• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafai1123

Banned
Dropped Colston off my bench to pick up Mariota as my backup behind Palmer. Might be a huge mistake but Colston is so hit or miss I don't think I'll miss him.

Macattk15

Need help.

I do not know what to do this week.

Standard. 10 man league. No flex. 2 WR / 2 RB.

I generally go with Demaryius Thomas / Randall Cobb ..... bench has Jordan Matthews, Tyler Lockett and Marques Colston.

I'm afraid of playing Cobb against my Seahawks feeling he will draw Sherman.

Should I sit Cobb for Jordan Matthews ... or just go with Cobb / DT?

Need help.

I do not know what to do this week.

Standard. 10 man league. No flex. 2 WR / 2 RB.

I generally go with Demaryius Thomas / Randall Cobb ..... bench has Jordan Matthews, Tyler Lockett and Marques Colston.

I'm afraid of playing Cobb against my Seahawks feeling he will draw Sherman.

Should I sit Cobb for Jordan Matthews ... or just go with Cobb / DT?

I'd consider sitting Cobb for Matthews, mostly because I think Matthews is in a high-scoring game as the 1WR.

FTF

Forsett (vs OAK) or Blount (vs BUF)??
Wilson (vs GB) or Brady (vs BUF)??

Def Forsett

And for qb, is your league 4 or 6 pts for throwing td? If only 4, I'd def go with Wilson since you'll get 3-6 points from his running. If 6 pts for a throwing td, flip a coin.

Should I start Tom Brady (vs. Bills) or Matt Ryan (vs. Giants)?

Ryan against NYG

Also, I'm already done with Manning (until he proves otherwise). I'm benching him against the Chiefs on a short week and playing Rivers instead.

Macattk15

I'd consider sitting Cobb for Matthews, mostly because I think Matthews is in a high-scoring game as the 1WR.

This is what I also think. I will see how DT does tomorrow night ... if he scores big I might alter shit around.

I'm not a huge fan of Bradford throwing to Matthews ... compared to Rodgers throwing to Cobb though.

Cobb and Ivory (Me) for A.J green (other guy) in a .5 ppr league? I'm sitting pretty with foster, lacy and Hyde atm.

Or maybe I could get someone to bite Cobb and Ivory for Leveon Bell?

FTF

Cobb and Ivory (Me) for A.J green (other guy) in a .5 ppr league? I'm sitting pretty with foster, lacy and Hyde atm.

Or maybe I could get someone to bite Cobb and Ivory for Leveon Bell?

Yeah I think you can get more for Cobb and Ivory than just AJ

Also, I'm already done with Manning (until he proves otherwise). I'm benching him against the Chiefs on a short week and playing Rivers instead.

I pretty much lost my first game because of Manning's poor performance(which also affected DT who I also have). I had Carson but dropped him because I didn't want to drop any of my bench RB/WR's yet. Now I wish I had dropped Blue instead. Well Someone just dropped Rivers so I'm going to try and get him as insurance for Peyton. I won't get him in time but I still would have stuck with Peyton anyways just because I can't do it yet. I'm a big fan of his and he's been so consistent for so long. I have to see at least one more game like this before I consider benching him for match up purposes.

Beach

Any thoughts on trading Dez? I'm really thinking about that J. Stewart offer for some reason..

I would consider it for a low end #1 RB but as a Stewart owner myself you would be crazy to accept that trade.

In the meantime if you are short on RBS try to take on Cunningham, Sankey or Chris Johnson
They won't win you games but they won't produce that far off of Jonathan Stewart.

toneroni

I would consider it for a low end #1 RB but as a Stewart owner myself you would be crazy to accept that trade.

In the meantime if you are short on RBS try to take on Cunningham, Sankey or Chris Johnson
They won't win you games but they won't produce that far off of Jonathan Stewart.
Thanks, I have Stewart in another league and I know what you mean. He's not really too explosive and I doubt I would ue one of my RBs as a flex often in PPR.

My RBs are hurting as I have Miller/Ellington/Blount/Mason and just picked up Chris Johnson. I think I'll try to swing for Forsett which is his RB2 or just wait since I have some WR depth.

Worth picking up Cole Beasley? I'd have to drop someone.
WR: Hopkins/Marshall/Robinson/Smith Jr/Montcrief
(3 WR/2Flex - also have ASJ on bench)

Guys

Doug Martin
James Jones

For

Arian Foster

Yay or Nay

YAY, assuming you're getting Arian Foster, right? Definitely do that. James Jones had 4 targets int he last game. 2 of them were touchdowns, yes, but it's 4 targets. Unless he's getting TDs in every game (which, arguably, he will not be) he's going to have a lot of down weeks. DOug Martin has not produced in the regular season for 3 years, so even if he has some miraculous comeback this year, I think you still can go for the relatively sure thing in Arian Foster when he's back... Which will probably be 1 week from Sunday.

Lol over reaction much?

Trade in my league: Mariota for Peterson

DCX

Jesus, why can't I be in a league like that.....

Eagles defense vs. Cowboys or Chiefs defense vs. Broncos?

I'm leaning Chiefs because if a team like Atlanta could make the Eagles look like trash, I'm not sure going against the Cowboys is going to be much better.

ACE 1991

I'm leaning Chiefs because if a team like Atlanta could make the Eagles look like trash, I'm not sure going against the Cowboys is going to be much better.

Full disclosure: I'm a die-hard Eagles fan

I would think about rolling the dice on the Eagles. We have a lot of talent on this defensive roster (on paper, one of the best front sevens in the league) and the cowboys don't have the star running back now that we poached him. I think a lot of last weeks problems have to deal with scheme, which should be somewhat rectified this week. Also, the loss of Dez Bryant is huge for the Eagles defense; Dallas won't have that guy able to burn our secondary for huge yards every offensive drive. Plus, it's a home game for Philly.

CatBert

Neo Member
My team is riddled with questionables/probables.

I have 2 I'm happy to play, but my other wide receiver options are:
Mike Wallace
Percy Harvin
Eddie Royal

I have Harvin in right now but both him and Wallace are questionable. Who do you think should take my third spot?

Also I'm going to be crazy pissed if Peyton Manning doesn't get his shit together.

Full disclosure: I'm a die-hard Eagles fan

I would think about rolling the dice on the Eagles. We have a lot of talent on this defensive roster (on paper, one of the best front sevens in the league) and the cowboys don't have the star running back now that we poached him. I think a lot of last weeks problems have to deal with scheme, which should be somewhat rectified this week. Also, the loss of Dez Bryant is huge for the Eagles defense; Dallas won't have that guy able to burn our secondary for huge yards every offensive drive. Plus, it's a home game for Philly.

Thanks. I thought about them losing Dez and how it would change the Eagles scheme. It does seem to be a bit of a safer play than going against Peyton. However, I've noticed that the Thursday night games are usually very home team friendly, and the visiting offenses tend to struggle.

I think I'll go with the Eagles and hope for the best.

h3ro

Need some WR2/3 help guys:

Mike Wallace MIN vs Detroit
Nelson Agholar PHI vs Dallas
Tyler Lockett SEA vs GB
Percy Harvin BUF vs NE

Which two would you start? (Antonio Brown is my WR1)

Tyler Lockett SEA vs GB
Percy Harvin BUF vs NE

I'd still be willing to roll out Agholor for another week. He had a forgettable first game, but everybody is still expecting big things from him in a high powered offense. Philly proved that they can move the ball once they got their scheme right against ATL, and I think they can do that against Dallas.

I'm not high on Wallace but Detroits defense seems pretty bad.

New England's pass defense is terrible but Belichick schemes well against inexperienced, sub-par QBs. That said, the Patriots usually give up something on a team, and Harvin could very well have a high target, high reception day. Patriots DBs are slow.

Locker I just don't know anything about to take a guess.

Picked up DeSean Jackson on waivers. Worth stashing on bench until he's healthy?

I did the same thing (well, I have a claim in for him and I imagine I'll get it as the #2 waiver claim). I'm stashing him for 4 weeks... He's a #1 receiver even though he's on a junk team, but they've got to pass the ball somewhere, so I'm gonna hold onto him unless some of my starters get an injury bug. My league snatches players up quickly, the next available best receiver is Michael Floyd and his major 2PPG, so I'm willing to hold onto Jackson for 4 weeks and shift in some less than great players if need be.

Griss

Man I wish I played in a league where people dropped high draft picks after one week like idiots. Unfortunately not.

What was amazing, though, was finding Eifert undrafted. Picked him up right after the draft ended. Between him and Witten my TE spot is looking sweet as a nut. Witten's last second TD won my game last week. Just need Tannehill to warm up and Bell to come back from suspension and we're looking good...

My big question is what the fuck happened with Melvin Gordon? Everyone said he'd get the bulk of the touches but he got less than half. To anyone who watched that game, was that because Woodhead was going off or was it by design? If it was by design then I may have made a bad pick there.

Also wondering whether to play TJ Yeldon vs my phins. We were bad against the run vs Washington, but I feel like they're going to clean that up easily by stopping the overpursuit they had going on. My other options for the flex spot are guys like Tayvon Austin and Kenny Stills that I have no faith in at all. Unless TY Hilton is fit, that is.

Tyler Lockett SEA vs GB
Percy Harvin BUF vs NE

I'd personally go with Wallace as it looked like Teddy was looking for him in that game and I think he'll bounce back in game 2. I don't trust any of the others. Don't think you're looking at big points from any of them anyway, but there it is.

Picked up DeSean Jackson on waivers. Worth stashing on bench until he's healthy?

Depends on how deep your bench is and does your team in need of WR so bad a boom or bust WR is going to make a huge difference? James Jones/Terrence Williams like players will probably give you the same value on high powered offenses compared to a more talented WR in a terrible offense and situation in general.

You don't have the option to pick up a defense like NO against TB do you?

Vegas still has Philly/DAL being one of the highest scoring games this week while DEN/KC is the lowest and its windy as hell so probably going to be even lower but Thursday night games are always hard to predict, I would go KC easy if it weren't a Thursday night game.

My team is riddled with questionables/probables.

I have 2 I'm happy to play, but my other wide receiver options are:
Mike Wallace
Percy Harvin
Eddie Royal

I have Harvin in right now but both him and Wallace are questionable. Who do you think should take my third spot?

Also I'm going to be crazy pissed if Peyton Manning doesn't get his shit together.

If Wallace is healthy he's the choice, he's the kind of player who just needs one long bomb to make the day and considering how much DET gave up through the air last week even a sputtering offense like MIN should have an opportunity to take advantage.

And be prepared to be disappointed in Peyton. That defense + Kubiak's run first mentality if you drafted Peyton as a top 5 QB who's going to get you 55 TD and 5,000 some passing yards it's just not what DEN offense is anymore.

EDIT: VVV
I posted this earlier, but I figured I'd see if I could get another opinion on my 2nd QB.

Alex Smith vs Denver
Ryan Tannehill @ Jacksonville

I've got Smith in now, but I'm having second guesses with the game coming up.

Flacco looked terrible against DEN D he only had a handful of passing first downs that game. Sure Smith has better weapons but that's going to be a low scoring game, Smith's ceiling is much lower than Tannehill. Tannehill won't be playing from behind and JAX isn't some easy walk in the park for QBs just because it's JAX but his floor is much high and has a higher ceiling every week compared to Smith.

I posted this earlier, but I figured I'd see if I could get another opinion on my 2nd QB.

Alex Smith vs Denver
Ryan Tannehill @ Jacksonville

I've got Smith in now, but I'm having second guesses with the game coming up.

Milabrega

McCoy has a hamstring issue, so pick up Karlos Williams in your leagues if he isn't already gone. May still suit up next game, but its going to be a lingering injury and McCoy's had difficulties staying healthy last two seasons. Got him in 1 league someone snatched him last week in another.

In my injury plagued PPR league I need to start 1 RB and 1 flex out of the follow which would you guys go? :

Devonte Freeman
Ronnie Hillman
David Johnson
Nelson Agholor
Devin Funchess - No value yet, stashing in hopes of earning bigger role
Matt Jones - No value yet, stashing in hopes of earning bigger role

Flacco looked terrible against DEN D he only had a handful of passing first downs that game. Sure Smith has better weapons but that's going to be a low scoring game, Smith's ceiling is much lower than Tannehill. Tannehill won't be playing from behind and JAX isn't some easy walk in the park for QBs just because it's JAX but his floor is much high and has a higher ceiling every week compared to Smith.

Thanks for the advice. I'm just worried Miami is going to really run heavy. But then again, Jacksonville. Should at least get double digits out of him.

McCoy has a hamstring issue, so pick up Karlos Williams in your leagues if he isn't already gone. May still suit up next game, but its going to be a lingering injury and McCoy's had difficulties staying healthy last two seasons. Got him in 1 league someone snatched him last week in another.

In my injury plagued PPR league I need to start 1 RB and 1 flex out of the follow which would you guys go? :

Devonte Freeman
Ronnie Hillman
David Johnson
Nelson Agholor
Devin Funchess - No value yet, stashing in hopes of earning bigger role
Matt Jones - No value yet, stashing in hopes of earning bigger role

I'd go Agholor for flex and Johnson for RB. RB was a toss up between Hillman and Johnson but Johnson is going to see more passing plays which helps you out.

Koko

Banned
I'm having a lot of second doubts on my RB2,WR2 and W/R.

Options for RB2:
C.J. Anderson @KC
L. Miller @JAC
T. Yeldon vs MIA
T. Coleman @NYg

Options for WR2:
E. Sanders @KC
K. Allen @CIN
J. Jones vs SEA

All the previous players for W/R.

What do guys think?

mr2xxx

Banned

Options for RB2:
C.J. Anderson @KC
L. Miller @JAC
T. Yeldon vs MIA
T. Coleman @NYg

Options for WR2:
E. Sanders @KC
K. Allen @CIN
J. Jones vs SEA

All the previous players for W/R.

What do guys think?

Miller, Allen

For flex, is it PPR?

TeegsD

Standard league and need help at RB2:

1. Play CJ Anderson
  2. Switch in either R. Jennings, J. Randle, or D. Woodhead
  3. Pick up Hillman and Play him

pharmx

1. Play CJ Anderson

Nothing like last minute decisions....I also need advice whether to play CJ Anderson or not.

My ESPN team:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: C.J. Anderson
RB: Alfred Blue
WR: Randall Cobb
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
TE: Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Flex: Eric Decker
D/ST: Rams
K: Dan Bailey

Bench:
Melvin Gordon (RB)
Delanie Walker (TE)
Colin Kaepernick (QB)
Anquan Boldin (WR)
Charles Sims (RB)
Chargers (D/ST)
Graham Gano (K)

Any and all advice for week 2 is greatly appreciated!

1. Play CJ Anderson

I'd go with Woodhead. Rivers love him and he'll get a lot of work in the running and passing game.

To the guy above, I'd stay with CJ Anderson. I want to see Melvin Gordon get a heavy workload before I start him.

Jeremy Maclin vs DEN or Donte Moncrief vs NYJ for my FLEX? PPR league

I was leaning towards Moncrief, but he may likely be dealing with Revis Island (it's not like Maclin will be dealing with scrub CB's either tho)
Ppr league, Emmanuel Sanders or Amari Cooper?
I'd say Sanders. Peyton obviously trusts him, and I'll take Peyton's tired arm over Carr's hurt hand any day

I should play Peyton tonight if my only other options are the likes of Bridgewater, Taylor, Manziel, Winston, and Cutler, right?

I was leaning towards Moncrief, but he may likely be dealing with Revis Island (it's not like Maclin will be dealing with scrub CB's either tho)

I'd say Sanders. Peyton obviously trusts him, and I'll take Peyton's tired arm over Carr's hurt hand any day
If it were me I think I'd feel safer with Moncrief. I've read Johnson will be on Revis Island. Although it'd definitely make more sense for him to shadow Moncrief.

Also, Broncos D looked great the other day. Smith is gonna be blitzed like crazy. And if Maclin is matched with Talib that'll be no picnic. Oh and there's also the no TDs to a WR since 2013 thing.

Damn my two QBs are Peyton and Bridgewater. I'd love to sit Peyton, who could get killed by KC's defense, but on the other hand I expect Detroit to handle Bridgewater with ease. Assuming of course that he drops back multiple times; if he's simply dumping off passes like Rivers last weekend sure, Minny will have a shot.

2 RB spots is driving me nuts with this crew. Normally I'd start Randle and CJ but with CJ hurt (but allegedly starting tonight) ugh I just don't know. So tempted to sit him for Abdullah. Really like David Johnson too. People will know his name soon.

RB Joseph Randle, Dal RB
RB Ameer Abdullah, Det RB
RB C.J. Anderson, Den RB
RB David Johnson, Ari RB
RB Darren Sproles, Phi RB

Milabrega

Since this is not PPR I would do Sanders, Coleman and Miller. Its a nice roster though I can see you having issues with starting the right guys each week. May want to try to 2 for 1 trade and upgrade to an elite tier guy at either position.

Been offered Kendall Wright for Darren Sproles in a PPR league, should I go for it?

If this years Sproles is anything like last years, he'll be a boom (20+ points) or bust (5 points) type guy. Kendall Wright before the Mariota years was a consistent 8-13 points. Really depends on what your roster slot/needs are and which type of performer you want.

I would find a roster spot for Hillman as a CJ owner, as for who to start this week, I have no clue you have a lot of good options. Highest ceiling is still CJ even with the Toe issue which could linger on if it is turf toe and not a sprain like some places are reporting.

Nothing like last minute decisions....I also need advice whether to play CJ Anderson or not.

Nice line up. Delanie and ASJ are going to be a nightmare for which to start each week but that's a good problem to have. I would still start CJ over Melvin since all signs point to him playing tonight and Melvin hasn't proven he will outscore an injured CJ. CJ's ceiling is still high until the injury/Hillmans carry vulturing proves otherwise.

Ppr league, Emmanuel Sanders or Amari Cooper?

Sanders, D are jumping on the short routes since Peyton hasn't proven he can hit DT long yet, but Sanders still eats up a ton of targets.

Start Olson or Eifert?
After a week where none of my studs passed 7 points I'm legit shook

Flip a coin either is the right answer. I would start Eifert though, barring injury issues.

Gamble and go for the homerun with Moncrief. Revis might go on Allen or even Dorsett if the Colts come out in 3 wide sets. The guy showed promise at the end of last year and now has a limited window to steal the starting job from TY. Colts wouldn't have drafted Moncrief last year or Dorsett this year if they were happy with what they were getting at the position.

pharmx

Nice line up. Delanie and ASJ are going to be a nightmare for which to start each week but that's a good problem to have. I would still start CJ over Melvin since all signs point to him playing tonight and Melvin hasn't proven he will outscore an injured CJ. CJ's ceiling is still high until the injury/Hillmans carry vulturing proves otherwise.

Thanks! Won my matchup week 1, but the upcoming ones look rough.

Koko

Banned
Since this is not PPR I would do Sanders, Coleman and Miller. Its a nice roster though I can see you having issues with starting the right guys each week. May want to try to 2 for 1 trade and upgrade to an elite tier guy at either position.

Well I do have J. Jones and Eddie Lacy as my #1s.

It's a 8 man league so everyone seems to be happy with what they were able to draft. There has been zero trades. I'l try to get Dez for two of my bench players.

Having said that big thanks for the help.

Also thanks to mr2xxx.

Starting CJ Anderson and Ameer Abdullah as Flex. Benching Jeremy Maclin, not liking the matchup.

Anderson is a risk but I have an odd feeling that the Broncos are gonna be much more productive today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom