• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT OKAY LET'S GO.

NOW, YOU FOLKS KNOW I HATE SPOILERS. SOMEBODY TRIED TO TELL ME THE END OF THE HOCKEY SWEATER AN' I SOCKED 'EM IN THE MOUTH AN' SAID, "DON'T BE TELLIN' ME THE END OF THIS BOOK, EH. I'M TAKIN' IT A PAGE AT A TIME." WHAT I HATE MORE THAN SPOILERS? LIES. WALKIN' 'ROUND IN SOCHI, I GOT PEOPLE TELLIN' ME, "HEY DON, THEY AIN'T SOVIETS, AN' THEY DON'T WASH THEIR HANDS WITH STALIN'S URINE." NEXT THING YOU'RE GONNA TELL ME IS IT'S ILLEGAL TO BE A HOMERSEXUAL IN THE SOVIET UNION. GOOD LUCK PRAYIN' THOSE GAYS AWAY, EH.

ANYWAY, I WANNA TALK 'BOUT RUSSIA'S LOSS, EH. YOU KNOW WHAT I ALWAYS TELL YOU FOLKS: THEM RUSSIANS AIN'T GOT HEARTS. THEY'RE COMMIES. THEY WEAR VISORS. AN' THEY'RE CLASSLESS. I ONCE SAW A DRAWIN' THIS KID DREW OF A RUSSIAN, AN' HE DREW 'EM WITHOUT A HEART. LITERALLY A VOID WHERE YOUR HEART'S S'POST'A BE. AN' I HEARD A BUNCHA RUSSIANS HERE IN SOCHI SPEAKIN' IN A FUNNY LANGUAGE, EH. THEY AIN'T SPEAKIN' ENGLISH. AN' IF YOU AIN'T SPEAKIN' ENGLISH, YOU'RE SPEAKIN' COMMIE, I ALWAYS SAY, EH. THEY LIKE THEM VISORS, TOO, EH. "LOOK AT ME, I'M A COMMUNIST AN' I LIKE TO PROTECT MY EYES FROM HARM." BACK IN MY DAY, WE AIN'T EVEN WEARIN' HELMETS, EH. AN' YOU KNOW FOLKS HOW CLASSLESS THESE PEOPLE ARE, EH. I BETCHA THEY AIN'T EVEN ATTENDED CLASSES TO BEGIN WITH. THAT DOUBLE DEFECTIN' RADULOV HAS THAT EMPTY LOOK TO HIM, EH.

THEY LOST 'CAUSE THEY AIN'T CANADIAN, EH. ONLY REASON YOU GOT OVECHKIN, MALKIN, DATSOOK, KOVYCHUCKS, AN' A BUNCHA OTHER RUSSIANS HAVE SUCCESS IN THE NHL IS 'CAUSE THEY'RE PLAYIN' WITH GOOD CANADIAN KIDS. PRAYIN' THE COMMUNISM AWAY AN' ALL, EH. SOME GUYS LIKE RADULOV CAN'T HANDLE IT, AN' OTHERS LIKE KOVYCHUCKS ARE SPIES THAT'RE PROGRAMMED TO RETURN TO THE MOTHERLAND AN' REPORT TO THE KREMLIN, EH. JUST YOU WATCH: GOLLYCHENNIK IN MONTREAL IS GONNA SUDDENLY RETIRE AN' RETURN TO THE SOVIETS AN' SHARE OUR CANADIAN SECRETS, EH.

LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, WASHIN' MY HANDS WITH GOOD CANADIAN WATER ('CAUSE I AIN'T WASHIN' MY HANDS WITH STALIN'S URINE, EH), AN' I SEE A BUNCHA RUSSIANS WALK IN A STALL - THEY AIN'T GOT DOORS, 'CAUSE THEY'RE EMBARRASSIN' LIKE THAT - ANYWAY, THEY GET IN, AN' SAT DOWN ON THE TOILET AN' DIDN'T DO NOTHIN'. NO NEWSPAPER, NO CROSSWORD, JUST SAT THERE AN' TOOK A DEUCE. I WAS STEAMED, LET ME TELL YOU. I ALWAYS TAKE A CROSSWORD WITH ME, EH. GOOD CANADIAN KIDS LIKE SIDNEY CROSBY, JONNY TOEWS, AN' CHRIS COKUNITZ WALKED IN WITH DOORS IN THEIR HANDS, PUT A DOOR ON THEIR STALL, GO IN, LEFT THE DOOR OPEN AN' TOOK OUT THE TORONTO STAR AN' STARTED READIN' WHILE TAKIN' A DEUCE, EH. THEIR POOPS DROPPED ON THE TOILET TO THE TUNE OF "O CANADA", EH. I STARTED TEARIN' UP WHILE I WAS SINGIN' THE ANTHEM. THOSE RUSSIANS WERE SO ASHAMED, THEY FORGOT TO WIPE, AN' PLAYED AGAINST FINLAND AN' LOST, EH.

BOBBY WOULDA BEEN SO PROUD, EH. GOD LOVE 'EM.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Remember when people were saying Canada was stacked with forwards, defence was a bit more iffy, and goaltending was the biggest question mark?
No. I don't remember that. Only a fool would have EVER questioned Canada's defence. It's rock solid. Always has been.
You make it sound like Doughty, Keith, Weber, Pietrangelo, Subban, ... came out of nowhere. Uh....

Canada's got the best forward depth and the best defensive depth. Always has.

KingOfLimbs

Neo Member

73aBi.gif

God bless you, Don Quick.

Also, as a Hawks fan, the olympics have been fucking with my loyalties. I love Toews and Kane, but they're on opposite teams, And TJ Oshie should be a rival. My mind is going batshit crazy

Mentok

Banned
You represent us proudly Mr. Quick.

Tavares' season is done. Not like they were making the playoffs, but still a big blow to the Isles.

calder

So this thread is basically CANvsUSA.

Scandinavians too polite to bitch each other out. Or they don't want to do it in public maybe.

Let's go Canada! It would be amazing if the women's team could upset the US again, but I'm not very hopeful. Feels like they must have used up all their gold medal luck the last 3 Olympics... and that US squad is just so damn good.

zroid

Banned
Ladies' final has begun. Whatever happens, things are going to get real salty in here (and in the other thread). Godspeed, fellow hockey fans.

Magni

Ladies' final has begun. Whatever happens, things are going to get real salty in here (and in the other thread). Godspeed, fellow hockey fans.

Why is body checking illegal in women's hockey? I had a girl on my team at peewee level and she checked/was checked like all the other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom