• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

Crud

Banned
We all gave up on Houston in the Clippers series down 3-1. Just saying it's only two games so far. Hawks can take game three and they're back in this series.

As a Rockets fan myself I can attest to this. But we did not go down 0-2 though in the 2nd round with our comeback. But anything is possible ATL still has a shot.

I don't see the Cavs choking like the Clips did... Even with their decrepit health.

For me it's less has to do with the Cavs, but more to do with the Hawks. Rockets have James Harden who finished 2nd in MVP voting. They have a few guys like Ariza, and Terry with rings and know what it takes. They have Dwight who was at one time one of the most dominated player in the league, and even Jekyll and Hyde Josh Smith.

Atlanta has no one that I go "he can off at any minute now"

dream

For me it's less has to do with the Cavs, but more to do with the Hawks. Rockets have James Harden who finished 2nd in MVP voting. They have a few guys like Ariza, and Terry with rings and know what it takes. They have Dwight who was at one time one of the most dominated player in the league, and even Jekyll and Hyde Josh Smith.

Right. A wise man once said "nobody has ever won a championship with Kyle Korver."

tmdorsey

The Hawks problem to me is Lebron has them shook. They seem so focused and worried about him that they are going away from their game on both sides of the ball. I'm really disappointed in the team and especially Coach Bud. I didn't see any adjustments or corrections made in the team's play so far this series.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The Hawks problem to me is Lebron has them shook. They seem so focused and worried about him that they are going away from their game on both sides of the ball. I'm really disappointed in the team and especially Coach Bud. I didn't see any adjustments or corrections made in the team's play so far this series.

But at least he won Coach of the Year!

The Hawks act like a team that has never been to a conference finals before.

I remember you picking the Bulls over the Cavs. You have no idea cause you're blinded by hate.

You also picked the Spurs and lost. Keep holding those L's.

Just thought I'd respond to this since I missed it. First of all, I've made a lot of predictions over the years and some are right and some are wrong. I always picked against the cavs and that record has been flawless considering they choked every year with Lebron. I also pick against Lebron and his 2-3 finals record seems to mean I'm batting better than 50%.

So unless you're always right then you're being pretty hypocritical, no pun intended. Otherwise, don't use such a laughably cherry picked way to make a point.

I would rarely doubleteam LeBron, just stay in front of him and make him shoot jumpers.

Stephen Curry would have 80 points per game if he was on the Cavs just waiting at the threepoint line for wide open looks.

To the Cavs credit though, they are knocking them down.

Jr Smith and Iman Shumpert look like first team all NBAers, it's a hoot.

Not saying it will happen since it probably won't, but has there ever been a season where both the West and the East champs both swept their conference finals?

When is it appropriate to bump the "LeBron regret going to Cleveland" thread?

Too soon IMO.
Just thought I'd respond to this since I missed it. First of all, I've made a lot of predictions over the years and some are right and some are wrong. I always picked against the cavs and that record has been flawless considering they choked every year with Lebron. I also pick against Lebron and his 2-3 finals record seems to mean I'm batting better than 50%.

So unless you're always right then you're being pretty hypocritical, no pun intended. Otherwise, don't use such a laughably cherry picked way to make a point.

I'm not always right, but I never claimed to be right all the time, however I avoid the hot takes bullshit that you sling of "Cavs always choke in the playoffs" "The Cavs have no chance against the west playoffs teams" There's no substance to your post, just dross.

You may have been right in the past and you're more likely to be right in regards to the warriors domination if the Cavs were to advance, however that doesn't mean you're any good at it. I'm sure a blind octopus would have the same average than you.

lebron is an animal jeez

What's weird is seeing him rolling his ankle like that against the Bulls which would sideline most players for a game or two but for him it's like nothing happened.

I'm surprised he didn't get hurt when he fell down awkwardly on one leg when he took that hard foul at the rim that got called a flagrant 1.

It's like he's got invincibility mode on or something.

Blablurn

So you're the NBA equivalent of Tabris in the NFL thread? :/

No idea who that is.

I'm obviously not a lifelong fan of some team but LeBrons departure to Miami and the whole drama around it made me watch NBA again. As a European havent followed the league since Jordan before that time. So, yeah I don't mind following him.

But to be fair, for some reason I enjoyed the Miami years more than this Cleveland year so far. Miami was a top class organization.

But man, if he can win it for his home town, that certainly would be something.

What's weird is seeing him rolling his ankle like that against the Bulls which would sideline most players for a game or two but for him it's like nothing happened.

Don't underestimate his games.

He obviously rolled it but I don't believe it was nearly as bad as he said.

Plus, most would have came right back in that game after getting taped up or treated.

Only people like me are out for weeks with a sprained ankle.

I'm not always right, but I never claimed to be right all the time, however I avoid the hot takes bullshit that you sling of "Cavs always choke in the playoffs" "The Cavs have no chance against the west playoffs teams" There's no substance to your post, just dross.

You may have been right in the past and you're more likely to be right in regards to the warriors domination if the Cavs were to advance, however that doesn't mean you're any good at it. I'm sure a blind octopus would have the same average than you.

So then why are you specifically cherry picking predictions if it doesn't mean anything? I'd say the statement that they always choked is pretty valid considering they had the best record numerous times and were picked to win by many analysts, yet they choked. Would that same blind octopus put up a more logical argument than you have so far?

Jeff Teague. But his confidence disappeared in Game 2 when his team needed him the most. I'm really disappointed in him. I talk him up a lot because he always seem to come through when it counts for his team with big plays and big shots. But he was straight up AFK in for the last 3 quarters of Game 2. I'm sort of embarrassed for him.

Also, I almost forgot this was a team that got 4 players to the all-star game.

Only people like me are out for weeks with a sprained ankle.
I know that feel breh
N7ZURZd.png

But man, if he can win it for his home town, that certainly would be something.
Dude will be treated like the 2nd coming of jesus in ohio if he does it.. imagine lebron chipping with this roster.. shiiieeettt i cannot hate on that.

So then why are you specifically cherry picking predictions if it doesn't mean anything? I'd say the statement that they always choked is pretty valid considering they had the best record numerous times and were picked to win by many analysts, yet they choked. Would that same blind octopus put up a more logical argument than you have so far?

Not, it means that you lack the needed perspective to make an honest prediction, let's leave it at that.

What do people think about these playoffs so far, unfortunately the only thoroughly entertaining series was Hawks/Wiz and series involving the Clippers, injuries really hurt this year.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
What do people think about these playoffs so far, unfortunately the only thoroughly entertaining series was Hawks/Wiz and series involving the Clippers, injuries really hurt this year.

Bulls cavs was fun first few games the it became a nightmare.

Injuries have killed the playoffs for me.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
It's a bit anticlimactic that it was perceived as being wide-open yet in the end it's 1 vs 2 in both conferences. Houston at full health versus GSW would have gone 7. Full health Cavs in the Finals and the Kevin Love no-trade to GSW subplot would have been fun. But injuries have taken away all that and it's an inevitability that GSW will chip.

Enron

Banned
the ajc and the atlanta sportstalk stations all are saying the same thing - the hawks have tricked us and we shouldn't have any faith in them, perhaps ever again.

The entire city has completely turned on their nba franchise overnight. It's kind of funny but also sad at the same time. Im not a Hawks fan, but I wish Atlanta cared more about basketball. The Eastern Conference finals have all but assured they probably never will again.

effzee

I guess I'm like Tabris of the NBA as well. Root for the Sixers but since they are forever tanking, I end up rooting for a LeBron team in the playoffs. Especially because of dickbags like bam bam who make we wish LeBron always wins.

That and the best matchups.

Warriors Cavs should be fun. And a true come out party for Curry since a lot of West coast games are never seen on the East.

I guess I'm like Tabris of the NBA as well. Root for the Sixers but since they are forever tanking, I end up rooting for a LeBron team in the playoffs. Especially because of dickbags like bam bam who make we wish LeBron always wins.

That and the best matchups.

Warriors Cavs should be fun. And a true come out party for Curry since a lot of West coast games are never seen on the East.

I'm a dick because I don't like a guy who you've never met and who does not know you exist. You act as though I've insulted your family member.

Top Bottom