• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

oh cool Smith is down and can't walk by himself. Apparently achilles looks torn

My team has imploded in one day, amazing.
Seems like a lot of fantasy seasons are imploding in spectacular fashion today.
The lesson is... this game is pretty much just luck.

Don't feel too bad when you put in countless hours more time and research into making your team the absolute best possible than the guy you're facing and still come up short.

Also, some of those fantasy amateurs are going to scoop up DeAngelo Williams on Tuesday and win fantasy championships as a result.
This is one of those weeks where it pays to save up your entire FAAB budget to make a timely splash.

Incidentally, I can't fault Foster owners for not cuffing Blue (given the question marks about his talent even when afforded plenty of opportunity) or Charles owners for not cuffing West (seeing how Knile Davis was supposedly the most valuable cuff heading into the season and there were question marks about how that situation would play out absent Charles).

But Bell owners not keeping DeAngelo around? Unless your entire starting lineup was on bye this week I'm not sure you had much of an excuse.

Was watching the whole first half of the Denver vs Green Bay game just waiting for Sanders to make a catch because I was down just one point. Finally happened towards the end, so now I am 7-1 in my League and have a decent shot at winning my leauge. Pretty funny because my team is pretty awful.

UberTag

Was watching the whole first half of the Denver vs Green Bay game just waiting for Sanders to make a catch because I was down just one point. Finally happened towards the end, so now I am 7-1 in my League and have a decent shot at winning my leauge. Pretty funny because my team is pretty awful.
Even an awful team can win a fantasy season. Just get matched up against the one team that happens to perform worse on any given week.

Incidentally, the Broncos D is legit. Only 37 passing yards for the great Aaron Rodgers in the first half.
This team would probably go 7-0 with Brock Osweiler at quarterback.

Even an awful team can win a fantasy season. Just get matched up against the one team that happens to perform worse on any given week.

Incidentally, the Broncos D is legit. Only 37 passing yards for the great Aaron Rodgers in the first half.
This team would probably go 7-0 with Brock Osweiler at quarterback.

Seriously haha

I have had 130 less "points allowed" than anyone else in the League. This week I've had my highest total so far and just barely squeaked by because Tayvon Austin's magical 25 pts out of no where.

About Aaron Rodgers, I know he is a great QB and probably the best currently in the NFL, but I have never seen him play exceptionally well whenever I catch a Green Bay game. I think his receivers and offensive line are letting him down this game. Lots of drops and too much pressure.

necrosis

up 17 points even with dt and dion lewis riding the bench this week

still have mcmanus in play and frank gore for tomorrow (versus greg olsen and donte moncrief) but i'm feeling pretty comfortable, albeit not untouchable

hopefully the game-flow tomorrow favors the run game

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
First of all nice set of WRs.

I would go Maclin, Martavis and either Smith or Diggs at Flex.

Stewart in the flex, I hate him and even dropped him 3 weeks ago - but he is getting touches, Indy D is bad against run, and he is a clear starting RB (this isn't really close). For the WR - are you in PPR? If standard, Bryant (Ben is back and Bryant has been great even without him).

I probably go Stew, Bryant, Diggs (by a hair over Cobb and Maclin).

Thanks guys, good call on Diggs.
Losing Smith hurts, but the emergence of Diggs tempers his loss.

Ferny

They could be 7-0 with a toblerone at QB.

Legit laughed out loud at this.

This is my roster so far. Gonna try and go for Williams in the wire, but with FAAB, it may be tough. I had made a move to get Rodgers earlier in the week. Gave up DThomas + Hillman for him. Matt Ryan was just disappointing for me. Let's see how that turns out.

This is a 12 team league.

Mdu3uqY.png

Dazzler

My opponent had Brees on the bench this week - phew

He traded me Cam for Davante Adams earlier this week and now I just need 12 points from Cam to beat him - things are looking good

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
this years keeper (bust) season is over for me. oh well. statistically speaking I could only afford 1 loss for the rest of the season, and that came against a team I 200% should have beaten. His team dropped the ball and mine dropped it even worse. worst game of my season. I'll just ride it out without selling off my players and hope to place for the first or second pick next season.

good luck everyone else

phanphare

Banned
Down less than ten with John Stewart and Olsen to play.. I think I might be good.

Although now I need to figure out a replacement for Smith :(

oh you'll be fine, I'd imagine

it's raining here in Charlotte today. figure cam is going to rely on the run game for the most part. that plus the colts' awful defense should get you where you need to be with stewart alone.

Cagey

Banned
In a matchup of most points scored versus least points scored, the lowman dropped Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Malcolm Floyd, Demaryius Thomas, Alshon Jeffrey, and the Texans D/ST on my head.

I never stood a chance.

My streak of highest scorer and highest points against continues.

oh you'll be fine, I'd imagine

it's raining here in Charlotte today. figure cam is going to rely on the run game for the most part. that plus the colts' awful defense should get you where you need to be with stewart alone.

I figured I would. I'm trying to work on replacing Steve... I'm going to try to pick up Crabtree. Doubt I get him since I'm second to last on the waiver wire.

Edwardo

I need Ginn to score 15 more than Moncrief tonight in my 14 man keeper.

Also need Hilton to score 2 points in my 10 team league to win, and 8 points to take first place.

phanphare

Banned
I need Ginn to score 15 more than Moncrief tonight in my 14 man keeper.

Also need Hilton to score 2 points in my 10 team league to win, and 8 points to take first place.

you might have some trouble haha. I'm expecting josh norman to shut down ty hilton which means moncreif might see more targets than usual. also if the panthers can win utilizing the run game, which I think they can, ginn might not be that much of a factor.

Edwardo

you might have some trouble haha. I'm expecting josh norman to shut down ty hilton which means moncreif might see more targets than usual. also if the panthers can win utilizing the run game, which I think they can, ginn might not be that much of a factor.

Ya I'm doubting a win haha. I'm in big trouble in that league. Bell and Charles were my keepers going into this year. I have dangelo Williams, but didn't have west.

UberTag

Ya I'm doubting a win haha. I'm in big trouble in that league. Bell and Charles were my keepers going into this year. I have dangelo Williams, but didn't have west.
At least you learned your lesson about handcuffing to ensure you had DeAngelo in reserve.
He should give you 75-80% of what Bell gave you which is a lot better than what you would have had otherwise.

What do I do with Lacy and Hill going forward? Bench, start, dump, package both in a trade for a lesser piece? It's super annoying to have both of these guys on your roster. I'm 3-5 and have a decent shot at grabbing the #4 seed.

Edwardo

At least you learned your lesson about handcuffing to ensure you had DeAngelo in reserve.
He should give you 75-80% of what Bell gave you which is a lot better than what you would have had otherwise.

I had Knile Davis too, but waited to long to grab West :(

I'm the Charles owner that lost out on West. I just felt it was too early to blow the whole FAAB on a guy that unproven in that offense. Now if I knew Reid would actually change the O and Tiny Hands actually started growing a set of balls, maybe I would've broken the bank for West.
My opponent had Brees on the bench this week - phew

He traded me Cam for Davante Adams earlier this week and now I just need 12 points from Cam to beat him - things are looking good
Jim-Halpert-Looks-at-Computer-Shakes-Head.gif

What do I do with Lacy and Hill going forward? Bench, start, dump, package both in a trade for a lesser piece? It's super annoying to have both of these guys on your roster. I'm 3-5 and have a decent shot at grabbing the #4 seed.
Trade one. I feel Lacy might be easier to dump coming off a productive game of sorts.

UberTag

I had Knile Davis too, but waited to long to grab West :(
I had Davis until the week before Charles got hurt. Read that Knile was no longer who they liked. Dropped him but wasn't sold enough on West's talent to devote a bench/handcuff slot to him due to the uncertainty of his talent level and the apparent intention of running an RBBC if Charles were to go down.

Don't believe many Charles owners had West in reserve so don't beat yourself up about it.

Trade one. I feel Lacy might be easier to dump coming off a productive game of sorts.
This is good advice. I'd try to sell high on Lacy this week if I had him. (Redraft only; still worth sticking with him in dynasty/keeper formats.)

prag16

Banned
That is exactly my postion right now, him and Cooks decided to show up for work. Next week, I'll be conflicted on who to start:Dalton or Brees.

I also sat Brees for Dalton this week in my 'most serious' league. I will still win as long as Moncrief doesn't outscore J Stewart by more than 8 tonight but shit... brutal.

As you indicated, I don't really want the bullshit of deciding between them every week. I'm currently shopping them around the league to see who's interested and what I could get in return for one of them.

Badosh

Down 9 with Cam tonight, opponent has Moncrief. I'm projected to win by 3 now.

6-2 sounds so much better than 5-3. Cam save me.

Holy cow, Vernon Davis to the Broncos is huge.

..right?
Not sure if this is going to be a case where he can be what Julius Thomas was. He's definitely more fantasy viable now, but he's not a TE1 IHMO. He could be an upside TE2 if everything breaks well for him though.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Sucks I'm going to probably lose this week because Aaron Rodgers threw an egg out there yesterday but on the brightside I have deangelo Williams on my bench and lacy didn't look completely dead.

Offered Theo Riddick and DeSean Jackson for DeAngelo Williams. Seem like a fair offer? Bell owner, for the record.

My current TE is Jordan Cameron. Vernon Davis worth a look now?

VoxPop

Thought I was done for with Steve Smith, Leveon and Reggie Bush getting injured but I'm only down 11.5 because of Aaron Rodgers + James Jones. I have Greg Olsen playing tonight in half PPR. Still have a chance!

nillapuddin

Send Jets D/ST
Send T.Y. Hilton
Receive Demaryius Thomas
Receive Rams D/ST

Send James Jones
Send Travis Benjamin
Receive Brandon Marshall
Receive Emmanuel Sanders

Send John Brown
Send Martavis Bryant
Receive Stefon Diggs

Think they will bite?

GrapeApes

Receive Demaryius Thomas, Den WR from THOM to Bench
Receive Rams D/ST, StL D/ST from THOM to Bench
Send Jets D/ST, NYJ D/ST from D/ST to THOM
Send T.Y. Hilton, Ind WR from Bench to THOM

Receive Brandon Marshall, NYJ WR from TM12 to Bench
Receive Emmanuel Sanders, Den WR from TM12 to Bench
Send James Jones, GB WR from Bench to TM12
Send Travis Benjamin, Cle WR from Bench to TM12

Think they will bite?
No one is going to bite on this bullshit. Quit with the copy and paste. Ain't trying to spend a minute deciphering your post.

Send Jets D/ST
Send T.Y. Hilton
Receive Demaryius Thomas
Receive Rams D/ST

Send James Jones
Send Travis Benjamin
Receive Brandon Marshall
Receive Emmanuel Sanders

Send John Brown
Send Martavis Bryant
Receive Stefon Diggs

Think they will bite?

Nope. Maybe the last one, but I doubt it.

nillapuddin

Nope. Maybe the last one, but I doubt it.

Idk, Im just so unsatisfied with my receiving corps, im 6-2 yeah, but I can never feel like Im winning because of my WR, or I have my bench explode and my starters lay an egg.

With LeVeon going down, I feel like I need to revamp my WR and make sure I get consistent points, Gio/Dion + Waivers are not gunna replace LeVeon.

GrapeApes

stfu
Despite the names, numbers are actually really fair

186 vs 187
232 vs 233
No one cares about total points scored. Your trades come down to Denarius for Hilton. A WR1 for a WR2. Marshal and Sanders for Jones and Benjamin is terrible too. I wouldn't want James Jones. He's had 5 total receptions in the last 3 games! No one biting on this.

No one cares about total points scored. Your trades come down to Denarius for Hilton. A WR1 for a WR2. Marshal and Sanders for Jones and Benjamin is terrible too. I wouldn't want James Jones. He's had 5 total receptions in the last 3 games! No one biting on this.

Don't forget Rams for Jets D. Not that I blame him for trying, but c'mon.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Send Jets D/ST
Send T.Y. Hilton
Receive Demaryius Thomas
Receive Rams D/ST

Send James Jones
Send Travis Benjamin
Receive Brandon Marshall
Receive Emmanuel Sanders

Send John Brown
Send Martavis Bryant
Receive Stefon Diggs

Think they will bite?

If I were your commish I'd ban you from sending trade offers.

nillapuddin

I know Im reaching, but Im not playing with Football fans, Im playing with coworkers.
The numbers are very close so Im hoping they bite.

If none of them happen Ill be fine, if all of them happen idk what the fuck I do then

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Sucks I'm going to probably lose this week because Aaron Rodgers threw an egg out there yesterday but on the brightside I have deangelo Williams on my bench and lacy didn't look completely dead.

Due to mostly the rain I won...somehow. Waiting for some stat to get corrected and me to lose the game. Greg Olson for my opponent was 1 yd short from tying it...

(Im on the left)
hm1JTH8.png

i was expecting to lose this week to the number one team in the league but scraped by thanks to cam to newton connection. i shouldnt have benched both snead and cooks tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom