• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Nook

With Foster done there are 3 guys I can potentially target on waivers.

1. West: who was picked up and dropped after last weeks game.

2. McFadden: had a great game today, but the cowboys running back situation is unpredictable.

3. Alfred Blue: blehhh

Still have Doug Martin, Latavius Murray, and Carlos Hyde on the squad, but Foster I felt I could trust. Hopefully Martin is really back because he looks really good on his runs.

West out of the three. If something serious happened to Randle, McFadden would be a good target.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I was pissed when I decided to sit Brady against the jets d(which I also own and played). Went with Rivers instead. After that first half I wanted to break something. Then he went all Phillip rivers and redeemed himself. Now I'm up 60 going against j. Matthews/ertz/forsett. Let's see what happens

Milabrega

I need Lafell to save my season, but those easy drops today were awful. Dunno how Brady is going to have confidence throwing to him going forward.

NYR

FUCK

My opponent had Philip Rivers who went into the 2nd half with 2 points, thought I had this week wrapped up, was winning by 30. He scores 3 TDs in the 2nd half, closes out with 25 points.

Now 77.00-75.44. I have J Matthews left, he has Justin Tucker. Jeez.
lol

I fucking hate Fantasy Football. Up 35 with one guy to go at 5:30 EST. Rivers busts a nut in the 4th quarter, Matthews disappears tonight and my only hope is if the Ravens get blanked or don't kick any field goals. Fuck.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Two games in my league were just decided by the Eagles choke job.

Up by 65 points and all my opponent has left is Forsett.

Think I can rest easy tomorrow.

Jarnet87

Dropping Buttford this week. All I needed was 13 from his last week and he continually sabotaged himself. This week again he fails miserably. I'm down 1.18 with Crocket Gilmore left tomorrow. Basically 1 or 2 catches from Crocket will do it, save me Crocket.

Wads

Banned
I also lost charles and foster. I am left with Freeman, C. West (was able to get him after someone dropped after last weeks game), and jonathan Stewart. Not in horrible shape, but man I'd be crushing people with both of them healty...

necrosis

i've lost romo, charles, and now foster

i'm left with a core of chris ivory, dion lewis, and frank gore. was thinking about offloading randall cobb and targetting doug martin or t.j. yeldon through trades, but maybe that's a bit premature?

Tom Nook

i've lost romo, charles, and now foster

i'm left with a core of chris ivory, dion lewis, and frank gore. was thinking about offloading randall cobb and targetting doug martin or t.j. yeldon through trades, but maybe that's a bit premature?

Targeting Martin and Yeldon would be a good move. I would be worried with your current RBs because Ivory pulled a hamstring and Lewis has a groin injury.

bigkrev

Whooo! I have Palmer, Forsett and Catanzaro going against a 44 point lead and Fitzgerald

My opponent is already the highest score in the league this season, I'm 8 points off the 2nd highest score in the league this season

Fuck me.

Cagey

Banned
Running Chris Johnson and John Brown v. Cardinals D/ST and a 0.5 lead.

I'm not nearly as confident as projections and the Ravens history v. D/ST suggest I should be.

Apath

Currently in first place at 6-1, but my running back situation is dismal outside of Lamar Miller.

With Diggs having a great game, I'm in a position where I have five legitimate starter wide receivers:
1. Antonio Brown
2. AJ Green
3. Keenan Allen
4. Dante Moncrief
5. Stefon Diggs

I'm going to test the waters and see what kind of RB I can land with Dante Moncrief, or maybe a trade with Donte Moncrief + one of my shit running backs (Alfred Morris or Matt Jones). Also going to put in a waiver wire claim on McFadden and hope it pans out. Then if I'm able to trade away one of my WRs, I'll try to pick up Rishard Matthews if he's not already gone.

Currently in first place at 6-1, but my running back situation is dismal outside of Lamar Miller.

With Diggs having a great game, I'm in a position where I have five legitimate starter wide receivers:
1. Antonio Brown
2. AJ Green
3. Keenan Allen
4. Dante Moncrief
5. Stefon Diggs

I'm going to test the waters and see what kind of RB I can land with Dante Moncrief, or maybe a trade with Donte Moncrief + one of my shit running backs (Alfred Morris or Matt Jones). Also going to put in a waiver wire claim on McFadden and hope it pans out. Then if I'm able to trade away one of my WRs, I'll try to pick up Rishard Matthews if he's not already gone.

I got Doug Martin for Moncrief and Gio Bernard. What a steal that turned out to be. Without Doug I would have lost this week.

Doug Martin has been such a rock for my team these last few weeks. Not a point below 40.

Here's my lineup for now. I'll have to think about putting the Green Bay guys back since they are facing Broncos D. My lineup is in a pretty good spot though. My bench guys did better than expected so I could have gotten more points but I'm beyond the reach of my opponent right now.

YrU6dIZ.png

ACE 1991

Did anyone else's team go down the tubes? Jamaal Charles is done, Big Ben is still out, and one of my top picks (Jordan Matthews) is complete garbage this year.

Instro

Did anyone else's team go down the tubes? Jamaal Charles is done, Big Ben is still out, and one of my top picks (Jordan Matthews) is complete garbage this year.

My draft picks included Foster, Stafford, CJ Anderson, Melvin Gordon, Tevin Coleman, and Dez Bryant. I'll only have Dez come next week. Luckily waivers have done me well. I've picked up Dalton, Barnidge, Moncrief, and Diggs, among others, during the season. My RB situation is a disaster at this point though, I need to get lucky on waivers or with a trade soon.

ACE 1991

Take advantage of your high waiver priority and go grab C. West.

My draft picks included Foster, Stafford, CJ Anderson, Melvin Gordon, Tevin Coleman, and Dez Bryant. I'll only have Dez come next week. Luckily waivers have done me well. I've picked up Dalton, Barnidge, Moncrief, and Diggs, among others, during the season. My RB situation is a disaster at this point though, I need to get lucky on waivers or with a trade soon.

Already have him, he produced big time this week for me, but everyone else blew. Maybe I'll be more competitive next week once Cobb/Jones and Eifert are all back.

Nafai1123

Banned
Gurley was the best waiver pickup holy shit. Between him, Ivory, Lewis and Bernard I'm pretty stacked at RB. Nice to see Evans finally make that draft pick worthwhile as well.

5-2 baby! Playoffs here we come.

necrosis

Targeting Martin and Yeldon would be a good move. I would be worried with your current RBs because Ivory pulled a hamstring and Lewis has a groin injury.

yeah, ivory's hamstring worries me. mostly due to his propensity for being injured. might go for yeldon over martin for similar reasons

luckily i've played the waiver wire pretty well and have managed to grab dion lewis, andy dalton, stefon diggs, barnidge, and allen robinson (who another player dropped after week 1). i plan to go for c. west this week -- hopefully i can snag him up

necrosis

Gurley was the best waiver pickup holy shit. Between him, Ivory, Lewis and Bernard I'm pretty stacked at RB. Nice to see Evans finally make that draft pick worthwhile as well.

5-2 baby! Playoffs here we come.

crazy that gurley was sitting on waivers in your league. excellent pickup nonetheless

Dazzler

waivers reset every week in my league so our bottom team keeps scooping up all the best waiver wire pickups each week, so infuriating

No point even trying to claim Alfred blue because he's already guaranteed to get him

Last week he got Charmander West, he's got Diggs too

Apath

yeah, ivory's hamstring worries me. mostly due to his propensity for being injured. might go for yeldon over martin for similar reasons

luckily i've played the waiver wire pretty well and have managed to grab dion lewis, andy dalton, stefon diggs, barnidge, and allen robinson (who another player dropped after week 1). i plan to go for c. west this week -- hopefully i can snag him up
Wow, real solid waiver wire claims. What's your record at?
waivers reset every week in my league so our bottom team keeps scooping up all the best waiver wire pickups each week, so infuriating

No point even trying to claim Alfred blue because he's already guaranteed to get him

That really sucks. Almost gives you an incentive to tank the first few games so you can get a good waiver for the first half of the season.

So I've got a basic lock on waiver guys (#2 waiver and the #1 guy doesn't pay attention). I had Foster. McFadden and Blue are both available, who should I go for? Consensus answer would probably be Blue but it's fairly clear that Alfred Bleu is not garbage and can't run, and McFadden looked great last night... super explosive.

How do you guys figure out who to grab? I've been using a Season avg. filter which has worked pretty well. I also analyze the past performances once I weed out the trash with that filter.

So I've got a basic lock on waiver guys (#2 waiver and the #1 guy doesn't pay attention). I had Foster. McFadden and Blue are both available, who should I go for? Consensus answer would probably be Blue but it's fairly clear that Alfred Bleu is not garbage and can't run, and McFadden looked great last night... super explosive.

Blue never had the confidence of the coaches until week 3, when he exploded for 100 yards. Unfortunately for Blue, that was right before Foster returned. Blue is a starter, McFadden is still part of a committee.

Blue never had the confidence of the coaches until week 3, when he exploded for 100 yards. Unfortunately for Blue, that was right before Foster returned. Blue is a starter, McFadden is still part of a committee.

Thanks for confirming... Had him as my #1 priority, but I've been low on Blue and McFadden looked great. Plus I took last week's flyer on Christine Michael a couple weeks ago, so then at least I don't have two crappy Dallas running backs and only one.

Bummed about Foster's injury obviously... I was moving into position to run away with the regular season in my league, having won 4 in a row and be the clear top point scorer every week.

Is it past time that I drop the walking corpse known as Eddie Lacy in favor of West?

No absolutely do not drop Eddie Lacy. Stash him or trade him, but don't drop him.

Lemme get some data to give you some assurances...

F6c5nBN.png

So this is last year's Eddie Lacy line. He really did not hit a stride until the 2nd half of the season. Of course this is a different year and Lacy seems overweight and they might nto be putting him in passing situations, but I think he's worth holding onto OR trading for a decent value WR. I'm going to try to package up some players for whoever has him in my league.

i think Lacy has late season value in Green Bay. Weather gets cold, can't throw the ball down field as much, need to pound it more, etc.

Is it past time that I drop the walking corpse known as Eddie Lacy in favor of West?

No, but keep him benched until after the Denver game.

edit: Like the chart above me suggests; he has league winning potential. It makes sense, look for Green Bay to run more to protect Rodgers for the playoffs.

necrosis

Wow, real solid waiver wire claims. What's your record at?

i'm going to be sitting at 4-3 unless cj2k puts up 30 points tonight; i would be at 5-2 if it weren't for a pair of dumb start/sit decisions. i have the top scoring team in the league tho

No absolutely do not drop Eddie Lacy. Stash him or trade him, but don't drop him.

Lemme get some data to give you some assurances...

So this is last year's Eddie Lacy line. He really did not hit a stride until the 2nd half of the season. Of course this is a different year and Lacy seems overweight and they might nto be putting him in passing situations, but I think he's worth holding onto OR trading for a decent value WR. I'm going to try to package up some players for whoever has him in my league.

i think Lacy has late season value in Green Bay. Weather gets cold, can't throw the ball down field as much, need to pound it more, etc.

No, but keep him benched until after the Denver game.

edit: like the chart above me says; he has league winning potential.
Looks like I'll be keeping him then if he has that kind of potential.

I just traded Jordan Matthews for Lacy last week. Hoping you're right and the 2nd half Lacy story has legs.

Great value because Jordan Matthews looks like garbage anyway. Barely involved last night and I think Bradford threw like 45 times in the game. He's going to Miles Austin more than Jordan Matthews, it's telling.

NYR

I actually like this. Rich shouldn't get richer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom