• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
What a softie! :lol

Err, this got posted in the Sweden vs. Slovenia thread on reddit:

rSgmTQU.gif

I know what IKEA means at least... but what?

Madness

Russia is just not as cohesive of a team. They have all the talent needed to win the tournament though, but just don't have that cohesiveness and grit. Still don't see them losing this game though.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
it blows my mind this is selanne's 6th olympics

Would be cool if he could play as long as chelios to sneak in two more

Uncle

it blows my mind this is selanne's 6th olympics

Would be cool if he could play as long as chelios to sneak in two more

I can't find the link right now, but he apparently has the most points scored in olympic hockey as well. Although there was some guy in 1924 with more goals (in only five games or something crazy like that) but they didn't count assists back then.

Madness

Going to be a national embarrassment for Russia. Not only did they lose to the US, but to be eliminated by Finland and not even medal. Damn. But it's top be expected, they just don't have the unity of teams like the US.

I was listening to the radio yesterday and the sports guys said that that Russia's coach is playing his lines in sequential order like a pee-wee game, line1, line2, line3, line4, back to line1 to make all players happy instead of really trying to win the game

Futureman

is the USAvCZE game on the same NBC Sports channel or on NBC? Trying to figure out what to record on my DVR from my phone but the listings aren't very helpful.

repeater

I think Finland are looking really inspired. They have been looking good the whole tournament (from what I've seen only the US has impressed more, though I've only seen one of Canada's games). If they beat Russia (all signs point to 'yes' right now) they will eat us (Sweden) alive in the semifinal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom