• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sports fans in general are hyperbolic trolls that make participation in conversation downright unpleasant and unapproachable. I follow and enjoy MMA but I won't touch a thread on here with a one thousand foot pole with any seriousness.

Might has well either join in with the over-the-top nature or watch from the side.

Nice generalization. I take it you're a sports fan?

Boogdud

Bg8cJjtCIAA3f7d.jpg

Much like the average NHL player, Canada geese migrate to the United States during the fall/winter/spring and then go back to Canada during summer to breed.

range_Canada%20Goose.gif

..am I doing this right?

Boogdud

I think the percentage of obnoxious fans is the same, but the U.S. population is 10x greater than Canada so we hear alot more of it when the US wins.

I think it's probably just that you don't pay too much attention to it when you win. When it's coming from the other side it seems ten times worse.

But yes, obviously there are some pretty obnoxious fans on both sides. I don't look at hockey threads on gaf because I typically go to real hockey sites for discussion. I was just kind of surprised by the gaf reaction I suppose.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
sweden beat finland and canada beat usa in the women's tournament. hopefully the reverse happens in the men's.

it won't, but it's nice to want things.

railGUN

Banned
Dick Pound is trending on Twitter, fucking :lol.

Was that actually live or was that staged? That red light went on immediately, I would have thought there would be a delay in that unless the guy pressed a button to turn it on himself.

That's a Budweiser light, I think they go off automatically (via Wifi I guess).

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just got back from watching the game, good shit Canada. Hopefully the guys can follow up tomorrow. :lol @ Mr. Awesome, thanks for all the jinxing! Equipped died for our sins.

So much salt.
Nice avatar.

Parch

The CAN/US women's hockey war has been a toss up since the start, so either team is going to be devastated with a loss. When you add a dramatic comeback like that, the sweet and sour is going to be extra strong.

Trey

It's really weird how apparently the last penalty was a bullshit call, but nobody has come back with a gif or replay to back that up. Curious.

It was a weak call in retrospect. I thought it was egregious live and should have been a penalty shot. But upon slow motion inspection, they USA player fell and very gently influenced the CAN girl on the way down. You ask me, they both just fell.

But the game is called live and I don't know any ref who wouldn't blow the whistle on that play given how it appeared, even though it was actually benign.

It was a weak call in retrospect. I thought it was egregious live and should have been a penalty shot. But upon slow motion inspection, they USA player fell and very gently influenced the CAN girl on the way down. You ask me, they both just fell.

But the game is called live and I don't know any ref who wouldn't blow the whistle on that play given how it appeared, even though it was actually benign.

They both fell, one of them just right before and directly onto the other.

zroid

Banned
It's really weird how apparently the last penalty was a bullshit call, but nobody has come back with a gif or replay to back that up. Curious.

In one of several replays I saw it was quite obvious that Hilary Knight (accidentally) tripped her up by skating into her leg. It sure wasn't cross-checking, but there was a penalty of some sort there. Basically they both lost their balance, but it was the American's fault.

edit: watch the legs
840052948.gif

Parch

It's different when it's a clear breakaway. Impede the player in any way and a penalty should be called. It doesn't have to be an obvious hook or cross check. The only real judgement is if it's 2 or a penalty shot.

It's different when it's a clear breakaway. Impede the player in any way and a penalty should be called. It doesn't have to be an obvious hook or cross check. The only real judgement is if it's 2 or a penalty shot.

I'd take the power play over the penalty shot any day, but there was clearly a penalty on the play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom