• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have been offered (receiving) DeMarco Murray and Anquan Boldin for (giving up) Lagarrette Blount and Steve Johnson.

I'm thinking I take it. Think Murray will stay healthy the rest of the season?

Darkman M

It's tough because I guess we really don't now what Mike Vick we'll see out there. Bell has a high floor with all of the passes he catches, and Brown is already great too. Eifert should come back and do well. It's hard to trust Hyde if the 49ers are playing from behind. He might lose some snaps when Bush comes back too. I say do it. IMO Bell is the best running back in the league.

Who are you replacing Big Ben with?

I have Dalton

Nafai1123

Banned
Debating whether I should pick up Rishard Matthews. You guys think he's worth dropping any of these players for? On my bench I currently have:

A. Morris
V. Jackson
G. Tate
G. Bernard
D. Lewis
M. Jones
T. Gurley

I'm thinking of dropping either Jackson or Tate. Leaning towards Tate since Calvin Johnson seems to be getting most of the attention.

My two QB's are Stafford and Mariotta. With TEN on a bye I do not feel confident starting Stafford against Seattle. What do you guys think about starting Fitzpatrick this week? He's averaged 18.6 points in my league and the guy im matched up against this week has Brandon Marshall. Only other options from FA would be Vick, which is risky, or Kapernick.

Debating whether I should pick up Rishard Matthews. You guys think he's worth dropping any of these players for? On my bench I currently have:

A. Morris
V. Jackson
G. Tate
G. Bernard
D. Lewis
M. Jones
T. Gurley

I'm thinking of dropping either Jackson or Tate. Leaning towards Tate since Calvin Johnson seems to be getting most of the attention.

Do a two man trade instead... Golden Tate + Matt Jones for someone, then try to pick up Rishard Matthews.

Only guys I'd consider dropping for Matthews on that list is Matt Jones, but even then I think you could go with any of them. They're both capable of putting up ~20 points in a week or 0 points in a week. Matthews has a higher floor than Matt Jones.

I probably wouldn't take that trade, personally.

Yeah, I'll have to give this one some thought. It's one thing that Murray hasn't been playing well, but now I also have to think about that hamstring injury. Blount got all of the goal line carries last week, but Belichick always seems unpredictable with his RBs.

I'm kind of insulted nobody else bid in the 90's. Here's a guy who has produced every week despite being the #2. He is the #10 RB in fantasy _right now_, on a team that loves to run and is defense first. AND he may start this week in a great matchup.

I mean, it's not as flashy a way into the lineup as guy X going to IR and his backup taking his place, but this is the kind of guy you need to overpay heavily for. And because all of my RBs have otherwise just done nothing this year, the whole league should have known I would bet big. I actually was worried I might lose, since I saved $1 and several people had the full $100 to work with.

Of course, I need to deal Yeldon or something now, but that's a much smaller problem than being 0-3 with the most points against.
Blowing almost a seasons' worth of FAAB money on a guy who will be a RB2 at best most weeks is astounding. Basically you can never get a guy on waivers the rest on the year now, when you make a move like that you're kinda saying that a) the rest of your team is pretty solid b) you are confident you can make any trade at any time. I'm not so sure about the former and the latter is impossible to predict.

You're also gambling that your guys stay healthy, an injury to a key guy would end your season. Then again, so could a loss so I guess that's a wash.

MikeRahl

That CBSSports link with trade values is pretty interesting.

I always play public yahoo leagues and never get to make trades which is always frustrating.

Someone offered me Lynch and Maclin in exchange for Charles and Fitzgerald because "the bye weeks are the same and my guys are ranked higher than yours". Maybe that is why I don't get to make trades. I countered with Jeremy Hill and Mike Evans, both who are on my bench right now but I am going to guess he is just going to reject it.

Such is life.

I always play public yahoo leagues and never get to make trades which is always frustrating.

Someone offered me Lynch and Maclin in exchange for Charles and Fitzgerald because "the bye weeks are the same and my guys are ranked higher than yours". Maybe that is why I don't get to make trades. I countered with Jeremy Hill and Mike Evans, both who are on my bench right now but I am going to guess he is just going to reject it.

Such is life.
That trade he offered is straight garbage.

If you want to make a trade just for making a trade, don't do it. The goal early on is to improve your depth and stockpile so you have options.

I have to make some room for a defense. Have three of the those guys I would be willing to part with:

- Kendall Wright
- Stevie Johnson
- Justin Forsett

I am relatively loaded at RB (Lacy, Murray, Dion Lewis, Forsett and Yeldon) and WR I have Julio Jones, Jeffery, the two above, and either Boldin/Watkins (Watkins, if the waiver claim goes through tomorrow).

I have been thoroughly disappointed in Forsett/Ravens so far this year so leaning towards dropping him, but that last game by Stevie Johnson was rather alarming too and I can't help but think that once the O-Line is in better shape, that Forsett will start to produce more.

I have to make some room for a defense. Have three of the those guys I would be willing to part with:

- Kendall Wright
- Stevie Johnson
- Justin Forsett

I am relatively loaded at RB (Lacy, Murray, Dion Lewis and Yeldon) and at WR I have Julio Jones, Jeffery, the two above, and either Boldin/Watkins (if the waiver claim goes through tomorrow).

I have been thoroughly disappointed in Forsett/Ravens so far this year so leaning towards dropping him, but that last game by Stevie Johnson was rather alarming too.
If you want to drop a guy who wasn't a low draft pick, look to trade him first IMHO. I don't know the league you are in/setup, but all those guys have value.

Blowing almost a seasons' worth of FAAB money on a guy who will be a RB2 at best most weeks is astounding.

Not sure how you see that. The guys who think their teams are completely solid are standing pat on their dollars, either waiver surfing defense or just flat out holding out for a difference maker. The guys spending have obvious gaps to fill if they want to make the playoffs (like me) and/or they see the guy they are picking up as that difference maker.

Let's take a look:
* Does McCoy have a lingering injury? Yes, and if he has a setback, he could be out longer. Or the season.
* Could he miss this week, when I need a win the most? Yes
* Is Karlos Williams relevant even when he's not the starter? Yes
* Has he outscored McCoy this season? Yes

Take a look at a random scattering of Rest-of-Season rankings and you'll see I'm not the only one drinking the kool-aid.

Basically you can never get a guy on waivers the rest on the year now, when you make a move like that you're kinda saying that a) the rest of your team is pretty solid b) you are confident you can make any trade at any time. I'm not so sure about the former and the latter is impossible to predict.

Of course I can. But I have to bid 1 or zero, which are still valid bids. But I have the guy, which is more valuable to me than 20 extra faab bucks I could maybe spend on somebody's third receiver.

If you don't want to make moves and tank your season that way, be my guest. At least you didn't do something stupid like try to pawn Davante Adams off on me. (Not gonna name names on that one)

Besides, look at the waiver wire right now and tell me who will be the next difference maker. It's possible we've already seen them all this season, and the rest are guys already sitting on player's benches or roster. Tre Mason, Denard Robinson, ODB; those guys could already be gone as Karlos, James Jones, Donte Moncrief, Dion Lewis, and Matt Jones.

Several sites do Rest of Season rankings, and many also show trade value because it's intrinsically more useful than just a ranking number. Obviously the trick is you can't assume someone else assigns the same amount of value, but it is useful.

Someone offered me Lynch and Maclin in exchange for Charles and Fitzgerald because "the bye weeks are the same and my guys are ranked higher than yours".[/quote]

LOL well best of luck to him. But this is why I don't play public leagues unless money is involved.

Yeah, I'll have to give this one some thought. It's one thing that Murray hasn't been playing well, but now I also have to think about that hamstring injury. Blount got all of the goal line carries last week, but Belichick always seems unpredictable with his RBs.

I would do it in a heartbeat. Hyde is a struggling RB2 who's matchup dependent. Bell can slot in every week from now to the end of the year. Eifert would be a hit but chances are there are some waiver guys that could help you out?

I do agree it's a danger to have those eggs in the same basket, so the question is how good do you feel about your record until Big Ben gets back?

MikeRahl

That trade he offered is straight garbage.

If you want to make a trade just for making a trade, don't do it. The goal early on is to improve your depth and stockpile so you have options.

Oh yeah is it ever garbage.

In that league my Receivers right now are Allen, Fitzgerald, Evans, Cooks and Decker. Running backs are Charles, Freeman, Gore and Hill.

Not sure I trust Evans with Winston, and Hill doesn't seem to be doing anything and Bernard will be taking alot of touches. I think it would be worth taking the risk that Lynch figures it out and Smith can actually find a WR in the endzone more than once every 2 years.

My trade is going to be rejected anyways because I don't think he will see the upgrade on his side from Maclin to Evans is worth going down to Hill from Lynch. Although Lynch and Maclin share a bye week so who knows.

UberTag

I'm kind of insulted nobody else bid in the 90's. Here's a guy who has produced every week despite being the #2. He is the #10 RB in fantasy _right now_, on a team that loves to run and is defense first. AND he may start this week in a great matchup.
I would have bid in the 90s had I had enough budget to do it. I blew $11 last week on Crockett Gillmore and he got himself hurt. What a waste.
Kudos to you on your pickup. Definitely think Karlos was worth breaking the bank for.

OK, so Lynch is 50-50 to start....on Monday night. Do I burn my #4 waiver on Rawls just in case they scratch him?
If you own Lynch? Yes. Burn away.
If you don't own Lynch (or another back you can sub in like Abdullah)? You're rolling the dice.

If you want to drop a guy who wasn't a low draft pick, look to trade him first IMHO. I don't know the league you are in/setup, but all those guys have value.

Issue is I need to make up some roster space to get a defense, so I need to drop someone. Who, though?

I don't want to drop Forsett necessarily, given I drafted him in the top 5 rounds, but he's terrible at the moment and I don't see how they will improve given how terrible the playcalling/coaching is.

BTW, playing in 0.5 PPR, 10-team league (so not really deep), making trade possibilities very narrow. Besides, not sure Forsett has much value at the moment.

OK, so Lynch is 50-50 to start....on Monday night. Do I burn my #4 waiver on Rawls just in case they scratch him?

Unless you have a solid option, I would, because the Seahawks play monday night.

I would have bid in the 90s had I had enough budget to do it. I blew $11 last week on Crockett Gillmore and he got himself hurt. What a waste.
Kudos to you on your pickup. Definitely think Karlos was worth breaking the bank for.

Well, maybe he's not. Maybe McCoy heals up and is spectacular. But everything points to "no", and he was obviously being picked up this week, so better to pay big time now than never. I mean, I'm not exactly seeing a lot of potential difference makers left on the wire right now; our league is clearing up the prospects pretty quickly.

I ran Crockett last week in another league so I feel your pain. Actually just swapped in Maxx Williams but not feeling great about it. TE depth is abysmal this year.

TylerD

I thought I would take a shot at dropping Pierre Garcon for Karlos Williams last night thinking I had no shot since I was #7 on waivers and woke up this morning with him.

I fell much better about my RBs now.

Demarco Murray
Frank Gore
Isaiah Crowell
Karlos Williams
David Johnson

Guy I'm playing this week has one TE and DEF and both are bye (Titans)

4-0 looking very promising

Issue is I need to make up some roster space to get a defense, so I need to drop someone. Who, though?

I don't want to drop Forsett necessarily, given I drafted him in the top 5 rounds, but he's terrible at the moment and I don't see how they will improve given how terrible the playcalling/coaching is.

BTW, playing in 0.5 PPR, 10-team league (so not really deep), making trade possibilities very narrow. Besides, not sure Forsett has much value at the moment.
Yeah drop Forsett.

Apath

I'm at a bit of a crossroads here in terms of my RB selection. Here is my team in a half-PPR league:
Ts7ejy6.png
Karlos Williams is a lock, but between Alfred Morris, Lamar Miller and Matt Jones, I'm not sure who should get the start. I have a gut feeling it would be Alfred Morris/Matt Jones > Lamar Miller > Alfred Morris/Matt Jones, but who knows which of Washington's RBs will actually have a good week? Lamar Miller has been a huge let down, but he still gets something every week.

If Tevin Coleman weren't injured, I feel he would be the best choice.

MikeRahl

I would go with Matt Jones.

Lamar Miller is playing in London... he hasn't been getting the ball and that game is probably going to be hot garbage, wouldn't take anyone on either team there.

Philly/Wash is probably going to be high tempo... lots of touches and if Philly pulls away Matt Jones is more likely to be involved in the passing attack.

Lamar Miller is playing in London... he hasn't been getting the ball and that game is probably going to be hot garbage, wouldn't take anyone on either team there.

Philly/Wash is probably going to be high tempo... lots of touches and if Philly pulls away Matt Jones is more likely to be involved in the passing attack.

Why do you think this? There seems to be a misconception that players perform poorly in London when that wasn't the case last year.

Trey

Why do you think this? There seems to be a misconception that players perform poorly in London when that wasn't the case last year.

Dolphins versus Jets. Tannehill versus Fitzpatrick. Game of the week.

Jets defense not gonna give up much on the ground. And that's assuming they even give Miller the ball.

Apath

Jets defense not gonna give up much on the ground. And that's assuming they even give Miller the ball.
Would you guys definitely start Matt Jones over Alfred Morris then?

UberTag

That's a bit of an exaggeration. I can see some fantasy value in that game.

Jets D/ST (obviously)
Marshall (if Decker sits)
Kerley (only in strict PPR/return yardage deep league formats... again if Decker sits)
Powell (if Ivory sits... especially in PPR); don't like either back if Ivory is healthy
Landry (you may have better options if you're not in a PPR format)
Matthews

That's pretty much it. I'm stuck starting Tannehill in a couple leagues but I wouldn't if I had better alternatives.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Need to get a TE for this week since Gronk is on the bye.

Was able to pick up Max Williams, who seems a good get with the Ravens going up against Pittsburgh and Gillmore being ruled out for Thursday.

MikeRahl

Do I sit Megatron this week in favor of James Jones? The Lions are a mess and Richard Sherman will be glued to Megatron.

Did Seattle switch up their scheme? I thought one of the hot takes on Sherman was he wasn't the #1 corner because they give him a side of the field and don't stick him on the other teams #1 receiver.

Although even in that scenario you are hoping that the Lions are going to scheme Megatron away from Sherman and they can't even hide what routes their receivers are running so...

Yeah, I get why you would advise against Miller this week. I was talking about your general statement against playing any player from that game.

I've got Tannehill as my QB2 and Matthews so I'm just curious.

Would you guys definitely start Matt Jones over Alfred Morris then?

I would, yeah. Jones has been seeing way more snaps than Morris.

UberTag

Was able to pick up Max Williams, who seems a good get with the Ravens going up against Pittsburgh and Gillmore being ruled out for Thursday.
I'm doing that myself in the league where I own Gronk. Sometimes you just pick up whatever scraps you can and throw a dart based on opportunity.

Did Seattle switch up their scheme? I thought one of the hot takes on Sherman was he wasn't the #1 corner because they give him a side of the field and don't stick him on the other teams #1 receiver.

Although even in that scenario you are hoping that the Lions are going to scheme Megatron away from Sherman and they can't even hide what routes their receivers are running so...

Well the thing is, if Sherman is glued to anyone it would be Golden Tate, as covering Megatron usually takes a corner plus help (safety, etc). But regardless of their coverage scheme, the Seahawks have been really stingy against WR's this season, holding the Packers Cobb and Jones to under 20 combined FP (standard scoring).

My guess is that most of the big fantasy sites will say start your studs and hold tight with Megatron. And he could have a game, especially if the Lions fall behind and go into catchup mode. But I also totally see the Packers doing what they've been doing, which makes Jones the safer play against the Niner's awful defense. Just depends whether you want Megatron's monstrous upside.

Apath

Yeah, I get why you would advise against Miller this week. I was talking about your general statement against playing any player from that game.

I've got Tannehill as my QB2 and Matthews so I'm just curious.

I would, yeah. Jones has been seeing way more snaps than Morris.
I'll probably start Jones then. I appreciate the advice.

Actually it's Maxx Williams, which only ups my hype for this kid. Made the same pick-up in both my leagues.

UberTag

Do I sit Megatron this week in favor of James Jones? The Lions are a mess and Richard Sherman will be glued to Megatron.
Well the thing is, if Sherman is glued to anyone it would be Golden Tate, as covering Megatron usually takes a corner plus help (safety, etc). But regardless of their coverage scheme, the Seahawks have been really stingy against WR's this season, holding the Packers Cobb and Jones to under 20 combined FP (standard scoring).

My guess is that most of the big fantasy sites will say start your studs and hold tight with Megatron. And he could have a game, especially if the Lions fall behind and go into catchup mode. But I also totally see the Packers doing what they've been doing, which makes Jones the safer play against the Niner's awful defense. Just depends whether you want Megatron's monstrous upside.
The logical assessment based on the above would be to start Jones if you're projected to win. And to start Megatron if you're projected to lose big and in need of a possible momentum shift. Simple way to balance the risk/reward of this equation.

As both the Packers and Lions play after the Sunday 1pm starts, Loch Doun should be able to make an informed judgment on whether to go the safe route or the "roll the dice" route on Sunday afternoon and adjust his lineup accordingly.

So I have been offered (receiving) DeMarco Murray and Anquan Boldin for (giving up) Lagarrette Blount and Steve Johnson.

I'm thinking I take it. Think Murray will stay healthy the rest of the season?

I went ahead and pulled the trigger. I would hate myself if Murray had an explosive game this week because then this trade obviously wouldn't be happening later. I also hate the unpredictability with NE RBs. Just need my other RBs to finally show me something!

VoxPop

If Marshall Lynch doesn't play again this week, I will be so pissed off.

I can guarantee you 100% that Marshall won't play.

Ugh debating if I should start Michael "Sorry ass receiver" Crabtree against easy CHI or Rishard Matthews against the Jets secondary. Probably going to either be Travis Benjamin or Matthews. Injuries just destroyed me this year.

Macattk15

What do you guys think of the below situation?

10 Team ESPN Standard. No Flex.

Pick 2.

Devonta Freeman vs. Houston
Demarco Murray @ Washington
Justin Forsett @ Pittsburgh
Karlos Williams @ NY Giants
Ameer Abdullah @ Seattle

I'm thinking Freeman / Williams? Yes/No? Thoughts?

I'm so fucking tired of Forsett burning me ... and Demarco coming off an injury.

VoxPop

What do you guys think of the below situation?

10 Team ESPN Standard. No Flex.

Pick 2.

Devonta Freeman vs. Houston
Demarco Murray @ Washington
Justin Forsett @ Pittsburgh
Karlos Williams @ NY Giants
Ameer Abdullah @ Seattle

I'm thinking Freeman / Williams? Yes/No? Thoughts?

I'm so fucking tired of Forsett burning me ... and Demarco coming off an injury.

Freeman / Williams or Freeman / Murray if McCoy ends up playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom