• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless John Brown scores 36 points and Fitzgerald scores 0, I win and go 5-2 and tied for 1st. Also will continue to be #1 in points overall by probably about 40. This season is going quite swimmingly so far.

My teams 5-2. My friend is 2-5 (after tonight)

He wants to trade Forsett for Bernard.

I already have Murray, Ivory and Gore.

I don't see any benefit giving up Bernard since Bengals are doing well and Baltimore is struggling.

Any thoughts?

Is it weird knowing that you won your week before the Monday Night game...

I knew by 1pm on Sunday that I had lost, and here's the weird part: I actually enjoyed watching football all day for the first time this season.

I'm really at a crossroads with FF. I love it and hate it, but I think the hate is starting to outweigh the love. And it's not that I have a shitty team (I'm 6-1, but with a serious RB deficiency); it's that my addictive personality forces me to obsess over it, when in reality much of it is beyond my control.

TylerD

Only need 38 pts in the 4th from Palmer, Brown, Tucker, and Zona D to remain undefeated :(

Mike Evans rode the bench for the second week :(

NYR

Lost by 2.04 points. FML

He had Justin Tucker going, I was only up 3 so I knew I had a good shot at losing but still...

2s3fB.gif

Lost by 15 points. Had TJ Yeldon (19 pts) on my bench and ALfred Morris (1 pt) on my roster. Fuck London.
Not sure Alfred Morris is even flexworthy the last few weeks. If Yeldon was cleared early he's an auto-start.
No absolutely do not drop Eddie Lacy. Stash him or trade him, but don't drop him.

So this is last year's Eddie Lacy line. He really did not hit a stride until the 2nd half of the season. Of course this is a different year and Lacy seems overweight-
... he's FAT!!

UberTag

I grabbed Morris Friday night just as a precaution because Yeldon was listed as questionable. Had every intention of subbing Yeldon back in but was out drinking and said "Meh I'll do it Sunday morning" and well, overslept.
I left Maclin in one of my lineups this week.
Still managed to win but it was by no means a comfortable win and that could have easily cost me my matchup.

Apath

If I don't get any of my waiver claims, I may just drop Alfred Morris for the hell of it. Such a disappointing fourth round pick.

Edwardo

So with Foster going down, people are going to be after Blue and Polk. I'm sitting at #4 on our waivers. #1 will most likely grab Blue. Would Polk be a viable option to use a waiver on in a 14 team league? I've been very limited at running back since Charles went down. I have LeVeon Bell and Duke Johnson, who both have the same bye week.

I would drop Crosby, I guess. Packers offense is great but they just don't kick many field goals. The Browns on the other hand seem to excel at having redzone trouble. Neither option is exceptional but I have no problem rolling with Travis.

So with Foster going down, people are going to be after Blue and Polk. I'm sitting at #4 on our waivers. #1 will most likely grab Blue. Would Polk be a viable option to use a waiver on in a 14 team league? I've been very limited at running back since Charles went down. I have LeVeon Bell and Duke Johnson, who both have the same bye week.

Well if you need something, Polk will probably give you 2-3 points. But the Texans line has shown no signs of being even competent this season so I wouldn't pick him up unless you're desperate or need a pure lottery ticket. I mean, Blue had one great game this season against the Bucs and otherwise his best performance by far was 42 yards. If they keep up this mess (likely, especially with the bye coming Week 9) I think they activate 2015 draft pick Kenny Hilliard off the practice squad.

For me, I think Polk is a fine 1 week lottery ticket, but if he does nothing next week cut bait.

Edwardo

Well if you need something, Polk will probably give you 2-3 points. But the Texans line has shown no signs of being even competent this season so I wouldn't pick him up unless you're desperate or need a pure lottery ticket. I mean, Blue had one great game this season against the Bucs and otherwise his best performance by far was 42 yards. If they keep up this mess (likely, especially with the bye coming Week 9) I think they activate 2015 draft pick Kenny Hilliard off the practice squad.

For me, I think Polk is a fine 1 week lottery ticket, but if he does nothing next week cut bait.

Ya i'll probably hold off. If i'm rolling the dice on a flex player, I'd rather go with one of my receivers (Tavon Austin/Ted Ginn). Hopefully someone will pop up by week 11 for that bye week, but for now I'll wait and hopefully climb higher on waivers.

Gotta keep my streak alive. I added Jonathan Stewart for Matt Jones. Should I take Martellus Bennett for Jason Witten or Ladarius Green? It looks like Bennett has the easiest matchup but Witten has been good for me. I have put Ladarius Green in yet but he has a tougher match.

I left Maclin in one of my lineups this week.
Still managed to win but it was by no means a comfortable win and that could have easily cost me my matchup.

I left Maclin in my line-up as well. My other WR would've been Willie Snead, and even his meager 4 pts in my .5 PPR league would've won the week for me. It hurts when you know one mistake was the difference between winning and losing. Screw you Ed Werder!

Gotta keep my streak alive. I added Jonathan Stewart for Matt Jones. Should I take Martellus Bennett for Jason Witten or Ladarius Green? It looks like Bennett has the easiest matchup but Witten has been good for me. I have put Ladarius Green in yet but he has a tougher match.

Green. Having Witten and Bennett is a solid TE combo.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
finally snapped a 3 week losing streak, even with Stankerson doughnutting, Redskin D netting -2 pts, and Landry Jones getting 10.

thank god for woodhead and coopers 30s each.

big ben comes back next week. lafell got his first game out of the way. things are looking up.

biggest issue is who i'm going to stream for TE for week 9.

Bye Bye Chandler Catanzaro.

You missed that extra point, I have to replace you.

did the same thing! - i'm thinking of going after blair walsh... vikings O is on the up

Lost by 5 points this week. Damn you Catanzaro!

I hope ODB puts up some good numbers this week. I've got Sanders and Smith as my receivers. Jones on the bench because of the DEN D. Hoping to pick up Martavis Bryant off waivers.

Dazzler

I'm sixth in waivers in my league (12 team PPR) so I'm putting in the following waiver claims this week

Chris Polk
Orleans Darkwa
David Cobb (total stash play)
Robbie Gould for Matt Bryant

rush777

Echoing a few others on the Blue vs McFadden waiver pickup. It sounds like the Texans coaching staff is unsure of Blue and they will be moving forward with a Committee. On top of that they are pass heavy, meanwhile Dallas makes any back look solid and it appears DMC has the job. Any more advice on who to pick up would be fantastic.

This week I have Forte back from bye and Freeman starting. Chris Johnson in the flex vs Cleveland or Jonathan Stewart vs Ind, what do you think?

phanphare

Banned
This week I have Forte back from bye and Freeman starting. Chris Johnson in the flex vs Cleveland or Jonathan Stewart vs Ind, what do you think?

I'd go stewart honestly. he looked really good against seattle and philly and indy has an awful defense. accounting for their bye week carolina has the top rushing offense in the NFL.

the only thing about stewart is tolbert typically comes in on those goal line situations

I'm sixth in waivers in my league (12 team PPR) so I'm putting in the following waiver claims this week

Chris Polk
Orleans Darkwa
David Cobb (total stash play)
Robbie Gould for Matt Bryant

Are any of these guys really worth a waiver? I'd wager you could wait until Wednesday morning for most of those guys, and if not, there's probably more value having the #2 or #3 waiver pick *next week* than having the #10 waiver pick and having... David Cobb. Maybe Chris Polk is worth a try, but if you don't get him, I woudn't use a waiver on any of those guys.

Don't use a waiver on a kicker, especially Matt Bryant who you're going to have to drop in 2 weeks anyway. Bryant is the 16th best FF kicker in football right now, and he's behind many guys who have already had their bye week (Gostkowski, McManus, Gould, etc). There's a good number of kickers who will be available over the next 2 weeks because of byes... Haushka, Santos, Tucker, etc.

I'd go stewart honestly. he looked really good against seattle and philly and indy has an awful defense. accounting for their bye week carolina has the top rushing offense in the NFL.

the only thing about stewart is tolbert typically comes in on those goal line situations

Yeah Tolbert's the only reason I'm leaning towards CJ but its such a tough call!

I'm 5-2 so far and second in my league.. I don't know who to pick up off the waiver wire though.

I'm dropping my second kicker (I only needed him to fill out my bye week) Peyton is available in my league. Should I drop one of my qb's to get him (Rodgers & Stafford)

so frustrating. JStew would be the goal line back on like 90% of teams, too

BlueSteel

Got a question for you guys and gals:

I'm in a work-league where the distribution of teams is pretty top heavy. I was a former Charles owner who swung a deal for forte and ended up with the team below:

QB: Brady, Bortles
WR: Hopkins, Edelman, Cooper, Jeffery, Diggs
RB: Forte, Forsett, Woodhead
TE: Barnridge

My main concern is that the second place team has the following:

QB: Brees, Cam
WR: A. Brown, OBJ, John Brown, Benjamin
RB: Freeman, Martin, Ivory
TE: Kelce

I've been trying really hard to swing for Forsett + Cooper for Bell. Do you think I should continue to press the Bell owner? I don't really feel like I have any major weaknesses but I'm trying to look ahead to the playoffs.

I'm 5-2 so far and second in my league.. I don't know who to pick up off the waiver wire though.

I'm dropping my second kicker (I only needed him to fill out my bye week) Peyton is available in my league. Should I drop one of my qb's to get him (Rodgers & Stafford)

You don't need to pick up Peyton. What's your team look like? Are players like Diggs, Mcfadden availalbe?

UberTag

I would lean Johnson myself. Tolbert may not have been vulturing touchdowns prior to Week 7 but he'll always be a factor in the red zone and the Browns are about as sure of a thing one can get to start a Running Back against.

Running Backs against Cleveland in 2015

Week 1 - Chris Ivory (20 carries for 91 yards and 2 TDs, 1 reception for 9 yards)
Week 2 - Dexter McCluster (10 carries for 98 yards, 4 receptions for 26 yards)
Week 3 - Latavius Murray (26 carries for 139 yards and 1 TD, 1 reception for 10 yards)
Week 4 - Danny Woodhead (8 carries for 54 yards, 4 receptions for 84 yards)
Week 5 - Justin Forsett (21 carries for 121 yards and 1 TD, 4 receptions for 49 yards)
Week 6 - Ronnie Hillman (20 carries for 111 yards, 3 receptions for 4 yards)
Week 7 - Todd Gurley (19 carries for 128 yards and 2 TDs, 4 receptions for 35 yards)

Do NOT bench a clear lead running back against Cleveland. You do so at your own peril.

TylerD

Trying to pick up McFadden this week and drop Duke Johnson Jr. Woodhead, Murray, and Gore are my other RBs.

Is it time for Mike Evans to be a starter every week?

I have Evans, A. Brown, J. Brown, D. Hopkins. Sad that D. Hopkins had his first flop of the season with me playing the number 2 team (now number 1) averaging 130 to my 114 pts/wk and I've been starting J. Brown over Evans.

Dazzler

Are any of these guys really worth a waiver? I'd wager you could wait until Wednesday morning for most of those guys, and if not, there's probably more value having the #2 or #3 waiver pick *next week* than having the #10 waiver pick and having... David Cobb. Maybe Chris Polk is worth a try, but if you don't get him, I woudn't use a waiver on any of those guys.

Don't use a waiver on a kicker, especially Matt Bryant who you're going to have to drop in 2 weeks anyway. Bryant is the 16th best FF kicker in football right now, and he's behind many guys who have already had their bye week (Gostkowski, McManus, Gould, etc). There's a good number of kickers who will be available over the next 2 weeks because of byes... Haushka, Santos, Tucker, etc.

waivers reset in my league weekly based on standings, so no issue burning waivers

I'm picking up Gould, not dropping him :)

You don't need to pick up Peyton. What's your team look like? Are players like Diggs, Mcfadden availalbe?

Diggs isn't

McFadden is. I put a claim on him in already. Though I doubt I get him though. I'm fifth on the wire I believe

I have Yeldon, Chris Johnson, Ronnie hillman, Jonathan Stewart, and Matt Jones

My WR are Amari, Demariyus, Larry and Steve smith.

Blue / Khiry?

I think blue is gone.. But I don't trust the Texans.. They are gonna be behind and airing it out.

Khiry is interesting.. But do I really want to waste a spot on him? A vulture at best? He doesn't really have a lot of value unless Ingram goes down does he?

I think Aiken is available still so I might pick him up should my waiver wire move fall through

MBison

12 team league. No ppr. We play two RB and two wr and 1 wr/te. 1 per 15 yards and 6 per td

I lost Arian Foster. My next in line is Matt Jones or Andre Ellington so kinda meh.

My wrs are AJ green, Stefon diggs, moncrief, lafell, and also have dez Bryant

Was looking at shipping AJ green and Ellington to the cj2k owner for either Latavius Murray or Doug Martin and Rishard Matthews. They agreed in principle but I haven't decided to do it yet. Thoughts? Could also trade for cj2k and keep Ellington but Arizona hasn't had their bye while the other two have.

If dez comes back decent I still have 3 solid wr options with diggs and moncrief.

Remember it's non ppr so rbs are much more valuable IMO, at least I believe so.

Please advise! Thanks!

gimmmick

Should I roll with the jets defense for week 8? Someone dropped the cards defense and I'm wondering if I should put a waiver on it? Though I'm liking the progress the falcons are making with Quin, and have a very favorable match up against the bucs at home.

The thing is, my bench is pretty stacked and I would have to be giving up John Brown (I have 6 wr... (Dez, Julio, Amari, Hurns, Moncrief and Johnson).

I've got Ben Roethlisberger (vs Cin) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs Oak). Who would you guys recommend I start? I'm leaning towards Fitzpatrick against Oakland's league worst pass defense but getting Ben back is awfully tempting to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom