• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

spyder_ur

CP3 and Griffin have been great tonight. Really showed up - the Clips were quietly playing great near the end of the year and they continued it tonight. Spurs also have not been very sharp at all besides the stretches around the beginning of the 2nd and 4th quarters.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Spurs had a nice little run but Clippers have been in full control the whole half. Started almost exactly when Matt Barnes took Baynes for a ride on that jump ball.

Jonm1010

Banned
Well, teams are going to exploit their weaknesses then. No reason to change the rules.

There are plenty of reasons. Being against changing the rule is certainly one position to take though. Cant knock it.

Cant say I am completely on board with changing the rule either.

Was just suggesting the easy way to stop it if the league wanted to.

It's the fucking Spurs man. Plus after the 1993 NBA Finals.... I don't know anymore road teams can totally win when they need to.

Home teams went 7-1 to start the playoffs. Spurs will have to find a way to steal one AND not get beat at home. Going down 2-0 is difficult to come back from, but not impossible

Craig Sagar is in a new car commercial. Obviously filmed before his cancer came back :(

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Big ups to my boy Jarrett Jack. He was a great leader at GT, and he's a great leader in the NBA. While he might not have top flight talent at least he leads and tried to give a fuck.

Meanwhile D Will looked like a scrub and acted like a nobody.

HabeeNo

Just woke up and saw the two Blake dunks on Baynes...
lawd.png

Can't wait to see how the Spurs adjust to that, and you can bet Doc is gonna make DeAndre Jordan shoot free throws the whole day today lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Someone dump the Spurs in the Lazarus pit. The CP3 over Parker edge is too great to overcome.

Nah, Parker twisted his ankle early and wasn't the same. He'll be okay for the next game, and the two usually cancel each other out pretty much.

I bet SA is really regretting not winning that finale now. Still should be a great series that goes 6 or 7.

I think the Memphis series is going to be a sweep, unfortunately. Pels and Mavs should get 1 or 2 games at least.

I don't care about being an unlikable team or organization, I want someone like Paul deep in the playoffs.

He played like man possessed last night (refreshing to seem him play like that- you could tell he gave max effort and then some). The way he approached the game was a complete 180 from what we normally see from him. Usually he tries to setup his teammates but last night he was looking to score. It makes you wonder if Paul's approach to the game (setting up his teammates first and foremost) is detrimental to his success.

dream

He played like man possessed last night (refreshing to seem him play like that- you could tell he gave max effort and then some). The way he approached the game was a complete 180 from what we normally see from him. Usually he tries to setup his teammates but last night he was looking to score. It makes you wonder if Paul's approach to the game (setting up his teammates first and foremost) is detrimental to his success.

It absolutely is. That's one of the more frustrating aspects of being a Clips fan. We go through these losses where CP3 says "I need to be more aggressive," then keeps passing.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'm not sure his approach was any different... he only took 3 shots in the first period and only had 7 at halftime. He got more aggressive for sure once Tony got hurt was hobbling around.

I'm not sure his approach was any different... he only took 3 shots in the first period and only had 7 at halftime. He got more aggressive for sure once Tony got hurt was hobbling around.

I only watched the second half but I've never seen him just go balls out like that looking to shoot first. Usually he'll give a glimpse and do that for maybe a half a quarter to a whole quarter.

Fjordson

Monty Williams on playing in Oracle Arena:

"I'm not so sure that the decibel level is legal there, and I'm serious," Williams said before Game 2 of the first-round series Monday. "They've done studies on that. Being on the competition committee, there's got to be something to that because it does get a little out of hand."

Lmao. Hopefully we aren't pumping in noise Atlanta Falcons-style.

I dozed off from halftime till 3 mins left in the game and I just saw the L's Baynes took on that 3rd quater.. my god
tLQ8B.png
.. Get tossed by Barnes like a duffel bag. I mean theres no pointof being in NBA anymore after that brehs.

His wikipedia got edited too. shot courtesy of the coli.
8a1cdb36e3a2c154d86f60d9e63f01f8.png

ff1ffa92113a557be1c9210c05f27cc3.png

I think you guys are just that damn loud.

I wonder how it compares to mid 90s EnergySolutions Arena (Jazz). That place used to be the stuff of legend when it came to volume. 120db+, iirc.

edit: yup.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...feels-you-are-just-a-bit-too-loud.html?pg=all

Now THAT is some volume.

Klay Thompson is right...Oracle has been way louder...07 playoffs come to mind.

I don't get why Monty Williams would make that comment. You think the crowd isn't going to feed off that? Also, what would the competition committee do to enforce? Golf claps only?

Top Bottom