• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chandler played last night and got a ton of targets, and that was before Gronk got injured. He's definitely worth picking up, but don't expect Gronk-level performance.

I picked up Crockett Gilmore this morning by dropping Duke Johnson Jr. I'm also going for Chandler and Jordan Reed off waivers, but I have a feeling I'm going to be blocked.

I guess I worded that bad, I meant he might as well grab Chandler since he has Gronk and the only way Chandler would play on his team (not real life) is if Gronk is injured.

I am also trying to grab Chandler, 12/12 on the waiver wire doesn't seem too promising though :(

Trying to grab David Johnson, I need a RB2 bad since Murray is playing for the Eagles and Hillman lost his starting job to C.J Anderson.

Got first seed and a first round bye into the playoffs! Adrian Peterson has been putting my team on his back. I got a touchdown from every player this past week that I put in though: DeSean Jackson, Alfred Blue, Adrian Peterson, Chris Ivory, and Michael Crabtree.

Really odd team, but it has been working for me. I've been working favorable matchups hard week in and week out.

Do I play Hillman or Demarco Murray? Eagles are so horrible right now I can't fathom to start Murray with ease. Hillman might be taking a backseat to Anderson but even then he seems like he could score more points than Murray.

Praying I get David Johnson off waivers so I don't have to decide.

Also, Pick 3 out of these WRs, projections are next to them (bold is who I am currently starting).

A. Brown 13.59 vs IND
L. Fitzgerald 10.50 @ STL
E. Sanders 9.89 @ SD
D. Bryant 7.20 @ WAS
B. LaFell 10.77 vs PHI

Do I play Hillman or Demarco Murray? Eagles are so horrible right now I can't fathom to start Murray with ease. Hillman might be taking a backseat to Anderson but even then he seems like he could score more points than Murray.

Praying I get David Johnson off waivers so I don't have to decide.

Also, Pick 3 out of these WRs, projections are next to them (bold is who I am currently starting).

A. Brown 13.59 vs IND
L. Fitzgerald 10.50 @ STL
E. Sanders 9.89 @ SD
D. Bryant 7.20 @ WAS
B. LaFell 10.77 vs PHI

As bad as the Eagles are, I'd still go with Murray over Hillman and Johnson. And I would go with Brown, Fitzgerald and Sanders at WR. Maybe swap Bryant for Sanders, but it's so hard to tell with Cassel and Osweiler at QB.

Thanks you guys. My RB1 is Gurley who I am worried will start getting worse since he is on such a shitty offense just like Murray. I'll roll with them both this week and just hope they show some upside for the playoffs.

I would normally play Dez over Sanders but I don't think Dez will be playing as hard moving forward with the Cowboys most likely out of the playoff race and with Cassel throwing to him. LaFell has me raising an eyebrow with his high projected points (going against the eagles d too), but so far he has been fantasy football fool's gold.

nillapuddin

Why is DEN still rated #1 ROS for DST?

@ SD, OAK, @ PIT, CIN, SD

Those all seem like really tough matchups, in a blind test, I wouldnt start any DST against those matchups

(Have SEA and KC, still putting in a waiver for DEN)

Drop Frank Gore for David Johnson (potentially) ?

Current RBs: Freeman, Bernard, Gore

Waiver claims in for CJ Anderson and David Johnson

TylerD

Picked up D Johnson with my 4th position waiver and also grabbed S. Draughn off of FA this morning.

Now my RBs are (D Murray, F Gore, D. Johnson, S. Draughn, S. Ware)

Team as it stands now @ 8-4, 2nd in my 10 team league:

QB: Palmer, Carr
RB: D Murray, F Gore, D. Johnson, S. Draughn, S. Ware
WR: A. Brown, D. Hopkins, M. Evans, John Brown, B Lafell
TE: Barnidge
K: Catanzaro
DST: Arizona

Last week was ROUGH for my WRs. Brown, Hopkins and Evans combined for 15.1 standard. :(

What do you guys think about the Seahawks D? They have been terrible lately, so I'm considering streaming the rest of the way out. I can grab the Bears D (@SF) for this week - yes or no?

Dazzler

Given that Carolina are playing NO this week and I'm rolling with Cam at QB, I'm thinking of starting Funchess in flex

I can see him having a big game

team that is freaking 3-9 took Denver DST in waivers in front of me

JUST GIVE UP ALREADY!!!

No, no one gives up in fantasy football. Deal with it, it keeps the league competitive and it's a good thing. I'm 5-7 but I'm not about to abandon my team and destroy the competitive balance. If someone's gonna beat me they have to earn it.

Reed is an easy top 5 when healthy IMO. I've even started him over Eifert. Last week he had 8 catches and is Redskins best redzone threat.

Thanks, that's a relief. Our playoffs begin this weekend and the person I'm playing against snagged Chandler despite already owning Olsen. I can't blame him for blocking me, but now it's personal.

These last two weeks have been fucking brutal. Most of my team is putting up singe digits. I dominated earlier in the year and I am still in 1st place. The playoffs are in two weeks and I am worried.

These last two weeks have been fucking brutal. Most of my team is putting up singe digits. I dominated earlier in the year and I am still in 1st place. The playoffs are in two weeks and I am worried.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm also going into the playoffs in 1st place, but I'm fresh off a 3 game losing streak. And losing Gronk in a meaningless game just makes matters worse.

I know exactly how you feel. I'm also going into the playoffs in 1st place, but I'm fresh off a 3 game losing streak. And losing Gronk in a meaningless game just makes matters worse.

I felt so confident too! Our waivers are worst to best, so even though I am on 2 game losing streak I have last dibs on waivers still. Somehow I managed to grab Chandler for this week just because (I have Watson as my TE). Ugh, now Kubiak is saying Hillman is still starting over Anderson.. so I think I might make the switch of him in for D. Murray. I CANNOT afford another piss poor performance from Murray this week..

gimmmick

What do you guys think about the Seahawks D? They have been terrible lately, so I'm considering streaming the rest of the way out. I can grab the Bears D (@SF) for this week - yes or no?

I'm still rolling with them. They gave up a lot of points to Pitts, but the question is.... can they stop the run against Minn?

Would it be a waste to add Marshawn Lynch? Our playoffs are week 15 and 16. His time table is 3-4 weeks if he even does come back.. I could drop Chandler once Gronk is back in full swing just to have lynch on my bench for the playoffs in case he does play.

Badosh

Would it be a waste to add Marshawn Lynch? Our playoffs are week 15 and 16. His time table is 3-4 weeks if he even does come back.. I could drop Chandler once Gronk is back in full swing just to have lynch on my bench for the playoffs in case he does play.

I don't think he comes back before the end of, at least, the fantasy season, if at all this year. But, if you have a spot on the bench, i guess I'd roster him. I would probably keep Chandler, just in case Gronk gets hurt or something again in 15 or 16. Don't want to scramble in the finals.

UraMallas

Blake Bortles @ Titans
or
Matthew Stafford vs Packers

Stafford coming off that big game makes me think the lights might've turned out but the Packers have a pretty good D. Regular league. Yahoo projects Stafford at 3 full points more, so I dunno...

Badosh

Blake Bortles @ Titans
or

Stafford coming off that big game makes me think the lights might've turned out but the Packers have a pretty good D. Regular league. Yahoo projects Stafford at 3 full points more, so I dunno...

Stick with Stafford.

Got Chandler and David Johnson on waivers somehow.

Starting Chandler at TE since it's been a dumpster fire at that position all year for me.

I need to decide which 2 to start at RB this week: Chris Ivory, Lamar Miller, David Johnson, Theo Riddick. Full point PPR league.

And I'm leaning toward Bortles over Brees this week as well. Any thoughts on that?

What are you guy's teams looking like? Gotta get yourselves ready for Playoffs this last week.

My League: 16-teamer w/ Double Flex (WR/TE and WR/RB/TE)

QB: Eli Manning
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Kamar Aiken, Devin Funchess, DeVante Parker
RB: DeAngelo Williams, Chris Ivory, Javorius "Buck" Allen, Duke Johnson Jr.
TE: Jordan Reed, Crockett Gilmore
K: Josh Lambo
DEF: Chicago

Hopefully I can repeat, a lot of tough guys in my League.

bolded are Drafted Players.

goober

I dropped Eli for Stafford. I picked Eli up off as a FA last week and watched 3/4 of his game. It looks like the O-Line is in shambles. Everyone is injured. But he has OBJ! I'm conflicted, but I think it was a good decision unless someone can convince me otherwise.

I dropped Eli for Stafford. I picked Eli up off as a FA last week and watched 3/4 of his game. It looks like the O-Line is in shambles. Everyone is injured. But he has OBJ! I'm conflicted, but I think it was a good decision unless someone can convince me otherwise.
All I need is 15 points for Eli a.k.a he doesn't dud. Because Giants don't seem to ever run the ball he usually has to pass all the time. Depends what you need out of the position.

What are you guy's teams looking like? Gotta get yourselves ready for Playoffs this last week.

My League: 16-teamer w/ Double Flex (WR/TE and WR/RB/TE)

QB: Eli Manning
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Kamar Aiken, Devin Funchess, DeVante Parker
RB: DeAngelo Williams, Chris Ivory, Javorius "Buck" Allen, Duke Johnson Jr.
TE: Jordan Reed, Crockett Gilmore
K: Josh Lambo
DEF: Chicago

Hopefully I can repeat, a lot of tough guys in my League.

bolded are Drafted Players.

That's a great team for a 16 team league!

My League: 8 teams, standard scoring, single flex (RB/WR), 2 week playoffs, 2 week superbowl (cumulative score for each wins). Playoffs begin this weekend.

QB: Tom Brady, Russell Wilson
WR: O. Beckham Jr., DeAndre Hopkins, Emmanuel Sanders, Martavis Bryant, John Brown, Julian Edelman (IR)
RB: Jonathan Stewart, Eddie Lacy, Thomas Rawls, Ronnie Hillman, Ryan Mathews
TE: Rob Gronkowski, Jordan Reed
K: Brandon McManus, Dan Bailey
DEF: Patriots, Chiefs

Sorry for making this post so long, but tell me who you think will win in my matchup in the playoffs:

QB: Brady vs Palmer
RB: Stewart, Rawls, Lacy vs. Miller, Morris, Bernard
WR: Hopkins, Beckham vs. Maclin, Jeffery
TE: Reed vs. Olsen
DEF: Patriots vs. Bears
K: McManus vs. Tucker

Is that this week or next week? I'd have to find out who's facing who...

This week:

QB: Brady @Phi vs Palmer @StL
RB: Stewart @NO, Rawls @Min, Lacy @Det vs. Miller @Bal, Morris @Dal, Bernard @Cle
WR: Hopkins @Buf, Beckham @NYJ vs. Maclin @Oak, Jeffery @SF
TE: Reed @Dal vs. Olsen @NO
DEF: Patriots @Phi vs. Bears @SF
K: McManus @SD vs. Tucker@Mia

This week:

QB: Brady @Phi vs Palmer @StL
RB: Stewart @NO, Rawls @Min, Lacy @Det vs. Miller @Bal, Morris @Dal, Bernard @Cle
WR: Hopkins @Buf, Beckham @NYJ vs. Maclin @Oak, Jeffery @SF
TE: Reed @Dal vs. Olsen @NO
DEF: Patriots @Phi vs. Bears @SF
K: McManus @SD vs. Tucker@Mia
Just my opinion:
QB: Brady even without alot of his weapons is still match-proof
RB: Much higher floor and upside on that side.
WR: This isn't close. Nuk is still a beast who should see minimum 8 targets, OBJr vs. Cro LOL
TE: Olsen Top 3 TE and facing the Saints, who hemorrhage points to TEs? Sign me up.
K: I think it's more of a shootout and McManus has been pretty good.
DEF: Niners can't really run and Gabbo on the road? I can see him throwing a pick or 2.

Just my opinion:
QB: Brady even without alot of his weapons is still match-proof
RB: Much higher floor and upside on that side.
WR: This isn't close. Nuk is still a beast who should see minimum 8 targets, OBJr vs. Cro LOL
TE: Olsen Top 3 TE and facing the Saints, who hemorrhage points to TEs? Sign me up.
K: I think it's more of a shootout and McManus has been pretty good.
DEF: Niners can't really run and Gabbo on the road? I can see him throwing a pick or 2.

chance.png

OK I've got decisions to make and I've gotta get some feedback.

Start or Sit:

Brady or Cam
Blount or Forte
Montcrief or Aiken
Tyler Lockett (Kickoff return yards are overvalued in my league) or Brandin Cooks

I need another pair of eyes on a couple of my choices as well:

First, Seattle D or Green Bay D?

Second, for RB JStew, Doug Martin, Rawls, and Murray. I have JStew and Martin in right now which is good. I'm wondering if I should put Rawls in though, Murray has been disappointing this year.

Third, WR: I have T Benjamin, Martavis Bryant, and John Brown in right now. Should I put Crabtree in for any of them. I'm leaning towards swapping out T Benjamin or John Brown but Benjamin just saved my week, Bryant has a pretty good time next week,

Ptaaty

Blake Bortles @ Titans
or

Stafford. He does best at home on turf, has done better each week since the new OC. On top of that, Titans have a good D (better than GB right now). Finally, Hurns is almost surely not playing (Bortles down his WR2).

I have Brady and Stafford - and I played stafford last week and have been tempted to again (Brady playing a good D I would...but you know Eagles...)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Tough week for me.

Did pick up Chandler to replace Gronk.

Right now I'm planning to play Brandon Marshall and Brandon LaFell in the WR spots. Got Rawls in my RB slot.

Currently have Ivory in the flex spot.

On the bench are Dez, Travis Benjamin and Moncrief.

Ptaaty

I need another pair of eyes on a couple of my choices as well:

First, Seattle D or Green Bay D?

Second, for RB JStew, Doug Martin, Rawls, and Murray. I have JStew and Martin in right now which is good. I'm wondering if I should put Rawls in though, Murray has been disappointing this year.

Third, WR: I have T Benjamin, Martavis Bryant, and John Brown in right now. Should I put Crabtree in for any of them. I'm leaning towards swapping out T Benjamin or John Brown but Benjamin just saved my week, Bryant has a pretty good time next week,

1. Seattle D. MN doesn't turnover much, but just don't put up the points. IMO GB could get more than a few points put up on them.

2. RB - Pretty easy call. Rawls, Jstew. Rawls - he'll get 20+ carries and MN gives up run yardage (less TDs), Joseph might be out. Jstew is against NO. Dmart is against Falcons - before last week only avg 80 yard rushing allowed (total, not to RB1). Murray is against Pats...not good, and Murray hasn't been good regardless.

3. Bryant stays in. Normally I would put in Crabtree next...but KC has been really good on D lately (last week a bit off), you are right in the flip a coin area.

Tough week for me.

Did pick up Chandler to replace Gronk.

Right now I'm planning to play Brandon Marshall and Brandon LaFell in the WR spots. Got Rawls in my RB slot.

Currently have Ivory in the flex spot.

On the bench are Dez, Travis Benjamin and Moncrief.

You're...benching Dez for LaFell? Bold move. Have to say I like Benjamin more; if nothing else the Browns love to throw that guy deep bombs since their junktime starts early. I love LaFell for steady points but Brady is not really throwing to him in the redzone. (Of course I'm starting him this week so I really hope he does!)

Ptaaty

OK I've got decisions to make and I've gotta get some feedback.

Start or Sit:

Brady or Cam
Blount or Forte
Montcrief or Aiken
Tyler Lockett (Kickoff return yards are overvalued in my league) or Brandin Cooks

1. They are ECR 2-1, flip a coin. I say Cam this week.
2. Blount. Forte is in a full blown split for carries.
3. Not sure
4. Lockett if you have return yards. Neither guy will likely do too much on offense (a couple catches each, possibility for one big play, but both have poor D matchups.)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You're...benching Dez for LaFell? Bold move. Have to say I like Benjamin more; if nothing else the Browns love to throw that guy deep bombs since their junktime starts early. I love LaFell for steady points but Brady is not really throwing to him in the redzone. (Of course I'm starting him this week so I really hope he does!)

I'm still debating in my mind, but Dez really hasn't done much since coming back, and with Romo gone I don't expect that to change.

I like Benjamin as well and considering putting him in my flex spot instead of Ivory, Leaning towards Ivory because they're going against the Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom