• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

spyder_ur

Celts somehow hanging in there right now.

Yeah they have a knack for that. They've gotten good shots both ways, but they don't have enough scoring punch to really go on runs and get over the hump though.

The 4 early fouls in the first 3 minutes killed them, they couldn't be as aggressive. But Cleveland started jacking threes and went cold.

Thompson is a serious pain in the ass. Seems like he gets every single 50/50 rebounds. Might help if Sully put his fat ass on him though.

But all things considered, great job hanging in.

spyder_ur

I wish the league could legislate smug, condescending looks from NBA superstars out of the game.

Cleveland fans chanting "MVP" at LeBron at the line. They did the same for Kyrie last game. Which is it, Cleveland? WHICH IS IT?

Might need to grab myself a bourbon to deal with the inevitable ending of this game.

EDIT: Isaiah! Cavs, especially the bigs, are really struggling with PnRs. Thomas-Zeller is not the best combination of that they will see this postseason.

spyder_ur

Boston a top 4 seed next year? Those assets have to be jaw dropping

I would normally say no - alot of their best assets (i.e. picks) are more long-terms - unless they can swing a trade for or sign a big name.

That being said, why the hell not? They were the second best team in the East since the break and that's not really a small sample size.

And just look at this series. This is really a worst-case matchup for them, and still the Celtics aren't that much worse than Cleveland at all.

spyder_ur

Oh man. Poor Bradley. That was incredible D. I like that the Celts are going with all three guards (Thomas, Bradley, Smart) down the stretch here, if only to get Smart some reps.

spyder_ur

Celtics are a quality big away from competing

DeAndre Jordan please

Doesn't Doc owe us for holding his son hostage for a few weeks?

A defensive stud big man would really make this team super compelling - they'd immediately be a very good defensive team. Add a wing "Three and D" guy and they're not that far away, pending the development of their younger guys, most importantly Smart.

Do you guys think CLE is playing down to their competition because aside from Kyrie they're not looking like some juggernaught out there.

spyder_ur

Holy smokes that $100 mayweather-pacquiao ppv

Looking like a great bar night from here.

Oh well, another good effort tonight. They were much better defensively tonight, but Cleveland is really good. I'm pretty stunned by how much more I fear Tristan Thompson than Kevin Love, as a Celts fan.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The question is will the press give the Cavs shit for only winning by 8 like they did the Hawks only winning by 7?

I doubt.

Kinda odd that Cavs has a lot of great passers but for some reason settling for some stagnant iso O.. can be hype as hell if stars make shots but its awful to watch if not.

spyder_ur

Kinda odd that Cavs has a lot of great passers but for some reason settling for some stagnant iso O.. can be hype as hell if stars make shots but its awful to watch if not.

They actually don't have a lot of great passers outside of LeBron. Kyrie is an elite 1-on-1 guy but not a great passer for a point guard. Love had a reputation as one but he's essentially a decoy now. Their big men aren't that skilled with the ball and their wings (Smith, Shumpert, Jones, etc.) are basically either stand still shooters or defensive guys.

I think that's part of the reason Blatt hasn't worked out that well. I admit it is surprising seeing how much better the Celtics move the ball with comparatively limited personnel.

Mxrz

Hopefully LeBron can read up and become a better coach this summer. With some actual set plays their offense could be really good.

Blatt installed a lot of great ball movement sets but yeah, they go back to iso too often. Will be great when they open it up more and cash in Haywood's check

Top Bottom