.

They still had wade and the role players played more than good including Rashard with an unusual 3 point barrage. Pacers still won in the end when it was close and refs were not involved. Paul George stepped up and delivered.

They still had wade and the role players played more than good including Rashard with an unusual 3 point barrage. Pacers still won in the end when it was close and refs were not involved. Paul George stepped up and delivered.

It's easy to step up when the guy guarding you has 5 fouls.

Pacers barely scraped by, at home, when Miami was essentially without Lebron and Paul George had the game of his life. The odds of them having all that good fortune again tomorrow are exactly none.

Trey

Not hard for me. If things break my way, I'm not going to feel guilty. If I played my best I played my best. I expect the same from my teammates.

strobogo

Banned
Not hard for me. If things break my way, I'm not going to feel guilty. If I played my best I played my best. I expect the same from my teammates.

The rest of the team didn't play well. PG played well. The rest of the team was choking and nearly lost the game with seconds to go that should have been wrapped up 5 minutes earlier. They should have won the game by double digits, not battle for the lead with 2 minutes left and miss clutch free throws and squeak out the victory.

Just saw the game and boy, that was certainly something that 4th quarter.
No way in hell are these Pacers winning anything in Miami.

And I'm really not one to shame the refs, but some of those calls on Lebron are really baffling. Don't think I've seen a superstar get called for such things, like ever.

Oh and preemptive condolences to the team Lance ends up on. He's at "Metta World Peace" on the insanity scale.

You are right. I think the refs have to balance things out since he gets more non foul calls than anyone in the history of the game. Ive never seen someone so coddled by the NBA since MJ.

At least don't make it blatant.

Siegcram

You are right. I think the refs have to balance things out since he gets more non foul calls than anyone in the history of the game. Ive never seen someone so coddled by the NBA since MJ.

I don't understand this post. Are you saying he doesn't get called for enough fouls so it's right he gets at least 2 completly BS ones in gm5 of the ECF?
And if you really want to see coddled you don't have to look further than the reigning MVP or his ex-teammate.

Wade got away with a flop in game 3.
That's the thing: the Heat players are really good at doing it and have learned, probably subconsciously, to mix it in with their regular game. They have the perfect mix of looking like they "go hard" while always being delicate flowers who get blown away by the gentlest of breezes. They're really, really good at it.

They're also really, really good at basketball so it's not fair to call them cheaters.

The Pacers on the other hand, partly because of their youth, and partly because they don't seem to have a cohesive identity or direction as players and as a team, are REALLY bad at flopping. They think you literally have to flop yourself. They don't understand the nuances that a Wade, LeBron, Battier, etc. have developed over the Yeats.

strobogo

Banned

There were dudes on ESPN right after the game straight up saying superstars deserve preferential treatment and shouldn't get called on stuff as often.

I don't understand this post. Are you saying he doesn't get called for enough fouls so it's right he gets at least 2 completly BS ones in gm5 of the ECF?
And if you really want to see coddled you don't have to look further than the reigning MVP or his ex-teammate.

Im saying Lebron goes to the line 17 times a night for PHANTOM calls. And Durant gets beat up and never gets calls.

Lebron should be kicked from the league for his flopping. Its so frustrating that on David Sterns commissioner death bed he orders Silverman to give Lebron 3 more chips, so that his debt can be paid.

Dizzan

MINI Member
This Miami sham of a run reminds me of the Jordan years. And trust me when I tell you those were 6 hand delivered rings.

Give me a break

I was a huge Suns supporter during the KJ/Barkley era and even I knew the Bulls deserved to win. It sucked but please.

People should appreciate the fact that the Bulls and MJ breathed life into a struggling league. And as much as Lebron can be a douche, without him the banter would be much less enjoyable.

Top Bottom