• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Oh please, they're the definition of frauds when it comes to being a championship team. The only reason they're in this series is because the Clippers choked. Western conference is severely overrated too, Warriors are lucky KD got hurt and Spurs lost.

Oh please. The only reason the rockets won against the clippers is because they played with far more intensity in the last three games and were the better team. Also some great desicions by McHale. They are better than the clippers. The rockets messed up when it counted on this last play but that speaks nothing for their overall performance over 90+ games. They are the second best team in the western conference and narrative means nothing and has no significance. I'm sick of this reactionary bullshit.

njean777

Wow that was a more painful loss than Portland last year maybe. Jesus man :[

Harden choked bad.

38 points isn't choking, Howard should have shot the ball after it was passed to him. He could have moved up and made a two, instead he decides to pass it to a guy that is being double teamed... or the coach could have called for a time out.

Mr. Sunny

Banned
LeBron isn't losing in the Finals two years in a row. It would be a huge stain on his legacy. LeBron is the John Cena of the NBA, he wont lose - this is his comeback/redemption story.

Harden choked bad.

No.

It's not over yet. It's not. Harden didn't choke. It was just unfortunate circumstances. It it were Terry or Ariza following him, they would have had an open three.

It's not over.

Sandfox

38 points isn't choking, Howard should have shot the ball after it was passed to him. He could have moved up and made a two, instead he decides to pass it to a guy that is being double teamed... or the coach could have called for a time out.

Dwight isn't going to shoot a long two or a three with the game on the line.

TTG

Harden choked bad.

Nah, he saw someone in red coming down the floor wide open. If anything, Howard made the mistake of casually lobbing it back to Harden with still 2 players on him and like less than 3 seconds left.

No.

It's not over yet. It's not. Harden didn't choke. It was just unfortunate circumstances. It it were Terry or Ariza following him, they would have had an open three.

It's not over.

The problem here is that people say someone is great and then shit at the drop of a hat or a single shot.

Harden wouldn't have had a chance to "choke" at the end if it wasn't for Harden actually giving the team a chance by getting them there.

I've been checking out some prospects for the upcoming draft and a lot of them were born the same year Kobe was drafted....
tocry.png

Man is there any way to stop being so invested in your teams? I really don't think this depression is worth all the excitement haha. I'd rather just be a casual fan that's just mildly interested than a fan who's super excited and then super depressed depending on when my team wins or loses. But I just can't stop watching every game even if I tried.

njean777

Man is there any way to stop being so invested in your teams? I really don't think this depression is worth all the excitement haha. I'd rather just be a casual fan that's just mildly interested than a fan who's super excited and then super depressed depending on when my team wins or loses. But I just can't stop watching every game even if I tried.

Try being an eagles fan last season, or every season for that matter. It sucks, but it is something you have to learn to live with.

I've cried over tough losses and had stomach problems, I take this shit too seriously.

I can relate, it's like when I played sports, I'd be too competitive and too focused on winning that I didn't really have fun.

I like playing for the hell of it a lot more.

Nope, like us you're in it for the long haul buddy. Head up, series a'int over yet. ;o

Mr. Sunny

Banned
Oh please. The only reason the rockets won against the clippers is because they played with far more intensity in the last three games and were the better team. Also some great desicions by McHale. They are better than the clippers. The rockets messed up when it counted on this last play but that speaks nothing for their overall performance over 90+ games. They are the second best team in the western conference and narrative means nothing and has no significance. I'm sick of this reactionary bullshit.

I'm not saying they don't play with intensity.C'MON SON......are you seriously telling me the Clippers didn't choke away that game 6? Rockets are not a championship caliber team because their defense sucks and their best players most efficient way of scoring is flopping his way to the freethrow line. Rockets beat the Clippers because they were composed enough to capitalize on the Clippers choking - the Spurs weren't. I'll give them credit, they sure as hell can catch fire real quick but that doesn't make them a chip winning caliber team.

Dubs x Cavs finals will be one of the higher rated series for the NBA in quite some time no?

Probably. Real NBA fans know it's going to be a joke series if the Cavs come hobbling onto the court. They can get away with limping through the East, but they will get destroyed by the Warriors if that is the matchup. It's unfortunate, but I just can't see that team overcoming their injuries against a team like the Warriors.

Rainy

Banned
We've all been there. Being a 49ers fan last season was hard.

Nah, he saw someone in red coming down the floor wide open. If anything, Howard made the mistake of casually lobbing it back to Harden with still 2 players on him and like less than 3 seconds left.

Harden just confirmed that this was what happened

I think the other players need to step it up a little. We need Game 6 Smith right now

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Harden and Curry were both phenomenal...fun stuff to watch. Not sure why gaf freaked about them not calling a time-out there - I'll take my chances with Harden pushing the ball against two non-shot blockers every time. That time it just didn't work out.

neptunes

Probably. Real NBA fans know it's going to be a joke series if the Cavs come hobbling onto the court. They can get away with limping through the East, but they will get destroyed by the Warriors if that is the matchup. It's unfortunate, but I just can't see that team overcoming their injuries against a team like the Warriors.
We still doubting Lebron's will to win 2015?

I wouldn't rule them out entirely.

Say all you want about the east, but the fact they are where they are right now is commendable.

I think this is one of the more likely scenarios for a team to win two straight despite being down 2-0. The rockets lost by a combined total of 5 points. If any team can do it its them.

bigosc2k

Banned
I've sat through 20+ years of bad Warriors basketball. Just enjoying the run..

I was too young when the RUN TMC happened, I remember Tim Hardaway being traded, I also remember Spree choking PJ and then him getting traded, the little success with Baron Davis. So I'm with you on this playoff run.

overcast

No.

It's not over.
Naw it's not over. But 2 straight against the Warriors is as tough as it gets. Feel like we needed one of these. Harden made a bad play at the end but yeah he was unbelievable tonight.

Naw it's not over. But 2 straight against the Warriors is as tough as it gets. Feel like we needed one of these. Harden made a bad play at the end but yeah he was unbelievable tonight.

Makes it easier when you think about how both games were super close at oracle and now we have home court. Not saying its likely but its very possible. This is the same team that came back from being down 3-1, if any team can do it its them.

TTG

When was the last time Bean made 5 straight finals? Without Shaq or Pau

And I see no reason for why he won't make it 6, but that is mitigated so much because he's in the shitty East. What if he was in the West? I say he makes it twice with Miami and that's it.

Top Bottom