• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Mentok

Banned
Vanek and Markov see ya later. ....

Markov?? No, they'll resign him as he's hard to replace. Sure he played bad tonight and for stretches this series, but still he's a solid D-man. Vanek on the other hand is probably gone. I wonder if they'll re-sign Gionta and for how much. In fact, here are the Habs UFAs:

Vanek - gone
Gionta - maybe re-signed?
Parros - gone
Markov - re-signed
Buillon - really don't know
Murray - most probably gone
Weaver - should get re-signed

Weise, Eller and Subban are all RFAs that will get re-signed.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Don't think I've said this but I'm impressed as hell by the Rangers.

That speed! The guys looked like the bought into Vigneault's system and played it to perfection, Hank didn't even need to be amazing in this series outside of maybe one game.

Oh yeah I can't hate Dominic Moore either, glad he got the winner.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Reminded me of the Canada/US game in terms of sheer dominance.

Honestly didn't notice one Habs player out there. Briere maybe? I only noticed Subban because the crowd booed him every time he touched the puck.
Were you watching? NY is the only team that didn't regularly boo Subban.

Glad Moore scored the lone goal. Dude is an OG.
I'm okay with him having the only goal, dude deserves all the best and more.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So Canada hockey gaf... when's the next time the cup comes back up here :(
Really thought Habs would go all the way.

Canucks aren't gonna get close for another decade or so.
Habs might get another chance next year? Who knows.
Jets are getting better but need more time for sure
Sens....... naw. Just don't have the roster.
Leafs lol
Oilers lol
Flames lol

Samyy

So Canada hockey gaf... when's the next time the cup comes back up here :(
Really thought Habs would go all the way.

I don't really care about bringing the cup back it Canada, besides it being the Leafs winning it. I could care less about the other Canadian teams.

But the Habs are the only team that has a chance, young and elite, with amazing goaltending. When Galchenyuk blossoms into that studiedly #1 C we all know he will be they will be dangerous.

ShaneB

NO.

LA/NY Series. The only two American cities that matter finally meet in a major sporting event. How do you guys not want this?

I'm so conflicted. I want the Blackhawks to advance and at least I'd watch that series, but I'd love the potential coverage a LA/NY finals would get.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Were you watching? NY is the only team that didn't regularly boo Subban.

I'm okay with him having the only goal, dude deserves all the best and more.

That was so refreshing. I would start cringing at first when Subban would have the puck, just out of instinct. But the boos never came.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Exiting to alternating OLE, LGR, and WE WANT THE CUP chants.

GG Habs-GAF. Dustin Tokarski was named third star of the game behind Hank and Dom Moore. You've got a good one there behind Price. Who knows what this series could have been if Price didn't go down, but you guys certainly weren't lacking in goal.

RangersFan

Bo1-5QcIEAEnPjZ.jpg:large

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
The boos were very audible on the NBC feed.

I don't know why I'm bothering to argue this since it's so trivial, but they were very clearly booing Subban.

I'm talking about the series in general. There a few in this game on the CBC feed, but when you're accustomed to the torrential boos that generally come, the New York stuff barely even registered.

Alucard

Banned
Everybody in and around Montreal did!

I work in Montreal, so I can confirm this. Lines like "The good guys won last night" and "They're going to win tonight, win the next one, and go all the way to the Stanley Cup" have been uttered around me in elevators at work.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Canucks aren't gonna get close for another decade or so.
Habs might get another chance next year? Who knows.
Jets are getting better but need more time for sure
Sens....... naw. Just don't have the roster.
Leafs lol
Oilers lol
Flames lol

i say give the jets 2 more years and they will be a contender instead of a pretender

dankir

I work in Montreal, so I can confirm this. Lines like "The good guys won last night" and "They're going to win tonight, win the next one, and go all the way to the Stanley Cup" have been uttered around me in elevators at work.

I work in the Old Port, where you at?

Top Bottom