• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate playing Finland. They frustrate the fuck out of us. Although Bill does have this team playing a lot more patient. Boring, but patient.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Not worried about Latvia at the moment, but I hope Canada doesn't take them lightly either. If they focus too much on the States, they just might let Latvia get by them.

Thank god the smellys are out. Fucking hell is it ever boring as shit watching them play. It's like watching the Sabres during the Hasek years or the Devils all the time.

America should breeze to an easy win unless the Czechs pull off an upset with a hot goalie and Kessel too bus eating cookies.

I read Mirtle's piece on what's going in with the Czech team. Apparently, the hc is some millionaire hockey booster who lets the veteran players decide what to do? Weeeeird stuff.

Quick

Banned
Canada needs to lose tomorrow. You guys never win cups so you guys should be consistent and not win in the Olympics too!

starlordfinger.gif

RC

Banned
Clearly the weight of the Canadian captaincy is affecting Sidney "best player in the world" Crosby's play.

Tabris

Clearly the weight of the Canadian captaincy is affecting Sidney "best player in the world" Crosby's play.

Hey, if he scores a golden goal again (and here's hoping), who cares how he plays the rest of the tournament.

He was pretty bad in 2010 until that last play.

EDIT - Honestly, except for Alex Bilodeau, and Joanie Rochette, that single goal made him the most important Canadian in the olympics.

EDIT 2 - Kind of feel bad for players like Toews who got under shadowed a bit due to the golden goal moment.

calder

The Jets are terrible with those hooligans Emery and Simmonds still part of the team.

/Lawless.

I still love the Olympics for, if nothing else at all, inflicting Gary Lawless on the rest of Canada and sparing us the full weight of his terrible opinions for the past few weeks. It's been like a mini-vacation for everyone in Manitoba who likes sports media but isn't a drooling moron.

ЯAW

Banned
Hopefully Finland takes today's game. Russia has dam strong team but they have been slugish so far, I think Finland has fair chance if they play smart.

yuraya

Slovenia has been one of the great stories of this tournament. Respect, never expected them to play at such a high level. Good for their program hope it only gets better in the future.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Slovenia has fought well and done better than I ever imagined, including holding up really well against Sweden for much of this game. But now it's done, this is starting to look more like what the score should be in a game like this.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Finland or Russia up next for Sweden, and I think we can take either of them. We definitely have a better team than Finland, and Russia hasn't impressed particularly. So Sweden vs Canada/USA in the final, that's my bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom