• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 Olympic Men's Ice Hockey Tournament | Salt on an international level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm nervous. This is too close and Canada is gonna try so hard to score that it may end up costing them an odd man rush.

And the game.

Spl1nter

Such bad coaching for Canada. Horrible system being playing in the offensive zone. Puck possession is useless if you don't generate real chances. Cycle game behind the net and in corners is fine for gaining possession but completely useless for scoring on international ice. They should be using the points and going more east-west in the offensive zone.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Shots are 35-11 and Kunitz missed an open net. Not really as bad as the score makes it out to be, the Latvian goalie deserves a lot of credit.

it would be a miracle if Latvia pulls this off. Canada is just too talented if it goes past regulation.

an OT loss or SO loss is probably the best Latvia can do.

calder

Idea: the Jets trade Pavelec to Tampa for this Latvian goalie Gudļevskis. This guy literally takes Pavelec's seat on the plane back to North America, and Pavelec wanders Russia as a traveling goalie stopping pucks (kinda) in exchange for room and board.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
LAT. VI. AAAAAAAAAAAAA.

tumblr_mdm1epIuOP1rnvulyo1_500.jpg

Kak.efes

So, what is Latvia known for? A win here could be etched in their history books for generations. I don't want Latvian children celebrating this day one hundred years from now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Switching over to the CAN-LAT stream for the third period. Also just realized I'm totally coincidentally wearing a very Latvian shade of red today. Maybe it's a sign.

Meanwhile, Zuccarello lands back in NYC tomorrow and will be looked at by Rangers docs. MRI says he has a fractured left hand, might or might not be ready for when play resumes next week.

Yeah that comment makes no sense. Latvia beating Canada would be the biggest upset in hockey history so can't see how it's "better than losing to the U.S."

Canadians like myself HATE losing againist the States espically in Hockey. Some of us would rather lose to a weaker team like Latvia than lose to the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom