• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UraMallas

Calvin Johnson is ruining me. It's too bad the Eagles didn't show up and the Lions are just throwing the ball down the field with no opposition.

I played against him this week.. Luckily, I started Stafford over Bortles when I saw I was matched up against him.

Ptaaty

Help on my flex spot. Sammy Watkins or Jeremy Langford. I'm leaning Watkins even though he's so unpredictable. Just don't know what the Bears will do tonight with Forte and Langford.

Adding to the difficulty of choosing...Tyrod's shoulder is hurt and chiefs have been lights out. Otherwise I would say Watkins for sure.

As it is, wait for game time call on Forte and based decision off that...leaning Langford unless Forte is named starter

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I have two spots left on my team. My options:

Jordan Reed vs. Giants
Crockett Gilmore @ Browns
Devin Funchess @ Cowboys
Kamar Aiken @ Browns
Duke Hyou Johnson Jr. vs. Ravens

notes: Reed is playing through a knee sprain.

thoughts?

No he isn't, was totally cleared and practiced fully on Wednesday.

Reed is the best call of the bunch. I would go Reed/Funchess or if you already missed that boat, Reed/DJJ

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Adding to the difficulty of choosing...Tyrod's shoulder is hurt and chiefs have been lights out. Otherwise I would say Watkins for sure.

As it is, wait for game time call on Forte and based decision off that...leaning Langford unless Forte is named starter

Forte was named starter, but I am not sure I would trust it tonight.

I am avoiding Tyrod this week and all Bills for that matter. The KC defense has been lights out the last few weeks. I picked up Hoyer over starting my backup (Tannehill).

No he isn't, was totally cleared and practiced fully on Wednesday.

Reed is the best call of the bunch. I would go Reed/Funchess or if you already missed that boat, Reed/DJJ
Reed is healthy? Whelp easy decision to start him now, so it becomes:

Crockett Gilmore @ Browns
Kamar Aiken @ Browns
Duke Johnson Jr. vs. Ravens

Schaub is terrible but Browns have no corners... Leaning towards the Ravens because DJJr. snap % is so unreliable and trending down. I know Aiken will get volume (even with Schaub) and Gilmore should still see a ton of Red Zone looks, they just don't have many guys left.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Romo and Bryant have me in a hole. Going to need a miracle to win this week.

I need to play two. One in the WR slot, and another in the flex spot. Any suggestions?

Brandon Marshal v. Miami
Travis Benjamin v. Baltimore
Brandon Lafell v. Denver
Donte Moncrief v. Tampa Bay
Chris Ivory v. Miami

Leaning towards Marshall and Benjamin.

I need to play two. One in the WR slot, and another in the flex spot. Any suggestions?

Brandon Marshal v. Miami
Brandon Lafell v. Denver
Chris Ivory v. Miami

tough one

I think Ivory has the highest ceiling, but if u pick him and Marshall who is prob the best WR out of your list then thats a lot of eggs in the Jets basket.

I have Benjamin and was considering starting him, but with Johnny's demotion im not so sure anymore.

Lafell might still get his since NE doesnt have many other options, but I wouldnt bet on him against Denver. Moncrief is garbage, period.

Tom Nook

Off course that I'm against has Calvin Johnson.

I really need the win this week considering I'm playing against the guy who is in 4th place. Being down by 27 is not a good way to start.

I know the feeling but you still have a chance.

I'm against Stafford, Dez, and Steward and I'm down 60pts. Please let the NO/HOU game be an all out shootout.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Brandon Marshal v. Miami
Brandon Lafell v. Denver
Chris Ivory v. Miami

I think I would have to agree with your choices. I thought about Lafell over Benjamin but the Denver D will likely be all over him. Marshall is a no brainer.

tough one

I think Ivory has the highest ceiling, but if u pick him and Marshall who is prob the best WR out of your list then thats a lot of eggs in the Jets basket.

I have Benjamin and was considering starting him, but with Johnny's demotion im not so sure anymore.

Lafell might still get his since NE doesnt have many other options, but I wouldnt bet on him against Denver. Moncrief is garbage, period.

No way on Ivory. I have him in my secondary league and he has had declining output every week. His best bet is to fall into the end zone, Jeremy Hill style. It's a situation in which he would be a fantasy whack-a-mole. Needing a win, I would not take that gamble.

I know the feeling but you still have a chance.

I'm against Stafford, Dez, and Steward and I'm down 60pts. Please let the NO/HOU game be an all out shootout.

The HOU defense has been out of control dude. They may put up a bunch of points but I'd wager that NO won't be going crazy.

Ended up sticking with Watkins and Langford already has a TD. Sigh....

Brandon Marshal v. Miami
Brandon Lafell v. Denver
Chris Ivory v. Miami

Ivory and Benjamin.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ended up sticking with Watkins and Langford already has a TD. Sigh....

I hope I am wrong, but I think Watkins will be very quiet. You have to pay attention to the recent trends, and one of those is how dominant the KC defense has been.

I started Langford without hesitation. Minimal yardage, but the lucky TD is buoying his total.

NateDrake

Decent start to my fantasy week as I really need a win to stay in the playoff hunt. Alshon Jeffery missed projections by a few points, but I can't be too upset with a 16pt performance. Theo Riddick did nicely with 17pts. Now I just need Hoyer as my starting QB gamble to payoff on Sunday.

Decent start to my fantasy week as I really need a win to stay in the playoff hunt. Alshon Jeffery missed projections by a few points, but I can't be too upset with a 16pt performance. Theo Riddick did nicely with 17pts. Now I just need Hoyer as my starting QB gamble to payoff on Sunday.

I'm on the Hoyer train this week too. Been streaming QBs for the past few weeks with Luck and Bradford out. It's a wild ride!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I'm on the Hoyer train this week too. Been streaming QBs for the past few weeks with Luck and Bradford out. It's a wild ride!

We are united as a brotherhood of Hoyer streamers.

Apath

So I'm a little torn on my WR3 and flex, here is who I have available:
1. Stefon Diggs (WR)
2. Stevie Johnson (WR)
3. Anquon Boldin (WR)
4. Alfred Blue (RB)
5. Tevin Coleman (RB)

Currently I have Stefon slotted in the WR3 and Alfred Blue in the flex. My reasoning is that Stefon gets red zone targets even though the Vikings are a running offense, plus Stevie Johnson not really performing particularly well in the past. On the flip side, Stefon has had three straight weeks of barely making a dent.

Alfred Blue had over 20 carries last week, put up over 15 fantasy points and is playing New Orleans this week. But Tevin Coleman could have a monster game with Freeman out and Julio Jones being covered by Josh Norman.

Really not sure which way I should go with this.

Koko

Banned
But Tevin Coleman could have a monster game with Freeman out and Julio Jones being covered by Josh Norman.

This Norman fella must really hate me. He covered Dez yesterday and he is going to cover Lord Julio on Sunday? I might as well played without WRs.

Kidding aside I would stay with Diggs and Blue.

I'm also on the Hoyer train need a monster game either from him, Lord Julio or Yeldon in order for me to have a chance. If I don't win this week I'm probably done for the season.

Apath

This Norman fella must really hate me. He covered Dez yesterday and he is going to cover Lord Julio on Sunday? I might as well played without WRs.
Ah, am I mistaken then? My brother told me that Tevin Coleman could be getting a lot of touches for this reason, but I really have no idea.

Badosh

So I'm a little torn on my WR3 and flex, here is who I have available:
1. Stefon Diggs (WR)
2. Stevie Johnson (WR)
3. Anquon Boldin (WR)
4. Alfred Blue (RB)
5. Tevin Coleman (RB)

Currently I have Stefon slotted in the WR3 and Alfred Blue in the flex. My reasoning is that Stefon gets red zone targets even though the Vikings are a running offense, plus Stevie Johnson not really performing particularly well in the past. On the flip side, Stefon has had three straight weeks of barely making a dent.

Alfred Blue had over 20 carries last week, put up over 15 fantasy points and is playing New Orleans this week. But Tevin Coleman could have a monster game with Freeman out and Julio Jones being covered by Josh Norman.

Norman is on the Vikings now? That's great. Busy week.

That being said, stick with what you got, I think.

nillapuddin

Brandon Marshall
Emmanuel Sanders
Martavis Bryant
John Brown

Pick 2

Weeks Ive Had Devonta Freeman

W1: 6
W2: 15
W10: BYE
W11: 4
W12: 0

...Why must I kill everything I love

This guys team is 5-6 coming into this week
AC05lmJ.png

This is why I am terrified of the playoffs. Im going to be the #1 seed, but I havent scored over 120 in weeks...

Would you guys rather have Shaun Draughn over Karlos Williams or Ryan Mathews for the rest of the season? I wouldn't be starting any of them this week.

Draughn is SF's #1 while Hyde is out, and the reports on his foot are all over the place. They say he could start practicing this week, but they've been saying that for a few weeks now. I think Mathews is the best out of the 3 when fully healthy, but he's out with a concussion and hasn't started practicing yet either. And McCoy seems to be rolling lately in Buffalo, so Williams seems entirely dependent on whether they give him any red zone touches.

Badosh

Brandon Marshall
Emmanuel Sanders
Martavis Bryant
John Brown

Pick 2

Marshall Bryant

Would you guys rather have Shaun Draughn over Karlos Williams or Ryan Mathews for the rest of the season? I wouldn't be starting any of them this week.

Draughn is SF's #1 while Hyde is out, and the reports on his foot are all over the place. They say he could start practicing this week, but they've been saying that for a few weeks now. I think Mathews is the best out of the 3 when fully healthy, but he's out with a concussion and hasn't started practicing yet either. And McCoy seems to be rolling lately in Buffalo, so Williams seems entirely dependent on whether they give him any red zone touches.

I'd probably go Matthews > Draughn > Wiliams (If Hyde is out for ROS, otherwise Draughn is last) but Draughn and Matthews are close. I personally like to go with talent over workload most of the time.

Badosh

Yeah thats what I have as of right now also

Does having Carson as my QB 1 make Brown more appealing?

I got so jealous watching that guy have stafford/megatron, but I dont like getting that vertically integrated

Kind of. I'd still probably stick with the people who will most likely have a better game. I don't trust Brown right now, with the injury and such.

nillapuddin

Kind of. I'd still probably stick with the people who will most likely have a better game. I don't trust Brown right now, with the injury and such.

Yeah, since Carson has been my guy Ive basically watched every ARI game this year, they use him really well

Im just thinking the SF defense might be so bad, that everybody is gunna eat big. He looked pretty good running last week

YTD
Ig5Wb7S.png

AC05lmJ.png

This is why I am terrified of the playoffs. Im going to be the #1 seed, but I havent scored over 120 in weeks...
3. Your magic number is 93

We've looked at this for three years now, and for three years, it's really remarkable. The average playoff team in an ESPN standard league scored 93 points a week. There will be weeks when you score more and lose, weeks where you score less and win, and every league is different. But it's a solid number for our purposes here. Get to that number every week in our standard game, and you'll often win enough games to make the playoffs.

Your goal is to start a lineup that gets to 93 points a week. Now, there are many, many ways to get there, but let's just pick a way and make a sheet that lists the starting positions and assigns projected points to target from those spots:

QB: 18
RB: 13
RB: 11
WR: 11
WR: 9
TE: 8
FLEX: 8
K: 8
D/ST: 7
Total: 93

Could your QB score 20 and your RB1 get 11? Of course. Many ways to get to 93. But forget specific players for a second, I just want to concentrate on a simple exercise to visualize how you'll arrive at that total on a weekly basis and where points get distributed.
Now you're a #1 seed so let's say you tack on 6 more points because you assume everyone will be getting their max output in the playoffs. If your average FPPG each week is in that 93-99 range, you will win most of your games. 100 and over and you're golden.

Amendola most likely being out is gonna hurt me bad.

I need help on deciding which WR to play instead of him, i need to choose 2 out of:
AJ Green
Michael Floyd
Stefon Diggs
Jeremy Maclin
Doug Baldwin

So I have 2 spots for Doug Martin, TJ Yeldon, and Spencer Ware. Martin and Yeldon have great match-ups (Yeldon with the best match-up in the league) and Ware is against a decent D, but I don't think Yeldon is actually that good and Ware destroyed said best match-up last week. Also, Martin is such a hard player to trust especially with Winston vulturing the goal line TDs. What to do.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Brandon Marshal v. Miami
Brandon Lafell v. Denver
Chris Ivory v. Miami

Decided on Marshal and Ivory. With Manziel out, I can't trust Benjamin to do much today. I'm pretty much guaranteed a loss this week, but I I can hope for the Jets to have a big game against Miami and that at least seems possible.

nillapuddin

Now you're a #1 seed so let's say you tack on 6 more points because you assume everyone will be getting their max output in the playoffs. If your average FPPG each week is in that 93-99 range, you will win most of your games. 100 and over and you're golden.

177, 121, 130, 115, 152, 104, 114, 117, 129, 92, 101
I feel like my average points is so over inflated because of that week 1

I think Im more Lucky than Good, but I can live with that
My team is Tondas Troops
dtQA7WX.png

Badosh

Dalton or Eli today?

Eli

So I have 2 spots for Doug Martin, TJ Yeldon, and Spencer Ware. Martin and Yeldon have great match-ups (Yeldon with the best match-up in the league) and Ware is against a decent D, but I don't think Yeldon is actually that good and Ware destroyed said best match-up last week. Also, Martin is such a hard player to trust especially with Winston vulturing the goal line TDs. What to do.

I'd still go Martin and Yeldon.

ok, need help

3 running backs, pick 2 (or rather, Allen or Ware?)

Rawls
Buck Allen
Ware

4 WR, pick 2

Boldin
Floyed(questionable)
Snead
Garcon

Rawls, Allen

Snead, Floyd (Garcon, if he doesn't play)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom