• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Nook

What do you guys think of the below situation?

10 Team ESPN Standard. No Flex.

Pick 2.

Devonta Freeman vs. Houston
Demarco Murray @ Washington
Justin Forsett @ Pittsburgh
Karlos Williams @ NY Giants
Ameer Abdullah @ Seattle

I'm thinking Freeman / Williams? Yes/No? Thoughts?

I'm so fucking tired of Forsett burning me ... and Demarco coming off an injury.

I would go with Freeman and Williams also.

I recently acquired Andre Ellington last week off waivers because the owner just gave up on him already. I put a bid for both Carr and Tyrod Taylor to back up or maybe even start in place of Peyton Manning. I somehow got both with two small bids because the other owners in the league tried to get them for free or only a few dollars. I asked to trade one of the guys for David Johnson to somewhat handcuff Ellington(although CJ is the true back up) and the owner accepted but I haven't sent the trade yet. Then I finally noticed that Moncrief and Watkins were dropped. Do you guys think I should go after one of those two WR's(leaning heavily towards Moncrief though) or go through with the trade that I offered up?

Have I mentioned yet how much I hate London games?

I'd say I dislike Thursdays and the way they mess everything up too but its actually the best football viewing experience for me.

Alfred Morris/Joique Bell for Steve Smith? Yes or no.

I'm leaning no because I just don't know about Washington and Bell is a corpse.

Joique Bell is like getting nothing. He doesn't do anything now and wont be the handcuff if Abdullah goes down. The guy probably offered the trade cause he wants to get any value he can before just dropping him. And you're taking a risk with Morris at this point. Who knows when Jones takes that offense over. I'd prob decline that unless I really needed RB help right now.

Currently on the streaming TE train, FML. Between these 3

Fleener
Rudolph (could be playing from behind, is leading the Vikings in targets)
Maxx Williams

???

If Davy Crockett Gilmore is out I'd roll with Williams. Rudolph is normally the safest play probably but Bridgewater against that Denver D in Denver would scare me. And Fleener you just can't trust even as the sole TE (believe me I know). One day he'll go for 70 and 2 TDs and the next he wont even get a pass his way. Ravens vs a squishy Pitt D, who doesn't defend TEs well could be good.

Is Percy Harvin worth picking up? Someone dropped him in my league today.

My WRs:
Julio Jones
Allen Robinson
Rishard Matthews
Golden Tate

Joique Bell is like getting nothing. He doesn't do antyhing now and wont be the handcuff if Abdullah goes down. And you're taking a risk with Morris at this point. Who knows when Jones takes that offense over. I'd prob decline that unless I really needed RB help right now.

I dropped Bell and as a Morris owner, I would not see him as an attractive trade offer at this point.

My WR are good (Larry, Smith and Thomas as well as Cooper and Cruz and hopefully Bryant. He got dropped in my league so hopefully I can pick him up, but I doubt I get him as I'm 7th in the waiver wire.

My RBs
TJ Yeldon
Jonathan Stewart
Matt Jones
Chris Johnson

Not great, but I'll wait.

My WR are good (Larry, Smith and Thomas as well as Cooper and Cruz and hopefully Bryant. He got dropped in my league so hopefully I can pick him up, but I doubt I get him as I'm 7th in the waiver wire.

My RBs
TJ Yeldon
Jonathan Stewart
Matt Jones
Chris Johnson

Not great, but I'll wait.
What about Lance Dunbar or Antonio Andrews - are those guys available on your league's waivers? They'd be worth a pick up if you really want someone. I think Dunbar especially could be good until Romo/Dez are back.

I've been offered Dion Lewis for Jeremy Hill. Should I take it?

I keep hoping that Hill will snap out of this funk. Dion is on a bye this week and I have either Sankey, R Jennings or Powell to cover for him if I took the trade.

What about Lance Dunbar or Antonio Andrews - are those guys available on your league's waivers? They'd be worth a pick up if you really want someone. I think Dunbar especially could be good until Romo/Dez are back.

I'm thinking about it. They both are available at the moment. I just have to figure out who I drop on the off chance I do actually get Dez.

VoxPop

I keep hoping that Hill will snap out of this funk. Dion is on a bye this week and I have either Sankey, R Jennings or Powell to cover for him if I took the trade.

I would just keep Hill and hope for the best. The Patriots backfield is a gamble every week (although Dion looks like the top guy there) and it's just not worth it. I would try to trade those 3 for a decent RB2 though.

MikeRahl

I would just keep Hill and hope for the best. The Patriots backfield is a gamble every week (although Dion looks like the top guy there) and it's just not worth it. I would try to trade those 3 for a decent RB2 though.

NE Rbs are a risky proposition at the best of times. Blount getting 3 TDs last week doesn't make things any clearer either...

Guy who offered me Lynch came back with Charles and K. Allen for Lynch and Maclin. At least he's... trying I guess? Claims that I get the better receiver and he gets the better back unless Lynch picks up... some people ha.

NE Rbs are a risky proposition at the best of times. Blount getting 3 TDs last week doesn't make things any clearer either...

Guy who offered me Lynch came back with Charles and K. Allen for Lynch and Maclin. At least he's... trying I guess? Claims that I get the better receiver and he gets the better back unless Lynch picks up... some people ha.

This is what you should send back to him

http://youtu.be/_KqqRPvM_Sw

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Gave up Matt Prater as kicker. Was tough. Love the guy but Detroit can't get the guy into kicking range. Which is really sad considering how far the guy can kick.

Picked up Josh Brown. Giants seem to be doing good at getting into range, but not finishing the drive.

would you guys trade Tyrod (my player) for Karlos Williams? Makes my starting QB Andy Dalton until Brees is back.

EDIT: Karlos would prob be my RB2 until J Hill or C Anderson wake up

EDIT2: maybe smarter to dangle Andy?

UberTag

would you guys trade Tyrod (my player) for Karlos Williams? Makes my starting QB Andy Dalton until Brees is back.

EDIT: Karlos would prob be my RB2 until J Hill or C Anderson wake up

EDIT2: maybe smarter to dangle Andy?
If you can trade either T-Mobile or Dalton for Karlos, you should definitely do it.

UberTag

Who would you part with?
It's kind of a crapshoot either way to be honest... especially seeing how you have Brees.

Might be better to tailor your offer to what would be in the Karlos Williams' owner's best interests. What QB does he have? Do they have a bye week that conflicts with T-Mobile or Dalton? Do they have a particular preference one way or the other?

For your own interest, Dalton is on the road against the stiff 'Zona defense during Brees' Week 11 bye and T-Mobile is at New England the same week. I would clearly want Taylor under those circumstances... especially given the stellar showing he had against the Patriots in Week 2.

So I would dangle Dalton. But that may not be the best fit for the person you're trying to pry Karlos away from.

Omadahl

Banned
I've got a stable of WR in a ppr league. I can't decide who rides pine this week: Steve Smith, Keenan Allen, or Jordan Matthews? I'm tempted to put Matthews, only because the Eagles have been really lackluster and Smith has been on fire.

methane47

I'm in need of TE and FLEX for this week
I have L.Green TE and E.Decker WR and both are questionable this week And Gronk is on Bye

and G.Barnidge TE, Alfred Blue RB, C.Fleener TE and Maxx Williams TE are all available on the Wire

should i pick up two? if so who?

toneroni

I recently acquired Andre Ellington last week off waivers because the owner just gave up on him already. I put a bid for both Carr and Tyrod Taylor to back up or maybe even start in place of Peyton Manning. I somehow got both with two small bids because the other owners in the league tried to get them for free or only a few dollars. I asked to trade one of the guys for David Johnson to somewhat handcuff Ellington(although CJ is the true back up) and the owner accepted but I haven't sent the trade yet. Then I finally noticed that Moncrief and Watkins were dropped. Do you guys think I should go after one of those two WR's(leaning heavily towards Moncrief though) or go through with the trade that I offered up?
I'd drop carr for moncrief easily. David Johnson could be explosive though but I hate RBBC.

I'm hurting at TE with Donnell and Ertz
Trying to get either Jordan reed or Jimmy Graham from a guy that needs RBs and WRs

I'm gonna try for a 2 for 1.
What do you guys think my package should be?
Rbs: Melvin, Cj, Jennings and Ingram
WRs: demaryious, smith sr, Landry, moncrief, r. Matthews, and Marvin jones.

Was thinking of packaging like Jennings/Matthews for reed.

Or just drop one of my TEs for Coby Fleener ugh

toneroni

I've got a stable of WR in a ppr league. I can't decide who rides pine this week: Steve Smith, Keenan Allen, or Jordan Matthews? I'm tempted to put Matthews, only because the Eagles have been really lackluster and Smith has been on fire.
No way would you sit Steve Smith. Jordan Matthews hits th bench

UberTag

Ride Smith while he's on fire. Just be sure to have your crystal ball handy to know precisely when his legs are about to give out on him so you can sell high and cut bait before he becomes a liability. It happened last year and it'll happen this year as well. Also makes sense to bench Matthews while there are question marks surrounding that game getting played due to Hurricane Joaquin (I'm expecting it'll still go on this week; just might be delayed until Monday or Tuesday).

