• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Everyone keeps talking about how the Clipper bench is unreliable, but they showed up tonight. If they get this out of them on a more consistent basis, this series might come to a quick close. Still, it's one game at a time and all of this sweep talk needs to hold on.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wow, winning without CP3...and really it's not like they scraped away with the win. I wonder if they'll sit CP3 in Game 2...cause reinjuring the hammy would not be good and would certainly mean death against the Warriors.

Sumidor

The Rockets just gave up with 2 minutes left. I understand they were down by like 10, but they didn't even try to do anything. Brewer was throwing up junk and Harden wasn't even trying to do anything.

Corey brewer is out of fucking control.

He's cracking me up.

He's the embodiment of hero ball.
and not the good kind

He pretty much took the rockets out of the game in the 4th trying to slash to the rim on three consecutive attempts surrounded by blue jerseys.

Can we talk about how elite Blake has become? I think we could make a case for him being the best PF in the game. Dude does everything well.

His passing and vision has become ridiculous for his position. I'm not ready to say he's a great (even good) defender, but he's been playing solid defense in the postseason so far. I still remember when he was just as bad as DJ for FTs. Now he's pretty damn dependable there too. I wonder if he'll continue working on his 3s like he started to. Then he'd be really scary.

Don't know what the fuck happened this game. The Rockets were so sloppy. Must be the energy from the Spurs series seeping into this one, cause even when the Clips looked lost they still gave a ton of effort

Man, I swear the sports world is full of injustice. First, J.J. Watt gets robbed of the MVP, and now James Harden gets robbed of the MVP. IMO he did more for the Rockets than Curry did for the Warriors. Mind you, Curry is a great player and definitely a contender, but they basically ran away with the West whereas Harden for the most part carried the team while Howard was sidelined. I don't know... I feel frustrated by these MVP voters and feel that they don't factor everything in.

THAT BEING SAID though, in regards to how the 1st half played out...

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, HARDEN?! STRAIGHTEN YOURSELF UP!

These careless turnovers need to stop. And sometimes he just gives away the ball too easily. Good grief, him and Josh Smith are a handful, lol

http://youtu.be/ukWFmNWeF2s

dream

Just catching up on some old posts I didn't have a chance to respond to...

Rockets will absolutely shit on the Clippers if they advance, so them I guess.

I respectfully disagree.

lol Clippers gotta start the next series tomorrow with only one day of rest while Houston got four extra days.

Should have put the spurs away quicker then shouldn't they.

:)

Looks like it didn't matter.

My god what a game. I rather have my Rockets play Spurs but nevertheless should be one fun 2nd round. If only we still had Beverely and Mobtejunas to back us up.

I agree, the Spurs would have been a better matchup.

His passing and vision has become ridiculous for his position. I'm not ready to say he's a great (even good) defender, but he's been playing solid defense in the postseason so far. I still remember when he was just as bad as DJ for FTs. Now he's pretty damn dependable there too. I wonder if he'll continue working on his 3s like he started to. Then he'd be really scary.

Don't know what the fuck happened this game. The Rockets were so sloppy. Must be the energy from the Spurs series seeping into this one, cause even when the Clips looked lost they still gave a ton of effort
I really think the Clips exercised a lot of demons with that Spurs series. Its kind of like when Goku discovered Super Saiyan for the first time, this team has the confidence that they can actually close games without folding under the pressure. If Doc gets more out the bench and DeAndre can at least hit a few more of his FTs, then it could be a toss up whether they or the Warriors chip.

Line_HTX

Sounds like those two need to have a rap battle on the spot.
laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif

I really think the Clips exercised a lot of demons with that Spurs series. Its kind of like when Goku discovered Super Saiyan for the first time, this team has the confidence that they can actually close games without folding under the pressure. If Doc gets more out the bench and DeAndre can at least hit a few more of his FTs, then it could be a toss up whether they or the Warriors chip.

Yeah bench production is a must and DJ hitting FTs is also (at least enough to fight off hacking strategies). But the Clips don't defend 3s all that well. It's hard to imagine very many scenarios where they can beat GSW the way they're playing right now - unless they manage to attack the basket often and get the Warriors in foul trouble. With Bogut back this year though I don't see it happening like last year where we barely got by them.

dream

I've decided who I want to win tonight's game and who I'd like the Rockets to face in the 2nd round. I won't post it out of fear of jinxing them. But I will say that I just read an article that cemented this choice. I cannot wait for round 2 to start. I really hope the Rockets can make it to the next round.

Was it the Spurs? I bet it was the Spurs.

Did you even watch the Mavs series? Like any of them?

I wasn't completely honest with you. I didn't really watch the Mavs series. I did just watch game 1 of the Clippers series though. Did you watch it too?

Eos

didn't catch the game but surprised the rockets lost to a cp3-less clippers
i'll try getting the next one

Well, the rockets are probably getting swept when Chris Paul comes back. That was pitiful. We even had a chance with 2 minutes to go, we were only down 8 points. But that was some of the most lazy and uninspired basketball I've ever seen in a playoff game.

Jopie

Series still likely goes 6.
CP3 is likely going to sit out game 2.
No matter how much I love the Clippers, I cannot see them taking 2 in Houston without CP3.

I hope the Rockets can bounce back after this utterly embarrassing loss. I'm leaving Houston in August, and it would be nice to at least watch them make it to the WCF, if not the Finals (har har har har). It's too soon for such a great season to end. Not like this.

maladroid

I wasn't completely honest with you. I didn't really watch the Mavs series. I did just watch game 1 of the Clippers series though. Did you watch it too?
You're really gonna try and hang shit on me for that post? When you failed to mention Chandler, Dirk and Ellis as the Mav's most important players, I knew you didn't know what the fuck you were talking about.

What I said still stands. Harden had a double-double tonight. Smith, Jones and Brewer failed to show up and we lost.

Man, I swear the sports world is full of injustice. First, J.J. Watt gets robbed of the MVP, and now James Harden gets robbed of the MVP. IMO he did more for the Rockets than Curry did for the Warriors. Mind you, Curry is a great player and definitely a contender, but they basically ran away with the West whereas Harden for the most part carried the team while Howard was sidelined. I don't know... I feel frustrated by these MVP voters and feel that they don't factor everything in.

THAT BEING SAID though, in regards to how the 1st half played out...

WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION, HARDEN?! STRAIGHTEN YOURSELF UP!

These careless turnovers need to stop. And sometimes he just gives away the ball too easily. Good grief, him and Josh Smith are a handful, lol

Hmm, OK. I guess I was venting without thinking. Honestly I almost never follow the regular season compared to the NFL regular season and check in once in a while. I actually didn't know about the flopping and getting calls reputation. Maybe that would explain why that 4chan poster wrote the Team Rocket lyrics for this team. I admit, I had a laugh out of that.

So you complain about voters not factoring everything in, then admit that you don't actually follow the regular season or the player you think should have won. Nice.

Top Bottom