• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching some of Mychel's d-league highlights, his shot just might be better than Klay's......

Seth has some decent moves on the inside........ But his range is just as deep as Steph's. Here's some of the highlights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YseP7Wjl7I

edit: Damn Seth dropped 44 in D-league playoff game last year with 9-14 3PT FGA...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK6mPULgLE

Someone give this man a chance.

Why the hell are these two not in the NBA???!???!?
mindblown.png

It's not like they're busted up like Taylor Griffin. Shit if Austin Rivers can make it in the NBA then I'm sure those two could.

Ha ha I was at that game where Seth dropped 44! Been to a ton of those games BTW. It's kinda weird having 3 brothers of NBA All Stars on our D League team (Seth Curry, Mychel Thompson, Taylor Griffin). Well Seth is gone now but you know what I mean.

Ha ha I was at that game where Seth dropped 44! Been to a ton of those games BTW. It's kinda weird having 3 brothers of NBA All Stars on our D League team (Seth Curry, Mychel Thompson, Taylor Griffin). Well Seth is gone now but you know what I mean.

At this point Taylor's chances of going back to the NBA don't look good. :/

He's older than Blake and almost 30 years old :(

That's gotta suck, having that shit rubbed in your face with Kia commercials all the time.

Spinluck

If Lebron played in the west he'd be 0-0 in finals.

Dude gets more of a pass than any other player in history, so many of you are right here right now thinkers.

What a weird line of thinking since he'd presumably have better teams in the West.

2 of his 3 Finals losses were against teams that were blatantly better than what he carried to the playoffs.

I'm excluding the massive choke against the Mavs though. That was more sad than anything, credit to the Mavs though, still surprised they outplayed that Heat team.

Dude gets more of a pass than any other player in history, so many of you are right here right now thinkers.

Yes cause beating the best team in the West twice is getting a pass. He destroyed OKC which was by far the best team in the west and barely got though San Antonio the other year.

Worst case he's 1 - 0 with 1 Championship and only arriving to the finals once. For the majority of posters 1 - 0 is better than 2 - 4 (when he looses this year)

What a weird line of thinking since he'd presumably have better teams in the West.

2 of his 3 Finals losses were against teams that were blatantly better than what he carried to the playoffs.

I'm excluding the massive choke against the Mavs though. That was more sad than anything, credit to the Mavs though, still surprised they outplayed that Heat team.

Choke by he's standards is still a triple double in the elimination game and having the best stat line in both teams by far. Nah I'll go with Dallas outplayed them.

kaiju

Remember when we traded Vince Carter's pick to get Jamison?
Or when we took Joe Smith with the first pick of the draft?
Or when we thought Larry Hughes was going to be the next AI?
Or when Adonal Foyle shot over the goddamn backboard?
Or when we were down by 10 with 3 minutes to go and thought Bimbo Coles would lead us to victory?
Or when Warriors basketball was "a great timeout?"

I could really go on...

Hahaha this is all great. I forgot about that backboard shot by Foyle, damn lol. Great stuff.

Remember Thunder? What the hell happened to him? He dropped off the face of the earth right as the team began to take shape. Maybe Thunder was the curse...

thunder.jpg

Golden State in 5, probably. They have a lot of experience playing together, have the current MVP, incredible depth, and were the best team in the regular and post season. Nothing is set in stone, though. In the last two games Steph and Klay's seasons could have both ended horribly. The moment could be too great for GS like it was for Lebron in 2011. Kyrie could go off like he did against the Spurs or Lebron could find a way to dominate the series. Last year ended horribly for the Heat, but it was possible the Heat go back to Miami up 2-0 if the AC in San Antonio works and it's not up to DWade to carry the Heat in game 1. One game like that can completely change a series. I'm just hoping for competitive games.

Spinluck

Choke by he's standards is still a triple double in the elimination game and having the best stat line in both teams by far. Nah I'll go with Dallas outplayed them.

Not saying he lost it alone, but that collectively his team got outplayed by a team that many didn't think could match up.

This will be either a GSW sweep or Cavs in 6. The big question mark is if Cleveland's dominant D is actually that good, or only looks that good when matched up against the East. AKA, can Shumpert and LeBron contain the Splash Bros?

If not, they will get massacred like they did against the Spurs in 07. If so, then I see them stealing one in Oakland and closing it out at home in Game 6.

I think Golden State will win in 5. Without Verajo, Love, and Irving health not being reliable if Cleveland somehow manages to win this Lebron passes Jordan in my eyes as the best player the last 30 years. They will probably get swept the same way he got swept in 2007 the first time against San Antonio.

Kieli

This doesn't make a lot of sense because if he was in the West, he'd be paired with a better team.

Imagine Lebron on GSW with Curry and Klay, or on OKC with Westbrook and Durant. Why would they not be guaranteed to go to finals?

Having made those last two posts: Golden State in 6. Not saying they can't win in less, but Cleveland doesn't have the top net rating in the playoffs (among other things) by accident, even if I play into the meme that the East is basically a bunch of D-League teams that seems to be underpinning certain posts, and that alongside LeBron James not being on the Golden State roster is probably worth two wins.

If Kyrie's 100% and the supporting cast can go off in Game 1 or 2 (which gets substantially more likely if Thompson or Curry are still feeling the effects of the last two games), Cleveland could take it in 6 instead.

I think Golden State will win in 5. Without Verajo, Love, and Irving health not being reliable if Cleveland somehow manages to win this Lebron passes Jordan in my eyes as the best player the last 30 years. They will probably get swept the same way he got swept in 2007 the first time against San Antonio.

thats my feelings as well

Love x Verajo x healthy Irving + Lebron , JR, Mozgov, Thompson + bench is a beast team, right now they are meh

but if he does beat them (without getting D whistle treatment) hes the GOAT

Goddamn an entire page of Cavs/LeBron haters?

You guys really can do better. Glad to see some fair-minded posts, even if they're picking GS. The blind salt just makes visiting the thread unpleasant.

Oh well. Go Cavs. THEY AIN'T SO TOUGH.

Meh, a better question would be: how many trips to the Finals would MJ/Kobe/LeBron have made if the playoffs were seeded 1-16 regardless of conference?

MJ would stil have made it in his title years, since he was 6-0 in the Finals and never less than a 2 seed (only once against the Knicks). In a realigned playoffs, he may have even made it one year early in 1990 as the ECF that year was the real Finals.

As for Kobe, the three Shaq/Kobe teams definitely make it back under 1-16 format, but probably not the 2004 Finals loser (don't forget the Pacers). Kobe's Finals losing squad in 2008 probably doesn't make it back under 1-16 (hi Detroit!), but his two title teams in 2009/2010 definitely do.

LeBron? I don't think any of his Finals losing teams even make the Finals in 1-16 format. Maybe the 2011 squad. You could even argue against the 2013 squad that won due to that miraculous game 6 comeback; were they actually better than the west's top 4? Probably, yeah, but they also barely survived the Pacers.

It's all hypothetical, of course. But how many Finals trips does LeBron make if he faces the Seven Seconds or Less Suns in the third round or the Z Bo Grizzlies in the second round? Because that's the kind of draw that Kobe and Duncan had to deal with every year.

hyp

GSW in 5. attended game 1 vs. the rockets. it's gonna be tough for the cavs to pull a win at oracle. the dubs most definitely feed off the crowd.

The Warriors are battle tested in one of the most stacked western conferences in history. Nearly every game was tough as hell.

Lebron has been coasting in that joke of an Eastern conference. It's like the French army going up against the US Army. Just no match.

Series will be over in 5 games. Warriors have way too much fire power and they don't slouch on defense either when need be.

Love Lebron but .... Not gonna happen

J2 Cool

Definitely overstating the West. Its obviously the tougher conference, but Warriors caught a big break in the WCF. Clips or Spurs would have made them battle tested, but they drew the Rockets.. Still going to have to wait to see the Warriors in the biggest spotlight.

This wasn't the best West in years either. West has talent but it didnt have a definitely elite team outside of the Warriors all year.

Definitely overstating the West. Its obviously the tougher conference, but Warriors caught a big break in the WCF. Clips or Spurs would have made them battle tested, but they drew the Rockets.. Still going to have to wait to see the Warriors in the biggest spotlight.

This wasn't the best West in years either. West has talent but it didnt have a definitely elite team outside of the Warriors all year.

What's up with this revisionist bullshit regarding the Clippers? They choked away a 3-1 series lead obviously they're not as good as you think they were. Houston is a better team than anyone the East can offer and Grizzlies are suddenly garbage too?

Spin masters are gonna get dizzy over the next week if this keeps up.

I'm excited to see a long suffering franchise win a championship finally. Both GSW and the Cavs have been shit for a long time before recently. Super tired of watching the Spurs/Lakers/Celtics/Heat win it all.

negitoro7

If Tristan Thompson keeps going on his upward trend, I like Cav's chances. I'm gonna go with him and Shaun Livingston as the x-factors of the series.

We're talking about the same year where Memphis lost both of its games against a certain team (already being played at a playoff-level pace, no less) by Golden State v. Houston margins, only had a two-win advantage in spite of that certain team's under-.500 first half, and didn't even have the excuse of both of its best perimeter defenders being injured like they were earlier this month for any of that - and yet certain clowns in a clown car wearing clown shoes and clown makeup are still acting like they're the superior team, because somehow that certain team's performance would just drop a net 20 points on account of it's April and May now, y'all.

Not sure they're gonna respond to this with anything less than more clownery.

e: like actually, if the rationale for a lot of this was just "GS has less load on one player so Cleveland needs to stop more people" and "Cleveland is too injured" I'd carry on not giving two shits, but we're talking "Cleveland will lose to any of these teams they consistently beat while playing worse defense, because I said so". Just pure clown shit.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Warriors in 6. The Cavs are too beat up. Also Kerr >>> Blatt.

Nonsense. This is Steve Kerr first year as a head coach, David Blatt has coaching a medal winning Olympic team and championship teams in Europe + Israel.

Blatt has won a EuroBasket title (2007), a Euroleague title (2014), and an Olympic medal (bronze, 2012). There are only five other head coaches in basketball history who have hit that trifecta.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/whos-that-guy-david-blatt/

jmood88

The fact that people think JR Smith is suddenly a good basketball player is the biggest indictment one can make for the Eastern Conference.

The Cavs will get torched with him on the floor. Dude is a chucker who plays shit defense. He is also dumb enough to get into a shooting contest with Curry (best shooter of all time).

Cavs need some depth and a 3rd player. They could easily be the best team in the league next year. They won't have the depth and are going to fade in every 4th quarter.
He hasn't suddenly become great but he finally has someone who will rein him in if he starts getting too loose with the definition of a good shot. When he's on, he's almost unstoppable.

badb0y

Cavs only have a chance if Kyrie is healthy. Other than that I don't see how they can beat this Warriors team.

With Kyrie, Warriors in 6 or 7

Without Kyrie, Warriors in 5

Kieli

If Love and Irving were healthy, how would you guys peg the odds?

I'd say GSW in 6 or 7 for such a scenario.

Damerman

If Love and Irving were healthy, how would you guys peg the odds?

I'd say GSW in 6 or 7 for such a scenario.

since i'm a fan of Love, Shumpert and a partial fan of Irving, Smith (don't like LBJ), i would say cavs in 5... maybe even a cavs sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom