• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won in both my leagues last night. Luckily I have Carlos Hyde in both leagues. :)

I can't wait for Le'Veon Bell to come back from suspension. Then I'll have Bell, Hyde, and Alfred Morris rocking my RBs.

I'm jealous.. My best RBs are Tre Mason, Jonathan Stewart, and TJ Yeldon..

:(
youralreadydead.gif

Choomp

Banned
You had Jordan Matthews on the bench to use as a Dez replacement?

geez. Matthews shoulda been in the top 12 WRs drafted.

Yeah no I got him fairly early. I sat him with Dez, Beckham, and Andre Ellington at my FLEX spot. I like my team besides Greg Olsen at TE who seems highly unreliable nowadays.

What do you guys think of a LeGarrette Blount for Davante Adams trade? I need some WR depth and have a ton of RBs, just wondering if Adams is worth trading for?

We start 3 WRs and 2 RBs in my league. No flex. My current RB/WR situation looks like this...

RB: Forsett, Hyde, Ivory, Blount, Coleman
WR: Brown, Hopkins, Watkins, Royal, Parker

do it. Definitely if you can.

gutshot

do it. Definitely if you can.

Yeah, at this point, I've committed to trading one of Ivory or Blount for Adams. Just trying to figure out which of the two RBs I should give up for him.

I feel like Ivory is the more valuable player right now but Yahoo projections has Blount scoring a lot more points. I guess because he is in a better offense?

hermit7

Yeah, at this point, I've committed to trading one of Ivory or Blount for Adams. Just trying to figure out which of the two RBs I should give up for him.

I feel like Ivory is the more valuable player right now but Yahoo projections has Blount scoring a lot more points. I guess because he is in a better offense?

I am higher long term on Ivory than Blount.

He is definitely the number one and Belichick is fickle with his rbs.

I'd definitely keep ivory. The Jets want to run, they've got a better passing attack with FitzMagic and Marshall that can open things up.

NE is a crap-shoot, since Bill B. is the most unpredictable of coaches. Especially after seeing Dion Lewis at NE, I'm afraid of Blount's weekly usefulness. Even if Blount might be the better back at year's end, you're going to feel much better each and every week with Ivory.

What do you guys think. Standard, 12 team league. I'm pretty sure I'm starting Gore and Demaryius Thomas. Pick 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 flex:
Keenan Allan
John Brown
Stevie Johnson
Brandon Coleman
Crowell
Yeldon
Woodhead

I'm thinking Keenan, Brown, and Woodhead. Potentially might replace Gore with one of the other backs depending on research done this week.

zeshakag

So I have Eddie Lacy, Deangelo Williams, and Benny Cunningham filling both RB spots and my flex. LeGarette Blount is coming back, and he's really good but apparently he's only an early down back. Where as the "lesser backs" (Williams and Cunningham) have had an insane amount of every-down volume due to filling in for their respective 1st string teammates. Benny even putting up 100+ yards against the Seahawks.

Should I just leave Blount out and let it ride this week?

Kusagari

People are vastly underestimating Ivory. I bet he flirts with top 10 RB numbers all year.

UberTag

So many people pondering lineup decisions so early in the week. Waivers haven't even been run yet in most leagues. At least wait it out a bit before deciding following practice reports. What may be good advice now might turn into trash advice by the weekend.

Do start to think about decisions involving your Chiefs and Broncos given that they play Thursday... although you should probably only have decisions to make on whether to play Manning, Thomas, Anderson, Sanders, Charles, Maclin and Kelce in the shallowest of leagues. Question marks should only surface if Anderson misses more practices. You were all smart enough to handcuff Hillman, right?

So many people pondering lineup decisions so early in the week. Waivers haven't even been run yet in most leagues. At least wait it out a bit before deciding following practice reports. What may be good advice now might turn into trash advice by the weekend.

Do start to think about decisions involving your Chiefs and Broncos given that they play Thursday... although you should probably only have decisions to make on whether to play Manning, Thomas, Anderson, Sanders, Charles, Maclin and Kelce in the shallowest of leagues. Question marks should only surface if Anderson misses more practices. You were all smart enough to handcuff Hillman, right?

So you're really saying I should grab and start Hillman. Right? RIGHT?

Cagey

Banned
With two RB and a R/W flex I treat as my third RB, I have AP, Melvin Gordon, Rashad Jennings, Chris Ivory, and Shane Vereen (...and Christine Michael as a lotto ticket).

As I had the poor luck of drafting Jordy Nelson 16 hours before he tore his ACL, I'm contemplating offering one of those middle 3 RBs for Dez Bryant since his backs are trash (and then putting in a solid bid on someone like David Johnson or Karlos Williams as more depth).

How does a trade of one of those backs (I dislike Gordon the most of the 3, but I'm also a homer re: Jennings) for Dez sound? Overpaying, insulting to the Dez owner, etc.

jmdajr

With two RB and a R/W flex I treat as my third RB, I have AP, Melvin Gordon, Rashad Jennings, Chris Ivory, and Shane Vereen (...and Christine Michael as a lotto ticket).

As I had the poor luck of drafting Jordy Nelson 16 hours before he tore his ACL, I'm contemplating offering one of those middle 3 RBs for Dez Bryant since his backs are trash (and then putting in a solid bid on someone like David Johnson or Karlos Williams as more depth).

How does a trade of one of those backs (I dislike Gordon the most of the 3, but I'm also a homer re: Jennings) for Dez sound? Overpaying, insulting to the Dez owner, etc.

Yikes.

Grab? Most assuredly.
Start? Probably not.
Dangle as trade bait to a desperate Anderson owner that lost in Week 1? I'd at least gauge their interest.

Man, that's tempting. My "problem" is that most of my bench (aside from J Bell) performed well this past week. But I still want like 3-4 players off waivers, lol.

Keep RB J. Bell or claim Karlo Williams?

RBs in my team: C. Ivory, B. Sankey, T Mason.

Bell didn't get many carries on Sunday but I think it was largely due to him slowly returning from injury. He should be fine this weekend. I think Abdullah will be Detroit's #1 back by the end of the year but Bell will get a lot of goal line work.

Cagey

Banned

When it came to me on the wheel, I saw Jordy and Julio available as the 6th and 7th WRs taken (with Gronk going before them too), instantly grabbed them, and told the room "that's two of the top 4 WRs this year, enjoy second place fuckers."

I got no sympy the next day.

Having trouble with my last WR and Flex spot this week.

WRs: Allen Robinson, Terrance Williams
RBs: TJ Yeldon, Giovani Bernard

What do you guys think?

Nafai1123

Banned
Thinking of trading Eric Decker to pick up Austin Seferian-Jenkins who had a monster week 1 and was on waivers. My current TE is Owen Daniels. Worth it? I'm already WR heavy.

Beach

Having trouble with my last WR and Flex spot this week.

WRs: Allen Robinson, Terrance Williams
RBs: TJ Yeldon, Giovani Bernard

What do you guys think?

Terrance Williams and TJ Yeldon easy

And to the poster above go for it if you belive you are truly set on WR, ASJ is a big sleeper pick on TE.

nillapuddin

QBgjr6E.png

i feel really good about week one, my projection was 102.
i started alot of those guys despite projections, it was a good "gut feeling" week

looking to move on stevie johnson, chris johnson and james jones.
my waiver pick is 12/12 though :(

Choomp

Banned
Julius Thomas and Jordan Reed are both available in my league and I seem to need a Tight End, I don't want to worry about Greg Olsen the whole year. Either of them worth picking up?

Badosh

Julius Thomas and Jordan Reed are both available in my league and I seem to need a Tight End, I don't want to worry about Greg Olsen the whole year. Either of them worth picking up?

Jordan Reed is a solid pick up... but Greg Olsen will also be totally fine. 1 bad week doesn't mean anything.

Choomp

Banned
Jordan Reed is a solid pick up... but Greg Olsen will also be totally fine. 1 bad week doesn't mean anything.

Just going based on past years he's not very consistent, and I could probably do better with a backup for him than Owen Daniels anyway.

So much lineup decision stuff... not even Wednesday!

And if you play in a league of 14 or more and you lost Dez for more than half the Fantasy season, you either have to get Mr. Right in FAAB to replace/balance out the loss or see if you can make a trade. Losing a #1st rounders' production is almost a death sentence in FF without a corresponding move.

So I managed to win the week in the league I have Dez Bryant despite his injury. Thankfully I have depth at receiver with AJ Green at the other spot and DeAndre Hopkins can step from the Flex, now the issue becomes who do I replace him with at the Flex spot? The candidates are Alfred Blue, Doug Martin, Malcolm Floyd and Jordan Reed. I'm leaning towards Martin.

Terrance Williams and TJ Yeldon easy

Thanks! Now I have to think about my TE with Walker looking questionable to play. Might have to hit the waivers.

So I managed to win the week in the league I have Dez Bryant despite his injury. Thankfully I have depth at receiver with AJ Green at the other spot and DeAndre Hopkins can step from the Flex, now the issue becomes who do I replace him with at the Flex spot? The candidates are Alfred Blue, Doug Martin, Malcolm Floyd and Jordan Reed. I'm leaning towards Martin.

Martin for sure. That's a solid RB to have in your Flex spot.

Just going based on past years he's not very consistent, and I could probably do better with a backup for him than Owen Daniels anyway.

That's more of a TE problem in general. Olsen is #3 or #4 among all TEs. Thomas could be out till week 4 or 5, so keep that in mind. He's a huge talent, but he's also playing for Jacksonville now.

PPR league, Ameer Abdullah or CJ Anderson? Leaning Abdullah given Anderson's health + short week. Then again, I think we saw last year that defenses were tired out on short weeks and there was plenty of offense to go around

Apath

Adjusted my waiver wire in my half-PPR league:
1. Moncrief
2. Jones
3. Williams

This is for the flex spot. Does this look pretty solid?

Didn't you get Anderson in the 1st or 2nd round?

2nd. Eddie Lacy was my first pick.

But given how woeful the Broncos looked last week and Anderson being hurt, that's why I'm thinking of sitting Anderson and playing Abdullah. Not permanently, just this week. Flex wise, I'm probably looking at Jeremy Maclin. 1 point per reception is what makes that tempting. If the Chiefs don't get off to a super quick start like last week, then Maclin should have value

I suppose I could always bench Randall Cobb too. Not being 100% against the Seahawks is always cause for concern though Cobb won't necessarily square off against Sherman

i feel really good about week one, my projection was 102.
i started alot of those guys despite projections, it was a good "gut feeling" week

looking to move on stevie johnson, chris johnson and james jones.
my waiver pick is 12/12 though :(

yeah, brother. I love my money league team as well:

Can't wait for Foster to return. I literally don't want to drop anyone on my team for any waiver wire available player.

Funny turn of events, I played the team with the lowest points and my bench outscored his team....

Koko

Banned
Not sure who to start.

Sanders vs K. Allen.
C.J. Anderson vs T.J. Yeldon

All this talk about Manning being done and Anderson health is making me nervous about starting them on Thursday. I could also sit just one of them an start them at the Flex.

nillapuddin

Id avoid Blue personally, Martin/Reed is where Id go personally

Adjusted my waiver wire in my half-PPR league:
1. Moncrief
2. Jones
3. Williams

This is for the flex spot. Does this look pretty solid?

I think youre good, also keep in mind Stevie Johnson, he knows how to get loose

yeah, brother. I love my money league team as well:

Can't wait for Foster to return. I literally don't want to drop anyone on my team for any waiver wire available player.

Funny turn of events, I played the team with the lowest points and my bench outscored his team....

damn man, team looks killer. Yeah I took Leveon Bell with my first pick, so Im in full on wait mode. Took an early gamble to take Gronk before anybody was thinking TE, I have a feeling its going to payoff big time.

Sumidor

My team/players - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177815420&postcount=208

Marcus Mariota transforming the Tennessee offense may have made Bishop Sankey a legit Top 20 back. Now I can roll out Jamaal Charles, Chris Ivory and Flex Sankey... not a bad 3 RB combo. Plus my Hail Mary of drafting Ahmad Bradshaw looks like it may bare fruit..

? All i'm seeing is that the Colts are interested. And even if they are, do you really think he'll produce enough with Gore there?

I actually have a semi-tough decision to make this week with Ellington out in a PPR league. My options are Woodhead, Sankey, I just picked up Chris Johnson, and Gurley is apparently on the radar (although I definitely won't start him on his return week).

I am intrigued by Sankey's week 1, but probably going with little Danny

gutshot

I actually have a semi-tough decision to make this week with Ellington out in a PPR league. My options are Woodhead, Sankey, I just picked up Chris Johnson, and Gurley is apparently on the radar (although I definitely won't start him on his return week).

I am intrigued by Sankey's week 1, but probably going with little Danny

In a PPR league? Woodhead by a mile. I'd actually consider leaving him in over Ellington once he gets healthy.

Hmm... Alex Smith or Ryan Tannehill? 2 QB league and my other QB is Russell Wilson. Smith had a monster week but Tannehill's matchup against Jacksonville seems better.

What do you think guys, Tyler Eifert or Bishop Sankey at Flex? Both had huge week ones and sat on my bench.

I'd go Sankey. Never been a fan of putting TEs at Flex with how inconsistent they are.

stuck on keenan allen or stankey for a flex, the latter looked good last week but it was against the worst team in all of north american sports

Hmm... Alex Smith or Ryan Tannehill? 2 QB league and my other QB is Russell Wilson. Smith had a monster week but Tannehill's matchup against Jacksonville seems better.

id go with smith

ACE 1991

I'd go Sankey. Never been a fan of putting TEs at Flex with how inconsistent they are.

Ok, thanks. Cleveland is a decent matchup for him, too.

Missed on Percy because our league's creator jumped me in waiver order once standings were complete, that piece of hairy shit.

Did grab Cole Beasley and Travis Benjamin to replace Desean Jackson and Cody Latimer. Hoping Beasley gets some more targets with Dez out (and holds on to the fucking ball).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom