• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
22HRCfV.png

I really like Stefon Diggs and Woodhead this week though.

This is a 12 team, .5 PPR.

Tom Nook

I've got Ben Roethlisberger (vs Cin) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs Oak). Who would you guys recommend I start? I'm leaning towards Fitzpatrick against Oakland's league worst pass defense but getting Ben back is awfully tempting to.

Go with Fitzpatrick on this, he was very impressive against NE. I would give Ben a "rest" and see how he performs coming back.

Drop LaFell for Starks or Blue? None are starters, more as a future investment if they go hot. Which seems most valuable?

Depends how many WR you can start in your league and if it's PPR, but I still say LaFell. Starks at some point is gotta take a backseat to Lacy (like last season), Blue has proven virtually nothing with the Texans, and Lafell, despite the drops, is getting work in a high-powered offense.

If you need an RB more than WR, then yeah, may as well grab Blue and hope the Texans line turns it around. But Lafell has the most obvious route to every-week value.

Depends how many WR you can start in your league and if it's PPR, but I still say LaFell. Starks at some point is gotta take a backseat to Lacy (like last season), Blue has proven virtually nothing with the Texans, and Lafell, despite the drops, is getting work in a high-powered offense.

If you need an RB more than WR, then yeah, may as well grab Blue and hope the Texans line turns it around. But Lafell has the most obvious route to every-week value.
Not PPR, but solid advice. I have Marshawn, Gore, and Lewis as a flex, and Hillman/McFadden as benched investments, so I'm probably getting RB greedy when there is no clear value.

Not PPR, but solid advice. I have Marshawn, Gore, and Lewis as a flex, and Hillman/McFadden as benched investments, so I'm probably getting RB greedy when there is no clear value.

If your bench is that big I would start thinking handcuffs. Rawls, for example, is probably a priority get just because he has proven he can backup Marshawn effectively. Bradshaw to a lesser extent - we know he can catch passes and run the ball, albeit from last season.

Generally speaking I'm against handcuffs, but just think of guys like Rawls as high value if there's an injury, which is the upside you have to buy when FA is so shallow. They are much more acceptable mid-season when you have a winning record. If you have a shallow RB bench then I'd be looking at David Cobb or Kenny Hilliard or Chris Polk, etc and trying for some higher upside stabs in the dark.

Trade advice!

Offered Mark Ingram and Rishard Matthews for my Antonio Brown and Ameer Abdullah.

I'm strong at WR and weak at RB2. I've been starting Abdullah and Matt Jones as my RB2, and I have Willie Snead or Stefon Diggs to fill in for Brown, joining DeAndre Hopkins and Jarvis Landry as my WRs.

Should I make this trade and shore up my starting RBs (L. Murray is my other RB). I'm looking at it as A. Brown for M. Ingram, but I don't know if Ingram is consistent enough to be worth trading A. Brown with Big Ben coming back. Going to have to think on this one.

I've got Ben Roethlisberger (vs Cin) and Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs Oak). Who would you guys recommend I start? I'm leaning towards Fitzpatrick against Oakland's league worst pass defense but getting Ben back is awfully tempting to.

I have the same choice in my other league, and I'm keeping Fitzpatrick in my line-up until I hear more positive reports on Big Ben. The floor is better with Fitz, and the ceilings are similar for this week.

Trade advice!

Offered Mark Ingram and Rishard Matthews for my Antonio Brown and Ameer Abdullah.

I'm strong at WR and weak at RB2. I've been starting Abdullah and Matt Jones as my RB2, and I have Willie Snead or Stefon Diggs to fill in for Brown, joining DeAndre Hopkins and Jarvis Landry as my WRs.

Should I make this trade and shore up my starting RBs (L. Murray is my other RB). I'm looking at it as A. Brown for M. Ingram, but I don't know if Ingram is consistent enough to be worth trading A. Brown with Big Ben coming back. Going to have to think on this one.

I have the same choice in my other league, and I'm keeping Fitzpatrick in my line-up until I heard more positive reports on Big Ben. The floor is better with Fitz, and the ceilings are similar for this week.

I wouldn't. I would ask for a better RB than Ingram if he has one. Than I would since you need a RB

Hmm, I answer a lot but let's see what people think here:

What round do you think TJ Yeldon gets drafted in next year? (Let's assume standard scoring, 12 teams)

I'm getting offers for him in a limited keeper league, so I'm trying to gauge what you might think of his value in terms of draft rounds.

Trade advice!

Don't trade your diamonds. Trade your salt.

Unless there was a huge offer I would not sell on Antonio Brown. Ben is coming back and you know what he can do in that offense. What you should be doing is trading mid-levels on your roster instead; I mean, you have some depth at WR, so why not use Diggs and Abdullah to find something? It won't be Mark Ingram, maybe, but you could find somebody better than what you're starting, I'd guess.

The trade itself isn't that bad; maybe Landry + Ingram gives you 20 solid points a week on average. But you lose out a lot on Brown's upside.

Being offered to send:

Matt Forte

and get in return:

Frank Gore
Allen Hurns
Carlos Hyde

Thoughts?

I'm weak on RBs.

I want the Matt Forte side of this equation. Gore and Hyde are on really compromised offenses and can easily score a zero if the matchup is tough. And you have to drop two players? Just not worth it to go the Gore direction.

GrapeApes

What round do you think TJ Yeldon gets drafted in next year? (Let's assume standard scoring, 12 teams)

I'm getting offers for him in a limited keeper league, so I'm trying to gauge what you might think of his value in terms of draft rounds.
2nd-3rd round. High end RB2 value.
Being offered to send:

Matt Forte

and get in return:

Frank Gore
Allen Hurns
Carlos Hyde

Thoughts?

I'm weak on RBs.
Weak. Hyde has been playing with a stress fracture in his foot. Pretty sure the foot is important if you a running back. You will never really feel comfortable about starting him. So you will start Gore and have to roll the dice with Hyde each week. I'd rather have Forte.

Should I start Big Ben (if he plays) or Stafford? Brandon Lafell or Steve Smith Sr.?

If Ben plays i would play him. The WR question is a tougher one. Lafell got his first (crappy) game out of the way, so he can only go up from here (assuming) and he did get a lot of targets.. Smith seems like the safer play though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Got offered Demaryius Thomas for Lamar Miller in a non PPR league, in a 2 WR / 2 HB / 1 Flex league.

My other backs are Matt Forte, Chris Ivory and Dion Lewis. My other WRs are Hopkins, Moncrief, Cooper, Hurns.

Think selling high on Miller is the right call. 2 great games against terrible teams and the upcoming schedule is brutal. Just not sure Thomas is going to start going to actually score some touchdowns with Peyton Manning being worse than 2011 Tebow. Kinda on the fence about this deal.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Was offered Moncrief for my Jeremy Hill.

2 RB, 3 WR and Flex 12 team league I am currently 4-3

My RBs:

Hill
Lamar Miller
Todd Gurley

WRs:

Calvin Johnson
VJax
Willie Snead
Eddie Royal
Davante Adams

There's like nothing on the wire as far as RBs go. I am inclined to not do the deal in case I get an injury but as you can see I need a WR.

(Yeldon) Agree on him being a high-end RB2, mid-to-late 2nd round. Not many backs getting 20 touches a week.

Thanks. Yeah, I was afraid of that. I have a third round keeper value on him, which is either worth it and I should keep him, or not and I should take one of a few offers for him instead. The work is certainly there; I just can't decide if the production is going to match it enough to make him the second pick for a team in the draft. I mean, if I forecast out the top 24 (not particularly scientific, just random ballparking)

1-1. Devonta Freeman
1-2. Todd Gurley
1-3. Le'Veon Bell
1-4. Adrian Peterson
1-5. Jamaal Charles
1-6. Julio Jones
1-7. Mark Ingram
1-8. DeAndre Hopkins
1-9. Antonio Brown
1-10. Rob Gronkowski
1-11. Matt Forte
1-12. Chris Ivory

2-1. Lamar Miller
2-2. Marshawn Lynch
2-3. Allen Robinson
2-4. Doug Martin
2-5. Tom Brady
2-6. Dion Lewis
2-7. Brandon Marshall
2-8. Odell Beckham Jr
2-9. Frank Gore
2-10. Demaryius Thomas
2-11. Giovani Bernard
2-12. Justin Forsett

I could fill that list pretty easily, but I'm not completely confident the guys at the back end of Round 2 are worth more. I suppose it really depends on the next few weeks.

Wellington said:
Moncrief for Hill

I'd much rather have Hill in standard but you are starting 3 WR. So I can see taking the deal and leaving Royal/Adams to the bench. (Adams is droppable, really) But it still seems like you are missing a piece; I mean I love Moncrief but 1 for 1 seems pretty cheap. I'd much rather see Moncrief + something better than Adams RB side for Hill + Adams. At least Duke or something.

Would you rather have Ronnie Hillman or Charcandrick West? Currently have Hillman but someone dropped West so I might put a waiver claim on him. Thinking West..

Charcnado. Is this a 8 team league? Weird that someone would drop him after Sunday. I'd rather have both if I could.

Nope, 12. I couldn't believe it myself! I was thinking if the guy even noticed??? He had him on his bench. He dropped him for McFadden...

I would like to keep both but which ever one I pick will be on the bench anyways.

Drop Woodhead or Hillman for him? Standard scoring.

Koko

Banned
Charmander.

Hoping he goes all the way to Charizard this week.

My RBs situation is not so good this week I have to start 2 of these group: L. Miller, Charmander, E. Lacy or McFadden

I should be ok with Yeldon coming back next week and if Lacy picks up his production.

Killing it in points in ESPN standard PPR. Sitting at 960. Second highest is 878. Line graph showing my points week-to-week has been very steady, which I think bodes well.

I've done this before though; sat 2nd or 3rd place most of the season, then for various reasons just got the shittiest luck near the end and crashed.

Tom Nook

Hoping he goes all the way to Charizard this week.

My RBs situation is not so good this week I have to start 2 of these group: L. Miller, Charmander, E. Lacy or McFadden

I should be ok with Yeldon coming back next week and if Lacy picks up his production.

RwPd3qL.png

-from Reddit

Edwardo

I'm thinking second or third.

GrapeApes

Nope, 12. I couldn't believe it myself! I was thinking if the guy even noticed??? He had him on his bench. He dropped him for McFadden...

I would like to keep both but which ever one I pick will be on the bench anyways.

Drop Woodhead or Hillman for him? Standard scoring.
Probably would keep Hillman in standard. Woodhead has the more stable job. Hillman has the better potential. If Denver gets their shit together he might start looking like he did last year before being injured.

Apath

Put in for McFadden, wound up with Blue. Worse comes to worse, Blue doesn't pan out and I drop him in a few weeks. Not like he can be any worse than Alfred Morris.

I'm in a dynasty PPR league!where I can only keep three. Does it make sense to give up Ronnie Hillman to get Martavis Bryant? I have Gronk and Gurley as my likely keepers, and I have John Brown, Moncrief, and Diggs as my War keeper options.

Darkman M

Am I crazy for wanting to start Dez in my flex over Steve smith? Even against Seattle? I know the risk, but can't help but to feel Dez has upside because he's Dez.

Hazelhurst

Am I crazy for wanting to start Dez in my flex over Steve smith? Even against Seattle? I know the risk, but can't help but to feel Dez has upside because he's Dez.

I've got Dez in one of my leagues, but I think I'm going to wait another week before using him. I've already got a strong receiving core without Dez. If I was desperate, I'd take a chance. I guess it depends on how desperate you are. Also, I don't know how well Cassel is going to get the ball to Dez. I kind of want to wait and see how their chemistry is.

Darkman M

I've got Dez in one of my leagues, but I think I'm going to wait another week before using him. I've already got a strong receiving core without Dez. If I was desperate, I'd take a chance. I guess it depends on how desperate you are. Also, I don't know how well Cassel is going to get the ball to Dez. I kind of want to wait and see how their chemistry is.

I have Brown and Dmaryius along with Smith as well so I'm deep at the position. Guess I'll wait and see how he tactics through the week.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Wait another week. I broke my foot in exactly the same way as Dez (fifth metatarsal) in April and it took me a good 6 weeks to get out of the cast and then another 4 weeks on top of that to feel comfortable. I obviously don't have the same doctors and nutritionists he has, but even when I felt like OK I could walk on it the thing still bothered me quite a bit.

Still does depending on the weather.

Who do you guys think I should start at flex this week? I'm thinking West over Evans.

3CCfx3q.png

Yo I am sorry, I owned Evans last year and saw first hand that his numbers were just imaginary. Yes he had the 200 yard game and two other 120+ yard games but everything after that screamed journeyman. He caught barely over 50% of his targets and 2.6 yards after catch on average. Your boy was 126th of qualified receivers in YAC while being tied for 36th in receptions, 26th for targets, and tied for 4th for TDs. We have seen his best game this year by far. Start him if you got him since Vjax will be out, but I avoided him like the plague this year - his production was smoke and mirrors.

Take out those three games against Cleveland, Atlanta, and Washington last year (horrible defenses) and he was 47 Rec, 593 Yards, 7 TDs. There were games in which he had 4 catches, 2 for TDs, and 2 catches, 1 TD. Unsustainable.

So yeah, go Charcnado.

Would it be stupid to start Lafell instead of E. Sanders? I only ask because Sanders was limited at practice today with his shoulder injury from week 6. The only other option I would have is Dez if he even does play Sunday. I am thinking Sanders will play though, but I would rather play it safe.

Would it be stupid to start Lafell instead of E. Sanders? I only ask because Sanders was limited at practice today with his shoulder injury from week 6. The only other option I would have is Dez if he even does play Sunday. I am thinking Sanders will play though, but I would rather play it safe.

I'd wait it out on Sanders - you still have time to get a last minute injury report and make the call. LaFell got lots of targets last week, but dropped most of them. Who knows if Brady will trust him this week.

I'm actually in a similar boat - deciding between LaFell and Golden Tate. Tate has been terrible lately, but he's playing against KC so maybe he'll get more than one point? Gonna wait till Sunday to make that call, but I'm leaning towards LaFell since the game with Miami might be a shootout, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom