• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Animal

Banned
Gentleman, we've been breached.

6WWzT67.jpg

I like to think I'm second or third row behind.

One day I'll be in the starting lineup.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Post-elimination injury update:

Chara had an OPEN COMPOUND fracture of his finger that requires surgery to prevent infection.

Aka bone broke TROUGH the skin of the finger and into multiple pieces. And he put that in a hockey glove. That shit's tough... And infections are dangerous.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
People wonder why I get so salty towards the Bruins, it's because of shit like this, their team is full of scumbags and thugs. Their cup window can't close soon enough.

Chara had an OPEN COMPOUND fracture of his finger that requires surgery to prevent infection.

Aka bone broke TROUGH the skin of the finger and into multiple pieces. And he put that in a hockey glove. That shit's tough... And infections are dangerous.
Where did you hear this? Cam Neely himself said Chara and Krecji had no injures.

Red_Man

Man fuck that. Sperhuman stuff to go on the ice with that. Just the thought of the pain with a fucking bone through the skin .

cube444

Weird, doesn't make much sense for Neely to deflect it.

Chara's been in front on the PP for a while now AFAIK, I don't think it had anything to do with this.

I only watched Game 7 but I honestly can't remember even one slap shot from him at all during the game. Either way, dude is a warrior that any team would take in a second.

zroid

Banned

god damn.

MacAttack

Can you imagine taking a slap shot with an injury like that. Ow.
There were a couple times in game 7 where he was holding the stick with one hand and you could tell he was hesitating to use the other. At one point he got slashed and was shaking his hand and it was pretty apparent there was something wrong.

It also seemed like they took him off the power play at times where he was so effective during the regular season.

Animal

Banned

When I was playing Peewee hockey, I got cut by a skate on a finger (1 inch gash). My coach gave me a ziplock bag that he was using to hold his gold fish crackers. I stuck it around my finger and played with it in my glove for the rest of the game.

True story.

TrueGrime

No, I can't, because I can't even hit my toe against a chair leg without weeping.

There were a couple times in game 7 where he was holding the stick with one hand and you could tell he was hesitating to use the other. At one point he got slashed and was shaking his hand and it was pretty apparent there was something wrong.

It also seemed like they took him off the power play at times where he was so effective during the regular season.

Yeah. Sounds like some serious shit. Crazy though. Something like that takes time to heal. Had the Bruins advanced what the hell was he going to do? Hockey players are tough but sometimes they're too damn stubborn tough.

Red_Man

When I was playing Peewee hockey, I got cut by a skate on a finger (1 inch gash). My coach gave me a ziplock bag that he was using to hold his gold fish crackers. I stuck it around my finger and played with it in my glove for the rest of the game.

True story.
That's because you're an animal.

Fuck that. I broke my arm when I was 6, I still remember the pain and the feeling of the bone dislodged in my arm. To have that in the hand and with the bone through the fucking skin, in a glove. Fuck that.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I wonder if he somehow hid it from the coaching staff. That seems like it crosses some kind of line if they allowed him to go out like that.

Red_Man

I wonder if he somehow hid it from the coaching staff. That seems like it crosses some kind of line if they allowed him to go out like that.
Doubt it, it seemed obvious he was dealing with some kind of hand issue, but the coaching staff isn't taking him out if he says he could play. You can't replace a Chara. Who else on that blue line was going to play 30 mins against our top lines?

Mentok

Banned

True story.

Coach of the year.

Yeah. Risking permanent damage for that one game. I guess for him it was 'The' one game.

But it wasn't 1 game, it happened in game 4 apparently. That's 3 games, 6-7 days total. Imagine having that for a week.

Razorskin

----- ------

True story.

That coach's name? Claude Julien

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So did he just like fucking wrap some skin around the bone, tape it shut, and play three more games?

I'm assuming they pushed the pieces of bone back in through the skin, stitched it together and said "get back out there and try not to use your hand too much".

Cake Boss

Banned
Wow the east is full of simp teams, cant even knock out les Habs, if only the Spartans were a regular season team like the Habs so we could have had the Habs again in the playoffs.

For shame East, your top 2 teams are the Rags and Habs, what an embarrassment.

GO SHORKS!!

Quick

Banned
Wow the east is full of simp teams, cant even knock out les Habs, if only the Spartans were a regular season team like the Habs so we could have had the Habs again in the playoffs.

For shame East, your top 2 teams are the Rags and Habs, what an embarrassment.

GO SHORKS!!

Shanahahaha pls respond

Top Bottom