I have L.Green TE and E.Decker WR and both are questionable this week And Gronk is on Bye

and G.Barnidge TE, Alfred Blue RB, C.Fleener TE and Maxx Williams TE are all available on the Wire

Decker definitely isn't looking promising (especially given his injury history).
The Chargers are optimistic about Green (as they cut Kyle Miller). I suspect they'll trot him out there although he may well get concussed for the 3rd time this month.

I like Williams the most out of your cited TE options but you'll have to make a call on him early as he plays tomorrow night.
If you want to hold out for Green's admittedly higher upside, grabbing Fleener for insurance would be the way to go.
Barnidge's numbers spiked last week due to the Raiders matchup. I wouldn't consider him reliable.

I have to imagine you have more on your wire for flex consideration that Alfred Blue.
The Texans seem internally optimistic that Foster will go this week but there won't be clarity on him until late Saturday at the earliest.

Trying to get either Jordan reed or Jimmy Graham from a guy that needs RBs and WRs

Or just drop one of my TEs for Coby Fleener ugh
Tight End is depressingly shallow once again this year apart from frustrating and inconsistent options that will only go off when you don't start them.
If you can pay for an upgrade, do it. If you're able to flip Matthews and a scrub for one, you'll be having better luck than I have.

Are those the two you are dropping? I haven't been keeping up with Green's second concussion so know idea if he's even an option.

Definitely Blue if Foster doesn't play, they are playing ATL who let the DAL run all over them for a half. Who are your other flex options? Anything like Allen Hurns or Ty Montgomery or Ted Ginn? I guess it makes a difference if it's PPR or standard

For a TE, I'd lean toward Max probably a better match up vs PIT

NE runnings back are flavor of the month.

How many games does will it take to convince people Dion Lewis is a RB1 and Hill's in a committee with value based on game script? Week 6, Week 8?

Hill's going to be similar to Blount, when the games out of hand he'll be used to manage the clock. But now that Dalton has all these healthy targets they don't have to rely on pounding the running game to score.

Lewis has the starting job on the best offense in the league. He could have been Belichicked out of the game twice already but they stuck with butterfingers.

It's a tough question because when do you accept this year's reality and put last year behind you?

This isn't the week to bench Smith against PIT. Matthews is out til Bradford figures out how to throw to someone more than 5 feet away from him.

I doubt he bites but it doesn't hurt to ask. Unless he views that as a lowball b.s. offer and doesn't take you seriously after that.

Crockett Gillmore isn't available, someone might have dropped him because of the injury or the obvious Gates or J Thomas preemptive add. Because yeah you might need to sell high on Steve Smith Sr or Moncrief to get a TE. You either have points wasted on the bench with 4 WR and worthless TE starting or you have 3 WR and a potential top 5 TE giving you points while he's healthy. I'd get rid of Smith before he fades like last year.

Frank Gore or Mark Ingram at RB2?

Also, I have Stafford at QB since Mariota is on bye. Waiver wire is pretty empty right now. Stick with Stafford or take a chance on Vick tonight?

Someone just dropped Davante Adams in my PPR league - who should I drop to get him? The candidates are ...

Terrance Williams
Anquan Boldin
Allen Hurns
Marvin Jones
Knile Davis

Would you drop any of these for Davante?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Any suggestions before the week starts, GAF? I keep wanting to put Dalton in since he's got more points thus far than anyone else on my team (and Wilson's been kinda meh so far), but at the same time I'm never comfortable having three Bengals in my starting lineup.

aKcIwO0.jpg

toneroni

Someone just dropped Davante Adams in my PPR league - who should I drop to get him? The candidates are ...

Terrance Williams
Anquan Boldin
Allen Hurns
Marvin Jones
Knile Davis

I'd drop hurns for davante just in case he picks it up

toneroni

Thanks for the TE advice.
The reason I loaded up on WR was that we play 2 WR and 2 flex in PPR.
The other guy is 0-3 with 2 good TE but terrible WR/RB.
He's willing to take Matthews but wants a better RB.
Who do I offer? My RBs aren't that great.
Moncrief is also going to be better long term than matthews right? Figure his targets are going to dip.

Also should I be going after Reed or Graham? Think I'll def need to up my offer for Jimmy.
No good TEs on waiver. One guy does have Witten, gates and Owen Daniels. Should I try trading for one of those instead?

Also my wife's work team was auto drafted since we couldn't make it. We have like no WR but have Gronk, Graham and Eifert. Need to trade but people don't really trade much there. Wish I could take one for my team lol

keezy

Don't know which 2 QB's to play.

Manning
Flacco
Taylor

Definitely going to play Tyrod Taylor... Just need that 2nd QB. Leaning towards Flacco.

Terrance Williams
Anquan Boldin
Allen Hurns
Marvin Jones
Knile Davis

I'm not high on Davante. He has PPR value and should be owned in that format, but he's otherwise just a rookie guy playing in the slot, which means he's behind Cobb, Jones, Lacy, and maybe even Starks unless they are playing a defense that can totally crack down on throwing past the sticks. So far, nobody has managed to slow the Packers offense, which means Adams has little use. (And he is hurt.)

Still, I would totally drop Hurns (1) and then Davis (2) although it depends if you are a WR heavy league or you need the lottery ticket at RB. To me in most leagues Knile has no value. Hurns has little value.

Frank Gore or Mark Ingram at RB2?

Also, I have Stafford at QB since Mariota is on bye. Waiver wire is pretty empty right now. Stick with Stafford or take a chance on Vick tonight?

Sigh. Probably Gore. The Colts are a mess but they have also played two of the top 5 NFL defenses so far. I think the floor on Gore is 40 yards, but he has a great chance of getting a touchdown. On Ingram I really think he will see 100 yards split between rush/receiving again, but unless Brees is healthy a touchdown could be hard to find. Not happy either way though.

I think ESPN has unanimously picked Vick over Stafford this week. A way better matchup and Vick has nothing but weapons to use. I think Stafford is being discounted because junk time is coming, but still...ESPN, CBS, a few other places...everybody is saying Vick. So there you go...

NE runnings back are flavor of the month.

I would agree, but this time we have two very defined backs:

Lewis is the receiver. Brady is throwing all the time and Lewis is a prime target. So he's really just a WR in my mind, and he will stay on the field so long as he's not hurt.

Blount is the junktime back / change of pace guy in the redzone.

Even if Belichick doesn't call a run once, Lewis could still have 90 yards and two scores. So I feel really confident about his usage, at least until he fumbles and/or sleeps in.

Not sure what to do for my RB3/Flex this week - please help!

I have a choice of:

Isaiah Crowell
Justin Forsett
Thomas Rawls
Matt Jones
Lamar Miller

Any ideas?

UberTag

Even if Belichick doesn't call a run once, Lewis could still have 90 yards and two scores. So I feel really confident about his usage, at least until he fumbles and/or sleeps in.
I'm not even worried about the fumbling too much (provided he dials it down from 2 every 3 games). Belichick prioritizes work ethic above all else. That's why he soured so drastically on the likes of Ridley and Gray... even if fumbling was often cited as an excuse. So long as Dion is engaged and looking to improve, I suspect he'll continue to be utilized (apart from the red zone... that's Blount's neighborhood).

I think the risk with Dion is that the Pats get in more of these blowouts and elect to rest him for James White. They rested both Dion and Gronk last week once the game got out of hand... but he's still going to be viable so long as he gets his damage in early. Especially in PPR.

I need a one-week quarterback and there are no options. Someone just tell me Vick won't be a complete disaster. It feels like it could be one tonight.

UberTag

I need a one-week quarterback and there are no options. Someone just tell me Vick won't be a complete disaster. It feels like it could be one tonight.
Thursday night games are almost always a disaster.
That said... what are your other options? And are you looking for something safe due to a projected lead or close matchup or are you already projected to lose by a significant margin?
There's a situational risk/reward aspect to fantasy that will alter who you go with on any given week. It's not necessarily always going to be start player A over player B regardless of the circumstances.
Sometimes you need a high ceiling. And sometimes you need a high floor.

Tom Nook

Help on choosing a FLEX from this list:

Brandin Cooks vs DAL
Matt Jones vs PHI
Thomas Rawls vs DET
Nelson Agholor @ WASH

Currently starting Cooks but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks

Thursday night games are almost always a disaster.
That said... what are your other options? And are you looking for something safe due to a projected lead or close matchup or are you already projected to lose by a significant margin?
There's a situational risk/reward aspect to fantasy that will alter who you go with on any given week. It's not necessarily always going to be start player A over player B regardless of the circumstances.
Sometimes you need a high ceiling. And sometimes you need a high floor.

That's a good way of looking at it. But it's going to be a tight weekend unless carlos hyde bounces back. It's a deep league and other than Vick the only starting QB's available are Jameis Winston and Blake Bortles. I'd be rolling the dice with any of them.

Should I put Smith in.. I honestly don't know

I have thomas, Amari, and Larry in my line up now. If I should start Steve for tonight, who should I take out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom