• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Nice projection you got there, since the way you ballwash the West it's like the one-man Pelicans, Grizzlies with no Conley, and Rockets with no Beverly and a gimped Howard were all the 96 Bulls.

I'm not even talking up anyone in the East, I'm saying you're drastically overrating the entire West south of GS if you honestly believe Cleveland is that bad.

Still better than anything the Cavs have come up against. Let's look at how they got here for a second.

First JR Smith gets away with punching a guy with a 2 game suspension. When was the last time a guy threw a punch like that and got only 2 games? 10 years ago?

Second, Blatt gets bailed out by who else but company man Scott Foster when his clueless ass almost threw away the game trying to call time.

Third, Taj Gibson gets ejected after Dela-whatever the fuck his name is locks his legs up.

Can you even name a single game in these playoffs where the refs were even remotely questionable AGAINST the cavs? I sure can't.

Grizzlies are one of the best defensive teams in the game and the most physical by far. That test alone is more than anything the Cavs faced the entire series. They are the ultimate pretenders in a sorry conference. They would have been out in the first round in the west if they ran up against any team but the Pelicans.

Mr. Sunny

Banned
Still better than anything the Cavs have come up against. Let's look at how they got here for a second.

First JR Smith gets away with punching a guy with a 2 game suspension. When was the last time a guy threw a punch like that and got only 2 guys? 10 years ago?

Second, Blatt gets bailed out by who else but company man Scott Foster when his clueless ass almost threw away the game trying to call time.

Third, Taj Gibson gets ejected after Dela-whatever the fuck his name is locks his legs up.

Can you even name a single game in these playoffs where the refs were even remotely questionable AGAINST the cavs? I sure can't.

Grizzlies are one of the best defensive teams in the game and the most physical by far. That test alone is more than anything the Cavs faced the entire series. They are the ultimate pretenders in a sorry conference. They would have been out in the first round in the west if they ran up against any team but the Pelicans.

LeBron James and Kyrie Irving would have been out of the first round in the playoffs because of the Mavericks, Portland, Grizzlies, and Rockets?

tumblr_mdgtgokREc1qk5rvm.jpg

Not responding to the rest of that whiny drek.

They are the ultimate pretenders in a sorry conference. They would have been out in the first round in the west if they ran up against any team but the Pelicans.

So they're out in the first round against a Grizzlies team they swept by an average of 20 points in the regular season?

They're out in the first round against one third of a Blazers team?

They're out in the first round against a Mavericks team that was even worse on the defensive end than Cleveland was before the Great Knicks Highway Robbery of January 2015?

They're out against a mentally weak Clippers team they swept?

LeBron James and Kyrie Irving would have been out of the first round in the playoffs because of the Mavericks, Portland, Grizzlies, and Rockets?

tumblr_mdgtgokREc1qk5rvm.jpg

You really think the Grizzlies wouldn't have punked them out of the building? I hate the Rockets and even they would have done well against them. Mavericks would have too if their locker room wasn't in complete self destruct mode.

*obligatory pic of something that's been posted 50 times*

"Hold those L's" and "Salt picture number 63" are about the only responses you guys have left these days it seems.

No, it means that you know don't know as much as you think. You come in here and post your crappy predictions that turned out to be wrong and act as if you're this baskeball seer that can somehow quantify the quality of teams.

Give us a break with your dross, and bring something good to the basketball discussion.

Not responding to the rest of that whiny drek.

So they're out in the first round against a Grizzlies team they swept by an average of 20 points in the regular season?

They're out in the first round against one third of a Blazers team?

They're out in the first round against a Mavericks team that was even worse on the defensive end than Cleveland was before the Great Knicks Highway Robbery of January 2015?

They're out against a mentally weak Clippers team they swept?

We're using regular season records now?

Enron

Banned
The Hawks are done. They are going to get swept. They look completely and utterly beaten.

All that fan goodwill just evaporated into thin air, back to business as usual for the Hawks.

And the team already playing the slowest pace in the regular season is somehow going to play 20 points worse because it's April and/or May.

There's nothing left to argue. We'll see how they do in the finals, assuming the refs call it fair.

I guarantee we will see just how easy they had it getting to this point when they run into a team that has few weaknesses and is almost completely healthy.

Redd

Hawks need to forget these two games. Steal the third game in Cleveland and they can get back the momentum. If Cleveland wins game three though it's over imo.

At the very least let's hope Atlanta pushes Cleveland to a game 6.

Enron

Banned
Hawks need to forget these two games. Steal the third game in Cleveland and they can get back the momentum. If Cleveland wins game three though it's over imo.

It's not happening. The Hawks will lose the next two games by 20+ points each.

Well...I certainly expected a better fight from Atlanta than this. I expected them to win the series. Instead they're basically mailing it in.

seems fairly unlikely. Teague looks like his spirit is broken, the guy with the knee injury is playing like a guy with a knee injury, and Korver isn't going to play the next game, at minimum.

this is probably a 4-0 sweep. 4-1 at the very worst, as the Cavs know they need time and rest for Kyrie. Hopefully Houston can make it 6 games.

I said in the season thread that the Hawks give up threes because that's the shot they want you to take and if the other team is making them then we'll lose in the playoffs. Well that's exactly what's happening.

Also, where's that ball movement? I'm guessing the passing lanes are being taken away.

I'm just really sad. I expected a close game tonight, win or lose but the Hawks just folded.

Redd

We all gave up on Houston in the Clippers series down 3-1. Just saying it's only two games so far. Hawks can take game three and they're back in this series.

Top Bottom