• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

methane47

Decker definitely isn't looking promising (especially given his injury history).
The Chargers are optimistic about Green (as they cut Kyle Miller). I suspect they'll trot him out there although he may well get concussed for the 3rd time this month.

I like Williams the most out of your cited TE options but you'll have to make a call on him early as he plays tomorrow night.
If you want to hold out for Green's admittedly higher upside, grabbing Fleener for insurance would be the way to go.
Barnidge's numbers spiked last week due to the Raiders matchup. I wouldn't consider him reliable.

I have to imagine you have more on your wire for flex consideration that Alfred Blue.
The Texans seem internally optimistic that Foster will go this week but there won't be clarity on him until late Saturday at the earliest.

Are those the two you are dropping? I haven't been keeping up with Green's second concussion so know idea if he's even an option.

Definitely Blue if Foster doesn't play, they are playing ATL who let the DAL run all over them for a half. Who are your other flex options? Anything like Allen Hurns or Ty Montgomery or Ted Ginn? I guess it makes a difference if it's PPR or standard

For a TE, I'd lean toward Max probably a better match up vs PIT

Thanks for the Advice guys. I'm playing in a 14 team league soooo Waiver is THINNN none of those guys are available.

I'll go ahead and pick up Maxx and drop Tre Mason or Tyler Lockett

Is it time to move on from spiller or is there a shot he gets at the very least 8 or so a week.
I think it's too early. He's being eased back in and we haven't see him or Brees healthy at the same time yet. I'm holding for at least two more weeks the upside is worth it to take a wait and see approach.

CJ and r. Matthews for Jimmy Graham?
Seems like a lot since I think CJ will pick it up.

I'm assuming this is CJ Anderson and if you think he's going to turn it around then no, don't do it.

Unless they rest CJ for a couple of weeks and get him healthy and Kubiaks new O-line gels into something respectable, it's hard seeing him return RB1 value. I'm not that high on Graham either but if you think he's a lock for top 2 TE production I think it's worth the risk.

UberTag

That's a good way of looking at it. But it's going to be a tight weekend unless carlos hyde bounces back. It's a deep league and other than Vick the only starting QB's available are Jameis Winston and Blake Bortles. I'd be rolling the dice with any of them.
Winston against the Panthers is definitely out of the question.
I think Bortles might have a higher floor than Vick. But Vick clearly has the higher ceiling.

Id go demaryious and ride Smith another week.
Amari should have a good game but Fitz is looking awesome too. Tough one!

I know. I was so bummed when I had smith sit last week and he went off and made Cooper's numbers look like trash. I honestly don't know who to pick and they all have okay matchups.

UberTag

I know. I was so bummed when I had smith sit last week and he went off and made Cooper's numbers look like trash. I honestly don't know who to pick
If you're in a shallow 8-10 team league and have that kind of firepower at your disposal, players are going to go off on your bench all the time. It's unavoidable so don't let it get to you too much. Frankly, it's a nice problem to have in fantasy.

If you're in a shallow 8-10 team league and have that kind of firepower at your disposal, players are going to go off on your bench all the time. It's unavoidable so don't let it get to you too much.

Yeah I'm in a 12 team league. Compared to everyone, I probably would say that I have the best wr group. I hope I pick up Dez of the waiver wire so I can hoard him. I doubt I will because I'm so low on the waiver wire. (7th)

I wish Victor would come back and be relatively productive, but I'm thinking I might drop him in a week or two if there is no more positive news.

I think I am between sitting smith again and putting Larry on the bench due to St Louis having an okay defense.

phanphare

Banned
Larry Fitz
Steve Smith
Demariyus Thomas
Amari Cooper

Pick 3

fitz and smith are the no brainers. I'd go cooper over thomas honestly. looks like it could be a good match up, carr has looked good, cooper has looked good, the bears shouldn't have any semblance of hope for this season and they just traded away two of their defenders.

you really can't go wrong as long as you roll with fitz and smitty imo

UberTag

Yeah I'm in a 12 team league. Compared to everyone, I probably would say that I have the best wr group. I hope I pick up Dez of the waiver wire so I can hoard him. I doubt I will because I'm so low on the waiver wire. (7th)

I wish Victor would come back and be relatively productive, but I'm thinking I might drop him in a week or two if there is no more positive news.

I think I am between sitting smith again and putting Larry on the bench due to St Louis having an okay defense.
No active receiver has scored more TDs against a single franchise than Fitzgerald has against the Rams. And they've had an "okay" defense in a lot of those games.

I'm with phanphare on sitting DT.

Koko

Banned
There is this trade proposal around the league:

Dez Bryant for Chris Ivory.

I voted against as soon as I saw it. The guy receiving Dez is already 3-0 I don't want to see him with another Tier 1 WR that could help him during the playoffs.

natjjohn

I voted against as soon as I saw it. The guy receiving Dez is already 3-0 I don't want to see him with another Tier 1 WR that could help him during the playoffs.

Lame move on your part....

fitz and smith are the no brainers. I'd go cooper over thomas honestly. looks like it could be a good match up, carr has looked good, cooper has looked good, the bears shouldn't have any semblance of hope for this season and they just traded away two of their defenders.

you really can't go wrong as long as you roll with fitz and smitty imo

No active receiver has scored more TDs against a single franchise than Fitzgerald has against the Rams. And they've had an "okay" defense in a lot of those games.

I'm with phanphare on sitting DT.

Good points.. It seems like good solid reasoning. It also seems like Sanders is getting more from Peyton than Thomas. I am hesitant is all because I got Demariyus as a higher pick due to all the running backs being taken early in my draft is all.

I will have him sit on my bench for now. Thank you all for the help.

That's no reason to veto a trade. I wouldn't really trust taking Dez at this point but that's a fair trade.

UberTag

That's no reason to veto a trade. I wouldn't really trust taking Dez at this point but that's a fair trade.
Agreed. Vetoing a trade is poor form unless there's blatant collusion going on.
If I was 3-0 and set at certain positions, I'd be trying to trade for Dez too.

The only time I've vetoed a trade was when one dude who was out of playoff contention was trading his best player to his friend who was gonna make it to the playoffs. I don't remember the players anymore but it was an AP for a waiver wire guy type situation.

Koko

Banned
Agreed. Vetoing a trade is poor form unless there's blatant collusion going on.

Well that's what I'm afraid of. He received way better trades in the past and he kept reject them. Earlier this week he was still asking for WR + RB for Dez and now all of the sudden he wants to make this specific trade???

Yeah dick/lame move from my part, but majority wins so the trade would probably go.

toneroni

Good points.. It seems like good solid reasoning. It also seems like Sanders is getting more from Peyton than Thomas. I am hesitant is all because I got Demariyus as a higher pick due to all the running backs being taken early in my draft is all.

I will have him sit on my bench for now. Thank you all for the help.
Sanders targets are going down I believe and DT has been going up. His last game was his best all season! But it's a good problem to have with these great WRs.

Do you guys think Jimmy or Reed will be better over the course of the season? PPR league.

UberTag

Do you guys think Jimmy or Reed will be better over the course of the season? PPR league.
Probably Graham... even though I think Reed outscores him so long as he remains healthy.
The problem with Reed is that he hasn't shown he can get through a full season without getting nicked up... and, until he does, I'm not comfortable putting all of my eggs in his basket.

toneroni

Probably Graham... even though I think Reed outscores him so long as he remains healthy.
The problem with Reed is that he hasn't shown he can get through a full season without getting nicked up... and, until he does, I'm not comfortable putting all of my eggs in his basket.
Thanks - was leaning towards Graham if he wants CJ.

You guys watching the game? Nice block from Vick lol

Edwardo

What do you think about Julius Thomas? Someone in my league said he'll offer me Eifert and a decent receiver for Julius and a worse receiver or rb. It's my 14 team half ppr league.

I have Ladarius Green now, but I'll need someone to replace him when Antonio Gates comes back.

UberTag

What do you think about Julius Thomas? Someone in my league said he'll offer me Eifert and a decent receiver for Julius and a worse receiver or rb. It's my 14 team half ppr league.

I have Ladarius Green now, but I'll need someone to replace him when Antonio Gates comes back.
I would take that deal in a heartbeat. Eifert > Thomas.

RBH

Colts QB Andrew Luck threw a little before practice today but the Colts shut him down for the day, per league source. It is unlikely Luck throws much, or at all, before Sunday. Luck is now considered legitimately questionable to play Sunday vs Jaguars. Another factor in the Colts' decision will be that they will play again Thursday night against the Texans.
http://t.co/vnWcDWGkNY

UberTag

I scooped up Eli as insurance in the 10-team league I own Luck.
Seriously regret winding up with him this year but it was an auction draft and he was the clear class of the field that wasn't a locked-in keeper.
I suspect he's got more serious injuries the Colts aren't being up front about.

toneroni

I scooped up Eli as insurance in the 10-team league I own Luck.
Seriously regret winding up with him this year but it was an auction draft and he was the clear class of the field that wasn't a locked-in keeper.
I suspect he's got more serious injuries the Colts aren't being up front about.
Damnit, I have luck in a 2qb league.
Drafted him fairly high too. Shoulda picked Rodgers lol.
Guess I'm rolling with Tannehill and Foles (had a shot to pick up Tyrod a few weeks ago but picked Foles instead ugh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom