• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Jags are so stagnant in the redzone. I should have went S.Ware over Yeldon. Maybe even over Martin who gets pulled at the RZ now too more than I'd like (though he did have a TD called back because of a hold).

nillapuddin

2 weeks ago between Freeman, Gore and Gio I thought I was set for the playoffs

Now Im feeling really insecure

#50 ranked CJ Anderson is the next 'best' available.

4 weeks ago, LeVeon, Dion, Gio. Now that I felt good about

Wads

Banned
I left Sammy Watkins on the bench today. :( Started Julio Jones, M Bryant, and Alshon. Hindsight 20/20 of course...

On the plus side, in my other league, i picked up Julius Thomas and started him. Struggled at TE all year and finally got someone who went off.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Any chance in hell LaFell goes off? I'm assuming no becuase he's playing against Denver...

There's a chance. LaFell will kind of have to be part of any effective offense they can muster. The big if is if they'll be able to get anything together. I predict a low scoring game, and think there's a better chance of Denver breaking out tonight than the Patriots.

Badosh

Looks like I'll pick up my 3rd loss of the year with Brown shut down and Rawls doing little. Shrug.

Oh, maybe not. Rawls TD, woo.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, Marshall and Ivory had a pretty good game and I have a long shot of winning. I really could have used a better game from Rawls though.

Currently sitting at 34 points down. He's done for the week. I have Gronk playing tonight, as well as Denver's Kicker and Defense. So it's a tough one. A good Gronk night means a bad Denver night.

And I would rather lose the week and see the Broncos win.

This game is going to be nuts...

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Lost by 10, which I'm surprised by given how badly Romo and Dez did.

Worse loss is the one you could have won, and if I had played Brock instead of Romo I would have won.

Have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do about Gronk though.

Yep so i left Anderson, Maclin and Baldwin on the bench which in turn caused me to lose. Damn Ingram and Gurley shitting the bed :(

Also I refuse to play Diggs anymore, that Vikings offense is terrible for WR's

Man, with Gronk gone, Brady basically has nobody left to even throw to
tumblr_inline_mvawy8ruEw1rwhawf.gif

... this pleases me...
Also I refuse to play Diggs anymore, that Vikings offense is terrible for WR's
It's almays been a run-first offense especially if Peterson has got it going. Factor in the O-Line can't passblock... yeah, Diggs is pretty much a WR3.

I'm annoyed with myself never bothering to look for better back-up QB's. I stuck with my draft picks (Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco) and never thought about trying to upgrade until Flacco got injured. Now with Matt Ryan sucking I might end up starting Jameis Winston next week unless someone decent shows up on waivers.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm annoyed with myself never bothering to look for better back-up QB's. I stuck with my draft picks (Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco) and never thought about trying to upgrade until Flacco got injured. Now with Matt Ryan sucking I might end up starting Jameis Winston next week unless someone decent shows up on waivers.

Yeah that is a common mistake, I have learned to just cut bait when things arent working out. I got rid of DaVante Adams in my 10 team league a few weeks back after having the dude on my bench for a while doing nothing. So far the right decision. I held onto him in my 12 teamer tho.... been a waste of a spot.

I got less than 9 points combined from Lamar Miller, Todd Gurley, and my kicker Josh Brown and I am still up by 49 right now. Also would have been better off with Tannehill or Tyrod over Hoyer. Thank you Calvin Johnson, TY Hilton, and Carolina defense.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I want to have a backup TE for Gronk just in case. I've ignored the position all season since I had Gronk. Should I just grab Chandler, or is there someone else I should see if available?

TylerD

Played Palmer over Carr this week and probably lost due to that point diff. Played Carr last week over Palmer and lost due to that point difference. Have Barnidge to go and down by 22 instead of 7. Lost 3 out of 4 games now but I finally have my stud RB if C West misses extended time. I was able to pick up Spencer Ware Wednesday morning from FA without burning my waiver position!

Fantasy football is fun...

Might as well grab Chandler since he won't play unless Gronk is injured.

Chandler played last night and got a ton of targets, and that was before Gronk got injured. He's definitely worth picking up, but don't expect Gronk-level performance.

I picked up Crockett Gilmore this morning by dropping Duke Johnson Jr. I'm also going for Chandler and Jordan Reed off waivers, but I have a feeling I'm going to be blocked.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Chandler played last night and got a ton of targets, and that was before Gronk got injured. He's definitely worth picking up, but don't expect Gronk-level performance.

I picked up Crockett Gilmore this morning by dropping Duke Johnson Jr. I'm also going for Chandler and Jordan Reed off waivers, but I have a feeling I'm going to be blocked.

Jordan Reed was available?

oDXWiF3.png

Jordan Reed was available?

I know, right? In my league, playoffs begin next week, so a lot of people purged their rosters of unnecessary players before the start of week 12. I just know some douche who already has a decent TE will pick him up...Gronk's injury couldn't come at a worse time for me.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I know, right? In my league, playoffs begin next week, so a lot of people purged their rosters of unnecessary players before the start of week 12. I just know some douche who already has a decent TE will pick him up...Gronk's injury couldn't come at a worse time for me.

I would block anyone, fuck that.

JFunky

So apparently someone in my league dropped cj Anderson awhile back and he's still available. So Anderson or David Johnson? I'm second on the waiver list so I know I'll get one of them wondering who I should set as my first option?

So apparently someone in my league dropped cj Anderson awhile back and he's still available. So Anderson or David Johnson? I'm second on the waiver list so I know I'll get one of them wondering who I should set as my first option?
CJ Anderson, guaranteed 1A role as RB. Dude is running hard and is even involved in the screen game.

That's what I was leaning towards. Thanks!
Whoops, apparently Andre Ellington's injury is more serious than I thought:
The Cardinals are calling Andre Ellington's injury turf toe.

It can be a multi-week, sometimes even season-ending, injury. Ellington should be considered doubtful for Week 13.
You know what? Forget my earlier comment, take David Johnson.

Tom Nook

Need DEF advise.

Currently have STL but will get a different team. On waivers:

Who should get priority 1, 2, and 3?
TEN, WAS, or MIN

Leaning towards

1. WAS vs DAL
2. TEN vs JAC
3. MIN vs SEA

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.