• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

This made me so angry last night......

Monta_WHO_ARE_YOU_GUARDING.0.png

For a moment I thought he might actually get a 3 second violation call -_-

Can't live with him... can't live without him.

spyder_ur

This is going to be an awesome series.

Kawhi not starting on CP3. Not that surprising I guess, especially because they are relying on him more on offense this year. I predict we will see him guard CP3 some late in games though.

Too much damn good TV on! Opting for this game over the second half of Mad Men.

The competitive western conference everybody!!!

How much of the west superiority is just a media narrative? This game has been ugly as hell.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Solid first quarter by the Clippers. Was getting a little sloppy at times but at least it was at a fast pace.

If we're playing NBA 2K CP3, DeAndre and Blake are resting on the bench and going to come back in the game sometime with 8 minutes left with 95 energy and a nice lead

spyder_ur

The competitive western conference everybody!!!

How much of the west superiority is just a media narrative? This game has been ugly as hell.

Not much. The top 7 seeds in the West would all be in the top 4 of the east quite easily. I'm not sure what you are taking from one quarter of one game.

spyder_ur

Solid first quarter by the Clippers. Was getting a little sloppy at times but at least it was at a fast pace.

If we're playing NBA 2K CP3, DeAndre and Blake are resting on the bench and going to come back in the game sometime with 8 minutes left with 95 energy and a nice lead

Ha, too bad for the Clippers it's not. Kawhi and Parker have been out for this stretch too. Spurs are fine. Clippers played a good quarter though; they are dynamite offensively when they are on.

This series is going to be awesome. I don't think the Clippers are strong enough mentally to take the series though.

Not much. The top 7 seeds in the West would all be in the top 4 of the east quite easily. I'm not sure what you are taking from one quarter of one game.

Meh, not impressed, the clips bench is hideous (outside of Crawford) the Spurs starters look flat. Isn't this the time to bring their best?

spyder_ur

Meh, not impressed, the clips bench is hideous (outside of Crawford) the Spurs starters look flat. Isn't this the time to bring their best?

It's one quarter, and the second quarter so far has been very well played. Maybe the NBA is not for you if you think these teams are no good (no offense)?

Clips bench is indeed a huge problem, and the Spurs are the most well-equipped team to take advantage of it, unfortunately for the Clips.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Pace of play is back in the Spurs favor. Like Reggie pointed out the Spurs got back on transition defense real quick on what should've been a fast break by the Clippers IMO.

Fjordson

I'm really torn on this series. Spurs are our toughest obstacle in the West, but the Clippers are a terrible organization filled with unlikable personnel. Seeing CP 3 fail yet again would be a joy.

Whoever wins, we lose I guess.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Pace of play is back in the Spurs favor. Like Reggie pointed out the Spurs got back on transition defense real quick on what should've been a fast break by the Clippers IMO.

Chris Paul is just not pushing enough. He's playing Rondo style PG play. The difference is that Rondo pushed and went to the rim.

It's one quarter, and the second quarter so far has been very well played. Maybe the NBA is not for you if you think these teams are no good (no offense)?

Clips bench is indeed a huge problem, and the Spurs are the most well-equipped team to take advantage of it, unfortunately for the Clips.

Lol, the NBA is for everybody. I'm just making a comment that the narrative about the west slam dunk superiority seems to be missplaced. I didn't said they sucked, I just said they don't match the narrative build around them.

spyder_ur

If he's outside the lines would the strategy still work?

Well it only works if he misses them. But yes. Only in the last two minutes of the game is there really a major disincentive - at that point if the foul is intentional and off the ball then the team that's fouled goes to the line and gets the ball back.

dream

Excellent, excellent half. Fantastic job at minimizing our bench's deficiencies. Not sure if we can sustain this though unless we really rough Tony up.

Top Bottom