• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

natjjohn

C.West against a sucky Detroit D or Lamar Miller tonight vs a good Pats D?

Also. Jarvis Landry, Dez Bryant, or Eric Decker?

Need to know fast! Right now I have Miller and Landry in.

Lamas been on fire. Hard to bench IMO. On a yards per attempt basis, Pats D is not good. If think Dolphins can keep it close/win, think stick with Lamar.

Snackawho

Who are you playing where you cant play both Hilton and Diggs?

I'm starting both Antonio Brown and Jarvaris Landry. This is an 8 man ppr league. I also have Dez Bryant but I want to see how he plays first before I consider him.

That's tough on all fronts. I would not start Benjamin for sure. Ty Hilton is a gamble it depends on what kind of Andrew luck we see. Diggs could potentially have a decent game against the Bears... I would play Diggs in a flex spot but I could easily change it by gametime lol

Yeah I think I'm going to go with Diggs. He seems more of a sure thing which is what I need right now as my projected is is ahead of my opponents. I just need my players to not bust.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Welll...he didnt go offf... But he did 2xs as well as last week. Looks like youve kept your head above water, mr. Lafell. All that treading is going to get tiring though....

Luckily my opp. Played j cameron... Who hit 1/2 hit projected where i hit 2/3. Not bad. Lotta football to play

hermit7

Flex do I go with Moncreif or Kendall Wright?

Leaning towards Moncreif but Wright plays the Texas and has a juicy matchup.

I have Dez as well on my bench but am leery about starting him without knowing his play time. Will probably wait a week and see how it goes. Seattle is an awful defense to come back with anyways.

Hazelhurst

Flex do I go with Moncreif or Kendall Wright?
I'd go Moncrief. T.Y. Hilton will most likely be covered by Josh Norman, Carolina's top cornerback. This should hopefully make it easier to get the ball to Moncrief versus Hilton. I know Luck has been struggling, but I trust him more than Tennessee's QBs.

Herbs

Banned
Well, Lewis and Edelman paid off in spades. Almost had a trade ready for Gronk this week too. Oh also had the Pat's D too. So I'm sitting pretty at 62.3 points.

Miller had a rough night but still finished with a TD and over 10 points. What a turnaround from weeks 1-4.
Canning a coach who doesn't appreciate the run game will do that.

Lamar got me 7, Gronk got me 17, and Matthews got me 7. Not bad for two concern players this week.

Marvin Jones and the Bengals D are my other two shaky players, because they're bye bandaids (Allen Robinson and Bills D, respectively).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I had Tannehill, Miller, and was forced to start Cameron since Jordan Reed is on bye. What a rough night.

I hope you guys didn't buy into all of that LaFell hype. He is not a good fantasy option

TE has been my weakest position so far. Guy in my league has both Greg Olson and Jason Witten. He's pretty high, but I think I can snatch Witten away with a decent trade. He could use some WR/RB help.

Any combination of Theo Riddick, Brandon LaFell, Michael Crabtree, Shane Vereen that seems like a reasonable value for a trade for Witten?

Tom Nook

TE has been my weakest position so far. Guy in my league has both Greg Olson and Jason Witten. He's pretty high, but I think I can snatch Witten away with a decent trade. He could use some WR/RB help.

Any combination of Theo Riddick, Brandon LaFell, Michael Crabtree, Shane Vereen that seems like a reasonable value for a trade for Witten?

Try offering Riddick and LaFell, he might accept it.

ACE 1991

TE is definitely one of my strengths, I have both Witten and Eifert. Eifert has been such a monster.

Nice to finally get to see Jarvis Landry in action. Dude's been so consistent for me. Love how he really attacks the ball on his receptions. WR2 numbers from my WR3, I'm blessed :).

This is the week I move into first if I win. I picked the Pats D off of waivers on Thursday morning because the Bills are on bye. Worked out really well for me. My opponent had Miller who was almost completely shut down besides the touch down which sort of bailed him out a bit.

Hoping for a big week all around if my defense can put up 17.

Cagey

Banned
In a two-QB (technically QB + superflex) league with Mariota now out and Bradford on bye as my QB2, I need to pick my superflex player.

Michael Crabtree v. NYJ
Kendall Wright @ Houston
Rashad Jennings @ New Orleans
Melvin Gordon @ Baltimore

Leaning Wright despite the QB because Houston's defense is ass.

In a two-QB (technically QB + superflex) league with Mariota now out and Bradford on bye as my QB2, I need to pick my superflex player.

Michael Crabtree v. NYJ
Kendall Wright @ Houston
Rashad Jennings @ New Orleans
Melvin Gordon @ Baltimore

Leaning Wright despite the QB because Houston's defense is ass.

I'd go with Wright too. I wouldn't do Crabtree against the Jets D. Rashad Jennings could have a nice day, but Eli has lots of targets so he could have a terrible day too. And Wright is simply better than Gordon.

necrosis

still regret starting landry over lewis but given how badly the miami offense looked, only being down by 8 vs the pats defense isn't so bad imo

is it crazy to be considering frank gore over demaryius thomas in the flex? i'm scared about zombie peyton manning vs an actually competent defense. on a similar note, would it be worth picking up josh brown to cover for mcmanus this week?

Amazing how I drafted and then dropped so many players that are either productive or have now become the starter. That list includes

Carson Palmer
Ronnie Hillman
Alfred Blue
Darren McFadden

And I'm 2-5 on top of that so I'm kind of bitter right now lol.

But anyways I have some trade talk. Another guy in my league wants Martavis Bryant from me for TJ Yeldon. My line up includes Maclin, DT, and John Brown as my WR's and McCoy, Joseph Randle(lol), Matt Jones, Duke Johnson, and Christine Michael as my RB's. I definitely need a stronger back but I'm excited about Bryant's possibilities with Big Ben back. I'm leaning towards going for it because I need to improve that position but would anybody like to talk me out of it?

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
I need to start 2 WRs and 1 FLEX from the following:

Jeremy Maclin, Martavis Bryant, Steve Smith, Randall Cobb, Stefon Diggs, Jonathan Stewart.

Any recommendations? I was thinking Bryant and Maclin for the WR slots and Stewart in the FLEX.

GrapeApes

Amazing how I drafted and then dropped so many players that are either productive or have now become the starter. That list includes

Carson Palmer
Ronnie Hillman
Alfred Blue
Darren McFadden

And I'm 2-5 on top of that so I'm kind of bitter right now lol.

But anyways I have some trade talk. Another guy in my league wants Martavis Bryant from me for TJ Yeldon. My line up includes Maclin, DT, and John Brown as my WR's and McCoy, Joseph Randle(lol), Matt Jones, Duke Johnson, and Christine Michael as my RB's. I definitely need a stronger back but I'm excited about Bryant's possibilities with Big Ben back. I'm leaning towards going for it because I need to improve that position but would anybody like to talk me out of it?
Would rather have Yeldon. Make the trade.

Koko

Banned

Jeremy Maclin, Martavis Bryant, Steve Smith, Randall Cobb, Stefon Diggs, Jonathan Stewart.

Any recommendations? I was thinking Bryant and Maclin for the WR slots and Stewart in the FLEX.

First of all nice set of WRs.

I would go Maclin, Martavis and either Smith or Diggs at Flex.

Ptaaty

I got Dez for Yeldon - hope that was a good trade. (already have B Marshall, Calvin, A Rob, Hurns, M Jones)

RBs still have Freeman, Bell, Miller, C West....I don't think you can ever have too many RB, but I think Dez for the playoff run could be pretty good and Yeldon has a bye plus a bunch of tough matchups.

Edwardo

I got Dez for Yeldon - hope that was a good trade. (already have B Marshall, Calvin, A Rob, Hurns, M Jones)

RBs still have Freeman, Bell, Miller, C West....I don't think you can ever have too many RB, but I think Dez for the playoff run could be pretty good and Yeldon has a bye plus a bunch of tough matchups.

I'm working on a trade for Dez in my 10 team league. My WRs aren't great and I have a whole bunch of RBs. AP, Lamar Miller, Jeremy Hill, Doug Martin, Chris Johnson, Duke Johnson. He wants AP, but i don't really want to trade AP for Dez with Romo still being out.

Ptaaty

Stewart in the flex, I hate him and even dropped him 3 weeks ago - but he is getting touches, Indy D is bad against run, and he is a clear starting RB (this isn't really close). For the WR - are you in PPR? If standard, Bryant (Ben is back and Bryant has been great even without him).

I probably go Stew, Bryant, Diggs (by a hair over Cobb and Maclin).

Macattk15

So ...

10 team ESPN Standard ... 2 WR spots, no Flex.

Demaryius Thomas is my WR1

My WR2 options are .... Randall Cobb, Martavis Bryant, Donte Moncreif and Stefon Diggs.

Normally I'd just pick Cobb but he has really boned me the past few weeks (prior to his bye).

Right now my Roster is set for Sunday as Thomas/Bryant .... should I just stick with that?

edit : Oh damn I see the post above me is referencing a damn near same situation.

VoxPop

Nice. Demarco was on bye with no other RB on the bench so I was going to start Christine Michael but I just dropped him for Reggie Bush with the Hyde news. Great turn of events.

Debating if I should drop David Cobb for Mike Davis as well just in case.

UberTag

Debating if I should drop David Cobb for Mike Davis as well just in case.
I think I'd keep Cobb as a reserve until you at least get a feel for how he recovers from his calf injury next week.

I'm finding it difficult to get enthusiastic about any 49er in the absence of Carlos Hyde. I think Jarryd Hayne has some upside given what he showcased in the preseason but I doubt the 49ers are invested enough in their season to give him some looks as they're justifably committed to developing Mike Davis given his youth.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Holy crap are you in like an 8 team league?

VoxPop

I think I'd keep Cobb as a reserve until you at least get a feel for how he recovers from his calf injury next week.

I'm finding it difficult to get enthusiastic about any 49er in the absence of Carlos Hyde. I think Jarryd Hayne has some upside given what he showcased in the preseason but I doubt the 49ers are invested enough in their season to give him some looks as they're justifably committed to developing Mike Davis given his youth.

Yeah I'm hoping that's not the case but its likely the starting back job will go to one of those guys. But I don't plan to start any of them if I had them so I'm just rolling with Bush since this one is a half PPR league.

Wellington said:
Holy crap are you in like an 8 team league?

mm too be fair, Freeman and West were most likely off waivers.

I have Bell and Freeman as my backs in my work league too.

Miller, Marshall, and A Rob probably went late in the draft since there wasn't a ton of upside at the time. Hurns and Marvin Jones are also waiver fodder.

Hazelhurst

I'm thinking about benching Latavius Murray (vs. Jets) for Alfred Blue (vs. Titans) due to the match ups this week in my Yahoo league. Is that crazy?

I've already benched Latavius for Darren McFadden in my ESPN league.

I'm a big Latavius fan. I just don't like him going up against the Jets.

Darkman M

I'm thinking about benching Latavius Murray (vs. Jets) for Alfred Blue (vs. Titans) due to the match ups this week in my Yahoo league. Is that crazy?

With Doug Martin, Latavius Murray, and Hyde being my only three options this week, it makes for a easy decision for me :(

UberTag

It's not crazy in a standard league.
It's borderline crazy in a PPR format.

Pick 2 of 4 in a 1 point PPR league

Jeremy Maclin, John Brown, Martavis Bryant, Randall Cobb.

Leaning Maclin and Bryant right now. Think Cobb will rebound but don't like matchup with Broncos. Brown has been very consistent these past few weeks but is limited.

prag16

Banned
Pick 2 of 4 in a 1 point PPR league

Jeremy Maclin, John Brown, Martavis Bryant, Randall Cobb.

Leaning Maclin and Bryant right now. Think Cobb will rebound but don't like matchup with Broncos. Brown has been very consistent these past few weeks but is limited.

Make sure Brown's even gonna play.

I don't trust Andy Reid. I'm going Cobb/Bryant given those options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom