• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
CFlLjfxVEAAxN1G.jpg

facelike

Try being an eagles fan last season, or every season for that matter. It sucks, but it is something you have to learn to live with.

I'm a Warriors fan. People seem to forget the Warriors have been terrible for nearly 40 years. I haven't even turned 40 yet and I'm real close. This run is such a big thing for me and it will suck when this ride is over. But never in my entire life, did I expect to see my home B-Ball team even get this far. In my lifetime, I've seen the A's beat the Giant's in the World Series (loved that), Giant's win 3 WS in 5 years, the run of Niner superbowls, QBs and exciting plays but the Warriors were always the black sheep, and I grew up 5 minutes from the coliseum.

Just never stop believing, because when it does, it will be the shit. I'm living it right now and loving it. Also, I'm dating a Eagles fan, I've seen the torture. Good luck, unless you play the Niners.

Branduil

When was the last time Bean made 5 straight finals? Without Shaq or Pau

I'm no Kobe stan but you can't possibly compare getting to the Finals through the Least with getting there through the West. It's like comparing driving to Walmart with climbing up a mountain.

neptunes

I'm no Kobe stan but you can't possibly compare getting to the Finals through the Least with getting there through the West. It's like comparing driving to Walmart with climbing up a mountain.
the east is so shit that everybody in it makes consecutive finals appearances right?

There was so much stupid in that last play:

-No one calling timeout
-Harden trying to play hero ball while most of his teammates are still in the backcourt where Golden State could easily double him.
-Harden passing to Dwight at the 3 point line with 3 seconds left.

wait... they had a timeout to burn?

The "if you make it to the finals, you must win the finals every time" mentality is really dumb. It's not somehow better to lose in the conference finals or not even make the playoffs than it is to make it to the finals and lose to the new best team in the world.

I don't mind if Lebron wins one in Cleveland. The city deserves some type of reward after decades of sports mediocrity.

I just don't like how it's at the expense of downplaying/degrading the championships he got in Miami according to some "experts" *cough*Steven A*cough*Fathorst*cough*

I don't mind if Lebron wins one in Cleveland. The city deserves some type of reward after decades of sports mediocrity.

I just don't like how it's at the expense of downplaying/degrading the championships he got in Miami according to some "experts" *cough*Steven A*cough*Fathorst*cough*

lol @ caring what Steven A has to say.

PBY

Banned

Cavs aren't beating GSW.

I watch too much ESPN

The Cavs team with a healthy Kyrie, Love, along with fuckless JR Smith would steamroll the Hawks

Who am I kidding they're gonna steamroll them anyway with God Mode Lebron and Kyrie on one leg

In their current state hell no

If Love was still playing tho....

to be fair, it's not like the Hawks are at 100% either. And Lebron is being incredibly inefficient compared to the last handful of years. He's fallen back to his iso routine, you know, the same iso routine that got him 0 rings while he ran the offense in that manner.

And Love would be exposed against GSW. He can't defend for shit and GSW has one of - if not the most - efficient offenses in the league. He'd spent half the game either benched due to foul trouble or due to being a defensive liability.

Also, i wonder how much all of these injuries we're seeing this season is related to players weening off of HGH given that the league will start testing for it next season. just a thought.

to be fair, it's not like the Hawks are at 100% either. And Lebron is being incredibly inefficient compared to the last handful of years. He's fallen back to his iso routine, you know, the same iso routine that got him 0 rings while he ran the office in that manner.

Also, i wonder how much all of these injuries we're seeing this season is related to players weening off of HGH given that the league will start testing for it next season. just a thought.

Keep pushing that mountain of shit uphill like a champ.

Nobody gives a shit about that.

i wish I knew which shit you're talking about. But since you didn't articulate your point, i guess I'll wait for some sort of followup.

You are always linking LeBron with HGH. Is stupid in a multitude of ways. Don't you get tired of doing that? Like what does it have to do with Thabo and DeMC injuries? Or Love and Irving? Are you saying that HGH would had stopped that from happening? It makes no sense.

You are always linking LeBron with HGH. Is stupid in a multitude of ways. Don't you get tired of doing that? Like what does it have to do with Thabo and DeMC injuries? Or Love and Irving? Are you saying that HGH would had stopped that from happening? It makes no sense.

you...you really thing he wasn't on hgh? he wouldn't be the only one, obviously, but i'm not saying that the whole league was on it. Look, HGH helps reduce the chances of injuries and speeds up the recovery process. And, oh look, the season before they're going to do more thorough testing on HGH is incredibly injury ridden. And did you notice how so many superstars slimmed down during the last offseason suddenly, like just completely out of nowhere. Lebron looked almost emaciated compared to previous seasons, as an example.

You're probably one of those people who thought baseball players weren't using steroids, too, huh?

Also, i threw that in at the end as an afterthought. Should i parse my posts better so you don't spend too many of your posts putting words in my mouth?

Regardless, Hawks would put up a better fight if they weren't injured, the Cavs are probably going to win the series out, and GSW would've wrecked the Cavs regardless of whether they were at 100% or not. All these injuries have done is made the Finals shorter than they would've been.

Lol at athletes worried about HGH testing.

Drug testing in general is almost worthless. I assume that almost all sports athletes use some type of PEDs

sure, I agree with you. And most will find a way around these tests. But it was easier to hide usage and acquire the stuff when no one gave a shit. It'll be a bit more of a pain in the ass now.

you...you really thing he wasn't on hgh? he wouldn't be the only one, obviously, but i'm not saying that the whole league was on it. Look, HGH helps reduce the chances of injuries and speeds up the recovery process. And, oh look, the season before they're going to do more thorough testing on HGH is incredibly injury ridden. And did you notice how so many superstars slimmed down during the last offseason suddenly, like just completely out of nowhere. Lebron looked almost emaciated compared to previous seasons, as an example.

You're probably one of those people who thought baseball players weren't using steroids, too, huh?

Also, i threw that in at the end as an afterthought. Should i parse my posts better so you don't spend too many of your posts putting words in my mouth?

Regardless, Hawks would put up a better fight if they weren't injured, the Cavs are probably going to win the series out, and GSW would've wrecked the Cavs regardless of whether they were at 100% or not. All these injuries have done is made the Finals shorter than they would've been.

sure, I agree with you. And most will find a way around these tests. But it was easier to hide usage and acquire the stuff when no one gave a shit. It'll be a bit more of a pain in the ass now.

We get already, in your eyes LeBron is an HGH freak. Good for you. Stop repeating that nonsense like if we care about it. Me personally don't watch sports for the hot takes narratives, I do it to learn more about the game and be entertained, likewise for baseball. I don't care about what these players do to reach and stay at the top. HGH won't make you make a basket, a crossover or whatever, besides it ain't on me to police the league, is the NBA job to do that and they are.

In addition to that you're a hypocrite when you call out the injuries to the hawks and don't acknowledge the ones that plague the cavs. You don't want to talk about basketball, just take a shit on LeBron and the cavs. That's why I said you should continue pushing you pile of shit uphill.

Also about the finals well see. I really don't see what you do in regards to the Warriors, they are great and would be the favorites but I expect a difficult series against the Cavs or Hawks.

We get already, in your eyes LeBron is an HGH freak. Good for you. Stop repeating that nonsense like if we care about it. Me personally don't watch sports for the hot takes narratives, I do it to learn more about the game and be entertained, likewise for baseball. I don't care about what these players do to reach and stay at the top. HGH won't make you make a basket, a crossover or whatever, besides it ain't on me to police the league, is the NBA job to do that and they are.

In addition to that you're a hypocrite when you call out the injuries to the hawks and don't acknowledge the ones that plague the cavs. You don't want to talk about basketball, just take a shit on LeBron and the cavs. That's why I said you should continue pushing you pile of shit uphill.

Because i was initially responding to a post that only mentioned cavs injuries. And i also did talk about basketball, and i never said Lebron was the only one on HGH.

Brah, you've got some sort of weird persecution complex regarding your beloved cavs. It's gonna suck when you gotta hold that L while GSW gets their ring.

GSW is one of the best offensive teams in NBA history.

Cavs are 20th in the league in defensive efficiency

wanna guess who has the best defensive efficiency in the league?

now, cleveland has been pretty efficient offensively in the post season, leading the league and barely beating out the warriors BUT this has come against teams with terrible defensive efficiencies

basically, the first legit defensive team they'll face is GSW, and GSW's regular season numbers are appearing to not be an abberation.

Sure, lol if the Cavs lose I won't be fazed, they weren't supposed to beat the bulls so all this is gravy, and they sure as hell ain't the favorites to beat the Warriors so why would I be upset about them losing if that's what's supposed to happen?

However I'm sure you're holding no L's as you only root for undefeated teams with no HGH players.

when did i say i gave a shit about HGH? I said that it's not surprising that players are dropping like flies when HGH is about to be more thoroughly tested because of what HGH does and can do: making players stronger, helping to avoid injuries, and speeds up the recovery process. I honest dont give a shit if they use it but you can't look at the league this year, look at Lebron as a prime example, and not say it hasn't impacted the game.

If it were up to me, they could use everything they wanted and needed to win. Just let them wreck shit.

Also regular season stats make no sense to me at this point. Show me how are they doing in the postseason so far oh look the Cavs are better so far I wonder why.

Thanks for the links though.

yes, against some of the worst defensive post season teams in the league. you keep talking yourself into this, it will only end poorly.

Because i was initially responding to a post that only mentioned cavs injuries. And i also did talk about basketball, and i never said Lebron was the only one on HGH.

Brah, you've got some sort of weird persecution complex regarding your beloved cavs. It's gonna suck when you gotta hold that L while GSW gets their ring.

GSW is one of the best offensive teams in NBA history.

Sure, lol if the Cavs lose I won't be fazed, they weren't supposed to beat the bulls so all this is gravy, and they sure as hell ain't the favorites to beat the Warriors so why would I be upset about them losing if that's what's supposed to happen?

However I'm sure you're holding no L's as you only root for undefeated teams with no HGH players.

Also regular season stats make no sense to me at this point. Show me how are they doing in the postseason so far oh look the Cavs are better so far I wonder why.

Thanks for the links though.

Also I disagree, the hawks are a sound and legit defensive team.

I was too young when the RUN TMC happened, I remember Tim Hardaway being traded, I also remember Spree choking PJ and then him getting traded, the little success with Baron Davis. So I'm with you on this playoff run.

RUN TMC was my first introduction to the NBA. Tim was the catalyst but I loved Mullin's game. There is also a special place in my heart for the We Believe 07 team not for just the players but just how organic the crowd felt during that run. I feel like the Warriors should've kept that team together for at least one more season but then we wouldn't have the team that we have now.

Also I disagree, the hawks are a sound and legit defensive team.

You know what? You're right. They're not terrible defensively. They're a bit better than the cavs in defensive efficiency. I'll grant you that much.

Cavs gonna struggle against GSW but i'll respect that they're facing the Hawks and still give the Hawks a chance against them, barring injuries.

flyover

I watched that last sequence about as many times than the Zapruder film was shown in JFK, and it's fascinating. Curry and Thompson did everything perfectly.

Coming upcourt, Thompson stays on Harden's right, keeping him from looping around and going right to the basket. Curry's stationed right at the three-point line, which stops Harden from pushing forward.

As Thompson gets into position on Harden's right, Curry actually blocks off Harden's right, as well, giving him the option of going down the left sideline for just a second -- but with Thompson ready to drop back and block off the path to the basket.

Harden darts left for just a second, but when he sees that Thompson is ready to drop back and that a teammate is arriving at the three-point line unguarded, he passes. If it were anyone but Howard, it would have been a perfect wide-open three.

Harden may not have even known who he was passing to at first -- or if he did, he was hoping Thompson would switch off him for even a second. But Thompson immediately notices that it's Howard and doesn't move to guard him at all and continues facing Harden. (That was the best part of the possession, to me. Nobody on GS really gave a shit about Howard at all.)

Brewer and Ariza are set up in the corners, guarded by Iguodala and Barnes, respectively. Terrence Jones camps out under the basket, with Green on him. Screws up the spacing, but keeps Green occupied, and Jones is probably thinking more about putting back a missed shot.

Barnes stays on Ariza the whole time, but once the ball heads to Howard, Iguodala heads for the lane, clogging it and ignoring Brewer, who probably wouldn't have much time for a catch-and-shoot, anyway.

Harden starts asking for the ball back before Howard even catches it. Howard gives it back to him, but Harden's still swarmed by Curry and Thompson.

Thompson briefly raises one arm, but after Harden dribbles once, he and Curry just stay low and poke at the ball, instead of trying to block a shot or get a hand in Harden's face. Could've backfired, if Harden raised up and shot, but it turned out to be the right move, since it kept him from even getting the shot off.

So much happening in under nine seconds. By the end of the game, I wanted Harden to pull it off, but it was just great to watch.

Fjordson

I watched that last sequence about as many times than the Zapruder film was shown in JFK, and it's fascinating. Curry and Thompson did everything perfectly.

Coming upcourt, Thompson stays on Harden's right, keeping him from looping around and going right to the basket. Curry's stationed right at the three-point line, which stops Harden from pushing forward.

As Thompson gets into position on Harden's right, Curry actually blocks off Harden's right, as well, giving him the option of going down the left sideline for just a second -- but with Thompson ready to drop back and block off the path to the basket.

Harden darts left for just a second, but when he sees that Thompson is ready to drop back and that a teammate is arriving at the three-point line unguarded, he passes. If it were anyone but Howard, it would have been a perfect wide-open three.

Harden may not have even known who he was passing to at first -- or if he did, he was hoping Thompson would switch off him for even a second. But Thompson immediately notices that it's Howard and doesn't move to guard him at all and continues facing Harden. (That was the best part of the possession, to me. Nobody on GS really gave a shit about Howard at all.)

Brewer and Ariza are set up in the corners, guarded by Iguodala and Barnes, respectively. Terrence Jones camps out under the basket, with Green on him. Screws up the spacing, but keeps Green occupied, and Jones is probably thinking more about putting back a missed shot.

Barnes stays on Ariza the whole time, but once the ball heads to Howard, Iguodala heads for the lane, clogging it and ignoring Brewer, who probably wouldn't have much time for a catch-and-shoot, anyway.

Harden starts asking for the ball back before Howard even catches it. Howard gives it back to him, but Harden's still swarmed by Curry and Thompson.

Thompson briefly raises one arm, but after Harden dribbles once, he and Curry just stay low and poke at the ball, instead of trying to block a shot or get a hand in Harden's face. Could've backfired, if Harden raised up and shot, but it turned out to be the right move, since it kept him from even getting the shot off.

So much happening in under nine seconds. By the end of the game, I wanted Harden to pull it off, but it was just great to watch.
That Splash Bros D. Doubling off Howard. Beautiful.

Yep, the warriors did a great job on that sequence. Dumb ass Howard should have called timeout.

Dirtsaw

RUN TMC was my first introduction to the NBA. Tim was the catalyst but I loved Mullin's game. There is also a special place in my heart for the We Believe 07 team not for just the players but just how organic the crowd felt during that run. I feel like the Warriors should've kept that team together for at least one more season but then we wouldn't have the team that we have now.

Same experience here. RUN TMC days were fun, 10-15k people chanting "Pizza, Pizza" . Those people kept getting pushed hinger and higher in the bowl by all the Kobe jerseys. SF will be awesome but those fans will be gone. :(

I'm a Warriors fan. People seem to forget the Warriors have been terrible for nearly 40 years. I haven't even turned 40 yet and I'm real close. This run is such a big thing for me and it will suck when this ride is over. But never in my entire life, did I expect to see my home B-Ball team even get this far. In my lifetime, I've seen the A's beat the Giant's in the World Series (loved that), Giant's win 3 WS in 5 years, the run of Niner superbowls, QBs and exciting plays but the Warriors were always the black sheep, and I grew up 5 minutes from the coliseum.

Just never stop believing, because when it does, it will be the shit. I'm living it right now and loving it. Also, I'm dating a Eagles fan, I've seen the torture. Good luck, unless you play the Niners.

Where did you grow up? Wife's from Fruitvale. Been a Warriors fan since I moved to the BA in '94.

Top Bottom