• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a point where if you follow Fantasy ROS projections you can dominate the wire. While people are looking at next weeks' matchup you can get the hot add 3-4 weeks away in the playoffs... guys like Hoyer and Bortles will be huge pointwise.

Apath

Dammit, I had the #3 waiver but didn't get Buck Allen. The guy who got him has DeAngelo Williams and Matt Forte, plus has no chance of making the playoffs.

My team is a lock for the playoffs, so I picked up Carlos Hyde as a stash consolation prize instead.

The good news, I have Rawls (and manged to snag Allen (Ravens HB) from waivers now that Starks lost #1 again.

The bad news, I've now lost all 3 drafted running backs.

Updated lists for cursed team, in memoriam

Bell (ACL)
Foster (Achilles Tear)
Smith Sr. (Achilles Tear)
Edelmen (Broken Foot)
Lynch (Sports Hernia)
Floyed(Picked up three weeks ago, will most likely be out this week also, 1/3 start)

Also I have a good feeling having Eli is going to pay huge dividends near the end of the season as they scramble to get into the playoffs as Brady has basically lost anyone to throw to for the rest of the regular season.

goober

Buck Allen went before Rawls on waiver claims this week. Serious question, why would you rank Allen over Rawls?
I see that he gets the workload and Lynch may come back. Also Allen has a good matchup this week. Any other reason?

MickeyPhree

Buck Allen went before Rawls on waiver claims this week. Serious question, why would you rank Allen over Rawls?
I see that he gets the workload and Lynch may come back. Also Allen has a good matchup this week. Any other reason?

He has the Browns and the Dolphins. Two decent match ups. Schedule is really tough after that. He'll get volume, but with Schaub throwing the ball and questionable options in the receiving core, there's no reason he should have been taken over Rawls.

Seems pretty foolish.

GiJoccin

i snagged buck allen in my league, person used number 1 waiver on spencer ware

i snagged buck allen in my league, person used number 1 waiver on spencer ware

I managed to pick up Ware for $1 in FAAB. I have West so it's solely a handcuff but was surprised I could have basically got him for free. Going #1 waiver on him, woof. West should keep his role despite Ware going off, so Ware is a streamer at best. Good move for you though.

I got Rawls, Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, and DeMarco Murray. Who's going in? All of them have shown the ability to go ham on certain weeks so I'm not sure who to put in.

I got Rawls, Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, and DeMarco Murray. Who's going in? All of them have shown the ability to go ham on certain weeks so I'm not sure who to put in.

1. Rawls - RB focused offense, is getting a lot of work in and out of redzone
2. Martin - so many yards
3. JStew - on a highly successful team
4. Murray - lol eagles

So is it safe to drop Beast Mode or is there a slim chance he is back before week 16?

I'm going to hang onto him just in case. They are saying a month, which means he might be back right at the end of the fantasy playoffs.

I'm in a bit of a weird position for my team. I've got Luck, Bradford, Osweiler at QB right now. Who knows if Luck will be back, but I can't drop him. Bradford is, well, Bradford. He's back this week, but I have 0 confidence in him, so I think I'm going to start Osweiler against NE. If Bradford plays well this week maybe I'll start him next week. But I'm feeling like I should grab another QB for the playoffs, just in case this poopoo platter doesn't work out. Who has the most upside for the playoffs between Hoyer, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick, Winston, Cutler, Alex Smith, or Hasselback?

So is it safe to drop Beast Mode or is there a slim chance he is back before week 16?

There's a chance he's back Week 16, but I think it's totally safe to drop him unless you don't have anything better for the bench space. It's entirely possible he's not well enough to start that week, or Rawls is good enough they don't rush him back, or they are out of the playoffs and it doesn't matter.

Tom Nook

Holy Crap, managed to nab J. Allen. should I start him or stay what I have?

Currently have the following RBs starting: (standard league)

Ivory vs MIA
Martin vs IND
Yeldon vs SD

Thinking of replacing Ivory for Allen vs CLE....

1. Rawls - RB focused offense, is getting a lot of work in and out of redzone
2. Martin - so many yards
3. JStew - on a highly successful team
4. Murray - lol eagles

I put Rawls and JStew in. Martin did so well last week but JStew is just more consistent.

Now should I put Whitten or Bennett in for TE. Whitten has been disappointing me lately and pretty much all season but so has Bennett. I should grab a different TE if I can I think.

CatBert

Neo Member
Okay so I'm in the same position as a lot of you now. I had Forsett, was able to grab Allen this week. So now my RBs are Ingram, Martin, and Allen. I'm putting in Ingram for sure (I think), but I'm torn on who to put in the other slot. Martin has had some really great weeks and some really poor weeks, but I also have no idea what Allen is going to do.

Help..?

OK, I need assistance.
I have Tom Brady. He plays Denver.
I have the Denver D. They play Brady.
I have Cam and Atlanta D as backup. I basically have a round robin of options here. My gut tells me to bench Brady and the Denver D, since it's a total trap game for my team either way. How would you guys proceed?

Tom Nook

OK, I need assistance.
I have Cam and Atlanta D as backup. I basically have a round robin of options here. My gut tells me to bench Brady and the Denver D, since it's a total trap game for my team either way. How would you guys proceed?

Don't start Atlanta D.
Start Cam and Denver D

Man, I'm sitting here looking at my RB situation for this week and I don't feel good:

Langford
Ingram
Lacey
Starks
Gore

Langford is of questionable value with Forte back
Gore is banged up (and awful)
Starks shit the bed when he had the chance to take the starting job.

Obviously Ingram is a go. Lacey had what I hope was a breakout game last week, but he is playing on Thanksgiving night. I'm afraid the big fella is gonna be all fucked up on turkey legs and tryptophan!

Tom Nook

Okay so I'm in the same position as a lot of you now. I had Forsett, was able to grab Allen this week. So now my RBs are Ingram, Martin, and Allen. I'm putting in Ingram for sure (I think), but I'm torn on who to put in the other slot. Martin has had some really great weeks and some really poor weeks, but I also have no idea what Allen is going to do.

Help..?

Almost same position as mines.
Ingram is consistent so Start him.
If you can, put both in with either Martin or Allen as Flex. If not, go with the hot hand: Martin.

Heh.. I was able to grab Javorius Allen, Thomas Rawls, and Crockett Gillmore in one waiver week. I'm scratching my head as to how that happened.

Need help with my lineup now, lol.

RBs I have: Rawls, Allen, DeAngelo Williams, Darren McFadden, and Doug Martin.

WRs: Julio Jones, Brandin Cooks, Emmanuel Sanders, and Kamar Aiken

TE: Barnidge and Gillmore

Leaning towards starting Rawls and Martin at RB and Jones/Cooks at WR with Sanders in flex (if healthy). Barnidge gets start at TE.

Smart way to go? Wish I could start everyone.

OK, I need assistance.

I'm benching Denver, but only because I also have Kansas City.

goober

Bennett has been ruled out, so I dropped him for Zach Miller who seems to be outplaying him in the same offense. Crocket Gillmore, Brent Celek, Ben Watson are all available though.

Thinking I might grab Ben Watson. Any ideas?

Bennett has been ruled out, so I dropped him for Zach Miller who seems to be outplaying him in the same offense. Crocket Gillmore, Brent Celek, Ben Watson are all available though.

Thinking I might grab Ben Watson. Any ideas?

Ben Watson is the best choice out of all of those.

Dazzler

feeling pretty good with Gurley, Rawls and Buck Allen as my RBs going into the playoffs

Picked up Rawls on Sunday before he went mini beast mode and dropped 90 of my waiver budget on Allen - not a lot else it can be spent on this close to end of season

prag16

Banned
Man, so many of you guys in leagues with rolling list waivers...

FAAB is the only way to fly. Completely fair and better in every way.

bigkrev

Need a streaming Defense. Leaning towards Cleaveland (vs Baltimore), but also considering Jacksonville (vs San Diego), and the Giants (vs Washington). Thoughts?

Beach

Happy Thanksgiving all just have a question
Is it actually acceptable to bench Dez this week with Josh Norman shadowing him?
Kamar Aiken and Willie Snead are on my bench

Also with Bennett out who would you go with?
Celek or Zach Miller?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Tyrod vs KC
Tannehill vs NYJ
Hoyer vs NO

I am leaning towards Hoyer.

Also wtf am I doing with my flex.

I have these RBs/WRs, current starters are in bold

Gurley
L. Miller
J Hill
V. Jackson
Megatron

Willie Snead
Davante Adams
TY Hilton
Cecil Shorts
Tre Mason (Just dropped Joique Bell for the security of having Gurley's handcuff, even tho it would automatically become a split with Cunningham)

Who do I play in my flex. Yes it's 3 WR, 2 RB and flex. I've had Hill in there all season.

My TE is Jordan Reed.

Dazzler

I have to choose between the following five in PPR for my final flex spot

Andre Ellington
Willie Snead
Duke Johnson
Devin Funchess
Kendall Wright

Leaning toward Funchess but Snead also looks an ok option

anyone got any suggestions?

Ptaaty

Brady or Stafford?

Any other week or situation this year...easy Brady.

This week Brady is in Denver, down to practice squad receivers (I guess no Amendola, for sure no Dobsen). Meanwhile Stafford is at home against the Eagles who have been getting torched through the air.

Against the ECR - I am currently planning on Stafford.

Also sitting Dez (playing A Rob and Calvin in stead)

Forte (assuming he plays) or Langford for FLEX? I hate this. Or do I just play it safe and go with Martavis Bryant?
I would go the safe route and go with Bryant. No one knows how they are going to split the carries with Forte and Langford. Langford wasn't exactly dominant last week either to keep a majority.

Concept17

So I've got Forte coming back from an injury and will be getting less than normal carries, or I have Rawls who just went bonkers last week. What are the chances Rawls outdoes Forte?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I have to choose between the following five in PPR for my final flex spot

Andre Ellington
Willie Snead
Duke Johnson
Devin Funchess
Kendall Wright

Leaning toward Funchess but Snead also looks an ok option

anyone got any suggestions?

Out of those options I would go Snead. The Cowboys run D is not great and I expect a huge dose of Stewart/Tolbert/Cam

Brady or Stafford?

This week Brady is in Denver, down to practice squad receivers (I guess no Amendola, for sure no Dobsen). Meanwhile Stafford is at home against the Eagles who have been getting torched through the air.

I hope you played Stafford. I would definitely sit Dez against Josh Norman. He has been RIDICULOUS all year and has gone on record saying he can't wait to shadow Dez.

Forte (assuming he plays) or Langford for FLEX? I hate this. Or do I just play it safe and go with Martavis Bryant?

Bryant by a mile dude.

I have Run DMC and Stewart starting at RB

I have Yeldon and Chris Johnson too.. Should I keep them in or switch one or both out?

Monitor the Run DMC injury situation. He is not 100%. I personally think you have the right two guys in, but SD @ Jax could become a track meet.

Lafell or James Jones in the FLEX?
Lafell. JJ's production is too unpredictable.

So I've got Forte coming back from an injury and will be getting less than normal carries, or I have Rawls who just went bonkers last week. What are the chances Rawls outdoes Forte?

Rawls by a mile.

I have two spots left on my team. My options:

Jordan Reed vs. Giants
Crockett Gilmore @ Browns
Devin Funchess @ Cowboys
Kamar Aiken @ Browns
Duke Hyou Johnson Jr. vs. Ravens

notes: Reed is playing through a knee sprain.

thoughts?

Apath

Calvin Johnson is ruining me. It's too bad the Eagles didn't show up and the Lions are just throwing the ball down the field with no opposition.

Koko

Banned
Off course that I'm against has Calvin Johnson.

I really need the win this week considering I'm playing against the guy who is in 4th place. Being down by 27 is not a good way to start.

Ptaaty

Brady or Stafford?

Well two good calls so far - played Stafford and Calvin....opponent has Eagles D. Great start. I really want to play Dez over B Marsh now - makes watching the games so much more fun, but I know it isn't the right call. Can also flex in L Miller

Help on my flex spot. Sammy Watkins or Jeremy Langford. I'm leaning Watkins even though he's so unpredictable. Just don't know what the Bears will do tonight with Forte and Langford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom