• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmmick

Need help on TE / Flex options (PPR).

I have Greg Olsen starting on my TE though I'm not sure who I should have on flex. I have Eifert as my back up TE and currently have Chris Ivory as my flex option. Should I roll with Olsen and Ivory for week 8?

Instro

Suggestions at RB? All I have left are:

Ameer Abdullah
Melvin Gordon
Orleans Darkwa
David Cobb

Obviously Cobb is not available, and I've had no luck with trades so far(I suspect collusion). I'm thinking Abdullah and Darkwa would be the way to go here. Gordon is a total mess now, and it sounds like Darkwa will have additional snaps and touches this week. Hoping Abdullah can turn it around with the OC change, he's been effective at times.

Available for pickup:
Theo Riddick
Reggie Bush
Robert Turbin
Chris Polk
Branden Oliver
Mike Tolbert
Christine Michael

Not much available.

gimmmick

Suggestions at RB? All I have left are:

Ameer Abdullah
Melvin Gordon
Orleans Darkwa
David Cobb

Obviously Cobb is not available, and I've had no luck with trades so far(I suspect collusion). I'm thinking Abdullah and Darkwa would be the way to go here. Gordon is a total mess now, and it sounds like Darkwa will have additional snaps and touches this week. Hoping Abdullah can turn it around with the OC change, he's been effective at times.

Available for pickup:
Theo Riddick
Reggie Bush
Robert Turbin
Chris Polk
Branden Oliver
Mike Tolbert
Christine Michael

Not much available.

With Hyde out, you can roll the dice with Reggie. Branden Oliver would be the safest pick imo (Gordon is playing like shit). I'd say roll with Orleans Darkwa and Reggie Bush.

zelas

PPR, flex position
Tavon Austin v 49ers or Mike Evans vs Falcons

Or neither and move in Darren McFadden vs Seahawks. I'm just looking for 12 guaranteed points from flex.

GrapeApes

PPR, flex position
Tavon Austin v 49ers or Mike Evans vs Falcons

Or neither and move in Darren McFadden vs Seahawks. I'm just looking for 12 guaranteed points from flex.
Evans. He's the only real option for Winston to throw at. Murphy, Jackson, and Seferian is out.

Matt Ryan vs Tampa
or
Andy Dalton vs Pittsburgh

I'm leaning Dalton since Ryan has been pretty awful the last few games, and Dalton has been putting up MVP type numbers.

Milabrega

I'm leaning Dalton since Ryan has been pretty awful the last few games, and Dalton has been putting up MVP type numbers.

I like Dalton fresh off the bye, but damn that is a good problem to have.

Ronnie Hillman vs Packers or Ellington vs Browns in PPR? Hillman's getting the start but Ellington gets the passing down vs the Browns who have the worst rush defense in the league.

What do you guys think of McFadden vs S.Smith at flex (.5 PPR)? I love that McFadden is basically going to be an every down back but that matchup is brutal especially with Cassel at QB. Cooper lit up SD last week and Smith is their only viable WR.

Badosh

Matt Ryan vs Tampa
or

Dalton for sure.

Both defenses are not good against the pass, but Dalton has been playing better and is coming off bye.

I like Dalton fresh off the bye, but damn that is a good problem to have.

Ronnie Hillman vs Packers or Ellington vs Browns in PPR? Hillman's getting the start but Ellington gets the passing down vs the Browns who have the worst rush defense in the league.

I'd probably go Hillman, for whatever reason they just aren't using Ellington. Neither excite me.

What do you guys think of McFadden vs S.Smith at flex (.5 PPR)? I love that McFadden is basically going to be an every down back but that matchup is brutal especially with Cassel at QB. Cooper lit up SD last week and Smith is their only viable WR.

I'd personally go McFadden, only because I think he'll get those dump off passes like every other play.

Hmm. Do I start Gates or Green with Gates playing?

I'd probably go Green, he's been good even with Gates on the field and I don't expect Gates to play all that much.

Great. I started Abdullah and he's nothing more than a kickoff returner.
I'm not sure if he even dominated snaps during the time game was close, I'll have to see snap info. Looks like this could be a timeshare with Joique and Abdullah.

EDIT: LOL nope. Early numbers say Joique is the clear starting RB now. Abdullah blew his shot with the fumbles.
Matt Ryan vs Tampa
or

Dalton.

UberTag

The lesson is... never start Stafford.

I wonder if Le'Veon Bell will be this week's "Ha, you thought you drafted an RB1. Joke's on you... they're injured for the season" victim. Because Charles and Foster owners need some company.

The fun part is that next season when we all draft Freeman and Gurley because they're the new studs in town THEY'LL be the ones to go down with season-ending injuries.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Forte in the locker room. If this is seriously I'm actually done with fantasy football permanently.

Just learned Bell is down. Already lost Foster (even if he was my #3 HB)

2000-now-we-are-fucked-snatch.jpg

Now I'm fucked

Mr Croft

M God.... I sit Brees for Dalton and Brees has the game of his life and Dalton can't even get a TD against Pittsburgh. My head is on fire

Tom Nook

M God.... I sit Brees for Dalton and Brees has the game of his life and Dalton can't even get a TD against Pittsburgh. My head is on fire

That is exactly my postion right now, him and Cooks decided to show up for work. Next week, I'll be conflicted on who to start:Dalton or Brees.

That is exactly my postion right now, him and Cooks decided to show up for work. Next week, I'll be conflicted on who to start:Dalton or Brees.

Add me to the list on this one. Thank god Dalton just got a TD but JEEEEZ. This would have been an easy win if I went with Brees.

Nafai1123

Banned
Can't believe someone in my league dropped Drew Brees this week and my opponent picked him up because he was one spot higher in waivers than me. Fucking bullshit

Can't believe someone in my league dropped Drew Brees this week and my opponent picked him up because he was one spot higher in waivers than me. Fucking bullshit

This is why we changed waivers to FAAB Bids in my league. Too many people got upset that it was already a given which guy was going to get the biggest waiver of the week every week. We changed it because we didn't want to give anybody freebies, including the guys with the worse record. You want a guy, put some money down then. And if you think he's really valuable then put a big bid to get him.

QP3

Had Brees on my bench, which was OK because Palmer still put up 30 for me. I was looking pretty, and now the Jets are killing me (-8)! Going to be close. /rant

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
In one of my most inspired moves of the year, I pulled Ivory for McFadden 5 minutes before the afternoon games started today and he's making up for my only getting half a game out of Forte. If I can hold out for the rest of this game and Greg Olsen doesn't get 2+ TD's tomorrow night I'm going to remain undefeated this season.

K.Sabot

GUESS WHO WAS AGAINST BREES THIS WEEK FUCK

also I had Le'Veon Bell

Not even my Brady / Gronk combo could stand up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom