• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS |OT| One man's Smith.. Is another man's treasure.

JNA

Banned
Rondo ain't re-signing to play with Carlisle lol. Dude is La La land bound.

Fuck that. Clarkson is the future PG there.

Rondo and Love will both sit on the bench in 4th quarters together on the Knicks. Lakers don't sign B tier players.

I need a gif of all those Smith lobs pronto, so badass

For those keeping score, home teams are 11-2 so far in the playoffs. Only 2 home losses have been from Toronto and Toronto

I'd imagine that percentage is going to go down once the higher seeds start playing the lower seeds at their house

Tekniqs

lol Chuck dropping some real shit here.

Dirk had a bad game. He was playing but just had a bad shooting night.
Rondo looked like he didn't even want to be on the court.

HUUUUGE difference

KePoW

Banned

HUUUUGE difference

exactly this

there's a huge difference between playing hard but missing a lot of shots -- that happens

But when you don't give any effort period, that's inexcusable. Don't know why Shaq and Kenny don't understand that

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Rondo is so damn immature.

Harden continuing is brilliant shooting, 5-17. 8 points in the second half, all from free throws. lol Fucking manufactured "superstar".

Shaq will not shit on any players he's played with other than if its Kobe.

Im digging up a rondo article i read back when the trade happened where Ainge basically ethered rondo saying he's not good enough of a player to act the way he's acting etc etc.

Line_HTX

Rondo is so damn immature.

Harden continuing is brilliant shooting, 5-17. 8 points in the second half, all from free throws. lol Fucking manufactured "superstar".

The Beard carried the Rockets to a #2 seed the whole season. If I'm not mistaken, he has the most 30 point games this whole season. =D

HUUUUGE difference

This trade has blown up worse than Lamar Odom for the Mavs. What's worse with this situation is that Carlisle is put in question now to with his strict micro management of games.

edit: I need to find out who to root for once the mavs get swept.

Soonri

This trade has blown up worse than Lamar Odom for the Mavs. What's worse with this situation is that Carlisle is put in question now to with his strict micro management of games.

Rondo ain't been cut yet, although purposely fouling to get out of the game is pretty close

Just root for Memphis or Dubs.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

It's not a coincedence any more. Rondo is the single most overrated player in the league, bar none and has been for years. He holds onto the ball too long and will not pass unless he KNOWS he can get an assist. It slows the offense down period. In his prime he had 3 first ballot HOF making it easy, creating space and able to score from inside, outside, and anywhere in between. His defense has always been a joke. Even when he averaged a good amount of steals, almost all of them happened through letting guys by and trying to poke the ball out. It was a no brainer filtering these guys into Perk/KG. He has NO shooting ability, he's scared to go to the hole at the thought of going to the line, and even when he does his finishing ability is mediocre. He pounds the air out of the ball. He has no leadership skills, he whines, he cries, he causes locker room rifts... what the hell happened that caused this guy to blow up?! Seriously he's 100% garbage.

In 2012 the celts had a better record after his torn ACL. In 2013 he actually made the celtics worse when he returned. In 2014 the Celtics were not just better, but SIGNIFICANTLY so once he was shipped off. The best part of that? The team that got him dropped off a cliff in terms of offensive efficiency. Rondo was not a good decision in any way for this mavs team. The ball in Ellis hands made far more sense and the offense was fine as it was. Wright and Crowder off the bench right now would be far better than whatever they're limping to the barn with now.

JNA

Banned
exactly this

there's a huge difference between playing hard but missing a lot of shots -- that happens

But when you don't give any effort period, that's inexcusable. Don't know why Shaq and Kenny don't understand that

Simple: Kenny in his day never had to play that hard himself when he rides with one of the greatest bigmen of all time. And Shaq while being great himself, lacked work ethic to become greater than he could have been. He could have been the very best of all time but got lazier and lazier from 2002 and on.

You could tell based on that, why those two don't see the difference between having a bad game but playing hard, and having a bad game while playing with no effort.

^ That was a disheartening but true post to read msdstc. I gave Cubes some free passes after the championship, but I don't know if I can give him anymore.

I would kill to have Wright back right now.

As a Rockets fan, I know we can't be content with a 2-0 lead vs. you guys. We were up 2-0 against Dallas in the 2005 playoffs and Dallas won that series in 7

JoeFu

Banned
You still have to make the trade. Mavs could not beat any competent team before the trade. The Mavs had an easy early schedule and they really were fun to watch against bad teams. But Jameer and Mavs as a whole were getting lit from the three point line and couldn't do anything except outscore teams. Wouldn't have gotten anywhere this post season with that team. Doesn't matter though since next season the Mavs are probably going to have like 6 new players on the team again.

What was Wright gonna do against any of the Houston bigs ? he probably couldn't even hold off Smith from backing him down.

JNA

Banned
It's not a coincedence any more. Rondo is the single most overrated player in the league, bar none and has been for years. He holds onto the ball too long and will not pass unless he KNOWS he can get an assist. It slows the offense down period. In his prime he had 3 first ballot HOF making it easy, creating space and able to score from inside, outside, and anywhere in between. His defense has always been a joke. Even when he averaged a good amount of steals, almost all of them happened through letting guys by and trying to poke the ball out. It was a no brainer filtering these guys into Perk/KG. He has NO shooting ability, he's scared to go to the hole at the thought of going to the line, and even when he does his finishing ability is mediocre. He pounds the air out of the ball. He has no leadership skills, he whines, he cries, he causes locker room rifts... what the hell happened that caused this guy to blow up?! Seriously he's 100% garbage.

In 2012 the celts had a better record after his torn ACL. In 2013 he actually made the celtics worse when he returned. In 2014 the Celtics were not just better, but SIGNIFICANTLY so once he was shipped off. The best part of that? The team that got him dropped off a cliff in terms of offensive efficiency. Rondo was not a good decision in any way for this mavs team. The ball in Ellis hands made far more sense and the offense was fine as it was. Wright and Crowder off the bench right now would be far better than whatever they're limping to the barn with now.

That's exactly what I said before.

Rondo makes teams worse nowadays due to him no longer being the elite defender or inside scorer he once was. Those days in 2010-2012 are long gone with him.

Not to mention his god awful shooting and free throw shooting. He's a liability offensively and now a lazy defender. His high assist mark are pretty much empty stats at this point since they haven't positively affected his team in ears.

It's like when Kevin Love put those empty stats on the Wolves. Now look at him, sitting on the bench constantly in 4th quarters while he watches Lebron and Irving coast him in his first playoff run.

I really hope rondo signs with the Lakers. F the lakers

Clarkson is the PG on the Lakers now and they are rebuilding. There is literally zero reason for the Lakers to want an over the hill Rondo at this point.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That's exactly what I said before.

Rondo makes teams worse nowadays due to him no longer being the elite defender or inside scorer he once was. Those days in 2010-2012 are long gone with him.

Not to mention his god awful shooting and free throw shooting. He's a liability offensively and now a lazy defender. His high assist mark are pretty much empty stats at this point since they haven't positively affected his team in ears.

It's like when Kevin Love put those empty stats on the Wolves. Now look at him, sitting on the bench constantly in 4th quarters while he watches Lebron and Irving coast him in his first playoff run.

Clarkson is the PG on the Lakers now and they are rebuilding. There is literally zero reason for the Lakers to want an over the hill Rondo at this point.

I've watched Rondo since we drafted him, he was NEVER an elite inside scorer, and elite defender is a massive over statement. He could play very loose and home run style defense due to perk and KG... I mean KG alone shut down a good chunk of the court back then. He racked in steals and he earned himself some defensive recognition for whatever reason, but that's always been a massively overrated aspect of his game.

His inside scoring? He shot a high percentage, because he rarely took shots. Most of his points came in transition off of steals or off the ONE move he has which is the scoop fake behind the back for the easy up and in. He is solid at making circus shots high off the backboard, which is good for the occasional "wow look at that!" and winning yourself a game of horse. 0 consistency whatsoever.

You still have to make the trade. Mavs could not beat any competent team before the trade. The Mavs had an easy early schedule and they really were fun to watch against bad teams. But Jameer and Mavs as a whole were getting lit from the three point line and couldn't do anything except outscore teams. Wouldn't have gotten anywhere this post season with that team. Doesn't matter though since next season the Mavs are probably going to have like 6 new players on the team again.

What was Wright gonna do against any of the Houston bigs ? he probably couldn't even hold off Smith from backing him down.

They would have a punchers chance. They'd have a better defense, a better offense, better chemistry, better efficiency, better rebounding JUST by removing him from the team- addition by subtraction. Add in what wright was doing in terms of the rhythm/rebounding/blocks and Crowders spark off the bench and there's something worth while there. They would've finished higher seeded and had a shot at taking a run. On top of that if you HAVE to trade wright, then trade him and the pick for somebody worth a damn, you got the wrong guy.

edit- and about the empty stats? Rondo is the king of that. He steals rebounds from teammates, he pounds the air out of the ball and allows guys to run sets until they breakfree, he will not pass the ball to keep the ball moving and get something going, instead he'll wait until somebody breaks off their man and gets an easy look, which is why his half court offense is atrocious, even in the prime years of the celts the half court left a TON to be desired for this very reason. Because he racked in stats easily this way (also by passing on fast breaks where it was 2 on 0 for easy assists and padding) people thought he was some superstar. He has some flashy moves, he's tough as nails, and he was fast, so he was easy to pimp as the next thing... hell Wyc probably saw the dollars rack in, and he was probably a huge proponent of the "rondo is a superstar" movement. It was always a load of shit, I prefered Delonte over Rondos garbage(hyperbole, but seriously anybody could've ran that offense back then).

JNA

Banned
Holy crap...Ludacris is so short!

Seriously are you guys still watching? Some should take a picture or something.

As a Rockets fan, I know we can't be content with a 2-0 lead vs. you guys. We were up 2-0 against Dallas in the 2005 playoffs and Dallas won that series in 7

While I appreciate the sentiment, the Rockets were playing against Dirk and Terry who were in their late 20's at the top of their game. Overall that Mavs team was WAAAAYYYY better than what this current dysfunctional team is even outside of Dirk and JET.

Mavs may win 1 game but I wouldn't be shocked if the Rockets sweep em on the road.

JoeFu

Banned
They would have a punchers chance. They'd have a better defense, a better offense, better chemistry, better efficiency, better rebounding JUST by removing him from the team- addition by subtraction. Add in what wright was doing in terms of the rhythm/rebounding/blocks and Crowders spark off the bench and there's something worth while there. They would've finished higher seeded and had a shot at taking a run. On top of that if you HAVE to trade wright, then trade him and the pick for somebody worth a damn, you got the wrong guy.

Nah. The defensive numbers went up after the trade and I'm pretty sure they're rebounding better too. Mavs were awful at rebounds before the trade too.

The only good wins the Mavs had were wins against the Raptors and Bulls with that team. They couldn't beat any western conference contenders.

If you thought the Mavs could make a run with the team pre-trade you're pretty delusional. I love the Mavs, but seriously nothing was gonna happen with that team.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Nah. The defensive numbers went up after the trade and I'm pretty sure they're rebounding better too. Mavs were awful at rebounds before the trade too.

The only good wins the Mavs had were wins against the Raptors and Bulls with that team. They couldn't beat any western conference contenders.

If you thought the Mavs could make a run with the team pre-trade you're pretty delusional. I love the Mavs, but seriously nothing was gonna happen with that team.

Likely due to a slower pace.

Damn noticed every one hating on Rondo around the internet. How bad was he in this game. How did he play only 10 minutes.

He got a 8 second violation in the first half. Then when the 2nd half started he had 2 fouls and fouled Harden twice on quick succession to give him 4 fouls which some people thought he did intentionally to get pulled from the game.

JNA

Banned
He got a 8 second violation in the first half. Then when the 2nd half started he had 2 fouls and fouled Harden twice on quick succession to give him 4 fouls which some people thought he did intentionally to get pulled from the game.

Oh snap seriously? I didn't watch the start of the 2nd half and never knew that.

Jeez Rondo...

Oh snap seriously? I didn't watch the start of the 2nd half and never knew that.

Jeez Rondo...

Yeah, it happened right when the second half started as well. Rondo got a non shooting foul then immediately afterward grabbed Harden's right arm and Harden flung it up there to get a shooting foul outside the 3 pt line.

Which, obviously there's no reason to foul in that situation when Harden has his left shoulder facing a defender considering he's a left handed shooter.

JNA

Banned
Yeah, it happened right when the second half started as well. Rondo got a non shooting foul then immediately afterward grabbed Harden's right arm and Harden flung it up there to get a shooting foul outside the 3 pt line.

Which, obviously there's no reason to foul in that situation when Harden has his left shoulder facing a defender considering he's a left handed shooter.

...PLAYOFF RONDO!

Top Bottom