• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Calamari41

41 > 38
Is there any way to make browsing pages with multiple gifs not suck on an iPad (mini)?

This thread makes me grab my (android) phone so I can see wtf is going on. Slide-show and/or crash otherwise.

Can you turn off "show images" in the settings? I think I am able to do that on my android, not sure about apple.

Yea, on the GAF mobile site you can turn off pictures and gifs in the settings menu.
And switch to the superior dark theme.

Listen to this person about Neogaf settings, Dark theme and I have turn off viewing GIFs. I tap on them when I want to view.

Also I need to email Timmy C about boosting the RAM on these things. 1GB is not enough. Safari does a lot of reloading.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Montreal writer is saying he heard that Vanek has a broken hand and a shoulder injury, which would be the least surprising news I've heard in weeks.

tumblr_n54w03GbnP1qdbe91o1_400.gif

I have to admit I laughed pretty hard at the water in Carter's glove prank.

W2FETbK.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm stuck on a flight all evening that is equipped with wifi, does anyone know of any way that I can stream at least the audio for the game tonight? I have an iPad, iPhone, and an android phone if that helps at all. I'm getting desperate haha

Sanjuro

I'm stuck on a flight all evening that is equipped with wifi, does anyone know of any way that I can stream at least the audio for the game tonight? I have an iPad, iPhone, and an android phone if that helps at all. I'm getting desperate haha

I have Verizon, so I get the NHL app. I'm not sure if it's locked or restricted on other networks.

Cat Party

I feel somewhat validated by seeing other elite teams fail to put the Kings away. I can imagine the Sharks players watching the game last night and standing up to say "See?! It's not just us!"

Saw Days of Future Past last night and I was a bit disappointed. Better than Spiderman but not as good as Winter Soldier. Quicksilver was excellent, and Blink's Portal gun was fun.

I could be wrong, but I think there's a Userscript that adds an orange theme.

That'd be kind of cool.

My favorite Ducks colors were probably the eggplant and jade. When they went with black and orange/gold it made sense but I'm nostalgic for the originals.

Eggplant with jade GAF theme would probably wreck eyes.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Brown has perfected the knee maneuver. Just as big, if not a bigger villain than Cooke seeing as to how he seemingly gets away with his dirty play.

It's like he has practiced it to make it look like an accident at first glance, so that he could say "but I tried to get out of the way!" Those planted legs. That tilted torso.

Damn reading the post from last night. You OC dudes are salty. Can't we all get along because we all live in the Greater Los Angeles Area?

"you have to be a fool to actually live in LA"

If I was a Kings fan that would make me raise an eyebrow

Just FYI he lives closer to Anaheim than LA. Seems weird.

There's Dodger fans around here too but I pretend it's some national league preference

Calamari41

41 > 38
The fact that you don't understand I was joshing you guys because I know a lot of OC people dislike the greater LA area tag amazes me.

I honestly didn't understand it because you always reply to our jests with a totally serious sounding "actually as a matter of fact I will have you know that..." response.

As long as we're all joshing and ribbing each other, then good. I still think the Kings themselves are scumbags, though.

Edit:

Yeah, Clyde was actually the one talking smack on LA as a physical location more than anybody. All I usually do is accuse people of living in certain districts.

And it's not that he lives closer to Anaheim than LA, it's that he has to drive past Honda Center to get to Staples, actually. That's pretty funny.

There's Dodger fans around here too but I pretend it's some national league preference

I don't even get into Baseball. I'm born and raised in Cali but my dad's family moved here from NY and because baseball is the only sport he gives a shit about guess what team I was rasied up liking? I know tons of people like this. Shit, one of my friends is from Yorba Linda and loves the fucking Braves.

I actually like the LA area.

Let's go get ramen

I'm visiting my son and parents for two weeks but I am done for ramen once I get back down south.

and guys let's join forces whenever either of our teams are called upon to defeat that scumming NorCal team. Here can be our symbol.

See you guys don't live around a bunch of Shark fans they're almost unbearable. Not as bad as Raiderbros or GiantDouches but they are up there. Niners are the only bay area team with a respectable fanbase.

I'm just kidding ovbs.

You have a perfectly good reason to root for New York teams. I just don't get dodger fans who were born and raised here in Orange County. Nomo-Mania/Fernando-Mania was a pretty big influence I suppose. Even I liked Hideo Nomo.

I'm just critical of local fans who seem to pick teams with no reason. I know local folks who are Giants fans just because they won some championships or had clam chowder in a bread bowl before. Terrible fans.

LA is a fantastic city if you're super into music and food. I just happen to be. I can't find another city that let's me get two solid shows a week like clockwork (Low End weekly and miscellaneous tours otherwise). Then the other weekly showcases from time to time.

Otherwise, it has pros and cons. Probably a few more of the latter, but you can't get everything. And living in Playa Vista is nice.

If SD had LA's music scene it'd be paradise tho.

Top Bottom