• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

goober

Mine was close too

2HrBOl3.png

Tom Nook

Official NFL statistician reviews all plays from the week and it was determined Drew Brees finished with 2 Ints instead of 1, and 505 Passing Yds.

Damn it, Drew went down from 65.65pt to 63.35pts..... :(

Would be nice to start though :/

Edwardo

Damn, if Ginn caught that TD I would've won, lol. And I can't believe I didn't win in the league I need Hilton to get less than 3 points D:

So i'm my 14 team league I have the 3rd waiver slot right now. #1 is taking Langford, #2 is undecided if he's going to use his. I definitely need to make some adds this week, but i'm not rly sure if I want to/need to use my claim since I'll possibly be at the #1 waiver spot after tomorrow. The problem is that all 14 members are very active on add/drops, so many players will most likely be taken if I wait until waivers clear.

My lineup:
QB: Russell Wilson - BYE
WR: Tavon Austin @ MIN
WR: Ted Ginn Jr vs GB
WR: Eddie Royal @ SD
RB: Duke Johnson Jr @ Cinci
RB: DeAngelo Willaims vs OAK
TE: Antonio Gates vs CHI
FLEX: Julius Thomas vs NYJ
K: Blair Walsh vs STL
DST: Seattle - BYE

BENCH:
WR: Mike Wallace vs STL
WR: Golden Tate - BYE
TE: Ladarius Green vs CHI
RB: Knile Davis - BYE
RB: Jamaal Charles - IR
RB: LeVeon Bell - IR

So I need a QB for Russell's bye week, and possibly the rest of the year. Thinking about Derek Carr or Jay Cutler. Both are available right now.

Eddie Royal probably won't play this week, so I'm looking at Marquees Wilson.

I'm going to need to grab a defense as well.

If I wait out waivers, at least one of those QBs will be taken and Wilson will definitely be taken. I don't want to use my #3 claim, but I think i'll have to.

I have #1 waiver priority in a keeper league.

I can pick up Deangelo Williams (or Charles Clay, or Vernon Davis - lol). I was offered a trade - that waiver priority for TJ Yeldon. Would you do it? I desperately need a viable second RB (I have Lynch and Alfred Morris/Matt Jones). I missed out on Charcandrick West, but I don't have to miss out on Williams...

I can pick up Deangelo Williams (or Charles Clay, or Vernon Davis - lol). I was offered a trade - that waiver priority for TJ Yeldon. Would you do it? I desperately need a viable second RB (I have Lynch and Alfred Morris/Matt Jones). I missed out on Charcandrick West, but I don't have to miss out on Williams...

It depends on:
1. Keeper value. Is this a draft pick league? Or can you just blindly keep X players?
2. Are you in strong contention to win this year?

If you want to win (or if this was a normal redraft league) you need DeAngelo Williams. The Steelers are a top running team and DWill has already proven he has lots of value.

If you want to prepare for the future, Yeldon may be worth it depending on the cost. He's getting all the work, may be getting more goal line carries, and the Jags are not defensive stalwarts.

Tom Nook

Ugh, there are two owners in my league who are not active has players like MCFadden and D. Williams in their bench. :(

It depends on:
1. Keeper value. Is this a draft pick league? Or can you just blindly keep X players?
2. Are you in strong contention to win this year?

If you want to win (or if this was a normal redraft league) you need DeAngelo Williams. The Steelers are a top running team and DWill has already proven he has lots of value.

If you want to prepare for the future, Yeldon may be worth it depending on the cost. He's getting all the work, may be getting more goal line carries, and the Jags are not defensive stalwarts.

Draft pick league. I'm 2 games out of the playoffs in our league with 6 games to play - 12 team league. My team is currently Brees QB, Maclin/A. Cooper WR, Lynch, M. Jones RB, D. Walker TE, Decker Flex, Jets DEF, Folk K (with Falcons DEF, Harvin, M. Crabtree, Torrey Smith, Alfred Morris, M. Mariota, Kenny Stills, A. Seferian-Jenkins on the bench).

Draft pick league. I'm 2 games out of the playoffs in our league with 6 games to play - 12 team league. My team is currently Brees QB, Maclin/A. Cooper WR, Lynch, M. Jones RB, D. Walker TE, Decker Flex, Jets DEF, Folk K (with Falcons DEF, Harvin, M. Crabtree, Torrey Smith, Alfred Morris, M. Mariota, Kenny Stills, A. Seferian-Jenkins on the bench).

Yeah, but like does it cost a specific pick for each player to keep?

Send Jets D/ST
Send T.Y. Hilton
Receive Demaryius Thomas
Receive Rams D/ST

Send James Jones
Send Travis Benjamin
Receive Brandon Marshall
Receive Emmanuel Sanders

Send John Brown
Send Martavis Bryant
Receive Stefon Diggs

Think they will bite?

Dude... stop, just stop.
All you've done is spam this thread with shit trade offers. I would never ever agree to any of those one-sided trades.

Tom Nook

Brees vs TEN or Dalton vs CLE

I'm leaning towards Brees because TEN just fired their HC and the Titans are just terrible overall. Obviously, I'm not expecting huge numbers from that insane game from last week.

With Dalton, CLE top Cornerback and Safety are out for this game, therefore it's tempting but it's a Thursday game, I hate Thursday games and who knows; it could repeat from last year where CLE blowout CIN 24 to 3 and that when Dalton starts to regress.

Yes. Yeldon would be a 3rd round keep for me next year.

Heh, same position as me. 3rd is right on the edge of value, I honestly think we need the rest of the year to say whether he will hit that value or exceed it.

I say you take DWill with the waiver and then negotiate in the meantime. DWill is functionally worthless for keeper purposes but you absolutely have to take him and then negotiate for Yeldon + whatever else you want. I wouldn't do the deal straight up though.

in a single weekend I lose Steve Smith Sr. and Keenan Allen and drop to 3-5 in one league. I was at one point 3-2 and looking like I had a promising roster. Oh well there is still hope in my other league.

Just offered E. Sanders, R. Hillman, and D. Woodhead for M. Ingram and R. Cobb.

This guy just lost Bell and the waiver wire is absolutely bare. I highly doubt he will give up Ingram, but I might as well try. I am stacked at WRs with A. Brown, L. Fitz, E. Sanders, D. Bryant, and B. Lafell.

I'm trying to sneak 3 free agents off of waivers this week with 11th priority out of 12. Just hoping no one checks until Thursday.

Someone dropped Derek Carr for some reason, so I'm trying to grab him quick to replace Josh McCown. Also trying to pick up Floyd after hearing that Allen is out for San Diego, I think he is in a good spot to become a strong flex for me.

Finally I am trying to make a decision between Jason Witten and Tamme for TE. Witten has done almost nothing since Week 1 and Tamme seems inconsistent.

necrosis

definitely aim for williams

yeldon is good, but williams is taking over for a high-powered offense whose rb1 has only failed to register double-digit points once this season

Should I offer Edelman straight up to whoever gets Deangelo Williams? Is that fair for both of us?

Not that it matters but I am (was) the Bell owner.

Should I offer Edelman straight up to whoever gets Deangelo Williams? Is that fair for both of us?

What matters is what the other team needs. Because unless they really need a receiver, you won't even receive a response.

That's a fair trade, but as the other poster mentioned, see if the Williams owner even needs a WR. Also, the fact that you own Bell might hurt you...in my experience, people don't want to reward the guy that didn't handcuff his elite RB, even though you may not have had a chance at getting Williams at the beginning of the season.

How bad is your RB situation currently?

That's a fair trade, but as the other poster mentioned, see if the Williams owner even needs a WR. Also, the fact that you own Bell might hurt you...in my experience, people don't want to reward the guy that didn't handcuff his elite RB, even though you may not have had a chance at getting Williams at the beginning of the season.

How bad is your RB situation currently?

Basically all I have is Lamar Miller (and *sigh* Ameer Abdullah). I'm looking to pick up Karlos Williams and/or Isaiah Crowell off waivers tomorrow. I'm 12th in waiver priority so there's no chance I'll get Deangelo Williams or Langford.

My WRs are: Beckham, Edelman, Anquan Boldin, Marvin Jones, Desean Jackson, and Davante Adams.

EDIT: Just got a trade proposal of Hillman and Tavon Austin for Edelman

Basically all I have is Lamar Miller (and *sigh* Ameer Abdullah). I'm looking to pick up Karlos Williams and/or Isaiah Crowell off waivers tomorrow. I'm 12th in waiver priority so there's no chance I'll get Deangelo Williams or Langford.

My WRs are: Beckham, Edelman, Anquan Boldin, Marvin Jones, Desean Jackson, and Davante Adams.

That's tough. You'd be really hurting your WR core by losing Edelman, so it's a bit of a wash. I dunno...maybe put a WR in your flex spot for the rest of the season and hope for the best with your RB2.

Edit: so a wr1 for a rb2 and wr2? How much do you trust Hillman?

Hazelhurst

I've got second waiver wire pick in one league and hopefully going to nab Deangelo Williams.

In my other league, I have last pick. I need another wide receiver since Megatron is on bye. Who would you go for between Stevie Johnson or Sammy Watkins?

GrapeApes

I've got second waiver wire pick in one league and hopefully going to nab Deangelo Williams.

In my other league, I have last pick. I need another wide receiver since Megatron is on bye. Who would you go for between Stevie Johnson or Sammy Watkins?
Watkins is the better player but I'd be scared he gets injured during the game. Real hard to trust his body to stay healthy.

Striker

I signed Deangelo Williams off waivers and picked up Malcolm Floyd since Keenan Allen is out for the year. Not going to start Floyd, I think, since I have Alshon Jeffrey and Stefon Diggs as my two wideouts. Flex is probably going to a HB, so: Latavius Murray or Deangelo Williams? It's probably an okay option either way, but with it being PPR, I think Williams might get more pts.

D23

Should i start Eli Manning or Cam Newton this week?

Can't decide, eli is playing against a shitty TB and Cam is playing against packers. my gut says Eli but he's not consistent and Cam is pretty consistent.

Also, am i crazy for benching Packers Defense and start New Orlean Saints Defense? the Saints is playing Tennessee Titans and Pack is playing the Panthers.

Can't decide on Flex this week

Gio Bernard - Good matchup but unsure if he'll get any carries

E. Lacy - Packers will be looking to get the offense going and they'll need Lacy to perform even against CAR.

M. Bryant - AHHHH

Koko

Banned
I signed Deangelo Williams off waivers and picked up Malcolm Floyd since Keenan Allen is out for the year. Not going to start Floyd, I think, since I have Alshon Jeffrey and Stefon Diggs as my two wideouts. Flex is probably going to a HB, so: Latavius Murray or Deangelo Williams? It's probably an okay option either way, but with it being PPR, I think Williams might get more pts.

Stick with DeAngelo for the Flex.

Should i start Eli Manning or Cam Newton this week?

Can't decide, eli is playing against a shitty TB and Cam is playing against packers. my gut says Eli but he's not consistent and Cam is pretty consistent.

Also, am i crazy for benching Packers Defense and start New Orlean Saints Defense? the Saints is playing Tennessee Titans and Pack is playing the Panthers.

Manning- High Ceiling
Newton- High Floor

And I do like that matchup for the Saints

Can't decide on Flex this week

Gio Bernard - Good matchup but unsure if he'll get any carries

E. Lacy - Packers will be looking to get the offense going and they'll need Lacy to perform even against CAR.

M. Bryant - AHHHH

Are you predicted to win? I would go with Martavis if that's the case.

If not then I would go with Lacy and hope this the game he goes off.

ACE 1991

Flex:

Malcom Floyd (@ Chi), James Jones (@Car) or Bradon LaFell (@Wash)

Currently leaning towrds Malcom Floyd (he had a huge game last week and sat on my bench), but James Jones has been pretty great most games this year, but then again Carolina has a pretty nice pass defense.

Badosh

Tyler Eifert vs the Browns

or

Delanie Walker vs the Saints

Should Walker get plenty of work with the injuries?

Eifert is better, I think.

Vernon Davis or Heath Miller at TE?

Brandon LaFell or Allen Hurns at WR3?

Kamar Aiken is also available.

Heath is safer.
Hurns.
Aiken is on bye.

Flex:

Malcom Floyd (@ Chi), James Jones (@Car) or Bradon LaFell (@Wash)

Currently leaning towrds Malcom Floyd (he had a huge game last week and sat on my bench), but James Jones has been pretty great most games this year, but then again Carolina has a pretty nice pass defense.

Um, I guess I'd lean Floyd, though LaFell is close. I don't think Floyd will have a big game, but a decent game. He's so boom or bust.

Start D. Murray or R. Hillman? D. Bryant or B. Lafell?
Bold is who I am thinking to go with.

Also C.J. Anderson is on waivers, should I grab him to have both Hillman and Anderson? I would have to drop Woodhead though..

My rbs are Gurley,D. Murray, Hillman, Forsett, and Woodhead

Standard scoring.

8 team league.

Tossing up over these 4 RB's for my flex spot (don't ask how I got them lol)
CJ Anderson against Indy
D.Murray against Dallas
D.Williams against Oakland
D.McFadden against Philly

I think i'm leaning towards McFadden but Anderson did look good last week and he's playing a poor Indy defense.

8 team league.

CJ Anderson against Indy
D.Murray against Dallas

I think i'm leaning towards McFadden but Anderson did look good last week and he's playing a poor Indy defense.

I'm thinking maybe Murray or Williams

Badosh

8 team league.

CJ Anderson against Indy
D.Murray against Dallas

Murray or Williams. Probably Williams.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else facing bye week hell and just punting this week?
My record seems OK enough to take just the loss.

I lay down arms this week to honor the memory of Steve Smith Sr, RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom