• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks, think I'll start Wilson then. I have tons of school work i should be doing, but damn fantasy football is taking up most of my time hahaha

PPR leagues. Underlined are the ones I'm thinking.

Palmer or Peyton? Hilton, Moncrief, or James Jones?

Need three WRs out of: Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, Golden Tate, Mike Wallace, Stevie Johnson, James Jones?

QP3

Sammy Watkins (vs. NE) or Markus Wheaton (vs. SF)?

Watkins got nothing week 1, but people seem to be low on Wheaton. 0 ppr, BTW.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
PPR

Stevie Johnson or Amari Cooper?

i'm already rolling woodhead in flex.. Cooper will have more targets, but is playing a more difficult CB. Also, has a worse qb throwing to him.

gonna stick with Bradford - though i'm considering picking up Alex Smith as well, now that hes got a bunch of weapons.

was going to grab my boy from last season, Palmer off FA, but some butthead claimed him at the last minute.

Well so much for FAAB this year

blew my budget to get Jones, Moncrief, and Mariota.

Honestly tempted to start Mariota this week over Bradford and Tannehill. (Yeah, it's a keeper league)

I think I asked this in the NFL thread before but I'll try here: anyone know of an app where you can plug in your players and it tallies the fantasy scores (PPR)? I don't know if they're different between the various sites but I need something for ESPN.

I convinced my fiancee to play but it's just going to be me and her head-to-head every week. I couldn't use a normal league coz you need at least 8 teams or some shit. So instead I ran a draft simulator and simulated an auto-draft for both of us (make it more fair) but adding up points manually is annoying.

In a PPR league? Woodhead by a mile. I'd actually consider leaving him in over Ellington once he gets healthy.

I think Ellington looked pretty sharp before he left the game, so I am hopeful he will be able to bounce back, but yeah, Woodhead was a priority late round pick for me, and I was expecting him to be a contributor for me all season. I thought about starting him over Jonathan Stewart last week (I drafted WR with my first three picks lol Antonio, Demaryius, Alshon)

Captain.Falafel

Neo Member
It's amazing how utterly incapable I am of drafting reliable running backs in our money keeper league.

0.5 PPR

Frank Gore vs NYJ
Doug Martin @ NO
Latavius Murray vs Bal
Davonte Freeman @ NYG
Darren Sproles vs Dal

Nothing particularly standout.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Any recommendations on who to start at FLEX? (non PPR)

Starters:
RB: Ingram (vs.TB), Abdullah (@MIN)
WR: Cobb (vs.SEA), J.Brown (@CHI)
TE: Graham (@GB)
FLEX: ?

BENCH: D.Martin (@NO), J.Stewart (vs.HOU), Maclin (vs.DEN), Eifert(vs.SD)

Also, going with Carson Palmer over Peyton this week.

It's amazing how utterly incapable I am of drafting reliable running backs in our money keeper league.

0.5 PPR

Frank Gore vs NYJ
Doug Martin @ NO
Latavius Murray vs Bal
Davonte Freeman @ NYG
Darren Sproles vs Dal

You're gonna be fine...just not his week.

I'd probably go Martin and sproles this week.

I convinced my fiancee to play but it's just going to be me and her head-to-head every week. I couldn't use a normal league coz you need at least 8 teams or some shit. So instead I ran a draft simulator and simulated an auto-draft for both of us (make it more fair) but adding up points manually is annoying.

You gave me fantasy football flashbacks. Remember writing out my team's points on paper before Yahoo provided free live stat-tracker. I'd usually be one or two points off. It was fun though.

Still, imagining playing fantasy football in the 80s/90s. Those early fantasy heads had to check the boxscore in the paper on Mondays.

Wow, someone in my league just dropped Tannehill for Andy Dalton. Needless to say, I put a claim on him.....(my QB is currently Fattford)

So here's a Q for me:

Thinking of trading DeMarco Murray for Lamar Miller & Nelson Agholor (PPR). Need a WR (Dez injured). Think I should do it?

Sounds kinda crazy, but I am really low on DeMarco Murray. Agholor obviously did nothing week 1, but I'm still kind of high on him long term. I like Miller and I think he'll produce. I am really low on Murray, though. He carried the ball, what,... 8 ... 9 times for 11 yards? Caught .. 2 passes for 10 yards? It just so happened that he had 2 touchdowns so it looked like value there. I'm desperate to drop him pretty much and guy said he;d do this trade.

What do you think?

0.5 PPR

Frank Gore vs NYJ
Doug Martin @ NO
Latavius Murray vs Bal
Davonte Freeman @ NYG
Darren Sproles vs Dal

Latavius Murray and Gore are both valuable. Sproles has some limited value but maybe worth trading. I'm not high on Davonte Freeman and Doug Martin is a guy you should stash for a couple weeks until he proves he can run in any weeks that aren't the pre-season.

NateDrake

My current lineup for PPR league.

QB Peyton Manning
RB Carlos Hyde
RB Chris Ivory
WR/TE Gronk
WR/TE Brandin Cooks
WR/TE Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR
WR/TE James Jones, GB WR
FLEX Jordan Cameron, Mia TE
D/ST Seahawks D/ST D/ST
K Adam Vinatieri

My bench is:
Vincent Jackson
Rueben Randle
Jordan Reed
Larry Donnell
Matt Stafford

Think my starting lineup is the best I can do? I have James White on my bench and will likely drop him, but the best option to get right now is DeAngello Williams.

Dazzler

So here's a Q for me:

Thinking of trading DeMarco Murray for Lamar Miller & Nelson Agholor (PPR). Need a WR (Dez injured). Think I should do it?

Sounds kinda crazy, but I am really low on DeMarco Murray. Agholor obviously did nothing week 1, but I'm still kind of high on him long term. I like Miller and I think he'll produce. I am really low on Murray, though. He carried the ball, what,... 8 ... 9 times for 11 yards? Caught .. 2 passes for 10 yards? It just so happened that he had 2 touchdowns so it looked like value there. I'm desperate to drop him pretty much and guy said he;d do this trade.

What do you think?

Latavius Murray and Gore are both valuable. Sproles has some limited value but maybe worth trading. I'm not high on Davonte Freeman and Doug Martin is a guy you should stash for a couple weeks until he proves he can run in any weeks that aren't the pre-season.

Think it's far too early to make a decision on Murray. I'm in the same boat as you, I've got Demarco and Dez (plus Gurley eugh) but I'm holding on to DeMarco. I've got Sproles in one of my flex and between them I'm covered for what I think will ultimately be one of the NFL's best offenses this season

nillapuddin

projections have me losing by 15

Got James Jones off waivers this morning, think I should start him ahead of my other guys? also, hoping TY isnt hurt badly, I started him week 1

TM4I7FB.png

Picked DeAngelo Williams off of waivers. Trying to decide if I should start him or Frank Gore this week.

Forsett (vs OAK) or Blount (vs BUF)??
Wilson (vs GB) or Brady (vs BUF)??

Wilson easily. I know Brady put up a ton of points last week but he's going against a much stronger defense that mostly shut Andrew Luck down. Green Bay doesn't have anywhere near the same pass rush as St Louis and Seattle's going to have to throw a lot to keep up with Green Bay unless Lynch has a monster game.

Kendall Wright or Amari Cooper at WR3 in a non-PPR league?

Worried about McGloin's production at QB. Also worried that Wright's numbers from week 1 were just a fluke, but the Titans are playing the Browns.

toneroni

10 Team 2QB PPR League - 6 teams make playoffs

Was offered Jonathan Stewart for Dez Bryant - Considering it since my RBs are weak (until Ellington back at least)

2 QBs: Luck/Tannehill/Foles
3 WRs: Bryant/Hopkins/Marshall/Robinson/Smith Jr/Moncrief
2 RBs: L.Miller/Ellington/Blount/C.Johnson/Mason
1 TE: H. Miller/ASJ
2 Flex

What do you guys think? I don't trust Ellington too much but I also don't expect to play many RBs in my flex so rolling with 2 decent RBs might be enough. I'd probably drop Mason and pick up Beasley from the waiver if I take the trade.

Khalid-S: Arian is the player I'd keep or trade for in that deal
The Outsider: I'd roll with Kendall Wright again

Sumidor

Guys

Doug Martin
James Jones

For

Arian Foster

Yay or Nay

Do you have Foster or the other two? Honestly, it depends on the rest of your team. If your team is strong enough to withstand having Foster sit on your beach until he comes back, he's worth it, because of how productive he is.

Guys

Doug Martin
James Jones

For

Arian Foster

Yay or Nay

Foster side wins imo. But take care. Foster might have two good weeks and re-injure himself. I'm highly confident in Foster this year, but I'm also a Texans fan. He's got top 5 potential, and can help you win the playoffs.

I'm not sure James Jones is going to be predictable week to week. Martin seems to be the real deal once again, but his team raises a lot of questions that are completely unrelated to him. I haven't seen him 'do it' since his first year.

That being said, if you're currently starting both Jones/Martin if you don't make the trade....I would not do it. I'm making my 'do the trade' on the assumption that the muscle hamster is in your flex considerations every week, and Jones is a bye-week replacement.

Guys

Doug Martin
James Jones

For

Arian Foster

Yay or Nay

While I've personally stashed Foster on my bench, I've ensured that I have two fulltime RB starters in front of him. Assuming that Martin is your RB3 I'd do it. If not, I wouldn't. Easy.

Now for my question of the week! I recently picked up ASJ as a backup for Ertz but not sure who to start this week. I'm more or less keeping up with the Mike Evans situation, but I'm wondering who you guys would start.

Nafai1123

Banned
Kendall Wright or Amari Cooper at WR3 in a non-PPR league?

Worried about McGloin's production at QB. Also worried that Wright's numbers from week 1 were just a fluke, but the Titans are playing the Browns.

For what it's worth, Carr practiced today without protective gear on his hand. I'd say it's pretty likely he'll be starting Sunday.

Tom Nook

Any recommendations on who to start at FLEX? (non PPR)

Starters:
RB: Ingram (vs.TB), Abdullah (@MIN)
WR: Cobb (vs.SEA), J.Brown (@CHI)
TE: Graham (@GB)
FLEX: ?

BENCH: D.Martin (@NO), J.Stewart (vs.HOU), Maclin (vs.DEN), Eifert(vs.SD)

Also, going with Carson Palmer over Peyton this week.

I'll go with Eifert.

I keep going back and forth on which TE I should pick up:

Ladarius Green
Gavin Escobar
Jared Cook
Kyle Rudolph

Thoughts? This is 12 team ppr

goober

Oh sweet. Didnt know this thread existed. I need some advice.

Here's my team from a 10 man standard yahoo league.

QB: Russell Wilson
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Mike Wallace
RB: Justin Forsett
RB: Alfred Morris
TE: Martellus Bennett
Kicker: Justin Tucker
DEF: Miami

Bench:
Brandon Coleman
Donte Moncrief
Anquan Bolidn
Delanie Waker
Danny Woodhead
Melvin Gordon

I'm pretty weak at RB and Sproles is available. Should I take him? If so, who do I drop?

I keep going back and forth on which TE I should pick up:

Ladarius Green
Gavin Escobar
Jared Cook
Kyle Rudolph

Thoughts? This is 12 team ppr

Cooks has three nice match ups in a row, long term I'd go with Rudolph

I'm pretty weak at RB and Sproles is available. Should I take him? If so, who do I drop?

I doubt you use Boldin much at all, I wouldn't have a problem dropping him over Sproles. Boldin's best games this year are probably what Sproles did last week.

Now for my question of the week! I recently picked up ASJ as a backup for Ertz but not sure who to start this week. I'm more or less keeping up with the Mike Evans situation, but I'm wondering who you guys would start.

I would lean towards Ertz regardless of Evans health. PHI/DAL will be a high scoring game, more opportunity for Ertz to get that TD which both are kind of depending on to land you value. DAL isn't a fan of defending TE so if Ertz is on the field as much as he was last week it's hard seeing a disappointing game from him.

goober

I doubt you use Boldin much at all, I wouldn't have a problem dropping him over Sproles. Boldin's best games this year are probably what Sproles did last week.

Thanks. Dropped Boldin for Sproles. He is the back to own over Ryan Mathews, right? He seemed to be used more.

Would trading Russell Wilson for Ameer Abdullah be a good trade? I have Brady on my team already and there is still plenty of QBs on FA to pick up if I ever need one. The guy has Abdullah on his trade block... I have Jeremy Hill and Justin Forsett as my starting RBs.

PPR leagues. Underlined are the ones I'm thinking.

Palmer or Peyton? Hilton, Moncrief, or James Jones?

Need three WRs out of: Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans, Golden Tate, Mike Wallace, Stevie Johnson, James Jones?

I'd go Palmer over Peyton. Arizona is playing the Bears, should be able to throw all day on them.
Assuming Hilton plays, I'd go Hilton over Moncrief for sure. I mean, Hilton is the #1 on that team, Moncrief is the #3, and even though Hilton had a down game week 1, he's still their #1 and he's going to play well. For James Jones, again, he's a big if. Not sure if you take the chance there. Jones made the best of his 4 targets, but it was still only 4 targets.

As for the second one...

Beckham Jr, Mike Evans (assuming he plays), and Golden Tate.

Over the next three, I'd go Johnson > Wallace / James Jones, with Wallace and Jones being a wash. I need to see more of Minnesota's offense and I need to see more of James Jones before I take him over Steve Johnson who seemingly is a perfect fit in a good offensive in San Diego.

Matt Ryan is my QB #1. Tempted to drop My #2 Eli for Palmer. Thoughts?

May as well, question is, do you need a #2 QB or can you pick up a position player free agent that you're more likely to play?

As for Eli for Palmer though, for sure. You should be able to pick Eli up at any time if he suddenly has a spurt of decent play.

DCX

DCX
Holy shit. Maybe I should try this in my league too. :lol
Lol the guys accepted the trade and now it goes through a two day period. I would assume it would get vetoed by the league but imo, if AP owner accepted it, then give him what he wants!

Worse thing of it all, he cuts Eli, drops Cam and picks up Alex Smith on waivers...wow

DCX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom